House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neferet's Curse

Go down 
+9
pebi
GoddessLuna
VampyreFreak
Nightchild
tdb1997
WazzuMan
ZoeRedbird
Erinacchi
Emo Kitty
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Emo Kitty
Admin
Admin
Emo Kitty

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Luna Moon
Affinities : Fire, Darkness

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:13 am

I found on a book website that there will be another HoN Book, but this one is about Neferet.
There was no synopsis available and the bad news, it won't be released until July 17th 2012

What do you think this will be about?
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:12 am

Maybe it'll explain why Neferet became so evil (as in was it just because of her crappy dad or was there something else too). Nevertheless I'm interested in it, a lot.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
Emo Kitty
Admin
Admin
Emo Kitty

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Luna Moon
Affinities : Fire, Darkness

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:26 am

I agree with you, there must be something in her past life that makes her who she is now.
I think it will be a preview of her life before and after she was Marked, and the run through of her life like been in the HoN, and how she became a High Priestess.
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:18 am

I agree with you two there.
it might be an insight of what her past holds that she wont tell anyone about, and a reason as to why she chose Darkness.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:52 am

She was being raped by her own father for like five years before she was Marked. If that wasn't enough to completely mess her up for life, I don't know what else would.
Back to top Go down
tdb1997
Going about a regular day
tdb1997

Female Libra Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Ellena Salvator
Affinities : Fire

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 3:49 am

I know Neferet's evil but she is one of my fav characters to read from and i really want to see whats going to happen But i now her father hurt her but i don't think that caused her to go evil right away bc if you remember she told Zoey in the Marked that Nyx was her svaior because of what her father had done to her then Kalona started to get to her turning what hate she had into pure evil but it will be interesting to read

If im wrong about something please let me know
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:02 pm

I found this cover on tumblr. I don't now if it's official or a fan-made cover, but it does resemble the cover for Lenobia's Vow, and it does look very real. I think it's very beautiful either way. I hope it's the official one.

Neferet's Curse Tumblr12

I'm very excited for this book. I really want to know more about Neferet's childhood and history. She's turned out quite interesting, and I'd like to see how she turned out that way.
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Karena Drako
Affinities : Writting and Death

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:40 pm

That is the official Cover, it's on the back of Lenobia's Vow. According to Wikipedia, the book is actually supposed to be released in January 8, 2013. Here's also what it says on Wikipedia.

"In the third House of Night novella, the secret history we've all been waiting for is finally revealed. Neferet, the Tulsa House of Night's darkly seductive High Priestess, wasn't always a powerful vampyre but she has always been beautiful. Raised in turn-of-the-century Chicago in a motherless home, her beauty makes her the prey of unwanted attention and abuse, leaving her with scars that will never heal – and a Darkness that will eventually need to find its way out. But when she is Marked and gains strength, both physical and magickal, she turns her anger into power and looks for a way to regain what was stolen from her. From victim to High Priestess, beautiful young woman to powerful seductress, Neferet's journey begins.."

This info was also taken from here: http://www.amazon.com/Neferets-Curse-House-Night-Novellas/dp/1250000254/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=IMCWV3JEX1R7&colid=1MVDNE9VVMKWD
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
GoddessLuna
Discovering you have an affinity for Fire
Discovering you have an affinity for Fire
GoddessLuna

Female Libra Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Luna Kaira
Affinities : Darkness

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm

I still wouldn't forgive her =( Shes a meanie name D: She enslaved Kalona D<
Back to top Go down
pebi
pebi

Female Aries Pig

Character sheet
Name: pebi
Affinities :

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:57 am

nice cover Smile I think her past was very painful that leads her to succumb to Darkness.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/peyborito
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:31 am

She didn't actually enslave Kalona, they just thought she had. Besides he had it coming to him and would have certainly served him right. Too bad he discovered that little loophole a little too soon for my liking.
Back to top Go down
watervampire_nyx
Going to the House of Night
Going to the House of Night
watervampire_nyx

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: kuoyoki yuki icesabella iceleia darkstar nightshade shadowheart
Affinities : water,ice,visios,darkness,fire,electricity

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:38 pm

i can't wait for it to come out, i already read all the books in the series and dragon's oath, i want to read lenobia's vow, and this one already sounds good, i love these novellas about the ppl in the books, i wonder who they will write about next??????
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Karena Drako
Affinities : Writting and Death

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:51 am

Dragon. Lenobia and Neferet are the only ones they are going to write about. They are the characters that we know and are popular, so they wanted us to have more knowledge of their pasts and to understand why they are doing what they are.
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Bella-Rose
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:19 am

My problem with these novellas is that this information about Dragon's, Lenobia's and Neferet's back-history should have been included in the original series. They're not even full length novels, it's just a marketing gimic.

It's these novellas, combined with the downward spiral of writing quality in the HoN series, that make find it difficult to take PC and Kristen Cast seriously as writers.
Back to top Go down
kittyredbird88
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
kittyredbird88

Female Gemini Cat

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 am

Regardless, I still want to read it. It sounds really cool, and it gives some back story. If they put all of that in the main books, the books would just get too huge, and besides, you would just get distracted from the main plot.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:22 am

WazzuMan wrote:
She was being raped by her own father for like five years before she was Marked. If that wasn't enough to completely mess her up for life, I don't know what else would.

Completely agree with you there, especially considering the attitude that a lot of men have towards victims of either gender ("she was asking for it" or "then he's not a real man and deserves what he got") and the prevailing attitude with women that they remain silent about it enough to drive anyone bat-sh!t crazy. The irony is that she has become the very thing she hates the most
Back to top Go down
staythenight
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
staythenight

Female Libra Rat

Character sheet
Name: Lexi
Affinities : Weather

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

I really wanna read it
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:04 am

I bought Neferet's Curse earlier this month and read it. Honestly, I never thought I'd sympathize or feel sorry for her but I did. The book was absolutely horrible - theme-wise, not writing-wise, the writing was good and very believable. The theme just... Neferet being abused by her father... Gods.

I think I need to read it a couple more times. It has so many layers that one time isn't enough for my brain to understand them all.

But I really recommend you to read it. Now I definitely understand Neferet better.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 2:12 am

I finally got around to reading the book. I was curious to find out what made Neferet tick.

Villians are often far more interesting than their hero counterparts. Look at the Joker, Magneto or Loki. Neferet is not in the same league as any of them. I feel a little sorry for the girl that she was, she was a victim of the times as much as of her father. But really she had it right by the end of the book, she let others who had no respect for her feelings or well-being dictate her fate. At the same time she is guilty of not being honest and worrying too much that others would question her sanity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neferet's Curse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neferet's Curse   Neferet's Curse Empty

Back to top Go down

Neferet's Curse
Page 1 of 1