House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Never Ending Thunder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

Never Ending Thunder Empty
PostSubject: Never Ending Thunder   Never Ending Thunder EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:53 am

Never Ending Thunder Nevere11

Prologue

Emily sat down on the dock and looked out at the water. She knew coming here was stupid, but oh well. She had felt like going here today. She wasn’t really sure why, since it was practically forbidden to go to this dock. Or even close to this dock actually.

The reason people – the people in town – weren’t allowed to go here was because strange things happened here. People always drowned here. Emily actually thought that it was because the people who had gone here couldn’t swim, but that thought didn’t seem to occur to anyone else.

And then there was the other side of the lake. Constant thunder. It never stopped, never. No one knew when it begun, but many people are saying that it won’t ever stop. Even now Emily could see the huge lightening strike down from the sky. The lightening always struck the same town. It was now called the Lightening Town. The people there were long gone. Either they had escaped – which was very unlikely – or they had died. Yeah, many deaths happened around this place. Not that fun. If anyone knew Emily had been here she would probably be grounded for the rest of her life. Plus having a bodyguard or something watching her every move. Do you know how annoying that would be? Knowing her parents they would probably make sure that she wasn’t allowed to kiss anyone, or even hug anyone of the male race. Probably not even her dog.

Emily sighed and looked around. Her gaze swept past a rock on the water, and she did a double take. Oh My God. There was a boy sitting there. Out on a rock in the middle of the water. Was he crazy? What if he fell in? Oh God, what if he died? Maybe he was stuck there? Emily could feel panic take over and she started to wave her arms in the air.

“Hello! Hello! I’m coming I’m coming! Stay where you are!” she yelled at the top of her lungs before diving in. she had to admit, she wasn’t a great swimmer, and he was pretty far out.

She was just going to have to do it. She had to save the little boy. She swam as fast as she could, taking deep breaths. Suddenly she felt someone take a hold of her foot, dragging her down under the surface. She struggled to get up again, already running out of air and coughing, which wasn’t good since she was under water. She turned and tried to kick whatever was pulling her deeper down under the surface.

She couldn’t breath anymore, and her hands were clutching her throat. She opened her eyes, which widened in shock. The little boy was the one who had pulled her under. His red eyes were blazing, and Emily wondered how he had reached her so fast. His small hands reached up and removed her hands from her throat, replacing them with his own.

She couldn’t stop staring into his eyes. It was like she was spellbound. She wanted to reach up and stop him from choking her, but her body wasn’t listening. It had already started to blacken before her eyes, and the last thing she saw was the little boys twisted smile and red eyes.

To Comment Please Go Here

Last edited by Nightchild on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Never Ending Thunder   Never Ending Thunder EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:53 am

Chapter One

Amanda wiped away the last tears from her face, taking deep, shaky breaths. She was heartbroken, she felt as if she couldn’t breathe. When she had heard that Emily had died, she felt as if a part of her had died too.

She couldn’t understand why Emily had gone to the bridge in the first place. Their whole life they have been taught to never ever go there, never go near the bridge, and Emily had done just that. She had even swum in the water. Why had she done that? It was suicide just thinking about it!

The thing that hurted Amanda the most, was that they couldn’t even go get her body from the water. A by passer had watched her get pulled down under the surface, and not come up again. He had called the ambulance, but they had refused to come. They had refused to even try to save Emily, saying that it was her own fault. So now she was gone.

“Amanda, honey, you have to go to school now” her mother, Julia said softly. Amanda nodded and got up from her bed, grabbing her backpack from the floor. Her mother was right of course. Just because her best friend had died, didn’t mean that she could miss school. Though it would be hard to meet all the crying faces of her friends.

She took another deep breath before leaving their little house and starting to walk the five minute walk to school. She always walked early to school, so she wouldn’t be late, even though it only took five minutes. Not today though, today she walked when there were only ten minutes left before school started.

“Amanda!” Arizona said, throwing her arms around her when she entered the school. Amanda hugged her back, trying not to start crying again. She didn’t want to cry again. Crying over someone who had died in the way Emily had was a weakness, according to the grownups. Her parents understood of course, but they still didn’t like the fact that she cried about it.

“I miss her” Arizona whispered before pulling away and smiling slightly. “My mom and dad yelled at me when I started to cry. They don’t understand.”

Amanda shook her head and sighed. Arizona’s parents had always been cruel people, which was one reason why Arizona could be downright mean sometimes. She was a great friend though, and always had your back.

