House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Unnamed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kacela
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
Kacela

Female Posts : 24

Character sheet
Name:
Affinities : All elements(:

(Unnamed) Empty
PostSubject: (Unnamed)   (Unnamed) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Warning: This story contains cuss words (well duh!) If you don't like cussing, then too bad! cute Just kiddin! But there really is cuss words, so you've been warned. Anywhoo, enjoy! And comment!

The wind was biting, snipping at my face hastily. It was a late November night, complete with the chilling temperatures of my hometown, Wilmington, North Carolina. The night was pitch black, hiding all of it’s mysteries in the shadows, and making me feel spooked, like I always did when I was forced to walk home. The Cauldron’s loud pounding beat wasn’t as far away from me as I had wished it to be, and I could still feel my head slamming around as my headache got worse. I sighed and rubbed my temples, trying to soothe my horrid headache. The wind seemed to whisper in my ears, but I didn’t care. I would rather be here than back in The Cauldron with Carson. I paused for a second, looking back to the club, hoping to see Carson running out after me, calling my name and telling me to wait.
But, of course, there was no one; the night was completely empty, apart from me. I held back the tears that I could feel trying to burst down my face, turned back around and continued walking. Where was I going, exactly? I hadn’t a clue, except that it would be somewhere alone, where I would probably cry myself dry until my best friend, Brooke found me. Then, from there Carson would follow me around begging for me to forgive him whilst he apologized like a lost puppy until I finally forgave him, and kissed him. After that, everything would go back to being normal, then in the next week or so, something he did would upset me and the cycle would start all over again.
“Lex! Lex!” My head snapped up, and I stopped in my tracks. Concentrating hard, I tried to listen to who had just called my name, and where it was coming from. I looked back at The Cauldron, but there was no one there, absolutely no one. I growled under my breath and continued walking.
Eventually, I found myself sitting in a local diner I’d been coming to since I was a little kid. The waitress, who looked like she was still living in the fifties, walked over to me, popping her gum and looking like she couldn’t wait to have a smoke break.
“What can I get ya, kid?” She asked in a heavy New York accent.
“Um, just a monster sundae, please.” She looked at me funny, then popped her gum and said “Anything else?”
“Uh, no, Thanks.” She walked away to get my order saying nothing else. There were only a few people here, but they were all adult couples, sipping wine or fat pedophile-resembling old men gulping down beer and eating ribs. Jeesh, at eleven-fifty at night don’t you think these creeps would just give up for the night? The music playing was some olden music, but I recognized the beat, and I could see an elderly lady wagging her fingers to it. I smiled at her when she looked my way, but she just shot me a dirty look and went back to wagging her finger. Finally, the waitress came back with my order, a smirk on her wrinkled face.
“Here. Enjoy.” Her tone was definitely not one of enjoyment. But, being the polite girl that I am, I smiled, thanked her and took a big bite out of my favorite sundae. I sat there, eating my sundae quite peacefully, trying hard not to think of the whole incident at The Cauldron with Carson. I wasn’t surprised neither him nor Brooke had been out looking for me yet. How was I so sure? Because Brooke would know exactly where to find me, so if she or Carson were to have been out looking for me, they’d be here already. I hated this! I wish things would just go back to the way before they got into all this *edit your post and this will go away*! Ever since then…I feel like I’m the only one-
“Excuse me, is this seat taken?” My head snapped up so fast, I heard it crack. I whimpered lightly, and reached my hand up to rub it. His voice was like velvet, intoxicating, so all I could do was shake my head slightly. He smiled a breathtaking smile, and I saw his moss-green eyes sparkle. He had dark brown hair, kind of like milk chocolate, and silky smooth fair skin. He took the seat right next to me and in almost an instant; the waitress was before him, batting her eyelashes and pouting out her lips like one of those stupid celebrities who think it’s hot to look like a blow fish. I disguised my laugh at her with a light cough and took another bite out of my sundae to keep my mouth shut.
“Hello. What may I get ya?” She asked in the most desperate voice I’ve ever heard. Really. It was even worse than when Carson begged for my forgiveness. And man, was that desperate. I smirked again, this time not bothering to hide it. I saw her dull brown eyes flash my way, but other than that, she ignored me.
“Just a cup of coffee, Maureen.” I saw her eyes widen at his use of her name, but she quickly flashed him a smile, and went back to batting her eyelashes.
“Anything else, honey?” Ugh. She was beginning to irk me. He smiled and shook his head, letting his perfectly straight hair wave from side to side. I almost fell out of my chair his hair smelled so amazing. In fact he himself smelled amazing. Maureen winked at him and went to the back to get what he ordered. In the meantime, I was doing all I could not to hyperventilate right then and there. I mean, he was gorgeous!

“The Monster Sundae, huh? That used to be my favorite, too.” I looked up at him. He was smiling a breathtaking smile, but I also saw that there was a smirk hidden in it, making it even more attractive. I finally managed to say “Oh, uh yeah. It’s the best.” That’s it Lexae, that was real smart. He laughed and it was like music to my ears. Maureen sauntered back up to us and placed a small cup of hot coffee in from of him, smiling an (in my opinion, very ugly) smile. He thanked her, his eyes not once leaving mine. He took a long sip, and gracefully put the mug back down.
“So, where’s your boyfriend?” I stared at him dumbly. Did he really just ask me that? Coming from anybody else, I would have told them to *edit your post and this will go away* off, but the way he asked it was almost sarcastically. He was smirking (gorgeously, I may add) at me, his eyes dancing playfully around the diner as if looking for him. A giggle escaped my lips, to which I covered my mouth and blushed lightly. His smirk only got bigger.
“Uh, he’s at The Cauldron, but we got into a fight.” I blurted. Crap! Why’d I just say that!?

“Oh really? Well, he must be a jackass to upset you.”
“Well… yeah.” I stammered. That was real smart too, Lexae, way to go. He had stopped looking at me and was now taking another sip from his coffee. I looked around, surprised to see that we were now the only people here apart from the workers. How long had it been since he came and sat next to me? It felt like I was just running out of The Cauldron, the hot tears begging to fall down my cheeks.
“Can I get ya anything else, kid?” Maureen stood above me, a tight smirk on her face. I looked to the left of me. Empty. Where had he gone? He was right there! Maureen, noticing me, whispered “He went to take a phone call. But you betta stay away from him, you’re much too young for him.” I glared at her. Who did she think she was, telling me I better stay away from him? And what did she know about his age? I was about to tell her off when all of a sudden, guess who decided to burst through the doors?
“Lex! Hehe, there you are!” Yup, Brooke Fallows, my best friend burst through the doors of The Carolina Diner, drunk as a bat. Well, not technically since bats can’t get drunk, but you get the idea. I looked behind her. Nope. No Carson. Great. She stumbled up to me, wrapping her arms around me in a hug, only it wasn’t much of a hug, more of a here-hold-me-before-I-fall gesture. Her long blonde hair felt soft and silky on my hands, and I could smell the beer in her breath.
“Brooke.” I said, righting her up so she was standing in front of me. Maureen’s hard snicker vibrated through the room as she turned to leave. Brooke’s sea-blue eyes looked down at me sincerely, and there was a big, goofy grin on her face. With her standing right in front of me, I could better get a smell of her nasty beer-filled breath, (unfortunately for my nose). She giggled and tried to lift me up by my arm, but I wouldn’t budge. She turned her carefree face down into a frown and was just about to pout and moan for me to get up when he entered the diner again.
“Well, I have to go, thanks for the coffee, Maureen.” He said smoothly, putting down a ten dollar bill on the counter next to his cup of unfinished coffee. She smiled sweetly (barf) at him, thanked him, and batted her heavily make-upped eye lashes at him in a way that made me feel like I was going to puke. He turned to me, a breath-taking sixty four watt smile on his face and said in the most sexiest most seducing voice I have ever heard, “Have a nice night, Lex.” Then, he turned around, and walked out of the room as gracefully as an angel.

“Ooooooooh! Girlie, who the hell was that!?” Brooke erupted into girly giggles. I felt my face heat up and knew I was blushing. I looked up to Maureen, who was angrily glaring at me like an evil dragon straight from hell.
“Are you going to have anything else, or are you just going to sit here and hit on guys way too old for you?” She snapped.
“No, I think he was good enough. Bring the bill.” I smiled sweetly at her. She turned around muttering something about how “I was a useless little slut who was just begging to be raped” to get my bill. When she was out of sight, I turned to face Brooke. God, what was I going to do with her?

