House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)

Go down 
+13
peachy6831
Mel Dawn
Nivea
graciella
Crystal Rose
Carlybabes
nick
WillSuckUrBlood
Mari-chan
Bella-Rose
milly
Dandelion
AmrodAegnor
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mari-chan
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Mari-chan

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Breeann
Affinities : Poetry & Future Sight ((refers to my story))

Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Im gunna say something about that ^
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet
Name: Dandelion

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mari-chan
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Mari-chan

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Breeann
Affinities : Poetry & Future Sight ((refers to my story))

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crystal Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Crystal Rose

Female Leo Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Star Light
Affinities : Spirit,and Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:39 am

I just started reading it today and Oh my goodness what happens between Z and Stark in the fourth chapter
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Victoria_Tod
Bella-Rose
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

Wait till you've finished all of it, there's a lot more Ohmygoodness! moments between Stark and Zoey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crystal Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Crystal Rose

Female Leo Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:35 pm

yeah I want to read it instead of my school book lol I am already hooked by just the first few chapters
Back to top Go down
graciella
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
graciella

Female Pisces Rat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nivea
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day

Female Aries Horse

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Here goes:
Spoiler:

@nick
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Can't wait till destined!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mel Dawn
Being chosen by a kitty
Being chosen by a kitty
Mel Dawn

Female Libra Dog

Character sheet
Name: Mel Dawn
Affinities : Fighting

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:00 pm

[quote="graciella"]
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.Little-Dhampir.piczo.com
peachy6831
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx

Female Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:29 am

u sound like a geek, an listen, if u dont like it, dont read them and if you have better ideas write your own book, i think your new version sucks and its not just for profit, i mean a. if that was your job then you would wanna make a profit but b. if there was only like two book or the series was really short i wouldn't be so hooked of them, i mean, its exiting knowing that there's gonna be loads of books, an i dont think stevie rae could do it on her own, she would defiantly need z's help because stevie rae only has earth and the fact that shes dead which isn't really a good thing anyhow, but zoey has all the elements and she has never been tainted by darkness which makes her stronger!!!!! and i bet they are only keeping neferet and Kalona because there gonna have something to do with each other's destruction!!! if u dont wanna read them u dont got to but let the rest of us enjoy it ok!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:49 pm

I don't know why ya so agressive. Nobody said something about stop reading HON, but everyone has got the right to tell his/her own oppinion and as i see it, no one want others to stop enjoying the books! I criticized the last book in some points but i see no reason why you have to say something like "you listen like a geek" and "if you have better ideas write your own book" etc. It's our right to say for example they could have make this and that better. PC earns a lot of money with the books and in my oppinion she gives less care in writing the story than in former times - but that doesn't mean that I don't still love the books and that I want to destroy your pleasure in reading. I think you're old enough to accept other meanings than your own so would you PLEASE stop calling the ones who criticize the book geeks and accuse us that we want to destroy your joy in reading the books?? That is neither nice nor very adult from you! There's really no need to insult anyone like that!
Back to top Go down
peachy6831
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx

Female Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm

ok, im sry, your right, my day was a bit of a flop and i shouldn't have taken my anger out on you, but why did u actually write so much is all, i mean i respect your opinion and your idea's but it did kinda annoy me cuz u probably didnt mean it like this but it sounded like u thought u could write better then two of my most favourite authors, but the only point i am gonna stand with is that, writing is there job and if you had a job like that its really hard to write a book that might actually do well and if you've got a series that people really love why stop it other wise you would never really make much money, i mean look at the harry potter books, there's a lot of them and if they where shorter there attraction may not be as big, and besides i like long series because you can line them all up on your shelf and it makes you look like you've read loads!!!! i mean no offence btw!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crystal Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Crystal Rose

Female Leo Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:38 pm

ok well were getting off topic lets get back to discussing Awakened
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Like many might I have mixed feelings about Awakened. It felt more than a little short, I thought the amount of switching between multiple perspectives more messy as opposed to Burned which I thought was quite fluent. While reading I found myself starting and stopping all the time and never getting into it which I suppose ruined my experience. It's not like I wasn't interested or intrigued by the events, they just didn't seem to capture me this time around.

