House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

(SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? Empty
PostSubject: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:50 am

On the House of Night Facebook page Kristen Cast asks:
Quote :
If you could bring one ‪#‎HoN‬ character back to life who would it be?? By the way, it's not my fault that anyone died. It's totally my mom's. Heehee. TTFN, Kristin

I thought it was a great question to share with you.

Judging by the responses the majority wanted Jack back. Another name that unfortunately kept popping up was the "real" Heath, and some even admitted that if Aurox didn't have Heath's soul they would have said him over Jack. There were a few mentions of Zoey's mother Linda.

Minor Revealed spoiler:

My answer to this question is no one should be brought back. We've had enough characters in this series coming back from the dead. It made sense story-wise back when it was Elizabeth, Elliott and finally Stevie Rae, but when Stark entered the picture it was starting to get a bit ridiculous. What happened to Heath however is kind of acceptable as that is more reincarnation, not resurrection.

But if I had to pick it would be the character I mentioned in the spoiler. Would do you think?
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 pm

I wouldn't want to bring anyone back from the dead either, but if I could cancel a death, then I'd cancel Jack's death. I miss Jack so much, he was such a little sweetheart who always made me smile. So if there was any possible way to reverse time and cancel his death, I'd take the chance. But since things are how they are, my answer is: I wouldn't bring anyone back because we truly have had enough characters coming back from the dead.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 am

Coincidently when I saw this question I was actually creating a list of those who have died over the course of the series. Looking over it, I don't have a problem with why any of these deaths happened. P.C. doesn't just kill off characters for the hell of it, or if she does she finds a really good reason to do so.

Anyway, it's a safe bet that more will die in Redeemed, being the finale and all it will likely contain the most shocking. I also did a short list (I like lists) of who might die and what I think the chances are they will. Here's what I came up with:

Neferet (100%)
Kalona (80%)
Stark (80%)
Aurox (75%)
Thanatos (60%)
Grandma Redbird (50%)
Aphrodite or Darius (40%)
Zoey (33%)
Erik (10%)
Zoey's Circle + Rephaim (>1%)

I'll probably explain these percentages in another topic but I think Neferet's is obvious.

Last edited by WazzuMan on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

Agreed, WazzuMan, Neferet is pretty obviously gonna die (unless the Casts decide to do George Martins and kill all the good guys and leave the bad guys alive, which isn't really that probable). Those percentages seem fairly legit but I think I'll need to have them explained (Neferet and Kalona are obvious, you don't have to explain them^^)
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:28 am

What the hell. I would prefer to do this in a topic dedicated to the next book but this forum seems dead besides the two of us…

As we both agree Neferet will undoubtedly die. We have had a pretty good look at her history, she's broken, twisted, and insane. Given all that she has done already, there is no redeeming her and she's too powerful to lock up. Killing her is the only option which is a problem because she is immortal.

That brings me to the next name on my list. Aphrodite had some sort of vision of Kalona's apparent death but since nothing actually happened between him and Zoey and he's pretty much turning over a new leaf I believe the events starting with Heath's death and Rephaim's own redemption have made that vision irrelevant. However, a certain quote from Revealed suggests Kalona may meet his end in another way.

According to Erebus: "An immortal cannot be defeated without a sacrifice that is equal or greater than immortality." (page 87, bottom paragraph)

So does this mean Kalona has to sacrifice his own immortality to help kill Neferet? Does that mean he will die? I think it's likely, but not a given. Maybe he'll just be mortal or be reborn or something in Nyx's realm. But what really interests me more about this possibility is that Stark has a sliver of Kalona's immortality. So if Kalona has to sacrifice his immortality does Stark have to do the same so the sacrifice is "equal or greater" to Neferet's immortality? Does that mean he has to die? I wouldn't be surprised, he's died twice already and that sliver Kalona gave him his third life. Of course, as Zoey's personal protector and shield from danger, his odds were never good to begin with. I think it is very likely that Kalona and Stark's fate are bound together but there is a good possibility at least one of them will walk (or fly) away from the final battle.

Next on the list is Thanatos. I'll be honest, I lost a lot of respect for her in the last book and for those who have read Revealed will know why. She's gotten a bit dark there towards the end and Erebus warned Kalona that by invoking ancient law as she did had awakened "Old Magick". I think it is possible that this no-bull---- path she is walking will be her undoing and even if it isn't, we know something is going to happen to her in the next book because of one simple truth: this is Zoey's story.

