House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreams of Fate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChibiVampKarin
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
ChibiVampKarin

Female Aquarius Horse

Character sheet
Name: Karin Volkova
Affinities : Fortune (she can determine someones luck), Earth

Dreams of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Dreams of Fate   Dreams of Fate EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:18 pm

~Back Cover~

Cameron Brown is not your average seventeen year old girl. She can tell a person's fortune just by touching them, but all isn't well in the town of Pheonix, Arizona. Cameron has been having strange dreams about the end of the world, and it all seems to circle around Cameron, her family, and her friends. A strange voice has been coming to her in these dreams, giving her clues to try and save the world from the unknown cult of vampires. Will Cameron and her family and friends be able to survive long enough to try and stop the distruction? Or is the world doomed to a disturbing ending?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Prologue

Fire, burning, red hot. Something is wrong... ash...
Boom! Pow! Guns? Fire? What's going on?
Am I dreaming? What's that noise? Explosions? Blood is everywhere.
'The end is near,'
"Who's there?"
'They are blood thirsty and ready to kill...'
"Who are you?"
'My name? It's not important right now,'
"But what's happening? Blood, guns, explosions, fire?"
'The end of us... they want to kill, seeking blood,'
"What? Who's seeking blood? Why?"
'You will soon figure that out on your own,'
"But, why?"
'Really, you just don't listen, do you?'
And then the voice laughed. It was a guy's voice, childish but not coming from a kid. Why won't he answer my questions?
"Well then, forget you, now get you and your destruction out of my dream!"
'You'll be sorry, Cameron...'
"How the hell do you know my name?"
'That's none of your business,' Okay, now this guy was just messing with me. He was so getting on my last good nerve.
"Just get out, now," I looked around, complete darkness. But I could still hear and smell the destruction going on around me. It was trying to trap me in a little box, I could feel it. Trying to suppress all the noise just around me, the only human being not in pain. They want me to get hurt...
'Fine, see you in the near future,' At that moment, I felt an invisible hand brush against the skin of my cheek. I impulsively jumped away. I wanted to get away... get away from the tight box and this man who says he knows me, but why can't I recognize his voice?
"Whatever, just...leave," I closed my eyes, taking a long, calming breath. When I opened them, the sounds around me faded into the total blackness around me.
No fire, no guns, no explosions, no destruction... only silence. Just too quiet for me. I felt around, no box either. I was free from its menacing grasp. Good, no more pain... for now...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And then, I woke up.
pig pig pig pig pig pig pig

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
ChibiVampKarin
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
ChibiVampKarin

Female Aquarius Horse

Character sheet

Dreams of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Chapter One!   Dreams of Fate EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Chapter One

