House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Dream of Nyx....

Go down 

What did you think of this?
I thought it was good
I Dream of Nyx....  Vote_lcap75%I Dream of Nyx....  Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
I didn't really like it
I Dream of Nyx....  Vote_lcap0%I Dream of Nyx....  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I dunno
I Dream of Nyx....  Vote_lcap25%I Dream of Nyx....  Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Yvaine
Freaking out
Freaking out
Yvaine

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Yvanie Ciprrianna
Affinities : Spirit, and I can see your deepest desires, mind control, music, writing, fire, wind, water, earth

I Dream of Nyx....  Empty
PostSubject: I Dream of Nyx....    I Dream of Nyx....  EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:44 pm

"Night, Xoe!" Jack exclaimed as I opened the door to the girls dorm.
I smiled my goodbye to him as I entered the girls dorm.
As I passed the girls that were clustered in the room said their hello's to me.
I stumbled along to my room.
My roommate, Hanna, was sleeping peacefully in her bed, her face facing the wall. Her cat, Oreo, hissed at me as I pulled on my pj's. Why does that cat hate me so?, I thought to myself as I climbed into bed and pulled my covers over my head....

The Dream
"Xoe...." Someone whispered in the distance.
"Yes?" I answered their call.
"Come to me, Xoe...."
"Who are you?" I asked in fright.
"Child, do not be afraid, I am Nyx...."
"The goddess Nyx?" I asked in shock and awe.

Damien and everyone had said that at The House of Night there was a goddess, Nyx was her name.

As I stared harder into the dark I saw her face. She was beautiful with long, dark, flowing hair.
"Yes, my daughter...." she said, "I am here to ask a favor of you...."
"Yes, anything, Goddess."
"Find Zoey Redbird.... She is in need of your help.... I fear darkness has covered The House of Night once again and it has come for her and her red fledgling friends.... Help her, Xoe.... Along the way no one will trust her and she will loose if she is not supported.... Help her, my daughter...."
Nyx gracefully arose from what she was sitting on.... She stood in front of me and her kind smile spread across her face. She leaned down and lightly kissed the outline of a crescent moon on my forehead.
"Now, awaken, child...."
And she disappeared in the darkness.

I shot up at the sound of my alarm clock.... Hanna started to stir in her bed, "Is it okay if I take a shower first?" she mumbled, still facing at the wall.
"Yeah, sure, Hanna, I don't mind." I stretched.
Hanna got up and went to the closet, "Xo, should I wear this sweater--" she stopped abruptly.
"What is it, Hanna? Is something wrong?" I asked frantically.
"Your--your Mark!" she shirked.
My hand flew to my Mark. It felt weird and tingly.... I threw my legs over the bed and stopped dead cold in front of the mirror on the door.
Hanna was right, something was wrong with my Mark. It was colored in, but it was absolutely not sapphire blue.... It was blood red. Spirals swirled around it, and lacy curls framed my green eyes....
"Hanna! What's wrong with me!?"

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
Yvaine
Freaking out
Freaking out
Yvaine

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Yvanie Ciprrianna
Affinities : Spirit, and I can see your deepest desires, mind control, music, writing, fire, wind, water, earth

I Dream of Nyx....  Empty
PostSubject: I Dream of Nyx.... (Continued)   I Dream of Nyx....  EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 4:59 pm

"Xoe!" Hanna shrieked again.
"You know, I really wish you would stop doing that...." I said calmly.
"How can I stop!?"
"Ugh! I give up." I said as I turned back to the mirror. "I don't look that bad, Hanna.... Red is a nice color on me...." I said in a light tone.
"This is not a time for jokes, Xoe!" she yelled in my face.
"Go get Damien and we'll get everything figured out. It's Saturday.... Look for him in Jack's room...." I said.
"Heck no! I'm not getting the gay kid!"
"Say. That. One. More. Time." I threatened.
"OK. I'm sorry.... I'll get Ryan...."
"I didn't ask for that blow fish!" I screamed in frustration.
She gasped as if I had just slapped her across the face, "Ryan is not a blow fish..."
"Fine, just go get them both. And think next time you call Damien gay." I said in a cold voice.
She nodded and walked out of the door.
I took a deep breath as I looked in to full sized mirror on the white wall.
My Mark wasn't blue, it was scarlet red. The crescent moon was colored in, and, as if I were an adult vamp, I had additional tattoos. Red swirls decorated the frame of my pale face and swirls made a mask around my green eyes.
I nodded my bangs in front of the right side of my face and turned to my closet. I decided to wear my black shirt--fave one. It was my favorite because it covered the scar on my left wrist. Yes, it was from me cutting myself. No, I didn't have any more.
It wasn't my fault that I was Emo. It was my moron of a dad. After my mom died he became mean and abusive. He even killed my brother, Devin. So, that's why I had the one scar. I was far from Emo now. But, my style wasn't. Especially my big hair. It was auburn/brown with light brown highlights in my bangs.
When I finished pulling on my black skinny jeans and had the sleeves hooked onto my thumbs I went to the small bathroom to put on my make-up.
As always I went really heavy on my eyes--proof I was so not over the Emo style. I brushed through my long hair and then brushed my teeth. After I brushed my teeth I put on my fave lip gloss--peppermint.
"Xoe?" I heard Damien call from the room.
I squared my shoulders and went to face Damien and Ryan (the blow fish).
When I came into sight Damien's brown eyes were popping out of his cute gay head.
Ryan just stared at my Marks, mouth wide. I wanted to snap it shut.
"H-how?" Damien asked as he stepped forward and moved my bangs out of the way.
"Well..." I began. I explained my dream and what I was gonna do.
"Z is at the mall with Stark. She won't be back till later.... But...until then...."
Suddenly my cell phone rang and "Nails for Breakfast, Tacks for Snack" stated to play.
I pushed the SEND button on my black ENV3.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Hi, Xoe! It's Jack! Is Damien there? He won't pick up his phone...." Jack trailed off.
"Yeah he's here. Here he is." I said as I handed Damien the phone and mouthed "Jack"
"Hello... Yeah.... No.... Did you try the other one?... OK.... Hey, can you do me a favor and call Z and tell her to hurry up?... Thanks... Yeah.... See you later..." he handed the phone back to me.
"Well, until Z gets here...." Damien trailed off.
"I get to play science experiment." I finished and he nodded sadly....

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down

I Dream of Nyx....
Page 1 of 1