House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic) Empty
PostSubject: Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic)   Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

I sighed and closed my eyes. I would do it, for Kyle. He can't survive in the Hunger Games alone, even though he thinks he can. He would miss seeing a trap before it's too late, gang up with the wrong people and kill possible allies. And he would be killed in the beginning, when he would try to get as many weapons as possible. He is a great fighter, really strong, can kill with almost any weapon, and has great self confidence. But he is too big to hide if he would need too, and not that smart. And that's why I have to volunteer today. To help him win.
I opened my eyes again, looking at all the scared girls and all the mad guys. The girls were scared because nobody wanted to be in the Hunger Games. Sometimes some girls wanted to, it wasn't unusual here in distric 2, but this year nobody wanted to, which seems kind of strange. Some of the guys were mad because they wanted to be in the Hunger Games, but this year was Kyle's year. Everybody knew that. If someone else got picked, he would volunteer. If he got picked, nobody would volunteer. Because if they did they would die, and they knew that very well. Either they died in the Hunger Games, or if they won and came home as a victor, Kyle would kill them. And it would be a slow and painful death. You'd rather die in the Hunger Games.
"Let's start with the ladies, shall we?" Kate Bloom said and moved toward the glass ball with the girls names in it. She reached in, digged for a while, and then pulled out a slip of paper. Everybody turned quiet as they waited for the girls name. "Marylinn Anderson" she smiled brightly.
I glanced at Marylinn, her face pale and her eyes big. I've never really talked to her, but she better be happy for me doing this. Marylinn walked up the steps to the stage and took her place.
"Any volunteers?" Kate asked and I instantly brought up my hand.
"I volunteer!" I said, hoping that my face showed no emotions.
"How lovely! Come up here my dear" Kate said and I walked up to the stage. I took my place beside her and Marylinn let out a breath, walking down the stage again. "What's your name?" Kate asked me.
"Amber Black" I said.
"Well that is great Amber. Now we shall pick the boy!" she smiled and walked over to the glass ball with the boys name in it, and reached inside. After a while she brought her hand up with a slip of paper. She opened it and read the name to herself. Then she smiled and said loudly, "Kyle Matthews!" with a bright tone.
I glanced at Kyle, and saw that he was grinning and making his way towards the stage. Oh you better be happy now, I thought to myself. He came up to the stage and Kate smiled at him again.
"Any volunteers?" she asked. I sighed to myself and closed my eyes. Of course there wont be any volunteers you stupid lady! No one is dumb enough to take Kyle's place as a tribute!
"I volunteer" a voice said and I opened my eyes in surprise.

To Comment Please Go Here

Last edited by Nightchild on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic)   Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:43 pm

The boy who had spoken stood with his arms crossed over his chest, in front of the stage. He was tall and muscular, but not as big as Kyle. He was kind of slim also, so he could probably hide if he needed too. He had messy brown hair, green sparkling eyes and a serious lookd on his face. He looked like he could be fifthteen, maybe sixteen years old.
Kyle had just walked up and his eyes shot daggers at the boy. Mine also did. How dared he do that? The only reason I volunteered was because I wanted to help Kyle, but if he wasn't even going to be in the Hunger Games, then I just made sure I would die for nothing. Because I have no way of winning. Even though I've had special training, it doesn't seem to have worked on me. Nor food either. I eat and eat, but I don't get any bigger or gain much weight. I train and train, but I don't get any skinnier, stronger or lose any weight. I am as good as someone from District 11, and they almsot never win. Which is not good at all.
"Oh, well come up here then!" Kate said and the boy walked up to the stage. "Kyle, you can go down now" she said, but Kyle didn't move.
"No. I want to be in the Hunger Games. I was the one who was chosen!" he said and I sighed.
"Yes, but the boy over here, -" she started, then tunred to the boy and looked at him. "What's your name boy?And age?" she asked him.
"I'm Chris. Chris Stone, and I'm seventeen" he mumbled.
Kate turned back to Kyle. "as I was saying, Chris over here volunteered, so he will be going to the Hunger Games" she said.
"But I also volunteer! And I got chosen, so that should mean I will be the one going" Kyle glared.
"Oh come on, just pick one of them already!" someone from the audience yelled.
"Okay, I'm holding the paper with Amber's name on it in my hand. I'm going to hole it behind my back, and Chris, you're going to choose one of my hands. If the hand you chosed has the note with Amber's name on it, then you'll go to the Hunger Games. If the hand is empty, Kyle will be the tribute" she said and held her hands behind her back. After a while she said, "you may now choose a hand" she said.
"You're right hand" Chris said after a while, and Kate showed us her right hand. With the note in it. I clenched my fist and Chris smiled.
"That is ridicolous! This is the Hunger Games, not some kid's play!" Kyle said, and two peace keepers came and dragged him off the stage.
"There we have our tributes!" Kate said and I shook Chris hand.
I couldn't believe this actually had happened. Kyle was the one who was supposed to be in the Hunger Games. Not this guy that I had never even seen before!

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com

Tribute From District Two (A Hunger Games fanfic)
Page 1 of 1