House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Door

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*~Dreamer~*
Combining your affinities to save the day
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

Door Empty
PostSubject: Door   Door EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Summary: Those who knew would often say, “Believe me my sons, never stray too far away. Stumble upon the Door, and you will never find your way back.”

Prologue

6785 million humans living in present day. Five percent of this population acknowledges the presence of the other living race – Y’hier (Pronounced as ‘Yu-hay’). Derived from the Wise Tongue, ‘Y’hier’ are what wizards are known as.

Three percent of that population remembers the war, and fears the land where a Door is found amongst overgrown hedges and ferns.

Less than one percent knows of someone who is a Y’hier, or is a Y’hier himself/herself. With this small percentage knowing, the presence of Y’hiers slowly faded into history in the world of Humans.

Some children books did have some reference to Don que’or (Pronounced as Dawn Qua-sur), the home where Y’hiers live, but since when were children books taken seriously? The reality that Y’hiers exist, became magical fairytales that children take for a pastime.

Only the older generations, the five percent of the existing population, knew the truth. Twenty years ago, when the five percent were still teenagers, they faced a war which lasted three dreadful years. Like that of World War II, many innocent lives were taken, and more children were abandoned by this war.

Although, in comparison to the World War II, a three year war was small issue, but it was enough to impair the relations between the two races. The two races that once lived in harmony fell apart.

The logic for the war was simple. The humans felt that Y’hiers were disrupting their normal way of life, getting everything before them. They see people whizzing past, and appearing out of the thin air, like wondering spirits. It made Humans feel uneasy.

Just for a simple reason of feeling less competent, the Humans started arm conflicts with the Y’hiers. Humans had better weapons than Y’hiers, though Y’hiers could summon disasters that could take down armies of Humans. That brainless blood and gore which lasted for three years took away 100 million living of the mere population of 400 million then.

As for the Y’hiers, they may have magical powers, but most of those in war were those who had just freshly graduated, and were not exactly stable with their spells. The elders were getting too old and frail to sustain any war, most of them were already sick and dying before the war. The children, on the other hand, were too young and did not even know what they were skilled at. To send the children for war was like sending a school of young salmons to the sharks. It would only raise the sharks’ aggressive nature to consume more. Children would only lengthen the war, and create more futile sacrifices. They however, followed their parents to war, for even school teachers and care-takers were utilized for war.

Tired of the senseless war, the seventh, and the youngest of the Wise Ones, restored the Door. The restoring of the Door meant that children had to return behind the Door. For the children knew not of the way home, and the needed someone to guide them when they are home as well, hence one of the parents had to follow them home.

However, there were still several children left behind. Some were abandoned because their parents were drowned in their own pool of blood before the Door was restored. Others were kept back by parents who loved them too much, or parents who detested the presence of their children and took that chance to leave them. These children who were left behind could not return to Don que’or unless they were eleven and older. It is only eleven, that these children step out of childhood, become a fledging of the Y’hiers, and is recognised by the Door.

Hence, many Y’hier children abandoned by the cruel war were left to be adopted by other Y’hiers who stayed behind to take care of their underage kids. The Y’hiers who stayed behind, taught their children the human ways. They were ripped off all their energy, by that battle; they wanted no more of all those unhappiness.

After ten years, although some remained hostile, but most had somewhat forgiven these Y’hiers. They accepted their presence as they saw the distinct changes they had made to accommodate to the normal lives of Human. In fact, Y’hiers have adapted so well, people began to forget they are Y’hiers, and think that they have all returned to where they came from – Behind the Door.

Furthermore, the present younger generations read stories of Y’hier and their war, like any other novel they pick from the shelves. None of them treat it for real, for parents have often told them Y’hiers were only creations of long deceased writers.

Nonetheless, parents still remind their children never to near Puerto Viejo of Costa Rica. When children question, they would always claim that this forest is dominated by hungry spirits, waiting for innocent little kids to enter and devour them. In fear, children would stick near their parents whenever they pass by this forest. No one Human ever entered Puerto Viejo since the war ended. It was soon known as the ‘Forbidden Forest’ of Puerto Viejo.

Even schools educated the students about the forest, and drove terror into the core of their bones. Those images formed by computer graphics made the innocent children live in perpetual fear of the forest which is actually perfectly safe to enter.

6785 thousand million souls living in the present, less than one percent who are Y’hiers enter and exit the forest, and less than half a percent of the newer generation daring to step into the unknown ground...

Even so, there happens to be three children who cannot live without adventure existing in this population of 6785 thousand million. Despite countless warnings from their teachers, peers and their mother, they still took on a journey into the forest.

