House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lady NightMare
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Lady NightMare

Female Virgo Horse

My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic. Empty
PostSubject: My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic.   My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:35 am

here is something that i've been thinking about publishing, please let me know of what you think.

Crazy In A World Of Magic

By Amanda Christine Hernández

Prologue

When you are facing life, death, love, and hate, you begin to think about your life. What could have been, should have been, the rights and wrongs, you continue to wish that you could do it all over again. I never really thought that I would have any regrets, but now that I am facing all of this, I wish that I could take back everything starting from the night that I started playing witches and warlocks with my pretend friend Sean. That’s when all of the trouble started, he said that the game was too grown up for me and that I’d never be able to really be like a witch. Well, I proved him wrong because the last time I ever played that game was the last time my family thought that I was a normal girl. After that night, I wasn’t allowed to talk to Sean anymore and that big girls don’t have fake friends. Eventually, he left me alone, and I grew up. I still miss him, especially when I have no one to talk to because I am home schooled. My parents said that they didn’t want me to deal with what people are like. Am I not like them? Didn’t they, my over protective parents go to public school? Yes they did… but they said I am special and therefore I need better treatment. I don’t feel special though. I just feel like me… plain old Christine Rodriguez.

Chapter One

I stared outside my window, watching the people walking by. I so wanted to be like them… able to walk out of my own house and meet new people, do things, shop, be like everyone else. I was 17 years old and I had never once crossed the streets in my neighborhood. I laughed at myself, thinking how foolish I was to think that as long as I was being watched by what I call mom and dad I would never leave. I took in a few deep breaths and closed my eyes. Imagining what it would be like to feel the grass on my toes. Would it be soft and squishy? Or would it hurt and itch? That, as dumb as it may sound, was something that I had always dreamed of knowing. As I watched the little kids go onto the bus for their first day of school I thought about how I was supposed to be a high school senior. On the television it was made out to be the hardest and best time of your high school life. I wouldn’t know.
My mom knocked on my door. She poked her head in; at first I only saw her curly dark chocolate hair, then her round-ish head. She saw me looking out the window making her come in with disgust. She was a short person, about my height and too skinny for her own good. She had lighter skin then me for some reason but I didn’t understand why. “Honey, are you ready to ea-“ she sighed. “I know it’s hard for you to just stay in the house sometimes, but-“
“Stop mom. Please. I already know what you are going to say, you say the same thing every year.” I got up and started to walk out. “ ‘Trust me, you don’t want to be out there, you are too special for that. You are better off in here where you are loved.’” I mimicked my mother voice. “You say the same words every year mother, so please spare me.”
Her lips thinned out a bit. “Well what would you have me do, let you go out?” She snorted and rolled her eyes, obviously hating the idea.
“You know that’s what I want!” I yelled at her.
“We’ve talked about this,” you could tell that she was trying to stay calm. “You’re just too-“
“I don’t want to be special, I want to go out there! I am hating being in this stupid house, with no reason then I am ‘special’” I swore and the thought of being special.
“Watch your mouth. Don’t talk to me like that, show me some respect.”
“Respect?! Is that some kind of a joke?!” I almost laughed. I got in fights like this with my parents a lot. Obviously, I didn’t like being locked up with no real legit reason. I was too old to still be falling for that. “I hate not having friends, not being able to have a car, or even walk around!” the list went on…
“Look, all I came up here for what to ask if you were ready for breakfast, not to deal with your mindless rebellions!” she remarked.
“Mindless rebellions? This isn’t even close to that! This is I saying, mom I am getting older and I am not going to live in this house forever and I need to know what’s out there, and in order for me to do that you have to let me out there! “ I heard myself, the repletion meant that I was too angry to make a sensible argument that I would be able to suede her of her lock downs.
