House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Darkest Powers

Go down 
+2
Brittni
Soupkan.Kid
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: Kamara
Affinities : Werewolf

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:36 pm

All Chloe Saunders wants is a life like any normal teenager – the chance to get through school, make friends, and maybe meet a boy. But when she starts seeing ghosts, she knows that like will never be the same again.

Soon the ghosts are everywhere, demanding her attention. When Chloe finally breaks down, she’s admitted to a group home for disturbed kids. At first Lyle House seems okay, but as she gets to know the other patients – charming Simon and his ominous, unsmiling brother Derek; obnoxious Tori; and Rae, who has a ‘thing’ for fire – Chloe begins to realise that something strange and sinister binds them all together, and it isn’t your usual ‘problem kid’ behaviour.

And they’re about to discover that Lyle House is not your usual group home, either…

Characters:

Chloe - is a fifteen-year-old girl who aspires to become a film director. She is diagnosed as a schizophrenic while at Lyle House. She is actually a necromancer, able to see and raise ghosts from the dead. She is taken to Lyle House after seeing a ghost and reacting violently. Chloe comes to realize the others' powers, and that they were all placed in Lyle House specifically. She gets along particularly well with Rae and Simon, developing some feelings for them later. She is contacted several times by her former roommate, Liz, who was transferred, and derives her suspicion from the fact that Liz would have to be a ghost, and therefore dead, for her to speak with Chloe. She escapes Lyle House after learning of its true nature from its ghosts, despite being drugged and taken to a hospital afterward. She is shown to have some control of her abilities by the end of the book, which she uses to contact Liz's ghost to help her escape. She is described as a small (about five feet), often mistaken for a child and having blue eyes with blond hair that she streaks red to make her look older.

Derek Souza is a sixteen-year-old, who is described as extremely tall, having brown hair and green eyes. He often frightens Chloe because he is so quiet, but this is later attributed to the fact that he is a werewolf, capable of extreme strength, speed, hearing and sight. Derek and his foster brother, Simon, share a close bond, and Derek is at first willing to stay behind while the others make their escape. Despite hesitance on both sides, he and Chloe become better friends through trying to escape and his helping her with her necromancer problems, and after she witnesses him shapeshifting. He is diagnosed as antisocial at Lyle House. (played by me)

Simon Bae is a sorcerer of Korean and Swedish descent who can cast spells, such as levitation and mist projection because he is a sorcerer. He is also fifteen-years-old. His father, a scientist named Christopher Bae, searched the world for others like him, eventually encountering Simon's foster brother, Derek, who he has a close bond with. Simon is shown to be very easygoing, as opposed to Derek's tense nature, and has a diabetic problem. He develops feelings for Chloe, agreeing to help her escape, and tells her that Derek had an incident years ago caused by his sticking up for Vietnamese. He will do anything for his brother, which influences Derek's decision to stay; after choosing to distract Davidoff for the girls to escape. He has not been diagnosed. (played by Dr Amii)

Victoria "Tori" Enright is a sixteen-year-old who is best friends with Liz. She is shown to have a crush on Simon, who does not return the feelings; she views Chloe and him always hanging out as Chloe "stealing" him. She also does not get along with Rae, confronting her several times. When Liz is transferred, she stays in her room for a while, until her mother forces her to break ties with Simon and Liz. In retaliation, Tori lures Chloe to the basement where she binds and gags her; after Chloe escapes, Tori seems to have given up, although it is thought that she reports to the doctors about the others' escape after they have left. It is speculated that Tori has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She is described as tall with short spiky black hair. she is a witch. (played by ME)

Elizabeth "Liz" Delaney is a sixteen-year-old who used to be Chloe's roommate, and is best friends with Tori. It is thought that she can unknowingly astral project, which results in her transfer after she unwittingly throws a pencil at one of the nurses. she is actually a telekinetic half demon. Desperate, she asks Chloe's help with a seance, which she believes will get rid of her poltergeist, with disastrous results. Liz is transferred, and as Chloe later learns, killed, due to her powers getting out of hand. Her ghost appears to Chloe several times unaware of her being dead, and she is summoned by Chloe after she is taken captive again. She is described as having long blond hair, and being very talkative. she becomes a poltergeist due to her half demon abilities allowing her to pick things up.

Rachelle "Rae" Rogers is another fifteen-year-old who is a half-demon, able to produce and project fire from her skin, a skill which she demonstrates early on by burning Tori, one of the other girls who she doesn't get along with. She is revealed as a half-demon only after she has been diagnosed as a pyromaniac at Lyle House. Rae's powers only manifest when she is especially angry. Rae develops a close friendship with Chloe, being the first she confides in, becoming her roommate after Liz leaves, and is suggested by her to escape with them. She is captured along with Chloe after going to her Aunt Lauren for help but then is found out to have told Dr Davidoff of their previous escape attempt. She is described as having copper skin and copper curls.

Dr. Lauren Fellows is Chloe's aunt, who is very protective of her. Aunt Lauren strongly reprimands Derek after he harms her, and is outspoken against Chloe having her urine tested. She is the woman Chloe trusts most in the world, and who she goes to after escaping and wounding her arm. However, Aunt Lauren betrays her to Dr. Davidoff, drugging her and taking her to a hospital.

Dr. Marcel Davidoff is the head of Lyle House, a scientist who oversees all patients and reports on their progress from time to time. He helps capture Chloe and Rae, and in the excerpt, is shown to have some influence over what the doctors can and cannot do.