"What the hell kind of dream was that?" I asked myself, looking into the mirror, brushing my long dirty blond hair. It used to be a really pale blond, almost white but I've been indoors a lot lately.
And at night I would have the most wierdest dreams about the end of the world. But the ones I've been having lately are more graphic. The heat of the fire is more intense, the cries of help from the misfortunate are louder, more irratating, and the blood... let's just say, really, really gruesome.
But the worst part is, I haven't been able to tell a soul about these dreams. Well, I guess because they'd think I was mentally retarded or just had issues. I mean, dreams about the end of the world, seriously.
"Cammie, um, time to go," I turned to see an exact copy of me. Same moss green eyes and dirty blond hair.
Oh wait, that was just my twin sister Cassidy. I was just about to start freaking out on the spot if I hadn't come to my senses at the nick of time.
"Okay, be down in a sec," I smiled weakly. "Did mom already leave?"
"Yeah, and the worst part is, Casey and Pebble are nowhere to be seen," Cassidy shook her head.
"That's not good," I muttered, almost to myself.
"Hey, did you have one of your end of the world dreams again?" Cassidy asked, sitting down on my bed. I sat down next to her, she reached over and put her hand in mine.
"Yeah," I know what you're thinking, I said I didn't tell anyone... but my twin sister.
"Is it about that guy again?"
"Yeah,"
"Well, we've got to do something about it," she looked at me, her eyes sparkled with determination. I've always envied her bravery and streangth.
"I don't know how..." I was obviously hesitating about the matter.
"Oh please, how bad could it be?"
"Um, really bad," I pointed out.
"Cammie, remember, I'm a telepath and you're the closest thing to a fortune teller. And also the fact that we go to a school with a lot of people just like us."
"Ah crap, school!" I jumped up and ran out of my room, still holding on to Cassidy's hand. I hurded her down the stairs and into the kitchen.
"Hey, what took you so long?" my brother, Vincett, was already at the door.
"Oh shut up," Cassidy picked up her bag from the kitchen floor.
"You two get along so well," I said, rolling my eyes.
We walked the short distance to our high school, Mystic Angel High. It's a pretty huge school, you can't miss it. But, it's protected with an invisible shield that drives humans away.
My whole family has gone to Mystic Angel High. Yup, that's how old the school is. My mom, dad, and even my two older brothers, Daniel and Todd, have gone. Since they graduated they have to find the secret jobs that are available from our kind here in Pheonix, Arizona. And of course live a not so normal life.
Well, I live in a family of seven, my mom is going to have her sixth child, which for me, is a big family. And we are probably the wierdest family there is.
"So, Casey is about to turn four, what are we going to do about her special 'powers'?" Vincett said, bringing up one of our 'strange family' promblems. We were talking about our youngest sister, Casey.
"And she's growing fats," Cassidy added.
"Hell, she has full coversations with the cat," I said, shaking my head.
Our cat, Pebble, is always chatting it up with Casey. Even if Pebble is blind and has heterochromia (different colored eyes). And Casey can read minds and talk to nature, animals in particular, and she has the same condition with her eyes. They're two different colors, I mean.

"True, she knows more words than I do," Cassidy grumbled. She was always the brainiac in the family, until Casey was born. Now, Cassidy and Casey have Simile Fights. You think it sounds stupid, well it is.

"Stop your complaining, she's only four!" I exclaimed.

"She's right, Cass," Vincett added.

"What do you know, Vince," Cassidy retorted sharply.

"Too late to stop them now," I sighed as I watched my two siblings go into another Coversational War.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Cam?" Cassidy scooted closer to me. We were in the Fire Hall, where we learn the various spells on how to control the element fire. Our teacher Professor Bells was deep into one of her Spell Binders books. She was lecturing us on how to burn certain objects while not destroying everything else around it.

"Yes?" I whsipered back, glancing over at her. I was shocked to her face a ghostly pale white, making her orange freckles seem to stand out more than usual. "Are you okay?" I was starting to get worried.

"No, that's the problem, I don't feel well," she put her hand on her forehead, moving it in a circular motion. "My head... vision... future..." she mumbled before she slumped over. Thank god I caught her before she fell. At that moment, everyone turned their heads to look at us, the room's lit torches sparked and flared in response.

"Professor Bells, Cassidy needs help," my voice turned frantic.

"Yes, Flamora will lead you to the Medical Room," Prof Bells looked up and called the Fire Queen with a spell. "Fire burns in our soul and spirit, please help us in our time of need, Queen of Fire, Flamora..." The torches went crazy when she finished her spell, they literally exploded from their place on the wall, the fire seemed to move in one direction, to the large glass door which seperated the Fire Hall from the rest of the Fire Building.

A woman, made of fire appeared out of the blaring flames that flared and flickered away. She walked out of the fire, looking around the room, and then finally meeting eyes with me. Her eyes were a deep amber, which flickered like the fire around her, and her skin was a light caramel color, but it seemed to glow a brilliant gold and white as she moved farther away from the fire. But the undying flames seemed to follow her, trailing from a close distance, once in a while touching her beautifully sparkling scarlet red dress, that seem to have come out of a fasion magazine.

"Dear child, what seems to be the matter?" her voice was a smooth and light, but underneath was fierce and kind. She looked from me to my sister, who was being supported by me.

"M-my sister... Medical R-room, emergency," I stammered, barely able to keep my cool.

"Poor child..." Flamora said softly, her hand, just as soft as her voice, rubbed Cassidy's pale cheek. "Let's go then, she is in a great deal of pain." She looked down at me, there, I finally noticed how tall she was, just like one of those Amazon woman.

"O-okay," I said, grunting as I tried to shift my weight to my other leg so that I could get a better grip on Cassidy.

"Let me help you, dear," she took Cassidy in her arms, like she bearly weighed a pound. "Come then, we better hurry."

"Can I come with you?" a voice said as we turned to head out. I looked over my shoulder to see who had spoken, it was a boy.

"Um, sure," I said, trying not to make a great deal about it. The person who came forward from the crowd was someone I didn't expect... at all.

His name was Aaron. He was a kid I knew quite well as the quiet type. He barely spoke during class and he always wore black. Also the fact that he was a master at controlling shadows and darkness.

I looked at him, our eyes met. His cold icy blue eyes showed no emotions whatsoever, which scared me quite a bit. I shouldn't have been quick to answer. What load of crap have I gotten myself into now?

Back to top Go down
ChibiVampKarin
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
ChibiVampKarin

Female Aquarius Horse

Character sheet

Dreams of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Fate   Dreams of Fate EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Chapter Two

