House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaughterofNyx101
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
DaughterofNyx101

Female Taurus Snake

Character sheet
Name: Hecate
Affinities : Earth

Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark   Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I've been working on this idea for awhile (mostly rolling around in my head) so please do exuse me if its a little confusing.

Chapter 1

We sat in one of the top floor suites of the Hilton hotel in New York City. You could see the skyscrapers of downtown Manhattan through the slatted blinds that covered the window. I had my tape recorder/mike setup out and ready as my latest subject prepared to tell their life story.

She was a tall woman, about 5 feet 10 inches, and had one of those supermodel bodies that had legs that went on forever. I couldn't see her eyes in the dim light that was cast from a bedside lamp, but I could tell that her hair was a rich auburn, almost a blood-red that glistened like spun copper whenever she moved. It was cut in layers, and it ended at her elbows with slightly curled ends. Not a single imperfection marred her skin, except her eyes had dark circles under them, but I wrote it off for a trick of the light. Her appearance suggested she was about 20 to 25 years old, but I couldn't be sure.

She was dressed in a pair of rockstar-studded bootcut denim jeans. Her top was a simple light blue cotton peasant blouse that hugged her curved torso. Her feet were encased in a pair of biker boots, but not the tacky kind of biker boots that normal bikers wear. These obviously were designer brand, made especially just for her. The one thing that really caught my eye was a necklace glittering on her neck. At the base of her throat sat a trio of small charms. One was silver, about the size of a coin. On it there was engraved a star, enclosed by a circle. The second was gold, appearing to be in the shape of a "V" and had what appeared to be a coat of arms attached to it. The third was also silver, (definitely a coat of arms) I could see the details more clearly than on the others. At the top, there was a hand, facing palm forward. Underneath it was some sort of beast. And at the bottom, the beast stood on a ribbon where three clubs were engraved and evenly spaced.

"Are you ready for me to begin, Mr. Lentz?"

I jumped at the sound of her voice. She hadn't spoken much when we met, and she hadn't needed to. It was as if I knew exactly what she wanted of me. It was like she had simply put her thoughts into my head.

"Y...y..yes, I'm ready, Ms.?"

"Mrs. Cullen. Leandra Cullen."

"So, you're married?"

"Yes, I am." I could see the glitter of a diamond on her ring finger.

"Where's your husband?"

"He's in New Orleans at the moment. He has a sort of... mission to complete there."

"Mission? So... you two are secret agents?"

"Secret agents? No! Not at all!" She laughed as she got up and walked to the window and stared at the venetian blinds.her laughter sounded like the ringing of wind chimes.

"So, what do you two do for a living?"

"Do you really want to know?" She looked at me as she said this, with an expression that was between seriousness and amusement.

"Well, I need to know if you really want this life story of yours to be accurate. So, your occupations?"

"We're vampires."

"Vampires?"

"You doubt my sanity, Mr. Lentz."

"Well, I-"

"You noticed that my skin was pale-white and ice cold when we met three weeks ago. You've noticed that I've never drank or eaten anything in your presence, and I don't care to go out in sunlight. You may soon also notice that my eyes have a tendency to change color." She moved into the light as she spoke. Her eyes, I could see now, were the color of golden amber. I realized that they had been almost black when we'd first met.

Everything she said was exactly what I had been thinking over the course of our conversations of the past three weeks. How did she know? I haven't said any of that to anyone at all! Is she some sort of-

"Mind reader?"

I heard her speak it at the same time I thought it, and it felt as if I heard her think it as well.

"Yes, I am a mind reader, and much more than that, Mr. Lentz. There is much more to your world than you think. You see things everyday that you simply write off as, perhaps, a simple trick of the light, sleep deprivation, too much or too little caffeine, or spending too much time at the office. But you're only lying to yourself. Vampires are very real."

She moved to the window, and threw up the blinds so the sun could shine through. She did this so quickly that it seemed, to me at least, that she hadn't moved at all.

"Perhaps you should see a vampire for who she really is."

Then she stepped into the light.

CHAPTER 2 WILL BE UP SHORTLY!

To Comment Please Go Here

Last edited by DaughterofNyx101 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sotkai11?feature=mhee
DaughterofNyx101
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
DaughterofNyx101

Female Taurus Snake

Character sheet
Name: Hecate
Affinities : Earth

Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark   Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Chapter 2

I was... I was struck dumb. There were no words to describe what Leandra Cullen looked like in the sunlight. It was if actual diamonds were embedded in her skin, yet it was still as smooth as marble. She stood there in the light, glittering like a red-haired angel made of crystal.