“Brooke, how much did you have to drink tonight?” I asked in a gentle tone. First rule to dealing with a drunken Brooke: Do not upset her. That is, unless you want her to have a freaking mental breakdown wherever you are. And believe me, I sooo did not need one of her drunken tantrums right now. She stuck her soft pink lips out in a pout that made her look like a little kid again.
“Not a lot, Lexae, I swear.” I frowned at her. She bit her lip and looked around.
“Okay, fine, I had a few. Happy now?” I could feel the edge of frustration in her tone.
“How much, Brooke? Six? Seven? Ten?” I asked in a lighter tone. Her bottom lip stuck out. Uh-oh, not good.
“Ten!? Do you honestly think that of me? No, Lexae, I had eight, not ten. Good Lord, talk about exaggeration.”
“Eight!?” I squeaked. Eight bottles of beer? My goodness, it was getting worse.
“Your bill. And hush with the tones, girls, this is a public place.” Maureen threw down my bill, anger still plain on her face. I pulled out my wallet, placed down a ten and got up, shoving my wallet back into my black purse.
“Let’s go, Brooke.” I mumbled, grabbing her arm and leading her out of The Carolina Diner without another word. As soon as we were out, she yanked her wrist away from my grasp, and held it to her chest like I’d broken it or something. Her face was twisted in a way that made her look like a hurt little child, right before they screamed out their tantrums. *edit your post and this will go away*, I mumbled to myself. I did not need this right now.
“Yes, Lexae, I had eight. Eight isn’t a lot, Jeesh. You’re acting like my Mama.”
“No, Brooke, eight is a lot, it’s enough to make you drunk! Why do you do this? You’re the prettiest girl I know, but when you drink, you act like a five year old, which, by the way, is not cute at all.” I yelled, running my hand through my dark brown hair. I closed my eyes, wishing myself away from here. Away from this life.
“*edit your post and this will go away*! You’re supposed to be my best friend, but you’re always hurting me, treating me like you’re better, like everything revolves around you, when in reality, nothing does!” Her scream echoed throughout the night, and I could see Maureen from one of the windows, her face wrinkled even more with the tight frown on her face.
I rolled my eyes, rubbed my temples and turned away from Brooke, walking off in the opposite direction with out another word.
“See! You’re walking away from me, right now. Lex! Lexae, don’t walk away from me! Stop!” I didn’t even look back before I took off running.

The wind felt so good whipping through my shoulder-length hair, that I didn’t care it was really chilly. I didn’t know where I was going, but I knew I had to get out of there. Sure, Brooke would be pissed at me. That is, if she remembered. I don’t really know if I wanted her to or not, I guess I just didn’t care as of right now. The trees surrounding me looked luminous and dark in the night, giving me a sense of fear, but, like usual, I chose to ignore it. An owl hooted from somewhere to the right of me, and I could smell the heavy scent of the Cape Fear River just up ahead. Not surprising, the street was empty, no car lights anywhere I could see, and definitely no people walking around. Not even the drug sellers dared come out on these streets this late. This town had way too many creep stories for anybody with a brain to want to walk along these streets at night, alone. But me, I find it quite calming and peaceful. Well, sort of. I do get scared, but ignoring it makes me feel better.
I could see the pier of The Cape Fear River just up ahead and suddenly I felt a heavy urge to go and sit in the edge, and swish my bare feet around in the water. Now that attracted me more than it scared me, so I walked right up to the end of the pier, took off my black sandal high heels, and plopped my feet into the cold, dark water of The Cape Fear River. Being so close, the only scent that filled my nose was the heavy fish smell that came along with pretty much any river. The moonlight shimmered in the water, and I could see little splashes where schools of fish went swimming by. I could see the craters of the moon, and remembered how Brooke used to say that they made a face, if you squinted real hard. We’d always laugh and pretend like we could see a big, hunky movie star’s face when we were in middle school. Now, she barely even notices anything. I took a deep sigh, and splashed my hand in the clasping cold water. For some reason, it felt colder on my hand than it did on my feet.
As I was swishing my fingers around, trying to make them get used to coolness of the river, I saw a big, huge black fish swim just under my feet. Its body was slimy, but prickly at the same time. I gasped, and ripped myself away from the water, scrambling away from the edge of the pier. What was that? It was hideous, and it felt even creepier and nastier than it looked. I kept my eyes fixated on the water, hoping what I had just seen and (unfortunately) touched, was just my ridiculous imagination. I slowly crawled closer to the edge, peered into the dark water, but couldn’t see a thing. Daringly, I dipped my finger in, and swished it around. Huh. Nothing. Maybe it was just my imagination after all. I stood up and laughed at myself. To get so spooked at nothing! It was when I was laughing when the pier rocked, causing me to lose my balance and fall, just barely catching myself so that I didn’t fall into the water.

