House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whisky Lullaby

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nala Redbird
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day

Female Posts : 8

Character sheet
Name: Ashley
Affinities : Spirit, Intuition, can control human emotions

Whisky Lullaby Empty
PostSubject: Whisky Lullaby   Whisky Lullaby EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Whiskey Lullaby

Molly woke up early to get something to drink when she noticed the pantry door open and someone rummaging through it. She assumed it was me.
“Ray, you’re up early.” Molly said. The door closed and standing there, shirtless, holding a cup of coffee and coffee creamer was Neal, her boyfriend. He looked shocked and confused at the same time.
“Molly, W-what are you doing here?” He stammered.
“I happen to work here. I should be asking you that question. What are you doing here?” she responded. Molly then heard a female voice she recognized as my mother, Roma who hired her.
“Don’t forget the sugar, sugar” Roma yelled from her office. Molly turned around for a second and Turned back to face Neal, who was giving her the ‘it’s not what it looks like’ look. Molly stared at him with the opposite ‘how could you’ look. Molly’s facial expression changed from ‘how could you’ to pure anger and hatred. Molly walked out on him and went back to her apartment.

Later that evening, Molly heard her buzzer go off, signaling that someone was at the door. Because she didn’t know who it was, she let the person in. It was when the person entered her apartment that she found out that the person was Neal trying to apologize.
“Molly, I’m terribly sorry. It wasn’t, well it was what it looked like but I can explain. It was my only shot at a record deal. Roma promised me the deal if I slept with her for one night,” Neal explained.
“Congratulations. You got your wish,” Molly said sharply.
“Look I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
“Of course you did. I always knew you were a selfish jerk who only cared about your music. I always thought you would change. I was wrong. We’re over Neal. Now get out before I call the cops for breaking and entering and don’t EVER speak to me again.” Molly shoved Neal out the door and slammed the door.
He walked back home in silence. He called Roma to tell her that the deal is off and then sold his guitars. He then fell into a deep depression. He grabbed a bottle of wine from the fridge and sat on the couch. He turned the TV on, turned down the sound.
He then took his first drink of wine. He wanted to get the memory of Molly and their relationship out of his mind. But he couldn’t. No matter how much he drank, he couldn’t get drunk enough to keep her off his mind. They watched him drink his pain away a little at a time. Until the night he took his last drink. He had put the bottle to his and pulled the trigger. He had finally drunk away Molly’s memory. Life is short but this time it was bigger. Roma had found him with his face down in the pillow. He had a note that that said ‘I will love her until I die’. The next day, when they buried Neal beneath the willow, the angels sang a whisky lullaby.

As Molly walked down the street, she heard people talking about her and Neal’s death. None of them knew how much she blamed herself. When she got home, she grabbed a bottle of wine from the fridge and sat on the couch. She turned the TV on, turned down the sound.
She took her first drink of wine. For years and years later, she tried to hide the whisky on her breath. She wanted to erase the memory of Neal, their relationship, and his death off her mind but couldn’t. No matter how much she drank, she couldn’t keep him off her mind. I watched her drink away her pain a little bit at a time. Until the night she had her last drink. She had put the bottle to her head and pulled the trigger. She had finally drunk away Neal’s memory. Life is short but this time it was bigger. I found her with her face down in the pillow. She was clinging to his picture for dear life. The next day, when we laid her down next to him beneath the willow, the angels sang a whisky lullaby.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down

Whisky Lullaby
Page 1 of 1