And before they started their expenditure, their friends and homeroom teacher came over to wish them the best. All of them lived in the belief that the three of them would be devoured, and would never return ever again, or would return mutated. Many tear at the thought of losing their beloved friends.

As expected of the three children, curiosity took the better of them. Neglecting the fear reflected from the tears of their peers, they ventured deeper into the ‘Forbidden Forest’ of Puerto Viejo.

After six hours of gruelling hiking and trekking, they were worn out. Just when they were about to stop for the day, the three of them stumbled unexpectedly on the Door.

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link

Last edited by *~Dreamer~* on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
*~Dreamer~*
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

Door Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door   Door EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Part 1

“Kyle, here’s the door.” Jade whispered as she swiped her hand over the dusty characters on the door. She then traced the characters carefully with the tip of her index finger. As she traced, it revealed golden characters with amber borders.

“It’s locked” Jade turned the knob and tried pushing it but the door refused to budge.

Almost instantly, a comment was made.

“I think I’ve seen such characters before… Somewhere…” Zoruik dug into his pockets and fished out a piece of paper.

The paper was a dark shade of brown with its folded edges quite fury with worn paper pieces tearing away. With a lot of care for the piece of paper, Zoruik slowly unfolded it.

“What’s that for?” Jade questioned curiously.

“I knew I’ve seen it somewhere.” Zoruik showed her the characters on the paper.

“It’s different.” Kyle commented as he peeked at the paper from behind Zoruik.

“They don’t even have the same characters…” Jade nodded in agreement.

“No… It matches perfectly…” Zoruik countered after a few seconds and squatted down. He fumbled his bag for his recorder.
Pushing in the earpieces, he fast forwarded the tape.

“Frotusmhere …The Door to the other world… Freedom it means…” It trailed off as the sound of a pencil on paper was heard in the background.

“Bro?” Kyle asked, “Are you still with us Zor?”

Snapping back into reality, Zoruik nodded as Kyle’s words got through to him. He walked up to the door and placed both palms on the door. Before he could say anything, a bearded man with a sharp hat walked out from behind the house.

“What are you doing here, out of your territory?” His gruff voice startled the three teenagers.

“Oh… N…Nothing much…” Jade replied, tugging their shirts to hurry them away from the place.

Zoruik stood where he was bowed low, “Many respects to the Wise Ones, I’m Zoruik. These are my siblings Jade and Kyle.” He gestured to the two other flustered friends.

“Go ahead in.” The bearded man nodded his head towards the door.

“It’s locked…” Jade replied curtly.

Zoruik turned around, “You guys may have to wait for days for my return. I suggest you all go off first. Rest assures I’ll be fine.” He smiled at them warmly giving them each a hug.

“But…” Kyle and Jade was cut off by the man’s gaze and words.

“Power is mystical only when magic exists alone. Marred, will it be, with the existence a member of the other world.” The man paused for awhile before continuing, “Please… and please” He gestured Kyle and Jade the way back to the safe borders of their homeland then to the door and nodding at Zoruik.

“Who’s he bro?” Kyle asked in wonder.

“The Wise Ones” Zoruik replied calmly.

Once again, Zoruik placed both of his hands on the door. Closing both eyes, he slowly leaned his body’s weight on the door. Upon touching the characters on the door, he felt a tinge of warmth on his checks and whispered, “Frotusmhere… Freedom…”

As if controlled by some unseen power, the door gave way to him.

“Zor!” Kyle and Jade rushed forward and tried to pull him away from the door but to no avail.

The opening closed in behind Zoruik, swallowing him into what seemed like an endless abyss. Upon seeing that he has disappeared, Eoreik nodded and turned away.

“Hold on!” Kyle rushed forward to stop him, “Where did bro go?” He threw the question at Eoreik as if blaming him, though he did not know his name.

Eoreik looked up at Kyle and smiled, “Your Brother, Zoruik, has returned, only to leave again soon.”

Looking past Kyle’s shoulder towards the horizon as the sun was making its way down, he commented “Yellow to orange, worry in love ones’ heart. Home’s way you should make.”

“Don’t talk alien.” Jade shot at him.

“Our parents know we’ve come on a camp… Told them about three days before we’ll return… You…”

“No point talking to him Kyle, he’s just and old man with a pointy hat. He is probably as old as Dumbledore in Harry Potter Series.” Jade grabbed her bag and turned on her heels, ready to leave and never return.

“Wait a minute… I think he knows a great deal more than just that to be called ‘The Wise One’.” He said, after cooling off.

“Fine… Whatever you say. Make it fast.” Jade headed back to the spot where she was, arrogance and annoyance written all over her face.

“Do you want to spend a night at the Council Dormitory?” Eoreik offered. “I believe he will be back by tomorrow.”