When we got to the main building of the school, Flamora lead us to the Medical Room. She walked up to the door, shifted to one foot and knocked on the door. Instantly, the door opened by itself, letting us see what was inside the big wooden door. A slender woman was looming over a table on the far side of the room, where all of the antidotes and potions are. She was quietly mixing some things and changing labels. I looked to the other side of the room, a taller woman, almost like Flamora was sitting, legs crossed, on the floor petting a restless ferret like creature with huge black eyes.
"Madeline, we have another one," Flamora called the woman by name. I have never been to the Medical Room, so this enviroment was kind of strange to me. I looked around Flamora's tall figure (which was pretty hard to do, considering the fact that she was like a skyscraper to me) and saw the woman, known as Madeline turn and smiled (almost grinning) at Flamora.
"Oh my goodness, Flamora! I haven't seen the likes of you 'round this part of the school," I turned my head in the direction of the voice, it had a hint of a Texas accent. The tall girl sitting in the corner was smiling up at us. But then her grin faded when she looked over at Aaron, who was glaring darkly at her. "Ugh, Aaron, you're as gloomy as a snake without his slither. Light'n up a bit." She stood up, letting the ferret-thing fall to the ground with a squeaky yelp. "Sorry Bobaloo." She laughed and picked up the ferret-thing.
"Yes, it has been a while, Winny," Flamora said. And then she turned over to look at Madeline. "Where should I put her so she can rest?"
"Over there, on the bed near Winola," Madeline pointed to the bed Winny (or Winola) was standing next to.
"It's Winny, Maddy, y'all know I hate bein' called Winola," she said shivering at the sound of her real name. "It makes me sound crazier than a chipmunk with no chatter."
"Would you quit it with your Texas similes and metaphors?" Aaron spoke up, glaring at Winny.
"Just 'cause you're my older brother doesn't mean you can boss me around," Winny said, walking over and glaring up at her brother.
"Please, calm down," I finally said, my voice feeling strange.
They both whipped around to equally glare at me. I looked from Winny to Aaron, realizing how similar they really are. They both had black hair and striking blue eyes, it was like looking in a two-way mirror, if that makes any sense.
"Didn't notice you there, partner," Winny said, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.
"Of course you didn't," Aaron mumbled, rolling his eyes.
"It okay," I smiled at her, completely ignoring Aaron.
"You kids stop bickering and come help me with this potion, Cassidy's got some serious headache and I need someone to read me the ingredients out loud," Madeline called over her shoulder.
"I'll do it!" I almost screamed, but was quiet enough to not look like a total fool in front of everyone. On my way across the room, I accidentally stepped on Bobaloo's tail and he literally jumped and hit the really high ceiling which was about nine to ten feet high, I'm just guessing, shrieked and ran around the walls of the rooms like there was no tommorow. "Oops, sorry!" I tried to take a step toward Bobaloo and calm him down, but he hissed at me and slipped under a bed.
"Don't worry 'bout it, Bobaloo is very anti-social," Winny patted my shoulder and smiled. I nodded and walked the last few steps and stood next to Madeline. She looked at me and gave a friendly smile.
"So, what happened to her?" She asked.
"I don't know, she was complaining of a headache and said a few things," I said, shrugging my shoulders.
"What sort of things did she say?" It was Flamora who asked this time. She glided over to us and looked at me. Her amber eyes intent.
"She was muttering something about visions and the future, she probably was confused," I told them, trying to convince them that it was all in her head. Or maybe I was trying to convince myself that it was all a lie.
"But she is the second powerful telepath at this school, so what she was mumbling 'bout was probably a prohecy," Winny jumped in, I turned to look at her, seeing that she was sitting on an empty bed, right next to Aaron who was quietly staring out the window, his hands fumbling for something. I stood on my toes to try to see what he was messing around with and was surprised to see a black baby bird at the window perched timidly on his finger. He was brushing his fingers softly against the small birds shiny feathers. I almost 'awwed' out loud, so I quickly shut my mouth and nodded, turning my attention back to the conversation.
"Winny is right, Cameron, Cassidy is never wrong about the future, and she has a very strong will," Flamora agreed with Winny.
"I wonder what she was trying to say before she passed out..." Madeline said, her voice trailing off as she went into deep thought. All of a sudden he heard a painful groan come from Cassidy, she was squirming around and twitching. Winny jumped from her bed, which was right across from Cassidy's. Aaron sighed as the baby bird chirped in surprise and fluttered away.
"Oh! We need to make the potion now, or Cassidy won't make it," Madeline said, looking frantic. She shoved the giant book of medical spells at me. "Turn to page one hundred and eighty-nine." She said sternly and cleared her area except for a long and skinny tube she held in her hand. I nodded and flipped open the book, and found the page with the title, Healing and Dealing. What a stupid name for such a spell.
"Okay, first you need a moth's wing," I instructed, she nodded and together we made the potion that would soon cure Cassidy's pain.
"Now you have to say the spell," I nodded.
"Please I beg you, help this soul, make them feel good and whole. Take away the pain they feel, and make sure that they fully heal. Dear Helena, Queen of health, heal this soul, and make them whole!" I closed my eyes as I said the last of the sentence. Please Helena, help my sister, she is a great person and has a loving spirit, help her... I love her and hopefully you love her too. I secretly prayed to the Queen of Health. If she was as good as this Spell says she is, then I put all of my trust in her. "Come forth, dear Queen, and place a healing hand on this soul's heart and mind, come to us!" I finished the chant and smelt the sent of herbs and soothing flower scents. I took a deep and refreshing breath. I opened my eyes and stepped back as a green and white vapor started swirling and twisting, I squinted into the haze and saw a figure appear. It was rather short, probably a few inches taller than me, but not too many. The figure's body started appearing and I saw that it was a slim pixie-like woman with wavy golden blond hair that was like a river down her back. She wore a short dress that almost seemed like a bigger version of Tinker Bell's dress.
"Oh my, she seems really hurt," her voice was quick and high-pitched, but it had a melodic tinge to it. "Have you prepared a potion I can use?" She didn't turn to look at Madeline, but it was like everyone knew who she was talking to. Madeline nodded. "Good, bring it here, please." She signaled with a twitch of her wrist.
Madeline moved quickly towards Helena, the potion was tightly held in both of her hands. "Thank you," I couldn't see it, but it was almost as if I could here the smile in her voice.
I took a cautious step forward, closer to the bed, taking small steps. I looked over Helena's shoulder and saw that she was putting one of her hands on her heart and another on Cassidy's. She mumbled words I couldn't understand and lifted Cassidy's head and poured the potion into her mouth.
"Drink," she whispered, loud enough so I could hear. Cassidy gulped down the potion and her eyes fluttered open.
"Holy crap, I thought I was going to die!" She shot up from the bed, barely missing Helena who was now sitting on the bed.
"Oh my god, Cassidy, you're alive!" I literally jumped onto Cassidy, who went wide-eyed and smiled.
"Did anything interesting happen when I was momentarily out of it?" she chuckled.
"Nah, nothin' special," Winny put her hands behind her back and teetered back and forth on her heels.
"Oh, hello, who're you?" Cassidy and I pulled apart and Cassidy was able to get up and put out her hand.
"Ah, I'm Winola, but just call me Winny. If any a y'all call me Winola, it'll be the end of ya." She smiled kindly.
"Is that suppose to be a threat?" Aaron asked, rolling his eyes and got up. He called Bobaloo from under the bed and the little demon ferret-thing waddled out of the room with him, glaring at me as he passed.
"What the hell is Aaron doing here?" Cassidy asked, looking from me to Winny.
"Nothin' really, he was just lookin' for me," Winny shook her head. "I swear that boy is more annyoyin' than a hundred scurrying mice in a bumble berry pie."
"Winny is known for her similes and metaphors," Flamora explained, answering Cassidy's confused look.
"Cammie, I went through hell, back there," Cassidy said.
"What was wrong?" every head turned to look at Helena. "What's with all the stares?" She squeaked, her voice was higher than it's usual high.
"Sorry, kind of an awkward situation," Cassidy giggled, sitting down next to Helena and patted her back. "Anyway, let me tell you the story of my so called 'dreams'. I mean, Cameron is more of the dreaming kind of person and I'm more like the move things around with my mind person, so it was really strange when I had this 'dream of the future.'" Cassidy put dream of the future in quotes.
"What happened?" I asked, my impatience growing by the passing seconds.
"Okay, in the dream I saw the end of the world..."
Oh crap, here we go again...