It was like that in Untamed and Hunted, mostly for the involvement of Kalona which was in my opinion an overdramatic twist to a story that had already caught my full interest, mostly because of Stevie Rae and how her character was developing. So as you could probably guess, the main reason I got so focused in the story again is because of Stevie Rae getting her own voice. It also added a lot of complexity to the story which I don't mind if I can keep up.

One problem I have is while two or three perspectives (the preferred being Zoey, Stevie & Aphrodite) I can follow easily enough, jumping between five or six tends to be overwhelming and often annoying. I like sticking to one protagonist, that to me is normal. If I don't like them then I can find another story easy enough. But I could care less about what every single person is thinking about the one single situation. We get it, Jack's dead, Neferet's plotting, gird you loins and move on with caution as long as you are moving.

For that matter it wasn't building up to much in my opinion. It was a few dumb Warriors getting into a fight with immortals while Miss Darkness spins a line or two of deceit which has become fairly typical of her. Yeah, Stevie Rae's secret is out, though it was a long time coming and I think she was about to fess up soon anyway. Then there were a few cameos and everyone went home. The end.

Short, yes. Some of my expectations were not met, particularly concerning those rogues. The council we met in Tempted have been reduced to an almost non-existant third party, which is a shame since I liked Thanatos. Erik got his two minutes and nothing more but still better than the last book. The Twins were reduced from one character to a background character. And I'm still waiting for more humans to mix with the Vampyre crowd offering outside opinions and stuff like that.

Awakened felt more like a TV episode. While it was great to see the story continue to evolve and some resolutions made it still leave that empty feeling like it wasn't all it could be, if I am making any sense at all. It was worth the read but I feel it lives in the shadow of its predecessors.
Back to top Go down
peachy6831
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx

Female Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:01 pm

maybe it wasn't that you couldnt get into the book, well i mean, sometimes i really enjoy a book but i cant get into it and its just because i dont really feel like reading and that ruins it for me, i find that if i read it back i enjoy it but i think books are always better the first time round cuz u dont no wat will happen
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 pm

i had no problem to get kinda into the story. i like it that there are more than one pov, cause my favourite charakters (SR, Rephaim) are not the main charakter and i'm happy that i've got the chance to read what they're thinking and feeling. PC shouldn't stop changing the povs!
Back to top Go down
peachy6831
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx

Female Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm

this is in reply to "wuzzaman's" really long opinion, in the last bit he talks about how there should be more opinions from human's and although that could be nice just remember that would make more points of view in the book and there was enough this time i think and by the looks of it so do u, also i think too many humans and it might lose some of it's vampirness!! but i do think wen stevie rae died it would have been nice to see wat he mum thought, well no it would be really sad but i thought she should be in it more. also wat's going on with zoey's gran cuz she was only mentioned once and only in a scene once and that was wen z came home and wen she left a note on the door for z's mum to find but then she got killed, oh, i wonder if the gran will find her own daughters body, that would be horrible!!!
Back to top Go down
heatherox03
heatherox03

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Euterpe
Affinities : weather and music

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Dandelion wrote:
i had no problem to get kinda into the story. i like it that there are more than one pov, cause my favourite charakters (SR, Rephaim) are not the main charakter and i'm happy that i've got the chance to read what they're thinking and feeling. PC shouldn't stop changing the povs!

i dont like the diff pov, the casts should just limit it down to two or three. after a while i started to get confused because there were things going on it, for example, rephaims chapter then it switches to zoeys, and it was picking up where they left off in her last chapter. i also found some one them boring, like kalonas and rephaims; i just couldnt read them. then when zoeys, stevie raes, and sometimes neferets chapters came up, i could read them. so if the casts want to do diff povs, then it should be about the same idea, not picking up where that character left off.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 pm

peachy6831 wrote:
this is in reply to "wuzzaman's" really long opinion, in the last bit he talks about how there should be more opinions from human's and although that could be nice just remember that would make more points of view in the book and there was enough this time i think and by the looks of it so do u, also i think too many humans and it might lose some of it's vampirness!! but i do think wen stevie rae died it would have been nice to see wat he mum thought, well no it would be really sad but i thought she should be in it more.

