House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Arwen
Affinities : Water and Air

Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale Empty
PostSubject: Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale   Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Prolouge

"Mama!" I shouted as she was pulled out the door by two guards dressed in black. They were big and I was seven there was no way I could get past them. "Mama! Don't leave me!" I sobbed grabbing onto the hem of her skirt.

"Go child!" She told me. "Hide, keep safe. Learn your father's trade. Remember, always look for me with the moon, when you see the moon I'll be right there with you!"

"Mama!" I cried harder as the guards kicked me away and pulled her out the door. They slammed the door closed blowing out our meager candle.

I was alone, scared, and sad in the dark. I cried and cried unti I didn't have anymore tears and then I just shook laying on the floor. I would honor are name. I would keep Ana safe. I would do my duty, just as Mama had asked.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale   Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:41 pm

((yeah, this is something random I started because of signs I read.))

SEVEN YEARS LATER

Chapter One

"You did it again!" My master slapped me hard across the face where I knew a red mark was blooming. There was probably a gash from his ring to, yes there was I could feel the blood warm and sticky. "What did I tell you, one tablet of ink and warm water. If it's to think thicken it with sand. What are you to stupid to follow simple directions!" He slapped me again but it wasn't as hard as the first time.

"Go, try again you stupid, stupid boy." I nodded and scampered away. I took one of the clear crystal bottles and a tablet of ink which I carried to the sink where I poured the warm water into the bottle. I crushed the tablet into it and stirred it with a quil. I tested it, to thin. I put in a bit of sand and tested it again. Perfect.

I took the bottle to him and he wrote. "Good boy, you are good for something." He finished up. "Get me the good ink."

"Yes sir." I said and nodded. I grabbed a bottle of his precious gold ink and took it to him carefully. He signed his name and folded the letter. He put his ring into the hot wax of a candle and pressed it on the seam leaving his seal.

"I suppose you are smart enough to know where this goes." He said handing it to me.

"Yes sir." I nod. The only reason I liked this job was because of this, when I got to see Rebecca, the Tullies maid.

I scurried off in the cold my thread-bear jacket just enough to keep me from freezing as I made my way to the Tullies.

Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale   Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Chapter Two

I stood outside on the doorstep frezing. I pressed my hands to my ears trying to warm them. Rebecca opened the door. "Oh! Travis come in, come in. Master has been expecting you for a time now." She had a strange accent but that's what made her Rebecca.

"Master!" She called. "Travis came!"

Mr. Tullie came down stairs and looked at me. I handed him the letter and turned to leave. "Wait." He said. I turned around "Are you done for the night." I nodded quickly.

"Come, warm youself and have a little to eat it's no crime to be poor." I nodded and sat where he gestured by the fire. Rebecca sat next to me tucking her legs neatly under her.

"Master will bring fresh bread. I made it this morning." She said.

And she was right a few moments later he came with a cup of hot tea and a slice of buttered bread. I ate and drank quickly. "Would you like to stay here for the night?" He asked.

"No I must be getting home to Ana." I said standing up.

"Do come again." Rebecca said as I left.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale   Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale Empty

Back to top Go down

Find Me With the Moon: An Ink Keeper's Tale
Page 1 of 1