Okay, now what was that?! I struggled to get back on my feet, so I could get the hell outta here, but my body didn’t want to move. I was frozen there, sitting on my bum, clutching a pier brace so hard it hurt my side. My breaths were deep and heavy, and my heart was beating like a rap song. I shakily ran my hand through my hair, forcing myself to calm down. My internal pep talks weren’t doing much. Okay, I thought, just breathe.

Quivering, I slowly stood up, being careful to keep my eye on the river. I was standing up straight, battling within myself about whether to run like a freaked maniac out of here, or to stay and see what the hell that thing was. And what if it didn’t come back? My curiosity got the best of me, and I slowly and carefully kneeled down. Not wanting it to jump up and slap me in the face, I straightened my self up again and was just turning to leave when all of a sudden a very loud, very big splash rippled through the soundless night air, and sprayed all over my backside, drenching me in freezing cold water. I whipped around, shivering, my eyes as wide as saucers.
“H-Hello?” My voice was shaky, and it wasn’t just because of how cold I was.
I didn’t walk forward, but I also didn’t run. I just sort of, stood there, paused, waiting (stupidly) for an answer. If the thing was going to come back. Why wasn’t I running? I wondered. This time, the whole entire pier rocked, and when I say rocked, I mean rocked like a freaking earthquake. I stumbled, attempted to grab the pier brace, but slipped my finger right by it, sending a sharp splinter into four of my fingers, then slipped, smacked my head on the end of the pier, and I plunged into the cold, dark water.

The cold wrapped itself around my body, suffocating me like a boa constrictor. It was like I was watching myself struggle again the current, waving my arms around me, trying to swim up for air, but my arms hurt too much, and I was losing the feeling in them quickly. I couldn’t see anything, and the deeper I fell, the darker things got, whether it be do to the fact that this was a known dark river, or because I was blanking out, I didn’t know. I kicked and jerked my body, struggling deeply to swim to the surface, but instead of moonlight, things just got darker and darker. My lungs felt like they were on fire, and my vision was blurring so that I couldn’t even see my arms or legs reached out in front of me. The last thing I remember thinking was ‘so this is how it ends. . .’

Chapter 2
Groggily, I opened my eyes to a dark room; the only light in the room was coming from a small dimly lit candle on a nightstand next to me. The bed I lay in was one of those regal beds, with the four metal poles and the big canopy over top. The canopy was a light, soothing lavender color, as were the covers I was wrapped under. In the dim light, I could see that there were two nightstands, one on either side of me, a dresser with an elegant mirror on it to the right of me, and another dresser with a big, TV on top of it.
I attempted to sit up, but an overwhelming headache came over me and I lay back down. I was in a fog, and I could feel my eyes wanting to droop. Am I alive? The question flashed through my head. But I can’t be. . I was drowning in The Cape Fear River. All alone, at night. I have to be dead. I mean, who could’ve seen me?

“You’re awake.” It wasn’t a question. I looked to where the eerily familiar seductive voice came from. It was where I could see a door, opened just a crack, and he was standing in the room. How did he get in that quickly and quietly for me not to notice him? I opened my mouth to respond, but nothing came out. Finally, I managed to just lightly nod my head. He walked closer to the bed so that he was right at the edge, looking down at me with his gorgeous green eyes that shimmered in the candle light.