Back to top Go down
ChibiVampKarin
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
ChibiVampKarin

Female Aquarius Horse

Character sheet

Dreams of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Fate   Dreams of Fate EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Chapter Three

I gave Cassidy a long look. Was she messing with me? Did she really have a dream about the end of the world?

"I'm not kidding around, it's true," she said, looking up at me, answering the question that I couldn't speak about. "Anyway, the dream was so violent and seemed so realistic. I saw it from the beginning, everyone was hurting each other, they found out a way to break threw the barrier..."

"Who broke through the barrier?" Flamora asked, she pulled up a chair and sat down elegantly, is that even possible?

"I-I don't know, they were cold and very... I just remember much," she shook her head.

"But anywho, it's practically impossible to break through the sacred barrier, it was made by the four elemental goddesses, remember? Who would be so strong enough to do such a thing?" Winny asked.

"Must be someone really strong," Madeline said, her voice at almost a whisper.

"It wasn't someone, it was an army of somethings..." Cassidy's voice trailed off. When Iooked at her face again, her lips were moving and her eyes seemed distant and far away.

"Cassidy?" I said, she jumped and looked at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking about what those things were," she shivered and smiled up at me.

"Tell us more of what you remember," Helena said, her voice soft as she rubbed Cassidy's back soothingly.

"Well, I just remember all of the vivid distruction that was going on around me, but the area surounding me was so quiet, much different from what I was seeing. And When I walked further and deeper into the city, I saw the school and the creatures that were in front of the gates... the sight of them just creeped the heck out of me. And it looked like the were trying to get through the gates, and some of them were able to, I can't rememeber how they did it, I just know they did. I not only saw those wierd creatures, but some creatures I recognized as well, like the werewolves and faeries were trying to stop or delay the creatures decent into our school. But it looked like they were at a major disadvantage because the creatures were still prgressing toward the school. But that was all I saw from the school's point of view, but then it seemed like the images were zooming out, I didn't just see our school being attacked, but Arizona and the rest of the States, and apparently Canada, and the whole world... Russia, China, Ireland, Scottland, Japan... everywhere... attacking and killing. It was too much, I couldn't handle it anymore, I closed my eyes and the next thing I know, I'm awake and talking to you guys." Here face came back in focus and shook her head. "All I know now is that we, not just Phoenix or Arizona, but the World is in danger."

"Oh snap, what have we gotten ourselves into?" Winny said.

"Do you know when this will take place?" Flamora asked, putting a hand on Cassidy's head.

"No, but it seems closer thanyou think," Cassidy said, so quietly that I had to lean forward just to hear what she said.

"Well, is there any good news?" I smiled weakly. Obviously I was still in shock about the whole "my sister just had a vision about the end of the world which I was apparently was suppose to have instead" thought.

"Yup, I know that the werewolves and faeries, maybe even the pixies, are going to lend a hand," Cassidy said.

"That's good, at least we have some allies," I sighed.

"Is that it?" Madeline asked.

"Mostly, but I also know that we are so out numbered," Cassidy got up from the bed and walked to the door and turned to look at us. "We need to figure a way to stop this from happening, as soon as possible."

"But how we suppose do that?" Winny asked, getting up from her spot on the floor.

"This a near to impossible task," I said.

"That may be, but we can still try," Flamora and Helena said together.

"Creepy," Winny whispered in my ear. "How do they do that?"

I shrugged. "I have no idea, must be a Queenly thing." I smiled at her.

"You guys better be heading back to your classes, school is just about over, just one more class, actually." Madeline popped up next top me.

"How long were we here?" I handed Madeline the book of potions, which I, unconciously, was still holding onto.

Madeline looked down at her wrist watch and then at the big Grandfather clock in the far corner of the room. "Hmm, 'bout three maybe four hours."

"You've gotta be kidding me," I gasped, that literally left us with about thirty minutes of our last class left.

"Maybe that's why my legs felt all cramp like," Winny said, stretching her long limbs.

"Speaking of which, Winny, you are so ditching class are you not?" Flamora turned to look at Winny, her hands on her hips, her lips pursed, and an eyebrow raised. Perfect combination.

"Um, no..." she glanced up at Flamora who was giving her a motherly look. "I was just coming her 'cause I wasn't feelin' well, that's all." Winny gave a nervouse chuckle. She was so-o-o-o lying.

"Mhmmm," Flamora said, rolling her eyes. "You know better than to skip your classes in Vazertha, don't you." It wasn't a question.

Winny slumped over and sighed, her head down in shame, clearly she had given up and landing right into the defeat box. "Yes, Flamora, but------" Her head lifted looking up at Flamora.

"No buts young lady, you know better,"

"Yes ma'am," Winny said, she lifted her head and was pouting like a little girl.

"Now go back to Vazertha until you're summoned here by one of us, and not when your in class, do you understand?"

"Yes, ma'am,"

"Good, a portal is waiting for you in the restroom,"

"Why in there?"

"I don't know, I guess it was conviently placed," Flamora shrugged, a smile on her face, her amber eyes twinkled.

"You're so mean, Flamora, meaner than------"

"Oh shut up and go," this time, Flamora started laughing and gave Winny a nudge toward the door.

"Fine. Whatever. But I will get my revenge!" Winny was now being dragged into the restroom by Flamora. I could here Winny hollering some things, but they were muffled by how far away the restroom was.