“Look, maybe when you are older your father and I will consider-“
“Mom, just stop. Please. I really don’t want to talk about this anymore. It’s obvious that what is the best thing for me you don’t want. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to go downstairs and make myself something to eat.” I walked passed her, leaving here there in my room.
My mom had me some eggs and bacon already made for me when I got down there, but this time, I rebelliously poured myself a bowl of cereal. My father just looked at me in some confusion as he ate his toast. Understanding my silence he finally nodded and decided to speak.
“She’s just trying to do what is best for you, Christine.” He took another bite of his toast as I sat down.
“How is keeping me locked up in this house ‘best for me’?” I made quote motions with my fingers. I took my spoon and dipped it into the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. “Daddy, this is ridiculous, I mean – never mind. I am just going to sound like a broken record and I am sick and tired of repeating myself like this.” I took my bowl, and got up. “I’ll be in my room.” I took my bowl as my mother came into the dining room. I didn’t look at either of them as I let and walked up stairs.
It was easy for me to say the words that I needed to be outsides, but it was be too easy if I were actually granted the permission to do so. I hated my parents for keeping me in here like this. For years I thought about running away, just to get out. I knew that that was dumb because I didn’t know the world, the laws, the people, I didn’t know a single thing. I mean, what if the spoke a different language then me? I would be in the land of translation. Truly, there was nothing that I could do. I gulped down my milk as heard my mother coming back towards my room. Great. I didn’t want to deal with her right now. I grabbed my iPod Touch and turned on the music in my ears. Once she saw what I had done she just nodded and walked back out.
It was less then an hour before my mother came, once again, into my room. Following her was Mr. Hemp. I used to giggle at his name after I once came across the definition of hemp. He was a plump white man who wore the stereotype glasses, you know, the ones that have thick frames and make his eyes look about a half size bigger. His un-brushed hair told me that he was out late last night at some sort of a bar. He had his routines. About once a week he’d go out to a bar and get drunk, hopping to fall in love and wake up no longer in love, instant gratification. By the way he was yawning, tie uneven, and a frown on his face, the only thing that he succeeded in was the drunkenness. I almost felt bad for him. Although, I am sure that no respectable woman would live with a depressing drunk like him. He needed to stop feeling sorry for himself and just ask a girl out. Then again, who am I to talk?
I walked to my desk, and didn’t even look at my mother. She left. Leaving the door open. He looked at me and smiled like a like high school nerds like I had seen on T.V. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.
So, how are you doing Miss Christine?” He asked as he placed some books on my desk.
I told you, you could call me Chris. I don’t like being called Christine. “ I said, or the thousandth time, as I a sat on my seat to the desk.
It is improper of me to call you by your first name like that. I am your teacher, not really your friend. At least from the hours of nine to three.” Mr. Hemp informed me with a put on his glasses and nose. “So shall we begin?” Mr. Hemp had me start with English, where I read a Jane Austin poem that I can’t remember is called. I was a good reader, but with the fluffy that was in this poem I was getting bored and not paying attention to what the words were.
After reading, pre-calculus, and science my stomach started to growl. Loud. He grinned and looked at his watch. “Well, it is almost twelve. Why don’t we just go down now and take an early lunch.” Hemp concluded. I nodded and got up, and walked out of my room, hearing him follow me. He must have been hungry too.
Walking down the stairs I could already smell the bacon. Once I walked into the dining the mouth-watering aroma of bacon sandwiches intoxicated my lungs. I could tell that this was the way my mother was trying to make up for the fight this morning. She thought she was so smart, making my favorite lunch, served with my favorite coo-lade in my black cup. You know what? It was working. My mouth was already watering and my stomach was lunging me at it.
“Wow, Mrs. Rodriguez this smells delicious!” Mr. Hemp said in delight. Once my mother placed the plate in front of him his hands were on the sandwich starting to devour the meal.