“I-I’m sorry . . . but I never got your name.” I stuttered, surprising myself I could even talk. He smiled, his eyes twinkling playfully.
“It’s Luke.” His voice was just above a whisper. “But you’ve been through a lot, it’d be best for you to go back to sleep.”
“So, does this mean I’m still . . .” My voice trailed off, not wanting to finish the rest of my sentence. He chuckled, a sound so seductive I could just kiss him. In fact, that’s exactly what I wanted to do.
“Yes, you’re still alive, don’t worry. I’ll explain it later, after you’ve had some more rest, Lex.” His voice had taken a light edge of sternness. I felt myself wanting to do whatever he said for some reason. I nodded at him, which he returned with another sixty four watt smile. He leaned in closer to me, his face only inches from mine. His smooth, warm hand caressed the side of my face, and he lightly brushed some of my hair out of my eyes. For a second, I thought he was going to kiss me, but I wasn’t exactly disappointed when he moved away from my lips, to my ear, and whispered in that seductive voice of his “I’ll be back soon enough, Lex. Until then, sweet dreams.” His voice was cool, and smelled clean and fresh. Then, without another word, he left the room, closing the door silently behind him. As soon as he whispered in my ear, my eyes felt unusually heavy, and when he left the room, they suddenly closed, and I fell straight into a deep sleep.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
Kacela
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
Kacela

Female Posts : 24

Character sheet
Name:
Affinities : All elements(:

(Unnamed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Unnamed)   (Unnamed) EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks guys! I just finished some more - so tell me if it's good or not.

dream was unusually happy. In it, I was in a beautifully calm meadow, with just myself, lying there in the flowers. Luke appeared, and even the birds greeted his gorgeous self with a lovely harmony. It was night, and the crescent moon seemed to shine a single light on him, making him shimmer in silver light. Even in my dream he was breathtaking. He gracefully moved over to me, the moon’s single light following him like a spotlight, enhancing every feature on his beautiful body. With ever graceful step he took, my heart seemed to speed up, and my breaths seemed to get faster and shorter. Suddenly, he was gone, vanished into thin air. I frantically looked around, getting worried. Where had he gone? Just as soon as he’d disappeared, he was suddenly kneeling right in front of me. I sucked in a sweet breath as his smell filled in the air around me. I don’t know what he used, but his smell was a mixture of sweet yet dark and seductive.
“Luke,” I whispered, and a light breeze seemed to carry his name around him, and he broke out a beautiful sixty four watt smile. Now he lay on the ground next to me, snaking his hands through my hair gently. I giggled lightly, and turned on my side so I could see him. He was too beautiful to be human. He looked like he’d been crafted from gods. My hand reached outward and caressed his cheek. His skin was silk to the touch and it made me want to do nothing but throw myself in his smooth yet strong arms and stay there forever. What are you talking about, you still have a boyfriend! My conscience screamed in my head so loudly my hand immediately hurled itself back into my chest, and my eyes widened. His face turned into a worried, startled look at my sudden jerkiness. I tried to say “I’m sorry” but all that came out was a little squeak.
Suddenly his beautiful face transformed. His moss-green eyes instantly changed into coal black with a hint of redness glowing around them, his smile changed from beautiful and inviting to dangerous and lethal, and as he opened his mouth I saw the moon light that had been following him had a blackish tint to it now, making it appear like blackness was floating around him. His mouth opened, and my horrified scream pierced the sereneness of the meadow, and the next thing I knew, I was sitting up in my bed, panting heavily with sweat bead rolling down my forehead.

