House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reflection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Athena Agnitio
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
Athena Agnitio

Female Aquarius Horse

Character sheet
Name: Athena
Affinities : Artistic Visions. I hold visions of the past and future. My visions are not always clear, but it seems most of the time piecing together my vision is a test. There’s always a missing to piece to it. While having my visions, I must have a piece of paper and some sort of writing utensil for it to come out clearly. As my visions take hold, my hand begins to move and shows a image. To figure out the vision, the rest is up to me and the help I receive from friends.

Reflection Empty
PostSubject: Reflection   Reflection EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:06 pm

**Prologue**

Have you ever questioned what your born to do? What your destined for? See, my mother has this belief, that every single person is born for a certain reason. At least, that's what she's told the family. She was very spiritual, in most ways than many.

My mother married my father when she was twenty-two. And had their first child two years later, a boy named Alexandar. My mother held a great interest in Greek Mythology, and any studies of Greek, including their names and foods. She said if she could ever live somewhere, she'd move to Greece.

She grew up in a big family, so she was use to there being a lot of people. And that's how she loved it. Realizing one child wasn't enough, they tried for more. Only to find out it couldn't happen. Turning to their last hope, my parents began adopting. First it was a girl, Carter. Second, Jordan. Third, Lindsey. Fourth, Taylor. You'd figure having so many children would be stressful, but it wasn't all that hard. My mother stayed at home and kept the house clean. Ironically she'd grown up her whole life saying she would never be a housewife. After having Alex, her mind changed when she saw his cute little chubby face. His beady black eye's staring back into hers as his first sights of the world were taken in. She knew she couldn't leave him in a daycare, or let another watch over him.

The whole family was surprised, when I was born. A giant party was made celebrating me coming into the world. It was a very special occasion. Mostly because I didn't come alone. I came with a mirrored reflection, my twin sister. My mother was hysterical when she found out the news of her being pregnant, and was even more excited when she found out it would be twin girls. She immediately took to her Greek book of names to decide what to name us. Our father didn't mind, so long as the names were good. He would intervene if he didn't like them. In the end, we received our names. Athena, was given to my sister, and I was given the name Ava.

The meaning of Ava is 'Like a Bird' which reflected one me. I was always the weak one, the self-conscious one. Always the one to get picked on, always the one to get hurt. The meaning of Athena is 'Goddess of Wisdom and War' which was very true for her. She was always the one to stand up for her opinions. Always willing to pick a argue. And most of all, she was always protecting me.

When we were younger, on the playground with the bigger kids. They'd always push me around. Mostly because I wouldn't fight back. I was always afraid to get hit, or hurt, because I hated pain. It was annoying. If something horrible were to happen to me, for say getting a limp amputated, I'd rather take death. That's how much I hate pain. Am I a wuss? Could be, but no matter what, I had Athena, and she would always be there.

She saved my life. Before I even took my first breathe, or first look into the world. Doctors say, as well as my parents (which they told us every year on our birthday) that when we were in the womb, the space was cluttered. The air I was receiving was starting to get blocked. And doctors were sure I wasn't going to come out correctly, or alive at all. But the next time they checked, little Atty had managed to move around, and I was able to breathe. Well, you know what I mean.

When my mother spoke of her spiritual talk, everyone was born for a reason, with a purpose. Athena would lean towards me and whisper "I was born to protect you." she'd squeeze my hand gently and smile like always. Hearing her say that made me truly believe it was true. All until one night, Athena didn't return home. Everyone was in a panic, in blinding rage of sorrow, because we all knew this was not something Athena would do.

My name is Ava Morrison, and I know my sister is alive.
_______________________________________________-

I'll be posting the story here if you want to keep updated on the new chapters. ->
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2786278/1/Reflection

To comment please go Here
Back to top Go down
Athena Agnitio
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
Athena Agnitio

Female Aquarius Horse

Character sheet
Name: Athena
Affinities : Artistic Visions. I hold visions of the past and future. My visions are not always clear, but it seems most of the time piecing together my vision is a test. There’s always a missing to piece to it. While having my visions, I must have a piece of paper and some sort of writing utensil for it to come out clearly. As my visions take hold, my hand begins to move and shows a image. To figure out the vision, the rest is up to me and the help I receive from friends.

Reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reflection   Reflection EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 am

Back to top Go down

Reflection
Page 1 of 1