I looked at my mother, who had curled her hair and make up was well done, meaning she was going to go out on a date with my dad after he got home. She was smiling at me. I mouthed thank you to her and began to enjoy my meal. She was really sorry for this morning because I could taste the hint of garlic and basil in the bread. Oh yeah, I forgave her.
I was in my room, once again, when I heard my father come home. The only thing that I had heard from either of my parents was “be back home around 8:30” from my dad who closed the door behind them. I watched them back out of the driveway; I smiled and lay back down on my bed. I was watching My Cousin Vinny; it was near the end. After turning off the T.V and finishing my ‘homework’ I still had two hours before my parents were home. I started to think about my day. I was getting angry, so I just shut up eyes and took a few deep breathes.
“Man, they keep you busy, don’t they?” I shot up and looked around, looking for who was speaking to me. Nothing. I lay back down. “I was beginning to think that they never left you alone.” I looked around. I looked in my closet, and only saw a few clothes on the floor. I looked under my bed, just to find some shoes. I must be going crazy. I laughed at myself. I walked down stairs and went to the kitchen to grab myself a glass of milk. I didn’t know why, but milk always seemed to clear my head. Maybe it was to coldness of it. I wasn’t sure. I took a few gulps and closed the fridge, the cup in my hand. I looked out the window. It was still slightly light out, but not enough for me to see my neighbors fence. I just looked out, thinking about how many times I had seen the husband and wife, but had never met the people. I took in a deep sigh. I turned to face the room.
“You know, you could always just walk out.” Said the voice, this time there was a face. A blonde haired, pale skinned, and see through girl standing in front of me. I heard the glass of milk break on the floor and felt the cold liquid splash on my feet. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t scream. I want to scream so loud, but it was like someone tuned on the mute button. She just stared at me. “Wow, this isn’t going how I expected it too.” She said as she looked down at the milk.
“What- who-” I couldn’t get the words to leave my mouth. I lifted my hand and moved it towards the girl. I expected to touch soft supple skin, but when I ended up feeling was cold, bone chilling air in her stomach, where my hand was. “Oh, my God.” I was finally able to mutter out.
“I am not sure God is doing this,” she grinned at me. “So, why don’t we just get this out? I am dead. A ghost.” She said to me like I was stupid. “I have been here for days trying to et your attention, but you weren’t listening to me. Today, I was finally able to talk to you because you were alone.”
“D-D-Days?” I stuttered. “How is this- you’re not real- I’m-“
“You’re not crazy, or dreaming,” she intercepted. “If this were fake, then you’d wake up screaming by now. Right?” She eyed me and then rolled her eyes. “Argh, you are so frustrating! You must be new to this.”
“New? Yeah, I am new to figuring out that I can see ghosts!” I yelled.
“Calm down, will you? Gees. This would be so much easier if you were a kid, they believe the un-believable,” she turned away from me. “Look, I am here to help you get stronger.”
“For what?!” I said finally able to move my feet, which were walking away from her. “This, this isn’t happening. I must just be tired. Yeah, that’s it. I didn’t get enough sleep last night!” I shut my eyes hard as I spoke. When I opened them, she was gone. My hand clapped against my heart. I must have been really tired. I headed towards my room.
I was at the stairs, when the blonde girl appeared on the step in front of me. Only this time she was blue, her skin wrinkled, like a raisin, and she had a deep horizontal cut across her throat. I screamed and fell back. I felt a numbing pain on my butt, I would have cried, if I weren’t so scared. She was walking towards me and was leaning over me. Right then I just wished that something would hit her; something big enough to knock her out. Just then the T.V crashed against the wall. I stared at it wide eyed.
“I told you-“
“No!” I screamed. I was able to get to my feet and run to the door. I turned the knob and bolted out of the door. I was too scared to feel the air on my face, moving through my wavy hair, to see that my feet were on the grass. I had co clue what was going on with me and I just wanted it to stop. She was at the door. Yelling at me. I didn’t hear what she was saying because I was screaming so loud. The people in the houses around me walked out there door. She was at my feet, still looking like she was a raisin. She was reaching for my hand when something grabbed my shoulder. I blacked out.