My head hurt like hell, and my whole entire body was sore. Ignoring the dream, I looked around, expecting Luke to be standing in the doorway, looking sexy and sweet, but instead, the door was tightly closed, and the room was getting darker by the second. I looked to the clock that was a few inches away from the candle to the right of me. It read 3:20AM. Great. I’d only been asleep for an hour. Oh, wait, 3:20 AM?! My parents were going to kill me! I leaped off the bed, throwing the covers up into the air to only notice that I was completely and utterly stark naked.
“Ah, hell!” I shrieked in embarrassment. No wonder those covers had felt so warm, yet cool against me. It was because I was naked! My eyes riveted the room, searching freely and quickly for my clothes, or any clothes at that, but all I could find was a big, out-stretched t-shirt with a skull on it. Much to my annoyance, I slipped it on, and opened the door, surprised to see that the hallway was a rich green meadow color, and it was lit up just enough to make a mood. The hallway wasn’t as long as I had thought it to be, and as I was making my way down it, I could hear the murmuring voices of two people obviously in a serious conversation. I stopped and leaned my ear against the wall, hoping to hear what they were saying. Okay, yeah I know eavesdropping isn’t really a nice thing to do to a totally hot guy who had just saved your life, but I couldn’t help it – I was a nosy person. As I pressed my ear closer to the wall, I could just make out that one of the voices was Luke.
“No, Venus, you don’t understand.” His tone was annoyed and defensive.
“No, I don’t.” A voice so seductive it would make any guy fall to their knees hissed.
“Look, Venus it was something that had-“
“Hello.”

I yelped loudly and jumped at her sudden appearance. My God was she beautiful. Her skin was a creamy, silky porcelain, her eyes a piercing Caribbean blue, her lips a soft pink and so full Angelina Jolie would be jealous.
She smiled warmly at me, which seemed to brighten her whole entire face up, not to mention the room. Her long, lush wavy blonde hair cascaded down to her waist. I was completely speechless. She was the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen in my entire life. And that includes ALL the actresses who make it their life long job to make themselves appear as perfect as they can be. She wore a simple white v-necked t-shirt paired with some dark washed artist jeans and lovely colored sky blue flats. Her body curved in all the right spots, a body every woman would kill to have.
“It’s Lexae, right?” At the sound of her seductive voice, I drifted my eyes back to hers. When I tried to speak, nothing came out so instead I just nodded like an idiot.
“I’m Venus.” Her eyes twinkled and I notice she had her delicate hand out for me to shake. I (very shakily) stuck out my own and shook her soft, fragile hand.
“Lexae? What are you doing out of bed?” I didn’t look away from Venus. It was like I couldn’t, and I didn’t know why. But I knew who that rough yet seductive voice belonged to.
“I need to get home.” I surprised myself by answering him without stuttering or babbling like a moron. I felt his hand rest on my shoulder and felt the tingles ripple throughout my body.
“Luke, she’s right. Her parents are probably going to kick her *edit your post and this will go away*.” Venus’s eyes slipped out of my gaze and looked behind me, focusing on what I assumed to be was Luke. Finally, at that time, a weird zing went through my body and I could turn around and face Luke. Looking into his moss-green eyes again had me wanting to never leave, stay here forever, even though I didn’t really know him and I already have a boyfriend.
“Are you sure you’re fine? Does your head hurt?” Luke completely ignored Venus and settled his gaze on me. I nodded.
“I’m fine. That is, unless my parents find out what happened.” Luke’s light laughter drifted through the air like music to my ears.
“Well. Her clothes are in the dryer, I think they’re done though.” Venus snapped me out of gazing dreamily into Luke’s eyes. Luke didn’t so much as flinch. How did he not feel the effects of her voice? Every time she spoke it made me want to do things… and I’m soooo not a lesbian, so why the hell didn’t he feel them? Eventually, Luke’s eyes broke our gaze at each other and he rested his eyes on Venus. Was it just me or did I just see anger flash through his eyes? I must have just imagined it, because when I looked at them again, the only thing I could see was gentleness and kindness.
“Thanks.” He said smoothly. Then he slipped my hand in his and we both walked down his long hallway. We were both quiet, but as soon as we got to his laundry room, my mouth gave a little squeak. It was amazing. The walls were a purple that seemed to have an immediate calming effect on them and the smooth marble flooring under my feet was the coolest thing I’d ever stepped on. He chuckled at me and walked over to his slick matching black laundry machines. Gentle opening the dyer he lifted out my favorite black casual blouse and acid washed artist jeans. I let out a soft “yay” and quickly took them from his offering hand.
He chuckled.
“Girls and their clothes.” He murmured, touching my hand intimately. I froze. Looking into each other’s eyes, I felt him rub circles around the top of my hand.
“Too bad, too. I really like how you look in my shirt.” His right hand moved from my hand and up my arm. His fingers felt like magic running up and down my slender arm. I heard myself let out a soft, light moan as his left hand wrapped around the back of my neck.