You misunderstood me. When I say we need more of an outsider's opinion I didn't mean literally jump into another person's point of view but judging by the last book it might be expected of the Casts anyway. You don't need to be inside another person's head to know what they're thinking. Just find someone who speaks their mind like that "su-li" John Heffer. Though to be honest I wouldn't mind having someone from Zoey's old life track her down and give us some perspective (not literally) on Zoey's old life and mixing it with the new. Example, might be Kayla or that friend Heath was "not dating" when he bumped into Zoey during Untamed (he said they used to be friends).
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am

Interesting WazzuMan, I usually like your posts, they are filled with words that are thought provoking and no petty insults. I disagree about you opinions of POV on Awakened and Burned. Burned felt really choppy, like you were just getting into one storyline and then you were ripped right out. To me, the POVs in Awakened felt like they flowed together more. Though while i enjoy multiple POVs, i will agree with you that a few of the POV changes were redundant at times.

Everything else i agreed with you one. I really liked Thanatos as well, she was the only competant adult on the High Council. The High Council even offered Zoey and the gang sanctuary, which meant they could have stayed there on San Clement Island. I also agree that there were MANY potential plot points that have been raised through out the series but have just been swept aside and/or not been addressed at all.

peachy6831 wrote:
ok, im sry, your right, my day was a bit of a flop and i shouldn't have taken my anger out on you, but why did u actually write so much is all, i mean i respect your opinion and your idea's but it did kinda annoy me cuz u probably didnt mean it like this but it sounded like u thought u could write better then two of my most favourite authors, but the only point i am gonna stand with is that, writing is there job and if you had a job like that its really hard to write a book that might actually do well and if you've got a series that people really love why stop it other wise you would never really make much money, i mean look at the harry potter books, there's a lot of them and if they where shorter there attraction may not be as big, and besides i like long series because you can line them all up on your shelf and it makes you look like you've read loads!!!! i mean no offence btw!!! Very Happy

To Peachy6831,

I am in fact going to be an Author. I also will in fact critise ANY author that i feel delivers mediocre writing when i know that they could do better, regardless of whether they are your favourite authors or not. The big difference between Harry Potter and House of Night is that JK Rowling took the time to write much larger novels and (surprise, surprise!) the Harry Potter novels are better Quality novels because of that. Hunted, Tempted and Burned could all have been one novel for all the plot, story and character development that has occured. When an author exchanges quality writing for profit i think i have the right to call that Author out on it. If you want to disagree with me, that is your choice.
Back to top Go down
Fallen_warrior
Temporary Mod
Fallen_warrior

Male Leo Goat

Character sheet
Name: Reaper
Affinities : speed, strength, visual accuracy, shadow manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 2:44 am

I agree in part with wazzuman's opinion, for my self i couldn't really get into the book, the jumping between so many PoV's became confusing after a while and hence ruined the experience.

I also believe Bella-rose makes a valid point in comparing other book series' to the house of night novels, it is quite possible to have made two or three novels into one larger book, however I belive that the casts aren't in this for the money, by stretching out their series they are giving fans the opportunity to follow the series more closely.

I liked the idea of adding in Linda's PoV in the last chapter and although she was mentioned alot i was dissappointed that we didn't get to experience Linda more fully in the other books.
Spoiler:
it added a bit of excitement to a book that was, once again, mainly focussed on drama. The changing of rephaim was predictable, as was the logic of kalona's white feather, I was also dissappointed that the council only got a brief mention in this book, as one of my favourite characters, thanatos, is on said council.

so yeah, that's my opinion
Back to top Go down
SweetBlood
Being chosen by a kitty
Being chosen by a kitty
SweetBlood

Female Virgo Rat

Character sheet
Name: SweetBlood
Affinities : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Thank you Bella-Rose.
I was very happy that you compared the house of night to other books, I have noticed this and have found it annoying. I belive that if the casts really tryed to make their books a higher quality that they would improve. I remember when I first started reading this series and how confused I was when they started all of this about immortals and povs. I keep thinking that they just are having a hard time trying to keep the story make sence. It would be better if they just made the books longer like they do in other long stories that get bigger then the author can really do. It really does ruin series for me when this happens, you have so much that you are looking forward to and then it will just deflat. It would be really to bad if that happened because I really like the idea of this book, I just hope that they can do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)   Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Awakened Discussion (spoilers go here please, not anywhere else)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2