Kyle raised a questioning eyebrow at Jade. She shrugged. All the better it would be if there was a place to lodge at for free. She did not mind facing Eoreik for even a month; needless to say a day if there was free food and shelter. Knowing her for ten years, he knew exactly what she was thinking.

Shaking his head, he took her bag from her and followed after Eoreik.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

Door Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door   Door EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:35 am

Part 2

Behind the Door, Zoruik started his adventure. “Feels like the wardrobe to Narnia… “He commented to the darkness.

Venturing deeper into the world behind the Door, he stumbled over a thick book. Wincing in pain, he drew his legs closer to him. Extending his hand to feel the texture of the book, his finger tips gathered a mass of dust. He fished for a torch from his haversack and shined it on the cover. All of the cover besides where his fingers swiped was hidden behind a coat of dust.

“Route to Home: Learn about yourself.” He muttered and flipped the book open. Accompanied by a husky famine whisper, the words glowed as he read them. Slowly, it drew him further and further in. He was about to sink into the book when the Wise Ones’ voices rang, “Danger, you’ll be in exercised, little control is.”

He retrieved his recorder once again and put it on.

“The Door in which Humans find no way through, but our race, it can be spoken to.” A deep, manly voice sounded through the earpiece.

So this is it… This is the Door to Mom and Sis… Zoruik thought.

He closed the book and tucked it under his arm before continuing his journey. A heavy wooden stairs coated and shiny greeted him as he paced towards the heart of the house shining his torch towards it. Upon stepping on the first stair and resting a hand on the handrails, the stairs started moving by its own.

“Amazing… A stair-like escalator…” He patted the stairs twice.

To his surprise, the stairs moved up faster.
“Stop! Stop!” He started stomping on the stairs frantically, hoping the stairs could hear him.

As he passed by each level, several curious faces greeted him through half-closed doors as he flew past them. Maybe the book can give me some tips…

“To activate all stairs, rest palm on handrails. To speed up, tap twice. To reverse direction, lift up index finger. To stop, lift and rest hand gently.” The words glowed and sounded as he flipped opened the book. “Sounds like some stairs in Hogwarts…” He muttered under his breath.

Picking himself up from the fright of the automated stairs, he rested his palm again on the handrails and it stopped. He then went down again to the second floor. Once he got off the stair, a young lady rushed forward and embraced him.

“Oh my, oh my, you’re finally home again!” The lady was practically squeezing the daylights out of him.

“Uh...” He coughed, “I think you’ve mistaken, this is the first time I’m here miss.” He pushed her away.

“Oh my dear son, don’t you recognize your own mother?” She rested her hands on his shoulders.

“Mother…? Dad said mom was his age… You can’t be my mother…” Zoruik shook her off.

“Wizards don’t grow old my son, Wizards don’t grow old.” She smiled and shook her head.

“But I do.” He countered.

“You’ll soon my dear. Happy Fifteenth Son!” She hugged him tight.

She led him to a bedroom that was covered with floor length curtains made of silver velvet. Almost everything was covered in silver. The table top, the bed linings, the curtains and the floor mat. Overwhelmed by a sudden sense of fatigue, he plopped himself on the bed and drifted off into dreamland.

When he woke, he was in a room lit by two ivory candles, two white candles, two violet candles, and one silver candle. The ivory, white and violet candles lined the side of the rooms while the silver candle hung down from above.

It totals to the magical number… He noted. And they are all of mystical colors.

The Wise Ones streamed into the room, taking their respective positions by the bed. The same one whom both his friends and he met outside the house handed him a glass of water and stood at the end of the bed.

“Where am I…? And aren’t you the one with my friends?” Zoruik sat up and asked in utter disbelief.

“Free to roam, we are. At many places, we can be at once. ” He replied breezily.

After Zoruik sat up and finished his drink, the ceremony proceeded. Following the ceremony closely, he studied every move of the Wise Ones. However, the language barrier barred him from understanding them. After each of the Six Wise Ones have chanted and placed their sacrifice items, it was placed before him.

“Put your hand in and draw a card of your choice.” Eoreik took a breath and left his words hanging in the air as Zoruik stuck his hand into the golden cathedral filled with silver liquid.

The liquid was cool against his skin as he fished around for a something to pick out. After his hand had scanned through the whole liquid, he still could not get anything from it.

“Think hard, my son.” His mother’s voice whispered beside his ear, “Stay calm.” She placed both of her palms on his shoulders.