“Hey, Lover Boy, I suggest you get her home soon, it’s almost five, and don’t parents leave for work around this time?”

He ripped his hands from me and turned back to the dryer, closing the lid quietly. I heard him mumble something, but couldn’t make out what it was. He motioned for me to follow him, and he led me back down to his room.
“Change. I’ll be right here, so just come out when you’re done and we can get you home.” If it weren’t for the softness in his voice, I would have yelled at him for ordering me around. Instead I just weakly nodded my head, still numb from his intimidate touch in the laundry room, walked into his room and *edit your post and this will go away* the door behind me. My clothes were warm, and smelled of vanilla and lavender mixed together.
My neck and hand were still hot and tingly from his touch, and my head was still spinning. Oh my god! I shrieked in my head. What about Carson? A feeling of guilt washed over me, but I forced it out of my mind. I wasn’t going to think about this. I mean, he just touch my hand. And my neck. And I moaned. And I liked it. I wanted to kiss him. Okay, stop! I was so not going to think about this! I slipped my warm clothes on and put on my black sandal wedges that I suddenly found lying next to the bed I was just in a couple of minutes ago. Taking a quick glance in the mirror, I noticed something different about myself. It was my eyes. They looked…drained. I stopped myself from fixing my hair, telling myself that it was stupid to do so if I didn’t like Luke. And I mean I couldn’t. I had a boyfriend. I opened the door and was greeted with a crooked smile that made me want to drop to me knees.
“Ready?”
“No.” I blurted. Instantly I felt my cheeks redden and my hand flew up to cover my mouth, making me look like a child. His smile only got bigger. We walked around until we quickly came to his front door, slipped outside and walked down the sidewalk. I knew this part of town. It had such an interesting history. So many ghosts are said to be lurking around every corner waiting for victims… Then something came to me. If this place was said to be so scary and ghost-infected, why would anyone want to live here? But before I could open my mouth to ask Luke why he lived here, I saw a figure off in the distance ahead of us. It was familiar, and I instantly recognized him. I separated myself from Luke’s warm strong body. I saw his head turn to look at me in confusion, but I didn’t return his look. Instead I kept looking straight forward, my eyes locked on him. Had he been looking for me? Or was he just drunk out of his mind and was kicked out of the bar – again? As soon as we stepped into the light, he smiled so wide I had to stifle a laugh.

“Lex!” He said gleefully, running up and hugging me.
“Where have you been? I’ve been searching for you! Babe, I’m so sorry about the whole club scene.” His eyes begged me to forgive him.
“I’m assuming this is your boyfriend?” Luke’s voice was polite, but you’d had to have been stupid if you didn’t hear the edge of sarcasm to it. I thanked him with my eyes that he didn’t include the jackass before boyfriend. It was obvious though.
That’s when Carson finally seemed to notice him. Instantly his expression hardened. I rolled my eyes, already knowing what was going to happen next.
“Who the hell’re you?” Carson’s beer-scented breath wafted through the air as he glared down Luke like an animal. I sighed and put my forehead into my hand.
“Luke. And please, I’m not some twelve-year old girl. Beer breath is disgusting.” Luke growled, taking a step back from Carson, who had gotten all in his face. I had to bite my cheek in order to not laugh. Carson growled under his breath and let out a big breath.
“Okay, Carson, enough.” My voice sliced through the testosterone filled air and Carson instantly dropped his head like a guilty little kid who had broken his mom’s vase.
“Sorry, babe.” He murmured.
“Me too. Well. I’d better get going. See you later.” Luke gave me a secret wink and a cocky smile, and then turned to leave. I bit my lip and turned to face Carson, who was glaring a hole into Luke’s back. I sighed once more and tapped his shoulder as a signal a “let’s go”. He got the message and we walked down the road. The cool night air whipped my hair around, and whistled lightly in the distance.

