House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I dont remember...

Go down 
+3
CareBear ;3
Veronica
Brittie!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brittie!
Discovering you have an affinity for Fire
Brittie!

Female Posts : 455

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:31 pm

I Don’t Remember…

Cheyenne

Who?
Chapter 1

It was dark. That’s the only way to describe the cold, isolated room that I was in now. The only light was a small tear in the newspaper that covered the windows; all this revealed was the dirty stone floor beneath me and the boxes that surrounded the room. I don’t remember how I got here or how the ropes got around me so tightly, it was hard to breathe. I also don’t remember not being able to speak; the tape was muffling my words. I wanted to scream and kick my feet but I wasn’t able to because of these restrictions. But I could cry and try to remember…but it came out blank…there was nothing to remember…all just…blank, a dark space in my mind. It was like stepping into a room that was empty though you knew that there use to be so much there before, things that were important to you and to whom you were…and that’s what it was…what made me, me, was gone. There was nothing in my memory but black. Who was I?


It was storming; the loud boom of thunder and pounding rain covered our screams as we yet again fought over my “inappropriate teenage behavior” as they call it. The storm fit in well with the atmosphere inside my house, complete chaos and destruction. “You are too young to be drinking! At school even, Cheyenne! What were you thinking?” My fragile looking mother yelled. Her blonde hair was coming out of her bun and her violet eyes were looking at me with disappointment. It was weird seeing her so distraught after the last couple years of pretending to be the perfect wife and mother. I’ve tried to achieve this, seeing my mother act normal; finally seeing her snap filled me with the greatest warmth of accomplishment.
It was like this all the time now, me having to do something horrible to get a second of attention from my mother. The only time she spoke to me was when she was yelling at me. Telling me how I wasn’t perfect like the rest of the family, expecting me to act like everything was okay when it wasn’t. Nothing was ever going to be okay as long as she acts the way she does and for somebody that wasn’t even worth it, someone who did nothing but tear our family apart and ruin everything. I was proud that she wasn’t acting like she has been since she married my step father, Grant. Always pretending to be so perfect and calm like she was one of the moms from Pleasantville. I hated her. I hated that I looked just like her. I hated that she wasn’t my mother anymore. I hated she gave up her family and her love for painting, all for this stupid guy who she didn’t really know. Who tricked her into loving him and trusting him and marrying him. Well, I knew the real him. I knew all the crap he was into and I knew all of the names of the girls he snuck around with but mom was too ignorant to listen to me. She wasn’t as smart as she was anymore, my mother was gone.
“I was thinking what I told them! They’re arrogant asses who don’t know how to keep their noses in their own business!”
“Watch your mouth young lady!” Grant piped in. I glared at his greased back black hair and his cold brown eyes. I wanted to slap the skinny lawyer in the face. Who was he to tell me what to do? He wasn’t my father and I made sure that he remembered that.
“Don’t tell me what to do!” I snapped at him, slapping his hand away from me as he grabbed for my shoulder. He glared at me and put his arms around my mother. I lifted my upper lip in disgust as I watched him put his filthy hands on my mother, that’s when my anger lifted beyond my controlling level. “DON’T TOUCH HER!”
He looked at me, scowling, then to my mother sweetly. “She’s out of control, Lydia. She pushed her teacher into her principal. She needs help. I love our daughter just-“
“You don’t love me and im not your daughter, jerk!”
He frowned. “Cheyenne-“
“CHEY!” I corrected spitefully.
He sighed and clenched his teeth together in impatience and his eyes closed, trying to control his temper. Oh, and he had a temper. Mom didn’t know it but he hit me and my little brother, Jackson, all the time when mom wasn’t home. He threatened us to keep our mouths shut, but I was so tired of keeping my mouth shut, I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs. To let mom know who the man she married really is. Then his eyes opened in slits as he glared at me with pure hatred. “Listen, you are nothing more than a little punk who deserves to get the hell knocked out of her and what I’ve heard around town you’re becoming a little slut too!”
That’s when I snapped, my fist balled up and before I knew it, I had swung my fist right into Grant’s nose. I heard a crack and he turned away with a cry of pain. He grabbed his nose and turned back to me. I could see blood seeping through the cracks in his hands then in a flash his hand snapped against my face. I gasped and landed hard on the ground and touched my hand to my stinging face. I looked up and my violet eyes looked into his, he didn’t look shocked at that he had done; he looked proud and hateful. I took a chance and looked at my mother, hoping she would look at Grant in horror and make him leave and to never come back again. I was yet again let down as I noticed that she was looking at me in shock and then she did something that broke my heart right there, she turned her back on me. I stood up and before I ran up to my room I looked more deeply into Grant’s eyes and said the words that I knew he would understand and I knew would scare the hell out of him. “I know everything and soon so will mom and everyone else in town, especially the cops.” I pivoted on my feet and ran up the stairs to my room. I knew how the scene looked from downstairs without being there; Jackson was watching from a crack in the door, mom was looking up at Grant in confusion and wonder over what I had said and what made me sick is I knew she still trusted the criminal, and Grant…he was mad as hell.
I didn’t know what I was getting myself into, I didn’t know how Grant was going to keep me from talking…until now. It was that night when they were all asleep. It was precisely 4:53 in the morning as I opened my window and slid out from on my stomach, planting my feet securely in the square holes of the lattice that leaned under my window, scrunching the purple flowers that grew on the vine that laced through the holes. My hands left the window seal and onto the lattice then I quietly climbed down, my backpack held clothes and things that my father had left me. My keys were in my jacket pocket and I had a map that would guide me to my Aunt Shirley’s house, my father’s sister. I jumped down onto the damp grass and pulled my hood up, the lightning was striking pinks and purples in the sky and thunder rolled beneath my feet, the rain was coming down hard on my face as I looked up. I looked back in front of me, at the dark road that seemed to glow from being wet with rain. I took a deep breath, boosting myself to move forward with a dose of adrenaline, it’s all I needed. I started running to my car, but as I got close I stopped in my tracks. Both of my tires on the right side were flat and I didn’t need to go to the other side to know that the other two were flat as well. I growled and whirled around, flipping off were my mom and Grant’s bedroom was and then I started running, as fast as I could to the only person I trusted to get me where I wanted to go, Landon.
I have always hated how far Landon lived, he moved out of his house and into an apartment in the city the second he turned eighteen, that was about five months ago. I sighed in frustration and sped up, that’s when I heard the noises. I stopped suddenly, my sneakers squeaking against the wet pavement; stupid move number one. Then I took looked around, stupid move number two. I heard chuckles now and I whirled around only to see a lonely bench and a dim street light, then the light suddenly went dark and I could only see the silhouette of the trees around me and the bench of the city park, I had chosen to go the short way to get to Landon’s which was through the park, which was separated from the busy city; stupid move number three. I moaned hopelessly as the sounds of feet got closer, I didn’t know what was happening and I was scared. There were noises all around me that let me know I wasn’t alone. I wanted to turn and run, to get the hell out of there and scream for help; but I was completely frozen on my feet. I finally built up the adrenaline to make myself move and as I turned to run away, a hard object hit my face and then the world faded into black.

It was the sound of footsteps that woke me and my eyes started to flutter and slightly open. Everything was fuzzy and I couldn’t make out anything yet. My eyes opened wider, though I knew that it wouldn’t do any good because it was all black with darkness, but I did see movement and as they stepped forward the light from a tear in newspaper over what I figured was a window, showed a shadowed image of the guys face. He was bald and his eyes were pale blue, they seemed to be filled with cruelty and I knew he was bad. I didn’t know him. Which I couldn’t even remember me, so how would I know him? I gulped and when I did it felt like I was choking on sand, I was thirsty. I closed my eyes hard then opened them again. Everything was still fuzzy and out of nowhere a horrible headache hit that pounded hard at my forehead. My hair felt slightly crusted and a wet liquid was trailing down my face, on my hairline was where the pain was pulsating most. It hurt to move that side of my face and my eye wanted to close even if the pain protested. I whimpered as I looked back up at the guy. He chuckled as if my pain amused him. A movement of his shoulder informed me that he was raising his hand; I thought he was going to grab for me, so I scooted closer to the wall with difficulty, the ropes made my whole body ache terribly. Instead, he pulled on a string that I had not seen and with a click a dim light shone down on the dark…basement…I was in a basement. He kneeled down in front of me and seemed be to studying me closely, with a sick grin that sent an involuntary chill run down my spine. I was lying on the cold stone floor of the basement, wrapped tightly in the rough hairs of a rope and I was positive that I looked afraid and helpless. That was how I felt anyways. I was looking around when he grabbed my face and forced me to look at him, I gasped from the sharp way he moved my head that sent a wave of sharp pain through me and from pure fear. His face came in an out of the light as the light bulb above us swung loosely from the ceiling. “Hey there princess, are you thirsty?”
I gulped again at my dry throat, it felt like sandpaper. I blinked at the man, nto trusting him at all but so desperate for what he offered that I managed to whisper in a raspy voice; “Yes.” My voice shocked me and the reaction sent another wave of pain in my head. Was that my voice?
He grinned devilishly, that’s the only way to describe it. “Let me get you something.”
I nodded as he released my face; I scooted back away from him to as close to the wall as I could and managed myself into a sitting position, which was tuff with the ropes tied from my breast to my shin. I leaned my head back and shivered. It was cold. Every movement hurt me; the ropes seemed to graze roughly against my skin with the slightest shift, pricking me in every inch of my body. I clenched my teeth to stop them from chattering.
The guy stood up from his kneeling position and spoke deeply down at me; “Grant was right, you sure are pretty.”
I blinked in confusion. I didn’t know what he was talking about. Was I pretty? I can’t remember. Who was Grant? Was I supposed to remember? What happened to me? Why can’t I remember? I coughed to clear my throat then stared up at him, blinking again to clear my vision. “Who…Who is Grant?”
He raised a brow at me as if what I had asked should be obvious, then he frowned at the spot were the crusty/wet pain was and turned around-without answering my question-and walked up the stairs into what looked like a kitchen. I groaned and leaned my head back against the stone wall again, I felt so weak; though the pain was starting to fade.
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Landon

