House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cassie's House of Night Fanfic

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cassie's House of Night Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Cassie's House of Night Fanfic   Cassie's House of Night Fanfic EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Every day started out the same. Annoying alarm clock buzzing in my ear, older brother complaining about not having his own car, and friends complaining about their boyfriends on the way to class.
So when no one was complaining, I was instantly suspicious. My brother Andrew, the perfect one, had already spotted his group of popular misfits, leaving me to fend for myself in the busy hallways.
Hacking, I got halfway to my locker when my friend Jennifer intercepted me. “Samantha? Can I talk to you?” She asked pushing the long blonde curls out of her face. Her hazel eyes seemed worried.
I kept walking so I could get my books before class. “Yeah Jenn, of course.” I paused to cough yet again. I swear my throat was being rubbed raw. When I finished, I asked, “What’s wrong?”
“I don’t know. I just have this feeling. Something big is going to happen today.” Jennifer looked at me seriously.
I twisted in my locker combination, and opened to my books. “Don’t worry about it. It’s probably just some pop quiz or something. You’ll see.” I tried to smile without coughing. Again.
I glanced at the mirror on my locker door automatically. My long black hair that was normally full of life seemed flat and dead today. As did my blue eyes. I hadn’t bothered with make up today. It wouldn’t have helped anyway. Seeing someone else in my mirror, I turned around.
Standing directly across the hall from me stood a tracker. His mark swirled into a delicate pattern, framing his eyes.
My heart dropped when I realized who he was staring at. Me.
He spoke loud and true. “Samantha Harbing! Night has chosen thee; thy death will be thy birth. Night calls to thee; hearken to hear Her sweet voice. Your destiny awaits you at that House of Night!”
His hand lifted and he pointed directly at my forehead. All of a sudden, pain shot through my head. When the pain faded, it was replaced by an irritating itch.
When the tracker vanished, I turned and stared at my reflection in the mirror. There it was. In the center of my forehead, was the vampyre blue crescent moon. I was marked.
As beautiful as it was, I slammed my locker closed and ran out to my car. My beautiful car. Would I still need it when I went.. there? I ignored Jennifer calling my name, and Andrew running after me. I got in my car, and just drove home.
Once in the driveway, I rested my head on the steering wheel. Things were changing. I was changing.
I got out and walked inside. “Mom?” I called, hoping she hadn’t left for work yet.
“In the living room honey.” She answered. I walked numbly to her voice. I asked her to turn and look at me, and watched her gasp when she did. “Your…marked? When did this happen?” She barely made out a whisper.
“Just now at school. Mom I don’t want to change schools! I’m finally happy…ish.” I said running to hug her.
Mom held me close. “I know honey. I get that. But you know what will happen if you don’t go.” Mom had friends who have had children marked. Two of the children refused to accept it, and tried living like a normal human being. It didn’t work. Both kinds died within a day.
So, mom helped me pack. She promised to go with me, and visit as soon as she could. In return I was going to let Andrew use my car. Together we loaded my things into my car, and climbed inside. This felt so strange. Leaving behind everything I knew, for my new world.
When we got to the school, a man led my mother and I into a large office. Against one wall was a line of bookshelves, bursting at the seams. The next wall had a large window and a window seat. Looking through the window, I noticed a statue of a beautiful woman with her hands being held upward. The wall across from the books had a large painting of a smiling woman/ She looked very similar to the statue. The last wall had the door.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down

Cassie's House of Night Fanfic
Page 1 of 1