At some point within the next book Zoey will take the lead. She is the one Marked special by Nyx, with the awesome powers and the Circle of special friends. She has hidden behind powerful adults like Sgiach, Thanatos and the Vampyre High Council content and determined to let them deal with Neferet because she didn't want any of that. She is now at her lowest and doesn't want anything to do with Old Magick which may be necessary to defeat Neferet so there will have to come a point where she realises she is needed to take charge and resolve the conflict. One way or another Thanatos cannot be there for Zoey to hide behind nor can she get in the way of what Zoey has to do. I don't know how PC Cast is going to play the thing out but I do think something has to happen to Thanatos that forces or allows Zoey to step up and be the hero of the story.

The rest of the list are mostly random numbers that came to my head. I still think Grandma Redbird could die. She has always been a soft spot for Zoey that Neferet can and has exploited. Maybe her death will spur Zoey into doing what needs to be done. That said she has survived a lot already so I'm not so sure PC will kill her.

Aphrodite and Darius: less likely but I always felt like the visions were becoming too much of a burden on Aphrodite since she became human again. Or maybe I'm just being influenced by Final Fantasy XIII-2 shock ending. As for Darius, I don't know, he's a warrior so if there is a battle there is a chance he won't survive or if something were to happen to Aphrodite who knows what that could mean for him. I'm not sure, I think something might happen to them but I doubt death is it.

Zoey: even less likely but who knows. I've seen many stories where the "hero"/lead dies at or towards the end. Whatever happens though, I think it is a given that she will be a full-fledged Vampyre in the end. She's super-advanced, she experienced bloodlust in days and has more tattoos than any vamp in known history. She's been a fledgling longer than Stevie Rae and she's a Vampyre so it's past time to make it official.

Erik: honestly this one is just wishful thinking. His character lost relevance ages ago and Shaylin has already moved on to play for "the other team".

As for the rest of the Nerd Herd, I think they're safe. Zoey needs her circle for whatever is about to happen. Plus Stevie Rae has cheated death so many times, I don't see it happening. That said, PC killed Jack so I'm not going on record saying these characters won't die.

Anyway, that was my list. I'd expect no less than three significant deaths (not necessary three of the above). Thoughts? Did I mess anything? (probably)
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:01 pm

O_O that is amazing. Well done, you! Everything is definitely legit (I like especially the part of Erik - I agree, wishful thinking but I'd also like to see him gone. Never liked him and I'm all for Shaylin playing in "the other team").

How about Aurox? What do you think will be the outcome regarding him? I sort of see a possibility that he could die but then again he kinda did already (as Heath - good riddance as long as it lasted) and I doubt the Casts will kill him again. But never say never, eh?
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 9:56 pm

Aurox, that is a tricky one. On the one hand, since both he and Stark are (unfortunately) romantically linked to Zoey and PC is a romantic so she'll probably want to keep at least one of them alive. As for Aurox himself, considering he is the reincarnation of Heath, the series' most self-destructive character, his chance are not so good. Now I will admit, the whole drunken scene in Revealed was hilarious to read, but there is no reason for Aurox any more. There is no reason to bring Heath back in this manner except to help drive Zoey totally over the edge, which appears to be exactly what PC was aiming for in this book. Besides, what is he going to do after Revealed if he does survive?

Let me think, I believe his chances are better than Kalona/Stark but no better than Thanatos. So I'm thinking 70-75%.
Back to top Go down
TricksterTrickTrinket
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day

Male Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm

I would give Aurox a higher chance of dying than Stark.
In an interview with P.C.Cast and Kristen Cast they said that they disagreed with what character Zoey would end up in the end and said they both greatly favored one character.
I assume this is Stark for P.C.Cast and Aurox/Heath for Kristen Cast. I'm almost sure that the other one will not survive and with P.C.Cast being the stronger influence in the books I would put my money on Aurox dying.
Plus, his resurrection/rebirth comes across more like a temporary stay(Until his role is fullfilled).

Of course, with me putting my money on Stark being Zoeys final love interest, there is also the possibility that they both have to die for the greater good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?   (SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead? Empty

Back to top Go down

(SPOILERS) Which characters would you bring back from the dead?
Page 1 of 1