House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Way He Is

Go down 

Do Ya Like?
You Becha
The Way He Is Vote_lcap100%The Way He Is Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Nope
The Way He Is Vote_lcap0%The Way He Is Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Haven't Read It
 0% [ 0 ]
What?
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Female Sagittarius Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Carter
Affinities : able to take other people's affinities

The Way He Is Empty
PostSubject: The Way He Is   The Way He Is EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:31 am

Here's a story that my friend and I are working on
Hope you like it!

Kiely
My footsteps echoed in the hall way as I stared at my schedule. I was late of course, being my first day. The secretary had stared at me with sympathy when she gave me the list of my classes, as if to say good luck child. I glared through classroom windows, looking for my teacher the secretary described as a tall gal with frizzy blonde hair and a nose to large for her face. I stopped at my first class and cracked the door open to peer inside.
“There you are!” My teacher squealed. “I have half the school looking for you!”
“I’m sorry, I got lost,” I looked around the classroom. The carpet was a dark blue, surrounded by gray walls. No essays or projects, let alone color.
“Well, where you from?” She sat down in her chair and crossed her arms.
“I just moved here from Kentucky.”
“Well, I don’t know where you got that english accent of yours but-”
“I’m from Australia...originally,” I suddenly realized I’d interrupted her as she darted over to me and slapped me across the face with the back of her bony hand. She didn’t hit me hard, but the shock was enough to send me to the floor.
“Don’t you dare interrupt me, you idiot!” I got up, pressing my hand against my stinging cheek. She pointed to a desk in the back of the room by an open window.
I sat down and glared at the carvings in the wood of my desk. They said things that I would get in trouble for repeating at home. “Pull out a book and read, you stupid child! What are you doing, waiting around for an invitation?” My teacher sat at her desk crowded with ungraded papers and old lunches. Without even looking at the answers, she went through them, one at a time, writing a large F in the corner of the papers.
Throwing my head back in frustration, I saw out of the corner of my eye, a hand shoot up from the window. Then another arm and a head. This boy had shaggy brown hair and striking green eyes. He licked his red lips and wiped off the sweat dripping from his forehead with the back of his sleeve. He stared at me, first in confusion, most likely because he didn’t recognize me. But he recovered soon and motioned for me to help him over. I glanced at the teacher who was picking at a sandwich she’d found in a drawer.Why not? I thought as I tip-toed over to the window. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him over.
“Come on newbie!” He whispered as loud as he dared. I almost had him over the top now. Our eyes met for one moment and one moment only. “Dang new girl, your hot!” My mouth fell open and I pushed him backwards just as he dragged his leg over. He waved his arms frantically in effort to keep his balance, but fell backwards into the bushes ten feet below us as I sat down in my seat.
The teacher rushed over to the window and stuck her head out. “Is it one of those blasted birds again?” She asked her self then looked down at the poor boy laying on the smashed flowers.
“What up Miss Thompson?” He yelled at her casually.
She sighed and said, “Mr. Samuels, will you please tell me how the hell you wound up in the bushes again?”
“In my opinion, I think it’s pretty dang obvious I fell.”
“You’ve got a minute get up here, Cole.” He grunted and shoved the branches out of his face and raced to the stairs. All the students stared at the clock trying to time him or took their phones out and texted their friends from under the table. Miss Thompson walked down the isles and grabbed a boys arm, pulled his cellphone out of his hand and threw him back into his chair. She slid open a drawer and tossed it in carelessly. The boy’s eyes narrowed in anger but she just shrugged her shoulders and laughed.
Cole burst through the door, tripping over his foot and falling to the floor. He just sat there for a while and waited for Miss Thompson to do something. She walked around him and plucked the twigs out of his hair. She paused and stared at him for a while then grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him up into a standing position. When he regained his balance, she slapped him, sending back down.
“To your seat, Mr. Samuels!” He dragged himself up and trudged over to his desk, glancing at me for a split second before he dropped his head on his desk in exhaustion. The classroom was silent, even after the bell had rung. Everyone shuffled out the door, being as quiet as they possibly could.
“Kiely, please stay,” She called before I could leave. I ducked my head and prepared for the worst. I turned on my heel and headed back toward her desk.
“There’s been a lot of rumors about me hitting my students.” She rummaged through her bag looking for something. “Now, we don’t want that rumor to get out of hand do we now?” I stayed quiet and waited for her to continue. She leaned closer and whispered in my ear, “If you ever say a word about this I will show you how they treated bad children when I was a girl.” She pulled out a pack of cigarets and showed me her silver lighter. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going outside for a smoke!” She said as she stood up and left. I shivered and ran down the hallway to my next class.

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down

The Way He Is
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of Night Forum :: Literature Club :: Stories-
Jump to: