House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightwish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

Nightwish Empty
PostSubject: Nightwish   Nightwish EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Nightwish is a symphonic metal band from the tiny town of Kitee, Finland. The band currently consists of Floor Jansen (vocals), Tuomas Holopainen (keys and the creator of the band), Marco Hietala (bass and vocals), Emppu Vuorinen (guitars) and Jukka Nevalainen (drums). They recruited Floor Jansen as their singer during their Imaginaerum tour after Anette Olzon resigned.

Former members are Sami Vänskä (bass), Tarja Turunen (vocals) and Anette Olzon (vocals).

Nightwish's music is often quite dark by the themes. It has been described as “bombastic heavy, symphonic and cinematic, with keyboards and strings creating a gothic atmosphere”. Tuomas Holopainen writes all the lyrics and almost always also composes, with a couple of exceptions (like "Higher Than Hope" and "The Islander", music by Marco Hietala and "Sacrament of the Wilderness" and "The Siren", music by Emppu Vuorinen).

Their greatest hits with no doubt are "Nemo", "Wish I Had an Angel", "Amaranth" and "Sleeping Sun".

YouTube links:
Amaranth
Nemo
Nemo live with Anette Olzon
Wish I Had an Angel

So, Nightwish is one of my favorite bands and Tuomas is one of my biggest idols ever. Has anyone else here listened to Nightwish's music?
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/

Nightwish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of Night Forum :: Extracurricular Activities :: Hidden Passage :: Music-
Jump to: