House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new beginning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cybele
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Cybele
Affinities : Earth

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:18 am

Well, Cybele is new to the HoN, just being marked, she's alone, scared and highly confused. She's entered the school during the dark times, everyone fighting about Neferet following light or darkness. Ahh, hell.

Very Happy

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nicoleann138
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:01 am

The sun creped over the horizon, drawing the land a beautiful orange. "Hell." Katherine rolled out of her giant king sized bed , setting her bare feet on the floor. She glanced to her left at the mirror that was hanging on her purple wall. "I look like I have a birds nest for hair" she mumbled has she pulled herself from the comfort of her bed and dragged her sleepy feet to the bathroom. Flipping on the light, she was momentarily blinded, as her eyed adjusted to the light she fumbled around for her brush. She ran her brush through her bed hair, ripping at it viciously to remove the knots. "Damned hair." A few minutes pasted as she walked from the bathroom, pin straight jet black hair hung at the middle of her back, pale skin, covered with a thin layer of make up, her mother screaming at her to go to the store. "Jeez mom, chill out I'm going" she yelled as she slipped on her shoes. "I need that milk Katherine, I asked you to get it last night." her mother called from the kitchen. "I know, Im sorry, I was tired." Katherine called back opening the door and walking out before her mother had a slight chance to say something back. She opened the door to her 2000 gold ford explorer, and hopping in. She started her car backing down her drive way, and pulling onto the road. She took off, thankful to get away for even a few minutes. After her father died, Katherine's mom hasn't been the same, she became angry and always yelled at Katherine. "Just one more year" She reminded herself. "Then I can leave" she said as she stopped at a stop sign then took a left onto St. Marks park way. She thought about getting away from her mom as she drove, not really paying much attention to the road, till she pulled into the walmart parking lot. Parking her car, she hopped out and walked slowly to the entrance. "Milk, milk.... Oh hi." She had bumped into a man that was walking her direction. He just starred at her and didnt make a sound. He handed Katherine a piece of paper, then touched her forehead, his fingers left a blazing heat on her forehead and a fog in her eyes, the man left. Thinking nothing of it, she walking into an isle and grabbed a carton of milk, rubbing her forehead as she walked back. "Great a headache to start the day ugh." she said mumbled as she payed for her milk. Walking into the sun made her head hurt even worse, she forced herself to get into the car and drive back home.
Pulling into the drive way, parking her car, and getting out she walked inside, to her left her dog was chewing on a toy in the living room, the sound of his teeth grinding against the toy was magnified to Katherine, annoying and loud. She walked forward into the kitchen and placed the milk on the table ignoring the fact that he mother was screaming at her, "You ignorant slut dont want away from me or I'll kick you out" Katherine turned around and walked down the hall and into her room, locking the door behind her. She sat down on her bed and closed thee blinds to her window, making sure no sun was shinning through. She found herself rubbing her forehead again. "Damn" Looking down to the piece of paper the odd man had given her, she unfolded it and read the big bold letters to herself. "House of Night". Katherine shrugged and kept reading. "Katherine James! Night has chosen thee; hearken to Her sweet voice. Your destiny awaits you at the House of Night!" Putting the paper down she looked in the mirror on her wall, she noticed a little green crescent moon on the center of her forehead, it was faded, but there. "Oh well, I guess im living." She started packing her small items, such a make up, hair brush, cell phone, iPod, and such into a small zebra print bag. Walking out of her room and out the front door, jumping in her car and started down the drive way. She was on her way to the House of Night as a new vampyre. A new beginning....

To be continued

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Pulling into the parking lot of the school Katherine admired it's beauty. It's dark exterior shinning in the afternoon sun, it looked more like a castle then a school. No one walked around the grounds, but thats because everyone was sleeping. Katherine hurried out of the car and ran inside the school trying to evade the sun that bothered her newly sensitive eyes, which were now a dark brown, rather then her normal light brown. She pushed open the big double doors, and slowly walked inside. Once again no one was there. She slowly walked to the front desk, of course it was empty. "Hello?" She said softly, scared to make anyone angry for being here in the middle of the day.
"Young fledgling, welcome." A beautiful soft voice rang from the left, Katherine turned quickly to look at the beautiful horse mistress Lenobia. "You must be Katherine James, I am professor Lenobia, the Equestrian instructor" As the vampyre came closer Katherine noticed her tattoos, a beautiful series of knots entwined around her face. Within the sapphire knotting, there are delicate designs of rearing horses, and her white blond hair and slate gray eyes. "Umm, yes I am Katherine, nice to meet you" Katherine said softly. "You sure are a beautiful fledgling" Lenobia commented as she stood a few feet from Katherine. "So I'm not a vampyre?" The question came out on it's own will. Lenobia's laughter was like music to her ears, making Katherine feel like a fool. "Not yet, Katherine."
"Oh, um, oh." Katherine babbled.
"Katherine James, one benefit of beginning a new life is that you have the opportunity to start over-to make choices you weren't given before. If you could choose, what would your true name be?"
Katherine thought for a moment, all of a sudden a name came to her. "Cybele, Cybele James."
"Then from this moment forward, you will be called Cybele James. Welcome to your new life." She reached out her hand like she wanted to shake Cybele's hand, as instinct Cybele extended her hand, but instead she grabbed her forearm, which was a bit odd, but it felt right.
Her grasp was warm, and gentle. Her grey eyes shined with welcome. She was beautiful and breath taking. Actually she was what all vampyres were. Strong, smart, and very talented.
"Umm thank you, It's nice to meet you too." Katherine said trying to keep the confusion from her voice.
"I am sure you already know, Vampyres, even fledglings have unusual powers of recovery, and extraordinary talent." The professor continued. "Are you ready to meet your new roommates Cybele?"
NO! she screamed in her mind, "Yes".
"Wonderful" Lenobia said, ignoring the fact I was standing there shaking like leaves during a horrible wind storm.

The two were walking down a narrow hall that curved gently. The walls were made of and odd mixture of dark stones and jutting brick. Every few feet flickering gaslights that hung from old fashioned looking black iron sconces stuck out of the wall, giving off a soft orange glow that was, thankfully, really easy on Cybele's eyes. There were no windows in the halls, and no other students where walking the halls, no mater how hard Cybele looked for a student she never saw one. "Classes dont start till eight P.M. I do not expect you to start class tonight, rest is definitely what you need at this moment." Lenobia said, as if she could read Cybele's mind. "Dawn time is posted in all classrooms, dorms, common rooms, and gathering areas, including the dinning hall, library, and gym. Nyx's temple is, of course, open at all hours, but formal rituals are held twice a week right after school. The next ritual wont be for a while, not till our High Priestess, Zoey Redbird, returns." Lenobia smiled down at Cybele who clearly had confusion written all over her pale face. "It may be overwhelming now, but you'll get in the hang of it, and your room mate will help you."
Cyble was about to ask Lenobia a question when a high pitched screaming sound came from around the corner and two cats, one orange and one grey, came chasing each other down the hall and past the two. "What the...?" Cybele yelled and she backed herself against the wall, lenobia laughted. "Cats, the sacred animal here at the house of night, soon, a cat will choose you." ......

More to come (:

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:38 pm

"A cat will choose me? Don't you mean I will choose a cat?" Cybele asked as she make down from the shock of screaming cats.
Lenobia laughed "No my child, a cat will choose you".
"Oh" Cybele said a bit dumbfounded.
"Everyone loves cats here, even I do, although I am the horse mistress, loving horses is the gift Nyx has granted me with"
"Gift? Loving horses is a gift from the Goddess?"
"Yes, in a way. Every Vampyre has an affinity-what you would call special powers- by the Goddess. It's part of the way we identify our High Priestesses. The affinities can be unusual cognitive skills, like reading minds, or having visions. Or the affinity could be something more physical, like connection to the four elements, or to animals."
"Oh that awesome" Was all Cybele was able to say.
"Lets get you in your room, Im sure your tired and hungry, breakfast is at seven. "
They continued down the hall once more, as Cybele thought about all that has happened today, her mother and the tracker, everything.
"You said classes start at eight? At night?"
"Once you think of it, you'll understand." Was all Lenobia said.
Cybele and Lenobia had come across and opening, and inside there were blue soft sofas and a giant flat screen TV, tables and a kitchen.
I could get use to this Cybele thought to herself.
"Cybele?"
Lenobia's voice broke through her deep thoughts, "Huh? Sorry." was all she could say.
"I must be going, your room is just up those stairs" She pointed to a stair case to the right "room 125"
As Cybele turned to say thank you Lenobia was gone. Shrugging she walked up the stairs slowly, room 120....121.....122.....123......124.....125 ahhh yes my room.
Cybele had taken a deep breath before entering the room, and sure enough a sleeping vampyre was in the first bed closest to the door. She looked around the room, the walls were painted a soft blue, on one half of the room, the sleeping fledgling's dresser and stuff was there, she seemed to have alot of money and a good sense of style.
The other half, Cybele's dresser, bed spread, clothes, make up, and such things sat in the same as it had at her old home...
Old home
It was easier to move away from that place then it should.
Cybele placed her bag on her dresser and looked around, once more. Between the two sides of the room, there was a bathroom, which was also blue, and small.
The shower was clean and so was the rest of the dorm. Thank god I have a clean room mate she thought.
Without thinking Cybele took her black pants made by etnies off and changed into brown areo pj pants, then climbed in bed, oh so warm and comfortable.
At first it felt odd trying to sleep at one in the afternoon, but being a fledgling made it easy to fall asleep.
A new life, at last, a welcoming home.
Cybele drifted off into a deep slumber.

Should I keep writing? Tell me what you think?

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:45 am

I guess ill write more because i am bored. This time in Cybele's point of view.

Chapter 2

An annoying sound kept ringing in my ear, dear god... I mean Goddess what is that?
Forcing myself to sit up straight in my new, very comfortable bed, I looked to my right to see my new room mate sitting at the edge of her bed.
From what I could see this fledgling had long brown hair the laid in loose beautiful curls,
Damn, even bed head makes her hair look pretty
I started to smooth mine out before my room mate turned around to see my rat's nest, to late. She'd turned around and looked at me with a big smile. Her face had a sense of strength to it, a warm welcoming sensation. Her soul piercing blue eyes shinned with happiness.
"Good morning, you must be my new roomy. I'm Antheia."
This new girls happiness took me by surprise.
"Uh, yeah, Hi. Im Kath.... I mean Cybele" I stammered, meeting new people was going to be harder then I thought.
"Still getting use to your new name I see? Well it's time for breakfast Cybele so lets get up, shall we?"
Antheia had gotten out of bed and was pulling clothes from her dresser, she grabbed a pair of nice skinny jeans and a black shirt that had an odd symbol on it.
"Whats that mean?" I asked looking at the symbol on her left boob.
"It's the sign of the first former, like a freshman in high school, you have one too"
I forced myself out of bed and walked to the dresser at the foot of my bed and look in the top of thee dresser to find a black folded shirt just like my room mate's.
"Oh cool" Was all that came to mind to say.
Ignoring whatever Antheia was doing I started brushing my hair, again fighting with the knots that were buried in my hair.
Make up
I reached from my make up and went to apply my foundation when I noticed the out line of a crescent moon on my forehead.
Oddly enough I liked how it looked perfectly on my forehead.
I put my make up on and got dressed, slipping on a pair of American Eagle jeans and my new first former shirt.
"Okay I'm ready" I called to my roomy that was still in the bathroom,
"Ohh I need to brush my teeth" I called again just as she opened the door
"your turn"
I found myself standing in front of the mirror staring at my mark, it was still very odd. I started to brush my teeth when a voice rang inside of my head.
You're beautiful
I knew this voice, it was my father's. He'd always talk to me every morning.
Continuing to brush my teeth with a smile, I was ready to face my new life and a fledgling.
Looking at my new roomy and soon to be BFF we walked to the cafeteria, which oddly they call a dinning hall. Must be a vampyre thing. Giggling to myself I walked into the dinning hall and looked at all the fledglings sitting at tables, to many groups of people, just like high school. Great.
"What do you want for breakfast?"
"Huh?" Antheia's voice broke my daze, i hadnt noticed we'd moved into the line and was standind infront of the food.
"Imma go for a... lucky charms"
I grabbed the cereal off the rack and walked forward, picking up my milk and a spoon, then heading to a table Antheia waved me over too.
I sat next to her infront of four other fledglings. three girls and one boy.
"Everyone this is Cybele, Cybele this is everyone"
All at once everyone said hello, waved and smiled.
"Hi every..."
My words were cut off when the dinning hall grew silent, everyone turned and looked at the entrance. A young fledgling... no vampyre walked in, short blonde curls bouncing with every step, her red markings danced around her face. Her country girl get up looking totally out of style.
"Who is that?" I whispered to Antheia.
"Thats Stevie Rae, the first red vampyre,"
"Red vampyre? What is that?" I asked, feeling like a total idiot.
"A series of fledglings died and came back to life as a different kind of fledglings, their markings are red and not blue like our's. She's the first to actually mature into a full red vampyre. She also holds and affinity for earth" The only boy sitting at the table explained, and gosh was this boy hot.
"Oh, thats.... alot."
"Yeah she's actually really cool" The boy said again.
Stevie Rae smiled at everyone and the chattered continued like nothing happened.
I finally looked over to the boy who spoke to me. He was starring at me, my gaze met his, and locked.
"Im sorry I didn't catch your name"
"His name is Alexander," The little strawberry hair head sitting next to him said. "And I'm Chloe"
"Oh, nice to meet both of you." I managed to say as my gaze was still trapped in Alexander's. Finding the ill to look away, I blushed and started pouring my milk into my cereal, and eating it.

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:13 am

Chapter 3

"Lenobia could I get my schedule and a tour of where my classes will be?"
"Sure thing." Lenobia pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket, and handed it to me.
"Lets get going!" I said trying to sound happy.
"Excited are we?" Lenobia laughed and walked me from the horse stables in to the building, "You should know this is your third period, just like normal school"
"Oh cool, I love horses" Which was true, I liked horses alot.
As we walked into the building my first class was to my right, Fledgling 101. I didnt walk into the room, nervous to interrupt a teachers lesson, we walked further to the right, five doors down, Vampyre history. From then on all my classes were almost right next to each other.
"That should be all, do you remember how to get back to the dorms?"
"I do believe so." I was so glad my voice sounded more sure then I felt.
"Good, I have classes to get to, see you soon."
I waved after her as she disappeared into the shadows of the school.
Okay Cybele, lets get back to the dorms,
Unsure I let my feet guide me back, thank goddess they knew the way back. As I walked into the common room, there were girls sitting on the big blue sofa's staring at the flat screen like a bunch of zombies watching America's Next Top Model
Ignoring them I walked into the kitchen, I wasnt sure what to find, maybe alot of healthy stuff, but I was wrong. The first cabinet I opened has little bags of chips in it, I reached for the Doritos, Cool Ranch of course.
I wonder if there is blood in the fridge At the thought of blood my mouth watered and my throat burned. Great I mumbled to myself, and with a deep breath I opened the fridge.
YES! my mind scream, baggies of blood filled the top shelf, I grabbed one, and a Dr. Pepper.
I walked out of the kitchen making sure no one was paying attention to me, I hurried up stairs.
I dont know why I didnt want anyone to see me, of course they'd drink it too.
Shrugging off my weird feelings I hurried into my room, Antheia was gone, good.
I ripped open the baggie o' blood with my teeth, and guzzled it down. Oh man it tasted so good. The burning in my throat had stopped and my body felt a jolt of energy rush through me like I had just chugged two red bulls at once.
Feeling alot better then I did, I sat on my bed and turned on the flat screen that sat on top of my dresser. I flipped through the channels will I found Reno 911. (Hehe)
Opening my chips and drink, I relaxed. I could tell I was really gonna like it here.

Hours had passed as I sat in bed watching TV, just as my stomach let out a vicious growl, Antheia opened the door.
"Dinner time girl." She said as she set her books on her end table.
"Oh good." Hoping out of bed I followed her out of the dorm and back down there stairs, this time more girls filled the common room.
We had walked down the hall in silence, actually I totally forgot what I was doing untill I slammed right into the dinning hall doors.
Rubbing my face I looked around to see if anyone was watching, thankfully, no one saw.
I walked through the door, and stood in line with Antheia.
"You know Cybele, your really quiet for a new comer, I figured you'd be asking about what your death would be like if your body rejected the change."
It took Antheia a moment to realize what she just said and looked at me. "Oh Im sorry"
My eyes were wide, almost like they were gonna pop out. "D-die? Death?" I was in utter shock.
"Well some fledglings' bodies reject the change and well, they die. She looked at me like I should understand, and I did actually. "It's a sad thing, but we are forced to forget about it and the fledgling."
"Well wont they come back like Stevie Rae?"
"No, Neferet our old High Priestess went bad and brought the dead back to life, making a new kind of fledgling." She explained.
"Oh, so we don't have a high priestess?" I asked.
"Oh no. We do, her name is Zoey Redbird, she's Stevie Rae's BFF actually, she's in Italy with the rest of her friends, Stark, Aphrodite, Darius, Damian, Jack, Erin, and Shaunee. She should be back soon, I do hope."
"Oh I understand now." Not really.
After our conversation, we picked our dinner and walked to the table we sat at for breakfast. Everyone else was already there, including the hottie Alexander, who I totally hit it off with.
"Hello Cybele." Alexander smiled as I sat infront of him.
"Hi there" I was so glad my voice didnt crack from being so nervous.
"How was your day?"
"Umm, it was good, I got my schedule from Lenobia," I handed him my schedule.
His smile meant I had atleast one class with him. Ha, one? Understatement, try all except one.
"Well we'll get to know each other very well." Hi voice had a hint of flirt in it.
I couldnt help but smile, I liked the idea of getting to know him.
"Yeah" Was all I managed to say.
Well this is embarrassing

