House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:51 am

Decided to just make one topic for both these film series because they make a set.

So, what do you think of the films of LotR and The Hobbit? Personally I love both series (even though there's so far only one Hobbit film) and I watch LotR as often as I can. Haven't purchased The Hobbit just yet because I'm waiting for the extended edition.

... and this fandom is eating my soul. Just saying. I've never been into a fandom the way I'm into The Hobbit before.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:05 pm

lol^

i love the lotr and the hobbit. i have the extended ed for the lotr, and have the hobbit on dvd....which afterwards i was like duh, cause i will get the extended lol.

i think they did a marvelous job with both. i had slight trepidation for the hobbit as many people complained that it was slow, and not good. when i finally went to the theater, i was simply blown away. jackson did it again, creating another masterpiece, and quite faithfully following the book...slow? hardly. i enjoyed every second.
yea the goblin king was a bit cartoonish, but i won't complain. there are several "species" and these are another breed then what we see in the lotr.

lotr, was also amazing. true, there are a few extra scenes that don't exist, but i love them, and it's not out of context. it does nothing to disrupt the flow of the movie.

what i wonder though is how the hobbit will play out in three movies....after all, the hobbit is a small book, and the complete lotr is large. they did one for each book, yet for the hobbit they are doing three.
despite so, i'm a very much a fan, and i look forward to the last 2. if jackson can keep it up (to which i have pretty much no doubt) then it will be a fantastic ride.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

Amaya Nightingale wrote:
what i wonder though is how the hobbit will play out in three movies....after all, the hobbit is a small book, and the complete lotr is large. they did one for each book, yet for the hobbit they are doing three.
despite so, i'm a very much a fan, and i look forward to the last 2. if jackson can keep it up (to which i have pretty much no doubt) then it will be a fantastic ride.
From what I've gathered Peter Jackson adds bits and pieces from the appendix of Return of the King (the book) and stuff like that. So we'll for example get to know what Gandalf goes to do when the dwarves and Bilbo are in Mirkwood and face some spiders and unfriendly elves et cetera.
And I'm thinking they'll also elaborate some scenes, like Battle of Five Armies (the only scene I'm really scared of because it's a major big deal for me).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySat May 18, 2013 11:27 am

Erinacchi wrote:
Amaya Nightingale wrote:
From what I've gathered Peter Jackson adds bits and pieces from the appendix of Return of the King (the book) and stuff like that. So we'll for example get to know what Gandalf goes to do when the dwarves and Bilbo are in Mirkwood and face some spiders and unfriendly elves et cetera.
And I'm thinking they'll also elaborate some scenes, like Battle of Five Armies (the only scene I'm really scared of because it's a major big deal for me).

i've heard about that! well if he really is going to do that, i'm all eyes Razz this has potential if done right Smile
yea, i hope they do the battle right. it'll be nice in a way to see more, cause it's brief in the book.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:42 am

It's here. Desolation of Smaug trailer... it's here.

Gods I wish it were December already. 
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:24 am

Erinacchi wrote:

It's here. Desolation of Smaug trailer... it's here.

Gods I wish it were December already. 
Spoiler:

you can say that again!!! i can't wait, it looks like another masterpiece Very Happy

ugh, don't remind me about the battle Angry 
lol!
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:17 am

When There and Back Again comes out, I'm gonna need a whole lot of tissues to the cinema.

Anyway, my reaction to the trailer was pretty much this:
Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Aidangifomg_zps66eb6193
I'd waited for the trailer the whole day the day it was released and when it finally came... well, I couldn't get a coherent word out of my mouth after that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:07 pm

totally understand Very Happy
and yea the last one will be a major tear jerker. i'm prob going to crack under the pressure public or not lol. 

but yea, i'm so excited for it to come out, Jackson has done a brilliant job as usual.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:03 pm

New DoS trailer.

Smaug's voice O_O Benedict is everything I've ever imagined Smaug to sound like. Mark me down as scared and horny.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 pm

So I really loved Desolation of Smaug. It was really awesome <3
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:24 pm

^ i agree. Luved the movie, it was just so awesome  Razz love the new character addition, (Tauriel) but the love thing? eh i don't know. it's more of a puppy love, so i'd say it's cute.

the dragon?? omg i was so impressed. well done, and awesome voice.

the last one can't come fast enough!!
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:41 pm

The Battle of the Five Armies trailer

This movie is going to be the death of me, I know it.

And please please please give Fíli a bigger part! He's the bloody heir to the bloody throne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit   Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
Page 1 of 1