House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A story i have tryed to write

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gamer
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
gamer

Male Libra Dog

Character sheet
Name: Mike
Affinities : Air and Earth

A story i have tryed to write Empty
PostSubject: A story i have tryed to write   A story i have tryed to write EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:15 pm

* this was a story i had started writing a month ago. tho i have more im just showing the prolouge since i sorta want to try to get published later on if i ever can*

Prologue
Untold Truths

LONG since, I lived beneath vast porticoes,
By many ocean-sunsets tinged and fired,
Where mighty pillars, in majestic rows,
Seemed like basaltic caves when day expired.

The rolling surge that mirrored all the skies
Mingled its music, turbulent and rich,
Solemn and mystic, with the colors which
The setting sun reflected in my eyes.

And there I lived amid voluptuous calms,
In splendors of blue sky and wandering wave,
Tended by many a naked, perfumed slave,

Who fanned my languid brow with waving palms.
They were my slaves--the only care they had
To know what secret grief had made me sad.
~A former Life by Charles Baudelaire

There Jess was sitting on the bench next to the road. She had forgotten her cellphone at home so she had no way of calling her mother. She knew it had to be around 6 Pm, because the sky was getting an orangeish pink tint to the normally sky blue it was.

The rush of traffic as it passed was making a sort of breeze it always did. This wasn't the first time Jess had to take the bus home. Living about 30 minutes from the high school she usually had to walk, ride the bus, or get her mother to take her home. She had gotten used to it, no big deal she often told herself. She had started riding the bus more since she was 14 now she was 17, after 3 years of it. She didn't mind it. The things that used to scare her at first didn't anymore. She kind of liked it because it was some freedom in her life, something new.

Her long black hair moved with the wind as another car rushed by before the light turned red. She hoped the bus would come soon though, because she didn't want to be out to late. Even though she had been a few times she knew her mom would be mad if she was today.

She could have just not gone home until late and hang out with Zack. Jess's friend Zack had always liked staying out late, But Jess had been scared of being caught and what would happen if and when she was caught. So she had chickened out of staying out with him. Thinking about that Jess had wondered where Zack was. He had said that he would see her later. No doubt he would be out till like midnight doing who knows what.

The bus came to a screeching stop at the bus stop. Jess got up sliding one of the straps of her backpack over her shoulder. Walking onto the bus she paid the 50 cents for riding the bus and sat down in one of seats about halfway on the bus. She put her face to the window watching the streets as the bus drove. Things seemed blurred to her as she was looking out the window, but she was able to make out the signs on the street corners. She had to make sure not to forget to get off at her stop. She had been up late the night before, so she was starting to drift off. Her mind was starting to become fuzzy, as she closed her eyes. She fell asleep.

For the next hour Jess went in and out of sleep. While she was sleeping she dreamed about the city. New York was a big City. Jess had grown up in an apartment off 3rd street. She could see the apartment clearly in her dream, the old stone door way, the bricks a weird shade of red. It was around 4 stories. In her dream the sky was the same old blue it always was. That seemed to comfort her. Something felt off about the dream though. That is when she saw him.

A guy he looked middle aged from the back view she was getting. His hair a shade of gray-white. He was dressed up in a brown suit with a hat on. Like one of those old fashion people you would see if you watched a classic movie. She stood there looking at him. Then he turned around.

The man looked just as she would have expected him to. Except right on his forehead where two horns curved pointing up. Jess stood there frozen, she had had weird dreams but this was the weirdest. “what are you” Jess asked the man he was looking at her. He laughed or what Jess thought was a laugh, it sounded weird almost like a cough but not really.

The man's mouth curved slightly into a smile. “the time has come for you to know what you really are” was all he said in return to what she had asked. “what do you mean” she asked. She had forced her self to take a few steps closer as if to get a better look at the man. “this is something you need to figure out yourself.” he said. Then her dream went to darkness.
Back to top Go down
Moonwalker12
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonwalker12

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Kassidy
Affinities : Fire and night

PostSubject: Re: A story i have tryed to write   A story i have tryed to write EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh my goddess thats really good.
Back to top Go down
Ninjagurl
Temporary Mod
Ninjagurl

Female Sagittarius Buffalo

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: A story i have tryed to write   A story i have tryed to write EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Whoa ,ahah I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A story i have tryed to write   A story i have tryed to write Empty

Back to top Go down

A story i have tryed to write
Page 1 of 1