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Lunch went by fast then normal.
Alexander smiled at me, alot. Im not complaining, his smile was perfect, made any girl go gaga.
Haha, gaga I giggled at myself.
We were all walking back to the court yard. Lush green grass, a beautiful stone fountain which looked to be Nyx, which rose bushes of assorted colors around the edge of the fountain.
We all sat on the grass next to the fountain, to my surprise Alexander sat next to me, I smiled at him.
We talked about little things, I wasn't paying much attention, I was thinking to myself.
A sudden weight on my shoulders brought me from my constant babble, as I looked to see Alexander's arm was around my shoulders. Instantly I let him pull me to his side.
It felt nice being in his arms, felt right.
Again, something broke through my mind babble, Alexander's voice calling my name.
"Huh?" I looked at him, he was now standing.
"The sun is coming up, we gotta get inside beautiful."
I could feel my face turn bright red. "Oh yeah, okay"
He pulled me up to my feet and we walked back to the dorms together, where we split ways, but not before a long hug.

I entered the common room to find Antheia standing there with a huge grin on her face.
"Whats with you and Alex, huh?"
"Nothing." I felt my face turn rd again.
"Mhm, I'm sure."

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Chapter 4

After eating, Antheia, Alexander, and I walked to my dorm. I was oddly very nervous. Alexander's hand rubbed against mine and I looked up at him, he smiled down at me, and I smiled back as he held my hand. We came up to the door he opened it and held it open for Antheia and I.
"Here you go my lady." He said as I walked by him.
"Aww, thank you."
I sat on my bed and kicked my feet as I sat at the edge, the door closed and Alexander sat next to me.
"Is there anything to do in this place?" I asked as Antheia walked into the bathroom.
"No not really." She called.

Back to top Go down
Cybele
Cybele

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 am

I looked over to Alexander and he smiled at me, then it hit me. What about a movie I wasn't to sure if it was a good idea but it was worth a shot, it gave us something to do.
"Antheia, what about a movie?" I called to her.
"Sounds good, but it's four in the morning, the sun will be coming up soon and we don't have money." she said as she walked out of the bathroom.
"Yeah true, well lets just put a movie in on the TV." I smiled at Alexander. Hell it gave me a chance to cuddle with him on my bed I thought to myself.
"Sure." Antheia said as she looked through her movies.
She picked out "The Last House on The Left." I put it in. I watched Alexander lay back on my bed with him arm spread across the pillow so I had no choice but to lay on his arm. I sat bad and laid my head on his chest, as he wrapped his arm around me.

The movie started and as the scary moment came I hid my face in Alexander's chest and yelped. His arms got tighter around me and I looked up into his sweet eyes. I was automatically lost in his gaze, he leaned in and kissed me. His lips tingled against mine as I kissed him back. He pulled the covers over us and wrapped both arms around me, still kissing me. His hands slid down my back, down passed my butt and onto my legs, his warm touch sent chills down my spin causing me to shiver and move closer to him. He broke the kiss.
"We can't do this tonight, especially with Antheia here." he whispered against my neck.
I shivered, "I know." and laid my head against his chest.
We stayed like that all night, or day, I do believe. I woke up in the same possition with his strong pale arms around me. I felt at home, complete and happy. I didn't want to move, but I knew Antheia would be waking up soon and I would have to get up for class. I stayed there for a little while longer till Antheia's alarm went off then I sat up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new beginning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new beginning   A new beginning Empty

Back to top Go down

A new beginning
Page 1 of 1