“Babe, I really am sorry.” Carson’s soft voice whispered. I didn’t look at him.
“I know I’m a jackass, but I-I didn’t mean it.” This time, he put his hand on my shoulder. I was quiet. The only noise around us was an occasional hoot! hoot! from an owl and the light whistling of the wind.
“Babe?” He murmured so softly could barely hear him. He moved in front of me and put his strong hands on m shoulders, looking straight into my eyes. Instead of avoiding his gaze I looked back at him.
“Babe, please forgive me.” His eyes pleaded with mine.
“Why would you say that?” My voice was barely over a whisper. His response was immediate.
“I wasn’t thinking. I can’t live with out you, babe. Please, please don’t hate me.” His grip on me loosened so I could escape if I felt the need to. Carson was so sweet. Except for when he drank. It was like he transformed into a different person. A person I didn’t know – or liked.
“Carson. We’ve had this conversation before. Last time I said that was your last chance. You blew it. Big time. I-I don’t think I can keep doing this.” The words broke my heart, but it was what he needed to hear. It was the truth. We’d been a couple ever since grade school.
“No, baby please. Please I’ll stop drinking if it means losing you, I will.” His voice broke like he was about to cry.
“That’s what you said last time, Carson.” My words came out as a whisper. O matter, he still heard them.
“Babe, I promise, this time it will be different, it will. I swear.”
“Don’t promise me something you know you’ll break.” I felt the tears in my eyes begging to pour down my cheeks.
“Babe.” His warm thumb wiped at a tear that had slipped down my face, and he drew me into a big strong hug. Then, he pulled away and kissed me.
I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I smacked my hand on snooze and hid my head under my pillow. Ahhh. Could I just pretend yesterday was a dream?
“Lexae! Brooke is here!” I heard my father shout from downstairs. I’ll take that as a no. God, I didn’t want to deal with her right now.
“Yeah, send her up.” I called back down to him. I heard the front door shut and Brooke’s light footsteps trot up my stairs and knock on my door. I groaned, which she took (wrongly) as an okay to come in. She was dressed in her favorite school girl red plaid skirt with a v-necked white shirt. She had her hair curled towards the end, giving it a I-just-got-back-from-the-beach look.
“Hey.”
“Hey.” I said coolly.
“Look, Lex, I’m sorry.” I looked at her. Her plush red lips were turned down in a guilty frown.
“You’re right. This whole drinking thing is stupid, and makes me look….unattractive.” She said ‘unattractive’ like it was a disease. We both couldn’t help but laugh.
“Yeah, it does.” I replied with a smile.
“So. We cool?” She smiled a bright white smile. I groaned.
“Alright. Fine.” She let out a ‘yippee’ and rushed over to wrap me in a big hug. We laughed and talked for a little bit before I told her I had to take a shower and get dressed. She left, but not without making plans for a movie later on tonight.

After my shower I darted downstairs for lunch. It was already noon, so no point in eating breakfast. I eagerly picked out a hot pocket and stuck in the microwave. It was when I was pouring myself some Dr. Pepper that she entered.

“Lexae Ann! Can I ask where you were last night?” I jumped at the sound of her voice and ground my teeth. I spun around and stared at her.
“Well?” She snapped, her lightly wrinkled face twisted in an inpatient angered expression. I groaned to myself and rolled my eyes. “Don’t you dare roll those God-given eyes at me, Lexae Ann!”
“Susan. I was at home.” I grumbled, grabbing my hot pocket and placing it on the table along with my cup of Dr. Pepper trying to ignore my step-mother’s stern glare.
“Susan? How many times do I have to tell you, Lexae Ann? I am to be called your Mother.” I ignored her and took a bite out of my lunch.
“Are you even listening to me? Lexae Ann! And why are you eating this junk food? Did you even ask to have that kind of beverage?”
“Don’t need to.” I simply replied. There was a long pause.
“Why do you hate me so much?” Her voice broke at the end of her sentence and I didn’t even have to look up to know she was pulling the maybe-if-I-cry-you’ll-listen-to-me *edit your post and this will go away* she’s been using on my Dad and me ever since she moved in. The only difference when she did it to me and my Dad was that Dad fell for it. I didn’t. And I never will. I hated her, and she knew it. The feeling was mutual for her anyways. I’d finally had enough of her crap crying that I got up, grabbed my drink and shoved the rest of my hot pocket into my mouth and left.
“Lexae Ann! Don’t you dare walk away from me!”
I chuckled at her as I locked myself in my room.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down

(Unnamed)
Page 1 of 1