"Wow," Cassidy and I said together.

"Seriously," Helena giggled. She even giggled like a faerie!

"What has gotten into those two?" Madeline said, shaking her head, a wide grin on her face.

When Flamora got back she was smiling and sighed. "Winny is a tough one, she sure puts up a fight."

We all laughed. The thoughts of the End of the World subject was disappearing from my mind. Or at least was being pushed to the back of my mind. The point is, I really didn't want to think about it.

"Oh my, look at the time, I have to run back to Vazertha and run a few errands before I'm summoned again!" Helena jumped off the bed. "Is the portal still open?"

"Yes," Flamora said.

We all watched as Helena scurried, maybe skipped, into the room and disappeared as well.

"One question, what is Vazertha?" I asked, literally blurting it out as Cassidy, Flamora, and I were walking out of the Medical Room, after saying good bye to Madeline.

"Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing," Cassidy said, looking up at Flamora.

"Vazertha is Helena, Winny, and my home planet. We live in a different galaxy then you, so we travel from place to place using portals. Vazertha is a wonderful place, where us Queens and some Kings live happily with other creatures who are to afraid to venture into Earth's unknown territory. It's very peaceful there, no fighting, violence, and chaos. We have a marvelous ruling system, built up from our ancesters, the head Queen and the head King are at the top. Then there is the Princess who will be next in line for the throne, but if there is no girl next then they choose the next boy in line, the Prince. After that is us, the main elements, fire, water, earth, and air. After us is the goddly elements, like lightning, healing, fortune, and foresight. You might think fortune and foresight are the same things, but no, they're two totally different things."

"What's the difference?" I asked.

"Fortune is when someone has the power to read someone's life line and how they will die. It's a rather risky power because if you read the person's life wrong, then you are at risk of dying of the same fatality you claim the other person would die from. But no need to worry, because that's only when you read it wrong. That is why we have professional people who were given the power of Fortune so that no one will ever really be at risk."

"That's seems like an extreme power, a bit too extreme for me," Cassidy said, shaking her head.

"And it is extreme, just like you said," Flamora replied.

"Then what do you do if you have the power of Foresight?" I asked.

"Foresight is when someone can see into the future,"

"Just like me..." I whispered.

"Yes, a lot like you, Cammeron," Flamora said. "Anyway, Foresight is helpful in Vazertha to see if we are in danger of anything. So we need a skilled group of people whith that power to help us, it's not as risky as Fortune, but it does have consequences. A Foresighter has to manage the pain of seeing farther into the future, the farther you go, the more pain, and the more your life is being drained. But that can be handled with a lot of training."

"And you said it wasn't as risky, life being drained, are you kidding?" Cassidy squeaked, her voice was getting higher.

"Don't worry about it, this is only in Vazertha, I don't know anything about the Foresighters on Earth,"

"That helps," Cassidy mumbled. I poked Cassidy in the ribs and told her to shut up. "Whatever."

"So what are the rest of the ranks?" I asked, I was getting more curious.

"After the goddly elements are, the normal elements like walking through walls, invisibility, you know, simple stuff. After them are the creatures with no powers, either they aren't mature enough to get one, or they didn't get a power from birth. The creatures that were given powers at birth are treasured amongst our people. Vazertha is a beautiful place..." her voice trailed off.

"Well it sounds like a beautiful place, with beautiful people," I smiled up at her.

"I have never met young Earthlings like yourselves who took the time to listen to anything us Vazerthians have to say about ourselves and our planet."

"We're young, and we're Earthlings," Cassidy started.

"We listented to what you had to say about Vazertha," I continued.

"And it was very interesting!" We said together. Flamora looked astonished, like she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Thank you," She grinned, showing all of her teeth.

"You're welcome!" we said in unison again.

We all laughed. Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dreams of Fate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of Fate   Dreams of Fate Empty

Back to top Go down

Dreams of Fate
Page 1 of 1