Diane Enright is Tori's mother, who forces her to stop speaking with Simon. She is a financier who donates much money to Lyle House, shown in the excerpt to have influence over even Davidoff.

Last edited by Soupkan.Kid on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://black-obsidian.deviantart.com
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:39 pm

i'll be Derek Very Happy

Derek is noted to be extremely intelligent and he excels in scientific studies. He is diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder though this is later shown as false, as with Chloe and Tori's diagnoses.

Derek shows extreme loyalty to those he cares about and trusts though he can appear to be quite cold and apathetic to those he feels doesn't deserve consideration. He suggests leaving Tori to fend for herself when the first escape but quickly backs down when this idea is vetoed by both Chloe and Simon. He quickly comes to care for Chloe but, finding it hard to express his feelings and not wanting to step on his brother's toes, he hides his attraction by yelling at her and berating her mistakes. However, he soon comes to realise that this isn't the right way to act and attempts to change his ways.

He is described as being very tall (over 6 ft at least) and broad shouldered with brown hair and peircing green eyes.

When Chloe was attack by a random girl in the alley with Tori Derek step in and almost threw her at the wall but was stop by Chloe to which Derek yelled at her afterward saying that he can't keep on looking out and protecting her all the time yet after he said that he kept on protecting and looking out of Chloe at all times which may have shown signs that he started to have feelings for Chloe

looks:The Darkest Powers Ash_po10
Back to top Go down
Brittni
Discovering that the High Priestess is evil
Brittni

Female Virgo Monkey

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I'll be Rae =]
Back to top Go down
Brittni
Brittni

Female Virgo Monkey

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:35 pm

The Darkest Powers Animegirlfire

Rae is another fifteen-year-old who is a half-demon, able to produce and project fire from her skin, a skill which she demonstrates early on by burning Tori, one of the other girls who she doesn't get along with. She is revealed as a half-demon only after she has been diagnosed as a pyromaniac at Lyle House. Rae's powers only manifest when she is especially angry. Rae develops a close friendship with Chloe, being the first she confides in, becoming her roommate after Liz leaves, and is suggested by her to escape with them. She is captured along with Chloe after going to her Aunt Lauren for help but then is found out to have told Dr Davidoff of their previous escape attempt. She is described as having copper skin and copper curls.
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 pm

yay thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amii~.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Amii~.

Female Virgo Monkey

Character sheet
Name:

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:00 am

I'll be Simon. (: I like that name~.

And is it just me or is this based of a book? xD. I feel like I've heard of it. /: But I might be crazy..
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:05 am

yeah it's based on a book by kelley armstrong ... well it's a trilogy but it's really good Very Happy and thanky so much for joining
Back to top Go down
Amii~.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Amii~.

Female Virgo Monkey

Character sheet
Name:

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 am

(x I thought so~. I'm gonna look for the books. They sound good.
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 pm

(they are Very Happy all of her books are amazing Smile)
Back to top Go down

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:32 pm

i'll be simon ya i loved the books
Back to top Go down
Drippy
Your friends forgive you
Your friends forgive you
Drippy

Female Aries Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Emilina Blake
Affinities : Earth,Water, ShaddowCasting

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Elizabeth i am!
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm

thanks guys - i think amii is simon, RTW, but you can make up a guy char if you want or ask amii if she wants to swap Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:52 am

nvr mind then im in too many rps anyway
Back to top Go down
Altair1992
Sneaking off campus to Utica Square
Sneaking off campus to Utica Square
Altair1992

Male Gemini Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Altair
Affinities : Air, Water, Fire

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Dang simon was my fave char from the books lol who do ya want me to be? I can play guy or girl.
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:28 pm

coool you've read the books Very Happy well i'd like some of the main chars to be filled up Smile but if you dont wanna play a girl you can make up a guy char
Back to top Go down
Amii~.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Amii~.

Female Virgo Monkey

Character sheet
Name:

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:51 pm

If you'd like me to double I can, bytheway, if you wanted to get this going~. (:
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

that'd be great Very Happy
i really need a chloe which i think you'd be perfect for Smile
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I'll double as Tori too.
Back to top Go down
Amii~.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Amii~.

Female Virgo Monkey

Character sheet
Name:

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Okie doe. (: Chloe it is, then~.
Back to top Go down
Drippy
Your friends forgive you
Your friends forgive you
Drippy

Female Aries Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Emilina Blake
Affinities : Earth,Water, ShaddowCasting

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:20 am

When will we start?
Back to top Go down
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:27 pm

we can start now if you like Razz i'm real sorry i've been away so long but my net broke >.<
Back to top Go down
Amii~.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Amii~.

Female Virgo Monkey

Character sheet
Name:

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm sorry about your net. D: Your picture is really pretty, bytheway, is that you?
Back to top Go down
Daughter Of Nyx
Discovering the Red Fledglings
Discovering the Red Fledglings
Daughter Of Nyx

Female Sagittarius Horse

Character sheet
Name: Nyxzen
Affinities : Earth, air, fire, water, spirt, & shadow casting.

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:49 pm

((Do youu need anyone else to join?))
Back to top Go down
http://nightowlcafe.findforum.net
Soupkan.Kid
Temporary Mod
Soupkan.Kid

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:25 pm

(yes yes people please join Razz or anyone who is still interested pm me to let me know or post here Very Happy)
Back to top Go down

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:03 pm

I would like to join, just let me know which character you want me to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Darkest Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Powers   The Darkest Powers Empty

Back to top Go down

The Darkest Powers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next