House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gypsy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QuietOneOfTheNight
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
QuietOneOfTheNight

Female Aries Pig

Character sheet
Name: Kayla
Affinities : Fire + Equestian

Gypsy Empty
PostSubject: Gypsy   Gypsy EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 pm

The carriage bumped down the quiet, darkned street, neither me or Farik made a sound. It was an awkard silence, usuallywe were so close and now I felt so distant from him, he was taking me and leaving me somewhere, I had no idea where somewhere was, and I didn't get a choice if I wanted to go or not. Lost in my thoughts I didn't notice that the horse had stopped pulling the carriage and Farik had gotten out and silently walked over to my side and was waiting to help me down.
"Where are we?" I whispered, not wanting to disturb the silence by talking loudly. Farik must have felt the same, since he spoke no louder than me.
"This is where I leave you, I am not aloud to go any further. Now you must go on alone. Carry on following this path, you will not come across anything for many miles, but by sunrise, you will arrive at your destination."
"How will know when I'm there?" I asked, puzzled that Farik could not just tell me where I was suppose to be going.
"Do not worry young one. You are being watched upon by the Stars, and if you do not find what you are looking, it will find you!"
And with that Farik kissed me gently on the head then when he pulled away, he held me at arms length and looked me up and down, and pulled his cloak around him and leaped back up on the carriage seat, snapped the reins and he disappeared back the way we had come. A sharp shiver went up my spine as I heard a small whisper on the wind.
"Farewell Kayla..........."
I shook the feeling of being watched away, pulled the hood of my own cloak up and turned to follow the path which Farik had pointed out, and he was indeed right, I saw nothing on the road except the shadows of the trees and bushes on either side, there were no houses, no other travellers and there was no sound of any living creature. So I carried on walking, used to the darkness, but not of being alone, and the silence of this forest was not natural, and I did no like it.

It was indeed morning before anything came into view, the first thing I noticed was the trees were thining, the sun was just rising and I could now see it's beams of its light flowing through the trees, the warmth on my skin was a wonderful feeling, it had been such a dark couple of past days, it was nice to lighten things up. Now the second thing I noticed came a little while later, I was just starting to wonder if I had taken a wrong turning, when the trees opened up to an large and open area. I stepped from the border of the trees, able to see the sky for the first time, there was not a cloud in sight, so I took this as a good thing. Scanning the area around me I noticed a building in the distance, it was only a dot against the horizon, but even from where I was standing I could tell it was a tower of some sort and it reached high up in the air.
A shadow was cast upon me, somthing coming between the sun and me, I walked a little further on, trying to get into the sunlight again, but the shadow seemed to follow me.
'Probably a cloud or something, but hang on, there was no clouds!' I thought, my eyes shot upward towards the direction of the sun. But it was no longer there, instead I screamed and ran, because descending was a giant bat, judging from the quick glance I got of it, it was about the size of a horse, jet black, the wing spand of twice the length of it's body, and the thing I had to look at the most was the size of it's fangs, they looked too big for it's head. I didn't have long to think about appearences, all I could think about was getting to the shelter of the trees, but the bat glided over my head and landed infront of me, blocking anyway of getting pass. Just as I was about to turn and carry on running in the other direction, I noticed someone was attached to the bat's back, no, not attached, riding on the bat. He jumped off and strode towards me.
"You must be the Gypsy! I've been waiting for you to turn up, follow me!" He said in a bold voice and walked right pass me without casting a glance in my direction. I turned to see where he was going and noticed he was walking into the field, which across lay the weird tower I had noticed. I had no idea what was going to happen, but this stranger was the first person I had seen in a while, and I wasn't going to stay there with the huge bat creature staring at me, so I hurried along after the man, to whatever doom he had in fate for me.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down

Gypsy
Page 1 of 1