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnightfans.com/
Lady NightMare
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Lady NightMare

Female Virgo Horse

My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic.   My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:36 am

There was a silence. Darkness. Opening my eyes I saw literally nothing. There was blackness. Something in me was telling me that I was dreaming, but another part was saying that I was wide-awake. I sat up and looked around. I felt like I was in a cartoon. You know, where the person wakes up in blackness, not even a floor to be seen. That is what I had seen, and in a lot of cartoons, that meant that something was coming for me.
I stood up, expecting to fall, looking round, I didn’t see my hair flying up, telling me that gravity was pulling me down into a obis of nightmares. I just stood there. Feeling rather stupid. I began to walk, just moving forward, but I couldn’t see why not go straight.
I was walking for what seemed to be an hour or two. I felt so a lone, and hollow. There was literally nothing around me. I was starting to think that this was a dream, but it made sense to me. So instead of scaring myself in my own head I just kept walking straight.
“So, do you think you can finally talk to me, without the screaming and running away please?” I heard the voice from the kitchen ask me. She seemed a bit annoyed. I turned a bit thinking it was my mind playing tricks on me. I was wrong. She was right there, looking at me, at least she didn’t look like a monster anymore.
“Your screams really are annoying. I remember, when you were younger, you would scream and giggle. You know, even though I am dead you would still someone blow out my ear drums.” I heard another say from behind me. I knew that voice, it was him. My heart began to pound. It can’t be him. He wasn’t – isn’t real. Mom took forever and a day to convince me that Sean wasn’t real! Slowly, I began to turn towards that haunting voice of my past. I looked down. He still looked like the same little boy, his smile, shining at me. I stood there, unable to think, move, speak, anything. This has to be a dream if he is back. “How come you stopped talking to me Chris? I felt so alone… do you hate me?” he asked like a 5 year old would ask anyone. I could see the innocent pout on his lip.
“Because you aren’t real. You never did. You were just something that I made up in-“
“Your mind?” interrupted the girl. “Why do parents always try to tell their kids that ghosts aren’t real? Just because we are dead doesn’t mean that we don’t have feelings. Her voice getting a hint annoyance
“Okay, seriously? Can you both just stop talking?” I asked taking a few deep long breathes. “So, this is really just a bad dream. That, or I am just crazy… or both,” I was mainly talking to myself to calm myself down, but instead I made myself feel even worse.
“But we-“ started the girl.
“I said t please stop talking,” I rudely interrupted.
“Chris, please don’t be so mean to Ellie. Sean asked me like he used to ask me to play. Desperate.
“Look, neither of you are real. If I really am seeing you that means that I am CRAZY!” I yelled at him. Suddenly, I felt like a small child, arguing with my best friend who just so happened to be a pretend person.
“You aren’t crazy! Just stupid! We are ghosts!” Sean started to yell.
“No you aren’t! You are something I made up when I was a little kid because I was small and lonely.”
“You saw me because you to!” because you have a gift to see me other dead people! You can even do more then that!”
“There is no such thing as ghosts!” I continued, sounding like a broken record.
“Fine!” he yelled at me crying. Suddenly, I started to fall. The only way I was able to tell was because they were looking down at me, my hair was flying up and I felt no stopping.
“Help!” I cried as I opened my eyes and started to flail about. Actually, I tried to move but I couldn’t. I was strapped down to the bed.
I was looking around. I could tell by the ugly off color white walls and green molding designs that I was in a hospital.
“Chris are you okay?” My mother came running into the room.
“Why am I in this thing!?” I yelled at her.
“Honey, you were yelling at your father and I about how there are no such thing as ghosts, when you looked at your father you were looking down at his knees like he was talking to you form down there. Once you fainted the doctors and nurses put you in here incase you attacked us.” She was rubbing my head for me. Trying to calm me down.
“I-I attacked you?”
“No, but Sweetheart, you are very sick. You have something wrong with you,” my father stated.
“No, I can’t. That’s not true!” I said starting to get upset. “Let me out of here!”
“Help, Doctor Mason! Someone help us!” my mother cried out the door. Right away three nurses and a doctor came rushing into the room.
“Set something up to sedate her!” the docot said, I think he was the doctor.
“No, don’t you touch me! I am fine just let me get up!” I requested with a bit of force.
“Hold her down,” ordered my father. Right after that two nurses’ hands were cupping my arms and legs, while the third left the room. I couldn’t believe this was actually happening… not to me. I guess that’s what everyone thinks. It would never happen to you. I was calm but the more and more uproar started to make me panic. I remember asking what was going on and why were my parents doing this, but no one would answer me. Suddenly a nurse came in with something that she injected into my arm, I could feel myself slowly starting to fade away.
I was getting rather tired of all of this passing out and forced sleep business. I just wanted answers and everything would have been fine. I felt like I was some kind of freak because I was crazy. maybe that’s what the real world was like, my parents knew I was different so they kept me from the reality of it all. Or was it because I actually see ghosts and they didn’t want anyone finding out about me? Whatever it was, it was starting to cause me A LOT of problems now.
Groggy and blurred out I slowly opened my eyes. I felt like It was out for only a minute, but when I looked out the window it was a new morning.

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnightfans.com/

My Story/ Crazy in a world of Magic.
Page 1 of 1