Gone?
Chapter 2

It was the same as everyday; I drove my red Chevy truck to pick up Cheyenne for school. But when I arrived at the familiar two-story Victorian style house, there were red and blue sirens flashing brightly in my eyes. My brows pulled together in wonder and surprise as I pulled up on the side of the road, a feeling in the pit of my stomach lurched, something was wrong. Mr. and Mrs. Johanson were standing out in the front yard, speaking to a tall, skinny policeman with balding black hair, he was holding his hat at his side and his other hand was wiping at his forehead. Grant, Mr. Johanson, didn’t show any emotion but held his disheveled and hysterical wife as he spoke to the police officer. The tears that came from her cheeks heavily triggered the automatic answer to the commotion, something had happened to Cheyenne. I opened the door so fast that the hinges made a wail that made my presence noticed. Lydia’s head shot up at the sound, I studied her swollen and red eyes, her tangled hair and blue bathroom that she held around her tightly. Then they caught me, her violet eyes…Cheyenne’s eyes…were glistening and seemed to shine like glass from where she was upset. Cheyenne’s eyes did that when she cried, too. I recalled as I looked away from them, they pulled at my heart because I knew, I knew that I wouldn’t be seeing those eyes today. Grant’s head also turned me, almost reluctantly it seemed but I brushed it off and closed the distance between us as I walked up to the mailbox where they stood. I looked between the two and then to the cops coming in and out of the house, then back to Grant and Lydia. “Where is she?” I asked around the lump in my throat.
I didn’t need the answer; I knew that she was gone. Cheyenne wasn’t here. Something happened. Something bad. Nobody spoke, they just stared at me and I stared back, meeting each eye before I pushed past them and into the house and up the stairs where her room was. I didn’t know why I was searching for her, I already understood that she was not there, that she was gone but she had to leave something behind. She wouldn’t leave without telling me something or leaving me a clue as to where to find her. I searched her room, high and low. I ripped the covers from her bed and stared down at her sheets, nothing, so I ripped them off as well; nothing. There had to me something, I wouldn’t give up. I tore the pillow cases off of every pillow and shook them to see if anything had fallen out, nothing. I growled in frustration and sunk down to the floor; I looked under the bed and moved around boxes of her old cds, photo albums, and evidence of her abandoned hobbies. But again, there was nothing there to find. I stood up and looked around again, thinking of where else I could look. I walked over to her dresser and opened her jewelry box, the earrings and necklace that I bought her for her birthday last summer was the only things that inhabited the jewelry box, aside from her grandmothers rose pendant that she had received after her grandmothers death. I closed the jewelry box carefully and moved down to the top drawer of Cheyenne’s dresser. I checked every dresser and anywhere else in Cheyenne’s room, but there just wasn’t anything to find. Cheyenne didn’t leave any evidence of where she had gone or why she had left. She was just gone.
It was then that Grant walked in and stared down at me sitting exhaustedly on Cheyenne’s floor, leaning against her mahogany dresser. He sighed as he motioned for me to stand up and when I did, he placed a firm hand on my shoulder. “I’m sorry, Landon. Cheyenne just up and left. She was caught drinking at school and when we grounded her to her room, she never came back out. We woke up this morning and we called her down for breakfast, she never came so Lydia came up here to find her bed empty. We checked the whole house for her or a note…nothing. I know you were good friends with her Landon. If she said anything, anything at all, that you might think she would run away for. Let us know.” He leaned his face closer to mine and narrowed his eyes. “Do you know anything, Landon?” I knew he was asking me to understand why Cheyenne would leave, but for some reason, it sounded slightly like a threat.
I gulped and stepped back. “No, sir, I don’t know anything. Or else I wouldn’t be up here looking for anything that what tell me why she left.”
Grant stared at me hard for a moment, studying me closely. Then he let out a heavy sigh and patted my shoulder. “You’re a good boy, Landon. If you hear anything, let us know. If she tries to contact you, you come straight to us. The cops will be asking questions around school today, so make sure to listen closely so you can let us know if anybody else talks. Make sure to ask, Katherine. She may know something; they are best friends, right?”
I just nodded my head as I looked past him, wanting to leave before I lost control. Why would she leave without telling me or Kat? It didn’t make sense. Cheyenne would never do that. I grinded my teeth and went to walk by him when he grabbed my arm with a surprisingly tight grip, I looked up at him taken aback. His eyes were serious, staring deep into mine as he firmly told me; “Don’t look too far into this Landon, you just let us know what you hear. Don’t try to figure it out on your own, a boy you’re age doesn’t need to be getting into these things. Keep your nose where it belongs.”
I glared at him and pulled my arm away. “My nose is where it belongs, I love Cheyenne and I will do whatever it takes to find her.” I pushed past him and strode out of the house. When I got in my truck I pressed my forehead to the steering wheel, my eyes stinging from holding back tears. I hadn’t cried in a long time…I refused to ever cry again. Besides since I had met Cheyenne, there was no reason to cry, she made me nothing but happy…even when I remembered my parents and all the hell they had put me through, she still made me smile. I pulled my head up and, inevitably, my eyes trailed up to Cheyenne’s window. Grant was there, staring down at me with almost a spiteful look. My brows pulled together in bewilderment, why would Grant be looking at me like that? I frowned and started the ignition, pulling out of their drive and on to the street. Grant’s face was tattooed in my mind. Then it was clear as I remembered the look in his eyes and the harshness in his words, Grant knew something…and I was going to figure it out.
Back to top Go down