"Have I frightened you?"

"Well,I-"

She giggled. "I have struck you speechless," she said. "Our appearance in sunlight frequently has that effect on people."

"Ye..yeah, I bet it does."

She giggled again. "Perhaps I should tell you how I came to be this way. Will that make you more comfortable?"

I didn't answer. It seemed that my tongue had glued itself to the roof of my mouth. She giggled a third time and lowered the curtain on the window, throwing the room back into shadow. She moved to a chair opposite of me and sat down. She now looked almost completely ordinary, despite the fact that she had been sparkling like a disco ball no more than a few seconds before.

"I should start at the beginning, shouldn't I? For without a beginning, there is no ending. I was born to the name of Bridget McDougart on the 1st of May in the year 1112 A.D."

"1112 A.D.?!"

"Yes, Mr. Lentz. You heard correctly. My human birthday is May 1st, 1112 A.D."

"But that would make you-" I made an attempt with my rusty grade school mental math.

"897 years old, as of this past May."

I stared at her, dumbfounded. "You're 897 years old?"

She nodded; with a very amused grin on her face. "I look pretty good for my age, don't I?"

"Uh..."

She laughed. "I shall continue. As I said before, I was born in 1112 A.D., in a small village in what is now known as County Clare, Ireland. My family was part of the upper class of society. My father was the chief of the village, in fact."

"Did you have any siblings?"

"Yes, I did. I was the second born of three children. I had one older brother named Larkin, and one younger sister named Nola. Larkin disappeared in the forests surrounding our home on a stag hunt when I was four years old. They never found his body; just pieces of his shirt and blood stains. That left me to inherit my father's position of chief. My sister Nola grew up and married the local innkeeper."

"And what about you? What happened to you? Did you become chief?"

"Headwoman is the appropriate term, Mr. Lentz. But no, I did not. My husband did."

"Your current husband?"

"No. My current husband, Henry, I met much later. I was married off to a local horse breeder named Hoyt. I was 14. He was 46."

I stared at her with surprise. "Your first husband was 46 and you were 14?!"

She looked at me as if I were completely stupid. "Yes, Mr. Lentz. It was very common in those days for a girl to marry a man who was much older than her. Shall I continue or do you wish to make your half-formed thoughts audible?"

I shook my head.

"Good, than I shall continue. To answer your unspoken question, yes, I did produce children by Hoyt. We had three children within the first four years of our marriage. I had one son and two daughters. Their names were Larkin, Moira, and Isleen. They were the one bright light in the dangerous darkness of it all. For you see, Hoyt was an alcoholic and had a very short temper. Not a very good combination. Whenever he was drunk, angry or both, he would take it out on me, usually using his belt or his fists." Leandra's hands had curled into fists as she had described her late husband's vices, and it almost appeared as if the very bones were about to break through her skin.

"Then when did you become a vampire?" I still had a bit of trouble saying that word.

"Well, it all started six years after I first married, Mr. Lentz. It was on the evening of
May 1st, 1132 A.D. It was May Day, and I had sent the children to stay at my parent's home overnight, for I didn't want them there when I confronted Hoyt. I'd had enough of him and his drunken fists. I told him that I was leaving him and appealing to my father to have our marriage annulled on account of his drinking and his abuse of me. He had been drinking as I told him this, so he didn't take it too well."

"How did he take it?"

"He took it by taking his dagger and stabbing me in the gut."

I had been writing her key answers down in a leather-bound notebook that I always carried around for such things, and as she said this, I accidently broke my pencil in half and stabbed part of it into my hand. It broke the skin. Her eyes lighted on my hand, and then in less time it took for me to blink, she was at my side, my wounded hand in hers. I stared at her, both terrified and amazed as she cleaned and dressed my injury.

"You're frightened," she said softly as she worked on my hand. "You're thinking that I was going to kill you for shedding blood in my presence."

"Well, uh-"

She looked into my eyes, and smiled a wry smile. "Don't worry. I haven't tasted human blood in several centuries, and I don't plan to do so anytime soon."

Then she was back in her seat, and my hand was bandaged. She had moved so fast!

"I think we should continue the story. Don't you agree, Mr. Lentz?"

"I... I... I definitely agree. Uh, where were we?" I gathered my notebook and papers together. "We were at your uh, argument with your husband."

(WILL ADD MORE!)

To Comment Please Go Here

Last edited by DaughterofNyx101 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sotkai11?feature=mhee

Twilight Fanfic- Angels in the Dark
Page 1 of 1