House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Art of Breaking (James Stark)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
littleam
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
littleam

Female Posts : 38

Character sheet
Name: Kala Young
Affinities : Earth

The Art of Breaking (James Stark) Empty
PostSubject: The Art of Breaking (James Stark)   The Art of Breaking (James Stark) EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Here's the PROLOGUE for my FanFic! Smile Enjoy!

PROLOGUE
.: STARK :.

The cool, crisp autumn air felt refreshing and oddly relaxing as it caressed my face. Glancing up the stars above smiled down upon me; making the fact that I just snuck out of my dorm all the more enjoyable. I decided to ditch my first day of classes to get to know this little town of Tulsa some more.

Neferet would kill me right now. I smirked to myself. There was something very off about this High Priestess, but I can't seem to pin point it.

As I continued to walk through the streets, more and more lights began to flicker off. I had to admit that having 'night' vision made my life ten times easier. I love to sneak out – it's what I always did in Chicago.

"Get off me!" Came a shrill voice somewhere on my left. It wasn't close, but I knew that maybe I could get there in time to at least see what was happening. Picking up my pace, I came to an alleyway where I heard a lot of heavy breathing and rustling around.

Silence.

I peeked around the corner and saw three beings. Neither of them saw me though as they continued to scratch at something of the ground, so I took a small step to get a closer look. BIG MISTAKE.

With lightening fast speed, one of the creatures ran towards me and pinned me against the wall. I scream in pain as its claw like fingernails dug into my shoulder. I could feel the warmth of my blood beginning to ooze down my back and the pressure was only making it worse. My eyes were closed, but I knew I had to open them; to face this creature! As soon as I opened them I wished I hadn't. Looking at was a bird. No, a man? I have no idea what this thing was staring back at me. It had a black beak where a mouth should have been found and the strong arms that were holding me back were covered in coarse black feathers.

Just as quickly as the bird-man had come after me, I realized what he was: a raven mocker. I knew that they were some of the most evil, vile things to have ever walked this earth. Without thinking and ignoring the pain, I leaned against the wall and used my very minimal strength, compared to this creature, and kicked the monster. It screeched and hissed at me before deciding to take a lunge. It had its beak angled towards my neck and I knew I would die. I closed my eyes in an effort to "protect" myself and waited for the darkness of my death to come. Nothing happened.

I stood there for a minute before I opened my eyes, using my senses to feel if there were any other threats near by. I was alone in the alleyway. Maybe going for this walk wasn't the best idea in the world... My breathing finally began to steady as I began to scan the alley before deciding it was safe enough for me to leave. Slowly, I walked out from beneath the shadows, but as I did, I heard a shuffle.

I froze. Nothing.

A bit my cautiously now, I walked forward and felt my foot hit something heavy. I looked down and saw a shoe. A shoe that was still on the foot of a young girl splayed out on the ground. She is what the Raven Mockers had been trying to feed off of. She was only in shorts in a tank top, making it easier for me to see where she had been attacked. She had cuts all over her arms and legs, two bruises were beginning to form at the base of her collarbone. Her breathing was frantic.

The smell of her blood was so rich and tempting. Without realizing it, I had knelt down to get closer to her face – to her neck. I licked my lips with the lustful sensation that was intruding my head.

This girl needs help.. A voice floated through my head, breaking through that lustful barrier.

I shot up and shook my head. I could not hurt this girl; she has been through enough shock and trauma for one night. She needed help and fast. For the second time tonight, I acted on impulse and bent down towards the girl and took her in my arms.

Not looking back, I began to walk back towards the House of Night; with a human girl in tow.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
http://reach4thestarsinc.webs.com/

The Art of Breaking (James Stark)
Page 1 of 1