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 10:31 pm

oh my goodness this is so amazing the diction is flawless and the dialogue is flawless, and the plot really draws you in i love it post more if you can Smile plus i think you are psychic because i just used the name landon in something lol anyway, i absolutely adore it
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:11 am

thankies hunny!! O i will. flippen awsome sis lol
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:36 pm

I dont think anybody else likes it lol
Back to top Go down
Veronica
Freaking out
Freaking out
Veronica

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: veronica
Affinities :

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:08 pm

i love this story. hope u write more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 1:33 am

thank you so much and will do =]
Back to top Go down
CareBear ;3
Telling your parents you are a fledgling
CareBear ;3

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Wow! This is really good. ^^ Can't wait to read more.
I really like Cheyenne. XD;
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Thanks =]
Haha shes my fave too. shes based off somebody i knew off this site actually. =] her names Chey. tee hee.
Back to top Go down
CareBear ;3
CareBear ;3

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Welcome! ^^

Lol, I've never met her... But if the Cheyenne in this story was based off her she must be pretty radd!
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:20 am

She left the site i suppose while I was away...
She was sometimes, other times she kinda be...grr...lol
Back to top Go down
CareBear ;3
CareBear ;3

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:54 am

Oh...
Lol, is it a bad kind of... grr?
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:48 pm

If you were being the one she was being grr to, then yes a bad grr. To everybody else it was kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
CareBear ;3
CareBear ;3

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Oh, lol!
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Tee Hee yep =] I think alot of people will like Kat once she is in the story. She is also a character based off somebody on this site. One of my best friends on this site acutally.
Back to top Go down
CareBear ;3
CareBear ;3

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Radd! Can't wait! ^^
Back to top Go down
Brittie!
Brittie!

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:18 am

haha =] Im doing two who chapters before i post it up here. It switches constantly between Landons PoV and Cheys PoV
Back to top Go down
CareBear ;3
CareBear ;3

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 am

Okay! =D
Back to top Go down

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:22 pm

*impatience* lol
Back to top Go down
~(~AlExAnDrA~(~
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
~(~AlExAnDrA~(~

Female Virgo Rat

Character sheet
Name: Alexi (Lexi)
Affinities : All five (cuz I'm special)

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 pm

I love ittt can't wait for moreee
Back to top Go down
http://fanpirempire.webs.com
Lovegood. [;
Starting a Ritual
Starting a Ritual
Lovegood. [;

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Charlotte Lilly
Affinities :

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Iso totally forgot about this story xD *impatient* D= I wanna read the rest.
Back to top Go down
earth-spirit
Accidentally flooding a classroom with Water
Accidentally flooding a classroom with Water
earth-spirit

Female Posts : 721

Character sheet
Name: earth-spirit

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Aw man, she never wrote any more. Sad
Back to top Go down
Brittni
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Brittni

Female Virgo Monkey

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:10 am

I'm sorry Smile College is keeping me busy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I dont remember... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dont remember...   I dont remember... Empty

Back to top Go down

I dont remember...
Page 1 of 1