His emotions quickly settled. Thinking hard of holding a card in his hand, his facial expression locked into a frown. Instantly, a card appeared in his hand. Lifting his hand out of the cathedral, he allowed the silver liquid to drain from between his fingers. The card from his hand flew towards the center where the silver candle stood. As the card slowly got burned by the silver flame, the candle changed into a goblet with a liquid swirling with the colors of all the seven candles. When the goblet appeared, everyone around the table gasped instantly.

“The Seventh… The Seventh… It’s really The Seventh…” the quiet murmuring among the Wise Ones could be heard.

“The Seventh what?” Zoruik eyed them suspiciously.

When he turned to ask his mother, she was no longer there.

“Where’s my mother?” He asked baffled.

Ignoring his comment, Eoreik, who was sitting opposite him, extended both arms.
“To the Seventh One, welcome. Eoreik, I am.” He introduced and welcomed Zoruik.

“Jordust, I am.”

“Moreik, I am.”

“Korlust, I am.”

“Toreik, I am.”

“Yeoruik, I am. Your sister, I am “A tall dark brown haired girl introduced.

Parroting their style, he introduced himself. “Zoruik, I am.”

“Dismissed.” Eoreik called for the end of that day’s meeting. “Late, it is getting… For a night, stay please.”

Zoruik nodded and waited for the Wise Ones to leave. He noticed that Eoreik did not make a move and casted him a questioning glance. Eoreik signaled and two young lads appeared and he left without a word, ignoring whatever Zoruik had to say.

“They are your followers, brother. They have to keep you in sight and protect you.” His sister, Yeoruik explained.

He nodded and slipped off the bed to explore the room. It was filled with autographed wallpapers of his idols, Mika, Evanescence, Kat-Tun, Boys Like Girls, and many more. He lingered by each wallpaper to inspect the signatures. All of them had signatures of the respective artists and they were the actual signature, not just a photocopy. The study table was lined with novels of his favorite authors and his favorite Japanese comics. It was like a dream come true.

He grabbed a book from the shelf and disappeared behind the words and pages of the story, with Boys Like Girls songs playing in his ears. Thought he was reading the book, though he was listening to the songs, but his mind and soul was no longer there. It had been a long and tiring day filled with numerous unexpected events. The day’s happenings kept replaying like a film without sound at the back of his head.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

Door Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door   Door EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:35 am

After a sumptuous dinner at the Council Dormitory, Jade was getting a little drowsy.

“Okay, is she?” Eoreik asked concerned.

“She’s always like that… Ready to sleep after food… Just like a pig.” Kyle shook his head.

“Got a place to rest?” Jade yawned like a cat, ignoring Kyle’s sarcastic comment.

“Straight ahead,” Eoreik gestured to the alley lined by doors.

Nodding thankfully, Jade made her way slowly towards the room. Kyle waited for her to disappear behind the door, ensuring that Jade did not know of his conversation with Eoreik. When he turned back, he had already disappeared without a trace.

Kyle sighed with disappointment and leaned against the back of the chair. He missed a chance to find out more about the secrets behind the Door. He strolled down the aisle, and checked every single door he passed by.

“What’s with that house…? … At such a hidden place, a mysterious setting…” He groaned.

As afternoon moved into night, the sky changed from yellow to blue. Different shade of yellow, orange, red, violet and blue colored the sky. In a mere five minutes, the sun had already departed the sky by the horizon and the full moon was edging its way up into the sky. Soon, darkness hung around and the moon was the only natural source of light. No stars were in sight.

“Nothing gold can stay…” Kyle sighed as he watched the Sun faded into the curtain of somber blackness.

Night often made him feel depressed, especially when he was alone. He hated nights without stars, there was no alternative sources of light besides the moon. There was nothing to distract him from the flooding recollection of that fateful night he lost his cousin to the mysterious full moon. The incident which made so depressed, event that he fear the night ever since. He feared the silence, and he feared the darkness. Most of all, he feared the full moon.

However, that unbearable ominous feeling was overcome by a refreshing breeze with a pinch of saltiness to it. It was raining. He felt small droplets of rain starting to pelt against his skin, just as it was on the window panes. Soon, the window was dotted and streaked with the markings made by the rain. In no time, the wind began howling. It sent rain into Kyle’s eyes and mouth.

To his surprise, in the blink of an eye, he could still feel the strong wind against his check but the rain was kept out by the closed windows. The rain pounded on the windows as if screaming to be let in. He sat there staring at the window, thinking about what he could to find out more about Zoruik and the Wise Ones. He swept his gaze across the whole room, looking for something that resembled those characters. All of a sudden, a bag of books caught his eye.

Hm… Maybe these books can give me some idea… He acceded with his own assumption and drew a book out from the bag. It was glowing faintly in the dark.

