House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?

Go down 
+58
Leah Redbird
Erinacchi
nnh123
Amber Rae
Hannahofnight
~paige~
WazzuMan
Mrs.Loren.Blake
ZoeyAndStarkForever
milly
Emo Kitty
Julieeebabe
Holly D.
earth-spirit
vampyricXfaerie
love_always_kills
Lilith of Night
Hex
Nightchild
MayonakaKitty
Naatika
Erin.
Kedo
Ayla
Xxclaiiree<3starkxX
Arainia Cullen416
Astrid
*~*Melodiaudrey*~*
(¯`·._.·[akasha]·._.·´¯)
T_Z
Elexa-Erik-Night
darianHEARTstark
kayrose
Saaaaarah(:
Kayliex3
HardyGirl
Emily
ishane
I<3James
brooketini11
*summertime*
Lilybloomus
SigneAndersen
**Stark Lover**
genna
~TemptedKnight~
~*Dani*~
bunnyluver626
*GuardianAngel*
~ash
Becka
gilmore
greennight
WildFlowerXXX
Choko_Moko
Calico
LectricErin
Gracie_Gurrl*
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Mrs.Loren.Blake
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Mrs.Loren.Blake

Female Gemini Dog
Location : Out by the Eastern Wall, mourning Loren's death with Darius and Erik x

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Nevaeh
Affinities : Fire

what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:01 pm

I think it's selfish. Erik is absoloutely perfect for her, he's her species, totally gets her, is in love with her and there's nothing wrong with him, he's perfect.
Heath is a pathetic excuse for a man, he's too clingy, demands constant attention and he doesn't get it that Zoey and him are not together any more and it's hurting every body else's feelings including Erik and Zoey's friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HaanniieeB         www.twitter.com/Hanna
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:01 pm

The fact you said Erik is perfect proves how little you even know about the guy. Life lesson number one: no one's perfect, we all have flaws (plural!).
Back to top Go down
~paige~
Meeting new friends at Lunch
Meeting new friends at Lunch
~paige~

Female Pisces Pig

Character sheet
Name: Clarity. Nadine
Affinities : Clairity can control ice and Nadine can copy anyones power

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 pm

I agreee with WazzuMan. No one is ever perfect. No matter how hard they try...
Back to top Go down
Hannahofnight
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Hannahofnight

Female Sagittarius Dog

Character sheet
Name: Hannah Night
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 pm

It's really sad somtimes I think she should leave the guys alone or choose Erik.
Back to top Go down
Amber Rae
Sending for Water from the West
Amber Rae

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Kareanna
Affinities : air, fire, water, earth, spirit

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 1:04 pm

I think that Erik is an ok guy but he is controling and that is a bad flaw hes not perfect and in my opinion Stark is better he is her worrier.
Back to top Go down
http://roleplaying-love.forumotion.com/
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 am

To answer the original question in this thread:

Gracie_Gurrl* wrote:
what is your opinion about Zoey liking Erik but still having feelings for Heath?

A poorly worded question, as it is hardly fair to judge someone who has feelings for more than one person. Which, by the way, is your average Joe. Acting on those feelings is another story.

However, focusing on Marked alone, I couldn't even figure why Zoey liked Heath in the first place. In fact for the majority of the book my impression was that he was a drunk loser who was lucky Zoey was even still talking to him. As for Erik, my impression was that he was well liked and attractive and that any naive girl would want to wrap themselves under his arm without actually knowing him. So that's what I thought of the first two guys, I did not read too much into it at the time as it was uninteresting to me.
Back to top Go down
Amber Rae
Amber Rae

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Kareanna
Affinities : air, fire, water, earth, spirit

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:51 pm

If you read Tempted U see y i said tht.
Back to top Go down
http://roleplaying-love.forumotion.com/
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 am

^ This section is dedicated to Marked, why are we talking Tempted?
Back to top Go down
nnh123
Going about a regular day

Female Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:15 am

I honestly think she should have settled in at first & not be in a relationship so soon. But then again; sometimes things like that just happen and you get stuck thinking which guy you should really go for. ;D
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 am

^ Doesn't help if more than one guy is trying so hard to get it on with her. If people are wondering so much why she is confused, I remind them that these guys "she so horribly wronged" didn't exactly give her a lot of breathing room. You notice those moments she tries to be alone and one of them just pops up out of nowhere to invade her privacy.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 am

WazzuMan wrote:
^ Doesn't help if more than one guy is trying so hard to get it on with her. If people are wondering so much why she is confused, I remind them that these guys "she so horribly wronged" didn't exactly give her a lot of breathing room. You notice those moments she tries to be alone and one of them just pops up out of nowhere to invade her privacy.
Yep, this is so true.

And imo there are a lot worse things in HoN than Zoey's relationship stuff.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
Leah Redbird
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Leah Redbird

Female Pisces Dog

Character sheet
Name: Leah Redbird
Affinities : Affinty for all the elements plus visions, aim, physic and high priestess in training

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 am

greennight wrote:
i think she makes things so much harder for herself too.... i agree if she only stepped backed and worked out what she wanted before jumping in

yeah but then she wouldn't be the same person she is.
Back to top Go down
watervampire_nyx
Going to the House of Night
Going to the House of Night
watervampire_nyx

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: kuoyoki yuki icesabella iceleia darkstar nightshade shadowheart
Affinities : water,ice,visios,darkness,fire,electricity

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:15 pm

She is probably confused out of her mind and don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
HONReader_Diva
Freaking out
Freaking out
HONReader_Diva

Female Capricorn Snake

Character sheet
Name: Nikki Ireland
Affinities : Water

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:59 am

She needs to make up her mind on who she wants to love. Erik is much better for her.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Shannedo

Female Pisces Cat
Location : Waiting for Muse to release the UK tour dates for 2013!!! #freakingout

Character sheet
Name: Avander
Affinities : Infallible Memory

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:57 pm

It's perfectly fine to be interested in two guys but I think Zoey should really just leave Heath alone. She's a vampyre fledgling and Heath is a human, it can only cause trouble! Erik is much better for her than Heath! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarkAngel
DarkAngel

Female Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Zoey having a double relationship is a difficult thing but she told Heath so many times that it was over. I think Heath is trying to put his lov for Zoey in her head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm

well...if she's to have a guy, it should be one. spreading herself out like that and allowing herself to fall for more doesn't do it.
I think with all that has been happening, she should have either focused on one for real, or even better, just held back. I'm sure Erik would have understood. heath, well not so much but whatever lol.
I don't think heath would have been good for her anyway. he tries to hard to enforce himself on her, make her feel enticed...so I agree with you DarkAngel ^^
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 am

I've said plenty on this subject. But just to bring my arguments to a new page and add to them:

1) Like I said dozens of times Zoey doesn't have to "have a guy" (or a girl).
2) Having feelings for more than one person (even at the same time) I would say is both common and certainly nothing wrong with that. Emotions aren't voluntary, there is no shame in what we feel. We don't judge people on how they feel, we judge them on how they act.
3) I wouldn't say that "double-relationships" couldn't work depending on who's involved with who and how. For example, Stark and Heath were starting to get along and they had this understanding that they were both important to Zoey in different ways, and they both had their own roles as Warrior and Consort, so that may have worked. But certainly it wouldn't be recommended and with someone like Erik it would never have worked.
4) Of course it would be better for everyone if Zoey had just forgotten the whole dating thing, for her and everyone involved it would have been better if she just focused on her school work, the Dark Daughters, saving the world. If she hadn't been sidetracked then Kalona may never have arisen and Neferet may have already been stopped. The problem with that is it would make for a boring read. You want drama: the good guys have to do the stupid things; the bad guys have to win a few battles; there has to be loss and sacrifice. These are just the rules of drama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:25 pm

WazzuMan wrote:
I've said plenty on this subject. But just to bring my arguments to a new page and add to them:

1) Like I said dozens of times Zoey doesn't have to "have a guy" (or a girl).
2) Having feelings for more than one person (even at the same time) I would say is both common and certainly nothing wrong with that. Emotions aren't voluntary, there is no shame in what we feel. We don't judge people on how they feel, we judge them on how they act.
3) I wouldn't say that "double-relationships" couldn't work depending on who's involved with who and how. For example, Stark and Heath were starting to get along and they had this understanding that they were both important to Zoey in different ways, and they both had their own roles as Warrior and Consort, so that may have worked. But certainly it wouldn't be recommended and with someone like Erik it would never have worked.
4) Of course it would be better for everyone if Zoey had just forgotten the whole dating thing, for her and everyone involved it would have been better if she just focused on her school work, the Dark Daughters, saving the world. If she hadn't been sidetracked then Kalona may never have arisen and Neferet may have already been stopped. The problem with that is it would make for a boring read. You want drama: the good guys have to do the stupid things; the bad guys have to win a few battles; there has to be loss and sacrifice. These are just the rules of drama.

I do have to agree, you raise some good remarks there.
now at the time, I had different feelings for the guys, but since they have evolved and more importantly, their character has been revealed more. it's interesting to note how you may feel about a character, based on what you know (in this case simply book one) and how what may be called "prejudiced" ideas change over books. thus my opinions above ^^ to how I feel now. ha, contradictions are in effect. Twisted Evil

I agree completely with statement one. I've already mentioned it, and I still hold to it. zoey doesn't need someone, but it's more interesting that way, so 2 thumbs up for statement 4 lol. it goes to show how that however little your actions, it just may do a bigger ripple then you realize. if zoey had been with no one, then maybe she would have been more aware. now for Neferet, I'm not sure if she would have been able to really stop her any earlier, but the more focused the better.

being in love with more then one guy is while possible, but imo too heavily dramatized in the novel. at the beginning she went from one to another, and while it becomes clear why for Heath, and Erik, Stark, Lauren, etc, a lot of it could have been avoided. (besides Lauren) at first it seems that Zoey would have 2 "boyfriends" but now I am content with the warrior and consort idea. it seems to be working well, and it is not the same (so far from what I see) as a real relationship. I just past the part about Erik, so now it is well, more rational and realistic.
I am not saying i'm against double realtionships, etc, but even so for the most part they never work, and in an ideal and real life situation it would have been solved.....so i'm pleased the author has retained an authentic aspect.

drama is necessary but, lay too heavily and it becomes boring. at the beginning Cast bored me the triplet as Zoey would make up her mind, then change again, basically keeping a stalemate. but she has moved forward thankfully.... I don't know if anyone has felt this way, but this was my reaction.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:28 am

Personally, I think Zoey's doomed love life has seen too much attention. If it were better paced throughout the series or with less guys, but I personally never cared for who winds up with whom. Not only are these characters young but assuming they don't get killed most of them have decades, even centuries, to find love or whatever. I don't even get what was so special about Stark and it was only after seven books that Cast gave me a reason to think Heath was worth anybody's time.

I think it would have been much better to focus on the relationships of say the Twins or focusing more on all those undead kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?   what do you think about zoey's double-relationship? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you think about zoey's double-relationship?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of Night Forum :: House of Night :: House of Night Books :: Marked-
Jump to: