House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the "scene" with erik and aphrodite

Go down 
+55
WazzuMan
Mrs.Loren.Blake
Catrin Redbird
BookBrat
ZoeyAndStarkForever
milly
Vamp_wannabe
Leah Redbird
Julieeebabe
houseofnightfan
lizzirawrsyu911
ShelbyLeeLoveForever
jamesstark'sgirl!
vampyricXfaerie
Brittni
Maria
>-->C<--< lovely marked
Drippy
Moonerz.
love_always_kills
Hex
Lilith of Night
little_miss_bookworm
Nightchild
Beth.
Erin.
Kedo
Naatika
darkdaughter101
Xasmoth
Katsa
Ayla
VampireLady92
BonnieBennett
futurepriestesshotietia
vadje
crazytaybear
nightgoddess14
!lunerflower!
Hathaway x Moon Huntress
Arainia Cullen416
Astrid
*~*Melodiaudrey*~*
Rose
(¯`·._.·[akasha]·._.·´¯)
Xxclaiiree<3starkxX
T_Z
vamp in hiding 82443
daughter of night
BLUEVAMPHOTTIE
Alice C.
darianHEARTstark
Harley
Lilybloomus
bobbie
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:28 pm

lol XD
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Rose

Female Taurus Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Rose Fletcher
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Ok, so I found my mother reading Betrayed yesterday, I told her that it was the second book and she said, 'I know...I read the first one already'
So I guess she really couldn't care less since she's on Chosen now XP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:57 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
little_miss_bookworm
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
little_miss_bookworm

Female Gemini Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Skyler
Affinities : Water

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:21 am

I was lucky when I was younger as my mum never felt the need to check books before I read them. I think she was just thankful I decided to stay indoors and read rather than go out, get drunk and cause a scene like most of the kids in our area!

However, if she did read it, I don't think she'd care. She's not silly, she knows what goes on in the world at the mo. Also, we've both read a heck of a lot worse and swap books so we both know what the other reads! I'm lucky to have such an understanding mum I love you love her to pieces for giving me the same passion for reading XP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:58 pm

my mom is the same way
Back to top Go down
Naatika
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Naatika

Female Posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Haha My mother read some of the most trashy romance novels I have ever seen while I was growing up and encouraged me to read them too. =P Implications of a bj wouldn’t have even gotten her excited. Theres no real detail and the segment is not graphic.
Because of HoN’s deep Wiccan themes I suspect my mom will probably borrow the series from me at some point. Overall I’m just happy that books with magical and vampire themes in them have increased in popularity. There was a time when practically everything I found on the shelf was a bland story with no magical or fantasy elements. It’s not that I hate things that aren’t “earth religion or fantasy” themed, as that would just be stupid. I just get more personal enjoyment out of them. =]
Back to top Go down
Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Rose

Female Taurus Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Rose Fletcher
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:38 pm

little_miss_bookworm wrote:
I was lucky when I was younger as my mum never felt the need to check books before I read them. I think she was just thankful I decided to stay indoors and read rather than go out, get drunk and cause a scene like most of the kids in our area!

However, if she did read it, I don't think she'd care. She's not silly, she knows what goes on in the world at the mo. Also, we've both read a heck of a lot worse and swap books so we both know what the other reads! I'm lucky to have such an understanding mum I love you love her to pieces for giving me the same passion for reading XP

I don;t think my mum could care less either, she reads romances all the time and they're so much more graphic then anything of mine. She's never checked my books before I read them, she justs gets bored and reads mine when she's read all hers. I do the same with her books and my dads too XP

She's rather me be inside reading at my age anyway..other people my age party and drink
Back to top Go down
Beth.
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx

Female Posts : 34

Character sheet
Name: Beth Mackay
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 am

the only books of mine my mum has read is twilight and she already knows about the blow job part because i started laughing and she laughed when i told her.
Back to top Go down
VampireLady92
VampireLady92

Female Aries Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Güleser
Affinities : Water and Air^^

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
http://the-deep-ocean.de.tl/
Lilith of Night
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Zara

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:55 am

I think that that scene added realism to it. Kids get exposed to sex so much earlier now, than in the past. I think it's naive to think that a 15/16 year old doesn't know what a blow job is. So sure some parents might be offended by it, but at the same time kids are being exposed to sex on TV and movies. If parents don't talk about sex to their kids, someone else will beat them to it. When I was in high school, everyone I knew pretty much had some form of sex already by the time they were a sophomore or junior. One friend of mine was pregnant our junior year. I think that sex has become normal to teenagers now. It's like if you don't do it, you're weird.
Back to top Go down
little_miss_bookworm
little_miss_bookworm

Female Gemini Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Skyler

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 pm

It does say on the back of the UK books that its not suitable for younger readers and I can totally understand why. Im only 21 but I think there is waaaaaaaaay too much sex shown everywhere. At 13/14, I knew what most of it all was, but I never had the desire to go out and have sex! I never really showed an interest until I was 18 and had a steady boyfriend.

I've read a heck of a lot worse but thats adult fiction. I don't think it would have made marked worse if erik and aphrodtie's scene wasn't in it.
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:06 pm

I don't think it would have been worse either if it wasn't included. When I was in high school there used to be a hall in between classrooms that had stopped being used and kids would get caught there doing all sorts of stuff. So I can honestly say, I wasn't surprised when I read it.
Back to top Go down
Erin.
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling

Female Scorpio Horse

Character sheet
Name: erin
Affinities : water, fire and spirit

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

i think it made me really start reading the book, cause i just wanted to find out who the hot guy was :L
Back to top Go down
Hex
Mod
Mod
Hex

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jezabelle
Affinities : Mind Control.

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:13 pm

I had to read that part a few times to make sure I wasn't imagining it. It was funny as Hell.
Back to top Go down
http://http:/www.hauntedhouse.omgforum.net
Erin.
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling

Female Scorpio Horse

Character sheet
Name: erin
Affinities : water, fire and spirit

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:15 pm

haha yeah..
Back to top Go down
love_always_kills
Going about a regular day
love_always_kills

Female Posts : 9

Character sheet
Name: Ananke
Affinities : can see the private sins of others

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

i defiantly get the whole do not let my mom see this but its not like anything she wrote would have traumatized anyone, we already hear all this junk at school and if it seriously ruins your innocence, go read Harry Potter
Back to top Go down
Moonerz.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonerz.

Female Taurus Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Marissa Winters (Mar)
Affinities : Witchcraft and Shadow Casting

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 am

bobbie wrote:
i am scared my mom will want to read it like she did when i read twilight
Oh, god. I know how you feel. My sister got bored one day, she's 23 but cool enough to keep her mouth shut, and she was staring at me for a whole day, just kinda looking questioning. The I saw what page her book mark was on... OH GOD, EMBARASSING. My mom started asking her why she was looking at me so intently, and I was all like... Oh god, please don't.
Back to top Go down
Drippy
Your friends forgive you
Your friends forgive you
Drippy

Female Aries Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Emilina Blake
Affinities : Earth,Water, ShaddowCasting

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:19 am

haha! my mom has no interest in the books! she already thinks i'm a freak! I'm like "chill mother...its just Vampires having regular teenage problem and they are trying to save the world,garsh!" ahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Lol, honestly I don't think my parents would have cared as long as I was reading something.
Back to top Go down
Drippy
Your friends forgive you
Your friends forgive you
Drippy

Female Aries Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Haha i wish my mother was like that,she's all what are you putting in your head? all this Vampire and Zombie and magic! lolz My mothers a trip!
Back to top Go down
Lilith of Night
Lilith of Night

Female Scorpio Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Lol, my mom was all like, oh good you're going to school and reading. well my job here is done. Gee thanks mom.
Back to top Go down
>-->C<--< lovely marked
Going to the House of Night
Going to the House of Night
>-->C<--< lovely marked

Female Posts : 111

Character sheet
Name: Bella
Affinities : spirit (all)

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:03 pm

i agree no suprise there...i mean it happens a lot...in my choir there are 5 small practice rooms with no windows so you could guess what happens in there...same with the band...=}
Back to top Go down
Drippy
Your friends forgive you
Your friends forgive you
Drippy

Female Aries Rooster

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm

hehe se should switch mothers! lolz!
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

my mom don't really care what i read as long as i know that it's not real (she means the vampires)
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Maria
Maria

Female Scorpio Cat

Character sheet
Name: Aphrodite
Affinities : can see the future

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:59 pm

well lol but when i read the book for the first time i had to read that part twice cause i had no idea what she was saying and i felt like a dork to tell u the truth lol! the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 Nerd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the "scene" with erik and aphrodite   the "scene" with erik and aphrodite - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

the "scene" with erik and aphrodite
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next