“Answers to your doubts… Sounds like something useful…” He schemed through the pages in search of some information about

The Wise Ones
Since centuries and decades ago, the Wise Ones existed. They are the balance of the world. As such, once they are off aged, they can move between both lands at their own free will. However, to be able to move between lands freely, they have to first enter via the Door to mark their existence.

They are not known to either race, they look just like a normal person. A human or a wizard cannot tell which one of them they know is a Wise One. If any one of them leaves the clan, the balance will be thrown and the Door will serve no purpose of protection to either race. It will become the Door to war, the door to destruction.

“So that is the Door to the Wise Ones… How scary…” He breathed.

He left the book open and looked up at the window. The moon was now showing itself once again though clouds would cover it again and again, as if a mother playing with a kid. Kyle waited for Zoruik to return from his trip to the Wise Ones.

Darkness caved in as a sense of drowsiness overwhelmed him. His lids and limbs became heavy and he felt as if he was sinking into the sofa. The sofa felt like a soft feather cushion and a light feather blanket, keeping him warm without weighing upon his body. The irresistibly inviting comfort of the sofa accompanied by the gentle breeze lulled him to sleep.

In his dream, he saw Zoruik wearing a pointed hat, standing beside Eoreik.

“Hey Bro!” He called out in his dream to Zoruik.

“Do we know each other?” Zoruik replied, extending his hand to him. “It’s nice to meet you.”

That startled him awake. What a dream… With his hands on his knees, he covered his face with his palms. He had never had such a dream before. After reading that book, it seemed like his dream would come true soon enough. He was started to dread seeing his best friend. He would rather not see his best friend again, rather than to see Zoruik and not be acknowledge a friend. Fear gripped him as he sat there with his head in his hands.

“Kyle… Kyle!” Jade’s whisper drifted into his ears. He looked up to see a face filled with qualm, as he was being shook violently.

“Wait, wait. What’s the matter Jade? Weren’t you having a nice rest?” He put on a masquerade of surprise to cover up the fear he held.

“I dreamt that Bro cannot recognize us…” She sat down beside him and trailed off in a trembling voice.

The mask of surprise was now replaced by real look of bewilderment. At that moment, he could not comprehend all the information that was poured into his head. His mind was whizzing with thoughts of how coincidental their dreams were.

“You… Really?” His words came out disconnected and nonsensical, filled with disbelief.

“You mean…” She casted a questioning look at him.

He acquiesce her comment and turned away. He hoped that the dream was not so fortuitous. It seemed to affirm his dream, aggrandizing his fear and worry. Standing up, he asked if she would like a cup of drink.

“Fine with me, I’m thirsty anyway.” She replied casually, trying to conceal her curiosity to know what was going on in his mind.

He headed towards the kitchen and opened the fridge. He reached out and took out a can of orange juice and a bottle of root beer. As if it was his house, he let the door slam and took a straw from the shelf above.

“You need a cup?” He asked, back facing Jade.

“Nah, a straw is good enough.” Came the reply, “I’m going to the lavatory, leave my drink on the table. Thanks.”
He strode over to the coffee table and plopped himself on floor cushioned by a fury turquoise mat. He finished a third of his drink while waiting for Jade to return. Once she had returned, he took the can and opened it, a natural instinct.

“Thanks.” She dropped the straw into the opening of the can and started sipping it.

Her comment hung in the silent air as Kyle spaced out.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been spacing out since I came out… Are you okay?”

“Oh, I’m fine….” He trailed off into his daze again.

She scanned the surrounding to find out what was causing him to space out so much. The book Kyle had left on the study table caught her attention. She slipped away from the coffee table and sat on the chair.

The Wise Ones
Since centuries and decades ago, the Wise Ones existed. They are the balance of the world. As such, once they are off aged, they can move between both lands at their own free will. However, to be able to move between lands freely, they have to first enter via the Door to mark their existence.

They are not known to either race, they look just like a normal person. A human or a wizard cannot tell which one of them they know is a Wise One. If any one of them leaves the clan, the balance will be thrown and the Door will serve no purpose of protection to either race. It will become the Door to war, the door to destruction.

“Oh gosh… He actually believes in this…” She murmured. “Alright, I’ll play along.”

She grabbed the book and pushed herself over the sofa, onto the floor.

“What are you doing with the book?” Kyle shot in alarm.

“Nothing, just trying to help Mr-Space-out.” She blew.

Puzzled by the comment, he just watched as Jade lead him into the book. To him, she was speaking alien all of a sudden and he could not comprehend at all. He felt as if she was not Jade, but a professional debater, trying to brainwash him.

He put up a hand and gestured for her to pause. He was tired of listening to a language he could not understand, a hypnotizer, a brainwasher. He said nothing more and pushed himself onto the sofa and lied facing the back of the sofa.

“Hey!” She shook him.

“Go away, I’m tired.” He pushed her away.

Jade noticed the change in Kyle, but did not want to bother him any further. Maybe he is really tired… She tried to convince herself to believe in that thought and left for the room.

After she left, he lied on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. Please protect our friendship… He is as if my kin. I don’t know who else I can turn to when I’m down, and where I can visit when I’m bored.
As if his silent prayers were sent, he heard Zoruik’s voice, “We have been, are now, and will forever be blood brothers.”

“Zor?” He questioned the darkness.

The only reply was the echo of his word. I must be too tired. It’s time to get some rest.

He allowed fatigue to take over and drown his doubts, fears and worries.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

Door Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door   Door EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Dusk crept in as light seeped through the curtains, illuminating the room. Birds gathered on the branches of the trees and chirped merrily, little chicks in their nests screeching for food.

A parrot flew into the room throw the ajar windows and with much difficulty, greeted him, “Good morning Master… Zoweek”

Awaken by the call, he rubbed his eyes and mumbled, “It’s Zor…u…ik… You are?”

“Master Zor…ruik? I am your secret agent and helper.”
Shaking his head and trying hard to allow the line to get through, he asked confused, “Secret agent?”

“Yes sir! Anything you need sir!” The parrot replied, raising a wing as if saluting.

“Oh… Nothing...” He grabbed his spectacles and put it on carelessly.

He walked to the door and touched the knob. To his surprise, he was at the stairs already. He looked back at the aisle to his room, then down at his hands.

“Morning Bro.” A gentle and cheerful voice called out from behind him.

His sister appeared out of nowhere and gave a pat on his shoulders.

“You will get used to it.” She pushed him onto the stairs and joined in behind him.

The stairs brought them down to the first floor where other unfamiliar faces were seated at a long wooden table. It made him feel as if he was in a rich man’s house about a hundred years into history. The lighting consisted of tens of white candles on a holder made of silver laid in the middle of the table. He made his way to the table and noticed that there was not a single empty chair in sight.

“Lets’ go somewhere and wait for…” He was about to say when his sister cut in.

“Here, take this seat.” She shook her head.

He looked towards the table and two available chairs were right before them.

“But…”

“As I’ve said, you’ll get used to it. We work on magic, not on manual labor.”

He took his seat without a second word and stuck his head into the menu.

“Hmm… This sounds good…” He tapped his finger on beef chop and chips meal.

Before he could change his mind, the menu disappeared and a plate of deliciously steaming beef chops and chips appeared before him. Ignoring the bugging doubt as to where the meal came from, he dug into his meal. He was too ravenous after a good night’s sleep.

While he was having his meal, he felt a gaze on him. He turned to his right and caught Jordust glaring at him. Upon having his glare returned, Jordust turned back to his meal. Too ravenous to worry about the anger in his eyes, Zoruik wolfed down his breakfast.

As he waited for his drink and dessert, he would occasionally cast glances at Jordust. He could feel the anger radiating off Jordust though he was at least five tables away. Eoreik saw confusion written all over Zoruik’s face and pulled him aside after breakfast.

“Your back, you’ve to watch. Loop holes, you shall never leave any.” Eoreik warned and disappeared before he could ask him what he meant.

Shouldering all the doubts and worries, he left for his room. He lied on the bed, staring into the silver ceiling. As if stranded by his disquiet, he brushed his hand through his hair and threw them on the bed. He realized that the Door brought him more worries than comfort. He thought he would reunite with his mother and elder sister, the remains of his torn family. He may have found his family, but more problems got dumped on him. From a true and normal smile, it became a smile of awkwardness and uneasiness.

He got up and sat at the end of the bed. With his hands to support his head, he stared at the tiles on the floor. The random patterns that made up different images, and the picture made up by all these images. It was as if a story unfolding before his eyes, one with many characters put together. With his creativity, he linked all of them into a movie and drowned himself into the sea of literature, forgetting all the troubling worries and heart wrecking doubts.
“You’ve been staring at the floor and smiling to yourself since when I entered… What’s up?” Came his sister, Yeoruik’s, comment.

Snapping back to reality, he stammered, “Oh.. That.. T’was nothing.”

He got up and walked to the window. As if a bar of magnet to steel pieces, the troubles came flying back at him.

“Gi’e me a break man, lady, wizard or human.” He grumbled, “This is getting way too ridiculous.”

“A break? Why…” Yeoruik trailed off as she watch him sweep all the books from the shelf into a bag.

“I’m leaving, never to be back again.” He said, “I’m a Wise One before I’m even off aged? Then and again, there’s this guy boring a hole through me with his eyes filled with hatred. What a life!”

He was about to pick the bag up when his follower took it for him.

“Leave me alone. I’m not a cripple.” Zoruik flipped at him.

Swallowing the sudden outburst from Zoruik, the follower refused to let go of the bag.

“Fine! As you wish!” Zoruik shot a glare at him before turning away.

Tired of living like some Wizard, he headed down the stairs manually. Also, this place had brought him enough worries for him to feel the warmth and comfort of his family. He would rather live with his step-siblings, though there were little warmth there too. To him, simplicity was the key.

He also wanted to smile and mean it. This place is too confusing for him to mean it when he smiled. Though he had been there for two days, yet he had not even smiled from the bottom of his heart once. Facing people became pure dreary. Whatever he did, wherever he went, he felt like he was under a surveillance camera. As if a caged bird, or a wanted criminal. He was tired of living in a place where every move he made, he had to think twice. He was sick of living in a place where every smile was so agonizing, he would rather die than to live on.
-

Light shone in through the canopy of leaves. It woke up every soul in the living room. Stretching himself on the sofa, Kyle realized a day had gone by. He had achieved nothing, nor had he accomplished any. He only began knowing a little about the other world.

Swinging his legs off the sofa, he grabbed his book and slipping into a chair by the dining table. He flipped to the first page and began his journey into the other world. He reached out for his root beer to take a sip. Realizing that his hands were groping on bare air, his head snapped towards the direction of the root beer.

“Morning Kyle, just passing.” Jade commented half-heartedly, before she put the bottle down again.

“Give me some peace Jade. I’ve enough on my mind and…”

“Yeah, enough on your mind to get brainwashed by this stupid book.” She snapped.

Ignoring her sarcastic comment, he continued with his book.

About
Trillions of years ago, when we knew not of the Humans, the Wise Ones already existed. They served as the balance of both worlds and races. Without them as one, the balance will be thrown off, chaos and war will break out.

The Wise Ones consists of seven Wizards, each chosen by the goblet. The seventh, and the youngest, is the wisest. He, though abides by the command of the first, and the eldest, he slowly gains more power. The seventh becomes a Wise One at the age of 15. He knows not of magic or magical abilities when he stumbled upon the Door, though he possesses power himself. He knows not of the Wise Tongue or the Wise speech, but is able to pass the Door. He slowly ventures around the world behind the Door, and finds out about his ability and the other six Wise Ones.

The eldest, also known as ‘Holy Grail’, holds the ability to foresee the future. He or She is named ‘Holy Grail’ as he is in charge of protecting the Door and the House of Wizardry.

The second is able to change into liquid, only where there is water body. He/She is a pure Wizard blood Human changed into a Wizard, also the only trans-raced member.

The third is perfect for a spy as he or she can change into anything, including non-living things like tables and chairs. However, he or she cannot change more than once per day, if he is not under the sunlight. Each change lasts for only an hour.

The fourth can tap into another soul and control it to his or her means, but he or she cannot control the powers the ‘victim’ posses. The fourth one is able to control the powers only when he or she has taken the life of the ‘victim’. Is usually the leader of the Wise Ones after the balance is restored.

The fifth can speak in a dozen different languages, and is able to bribe the people into believing in his or her words. He or she also has the ability to control the natural elements. These elements consists of, Sun, Sky, Land, Sweep, Flame and Sea, He/she is also bale to change a mix race Human into a Wizard.

The sixth, also known as the Fallen, can cause confusion among people. He or she is usually the one who breaks the Balance.

The seventh, also known as ‘The Balance’, can tap into other people’s powers. He or she can only tap into a maximum of five other powers at once. He or she can also share his tapping ability to another person by tapping into the person, but the person can only tap into three other powers at once. As he or she can tap into other people’s powers, he is also able to mind read. He or she can only He or she is named “the Balance” as he or she is usually the one who restores the balance and peace between the two races.

“Sounds like I’m really going to lose Zor… He’s fifteen, and he definitely doesn’t know the Wise Tongue. He would have shared with me at least, if he knows that he has some powers…” He sighed.

“And you believe that thing? Those pages of ink printed on paper?” Jade challenged, knowing that Kyle tend to change his mind after being challenged, as if a puppet on strings.

“Yeah…” His comment surprised her.

Once he had set his mind into doing something, nothing could hinder or stop him from doing it. The determination reflected from his eyes, striking her head on. She knew she had no say.

She shrugged and nodded, “Don’t ask me anything, I’m not interested in that thing.”

He acknowledged her comment.

“Pass me my phone, thanks.” He requested, back facing Jade.

“Okay…” She threw him his phone and it landed on his bag.

He plugged the earpiece and flipped the phone onto the table with little care after finding a song. He had shared the same passion for music, and the love for the same band as much as Zoruik did. He hoped Zoruik would still love the bands he loved. At least the Zorouik I know still exists.

Behind him, Jade plopped herself on the bean sack on the floor. Due to the suddenly large amount of pressure she exerted on the bean sack, it popped. Little balls of Styrofoam bounced around her. Hearing the sound, Kyle turned to see little white balls bouncing and rolling across the floor. Jade gasped. In an attempt to mend the bean sack, she gathered all the little balls together and stuff them back into the torn cover.

Kyle watch in amusement as Jade attempted to mend the bean sack. He shook his head and returned to his book.

Those who knew would often say, “Believe me my sons, never stray too far away. Stumble upon the Door, and you will never find your way back.”

Gripped by that fear, they always stuck by their parents and dare not open any doors. Only the brave ones would dare to, but only the Wise Ones could. The Door that led many Wizards living among the Human race to home also defeated many Wizards who entered.

He read on.

Door

A simple door with no decoration, a simple door written in the Wise Tongue, Wizards would enter by touching the Door, while Wise Ones need to call out to the Door. Humans can only enter if they have a magical barrier surrounding them, hiding their presence. Either that or a Wise One has to be present and invite him or her in. Wizards cannot see Humans who enter through the Door.

The Door will never collapse to magical or physical attacks, but will fall if the balance is thrown. It will remake itself once the balance is restored, with the help of the seventh or fourth of the Wise Ones.

He flipped the page and found out that it was blank. He supposed it was a printing error, but to realize that all the rest of the pages were empty.

“What’s with them...? Making the book so thick and heavy, only to be filled with empty pages…” He grumbled.

He closed the book and turned around. Jade was now on the sofa, totally engrossed in a drama serial. The bean sack sat on the floor, with its fillings still slowly flowing out of it.

“Jade… At least clear up the mess… Always need us to nag at you…” He flop onto the bed with is root beer in hand.

“You and your root beer…” She replied, totally missing the point.

While trying to figure out what she was about to say, Kyle joined her in watching the drama. Girls are really weird… Losing their minds over these dramas. He thought. He stood up and grabbed his bag from the floor, and slung it over his shoulders.

“Hey, enjoy your show… I’m heading out for a bit.” He told Jade while forcing his feet into his untied shoes.

Chunking the empty bottle into the bin, he left the house, and returned into the forest. If he doesn’t return by today, I’m going to get Jade out of here and forget about him. He would have probably forgotten us as well.

After trekking for an hour around the Council Dormitory and the mysterious looking house with the Door, he stopped outside the Door and sat on a huge rock. He flipped opened Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and began reading. After two hours, Eoreik appeared before him.

“Sitting here, a long time you’ve been.” He commented.

“Not that you need to bother.” He turned away, unhappy that Zoruik was gone for two days.

“Enter the Door, you should. Not dead, are your family.”

“They disappeared under the full moon, you idiot. Don’t remind me of that incident.” He shot hotly.

“Die, they did not. Only returned to home, did they.” Eoreik got over to his side and said, “Human, you are not.”

“Oh, and now you’re trying to fool me into believing that I’m not me? How naïve you can be!” He laughed.

“Human, you are not.” Eoreik repeated.

“Then what am I?” He replied coldly.

“Through the door, you’ll find out.” Came Eoreik’s respond.

Before Kyle could make another comment, Zoruik’s bright and cheerful call rang in his ears.

“Hey bro!” A heavy arm landed on his shoulders.

He immediately shot up and hugged Zoruik, “Yo, bro! Long time no see!”

“Indeed.” Zoruik laughed heartedly. “Where’s Jade?”

“Pigging.”

“Ahh… Her usual self I see.” He smiled broadly.

Noticing Eoreik, he nodding at him, he nodded back and greeted, “Hi Eor.”

“Eor? Didn’t you tell me two days ago that he is called The Wise One?” Kyle gave him a blank look.

“C’mon, lets’ go bro!” was the reply he got.

Nodding reluctantly, he followed beside Zoruik. Questions about his visit through the Door and about The Wise Ones bubbled up in him.

Once Eoreik was out of earshot, he asked Zoruik, “Aye, bro… What’s behind that Door?”

“Confusion.”

“About The Wise Ones…?”

“N… Nothing.”

He knew Zoruik was hiding something, but he did not prod him. As my bro, he had always been opened about whatever he could share. He must have his own reasons not to share. He assured himself.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Door Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door   Door Empty

Back to top Go down

Door
Page 1 of 1