“Why does that not surprise me?” Amanda said and forced a smiled, making Arizona laugh a bit.

“They’re not that terrible” she said.

“They are that terrible” Amanda stated.

“You’re right, they are” Arizona laughed. She didn’t actually think it was funny, but it was better to laugh it off than to cry and complain about it.

“How do you think the teachers will talk about it?” Amanda asked, grabbing her books from her locker before walking to class with Arizona.

“The usual way of course; a long lecture about what’s right and wrong to do, how irresponsible Emily was and how that stupid move lead to her death. It’s the same every time” she sighed.

“I have to agree with the teachers though. She knew she shouldn’t have gone there. Everybody knows that you should not go there” Amanda murmured.

“Well, we all do stupid mistakes sometimes. I don’t blame her” Arizona muttered as they entered the classroom.

They found their teacher yelling at Sophie, Emily’s sister, for crying. This only caused Sophie to cry even more, and the teacher yelling even louder.

“It was her own stupid mistake! Now wipe those tears away!”

“Can you give her a break?! She just lost her sister for God’s sake!” Arizona snapped and hurried over to Sophie, hugging her tightly.

“That’s no excuse” the teacher sneered, walking back to her desk.

Amanda walked over to Sophie too, and sat down beside her.

“I miss her” Sophie whispered, wiping her tears away.

“We all do” Amanda whispered back, squeezing her hand lightly.

Last edited by Nightchild on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Never Ending Thunder   Never Ending Thunder EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 am

Chapter Two

After the school day was over the three girls left the school together, holding hands to comfort each other.

“I want to go there” Sophie suddenly whispered as they walked down the street.

“Go where?” Amanda asked her, keeping her eyes on the busy road beside them. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach,

“The dock, I need to see it” she said in a louder voice this time, looking determined.

“You can’t do that” Amanda said quickly.

“I want to see the place where my sister died. I don’t even know what it looks like. Do any of you do?” Sophie questioned.

Arizona shook her head, blonde hair falling over her shoulders in big waves. “No I don’t. But it looks like any dock, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah it probably does. Besides, we can’t go close to there, we’re not allowed to” Amanda insisted.

“That didn’t stop Emily from going there…”

“And look how she ended up” Amanda said, and instantly regretted it when she saw the hurt in Sophie’s eyes. “Okay, we can look at it. But we won’t go close” she said.

“This will be fun” Arizona smiled while rubbing her hands together. “We need some adventure in our lives.”

Amanda laughed a bit at her expression before they kept on walking, but now towards the dock. The walk there was quiet, and the tension in the air seemed to increase as they got closer.

“Well, this is it” Amanda said and stopped walking. Further away they could see the empty dock and the still dark water, and on the other side the lightening as it struck down from the dark sky.

“It’s weird, how there isn’t a cloud here, but so many over there” Sophie said with wonder, watching another lightning bolt come down from the sky. She jumped a bit as she heard the loud thunder, echoing in the silence around them.

“There aren’t any birds here” Arizona commented, looking around. “In fact, there aren’t any animals around here. There are only we and the trees that are alive.”

“The trees don’t look that alive to me” Amanda said, glancing around them. The leaves on the trees were either grey or falling down. The bad feeling in Amanda’s stomach grew bigger as another wave of thunder echoed.

“This picture looks so wrong” Arizona breathed. “This can’t really be possible.”

“Let’s go closer” Sophie encouraged and they walked a bit closer.

“I wonder if there are any fish in the water.”

“I doubt that” Sophie said. She was amazed by the place. Somehow, it didn’t seem dangerous. It looked beautiful, no matter what Amanda and Arizona were saying.

“Let’s go swim” she smiled at them.

“Yeah, it doesn’t look that dangerous” Arizona agreed.

“No guys I really think we should be heading back” Amanda said nervously, glancing towards the water and then behind them. “As in, right now.”

“Come on, relax. Have some fun” Arizona said and pulled her sweater up over her head while kicking off her shoes.

“Guys, this is where Emily died. We really shouldn’t swim here.”

“This is a great way honoring her” Sophie said.

“No, really, it’s not. Let’s just-“ Amanda started but the girls had already started running towards the water in only their underwear.

Amanda knew she was going to regret this later, but she pulled off her clothes and followed the girls into the warm water.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Ending Thunder   Never Ending Thunder Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Ending Thunder
Page 1 of 1