House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Powers first two chapters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
frankielillie
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
frankielillie

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Francesca
Affinities : spirit, water, air

Powers first two chapters Empty
PostSubject: Powers first two chapters   Powers first two chapters EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Chapter One:
This is where it all began:
“You Jerk! I cant believe that you would do this to me!” That was my best friend Amy. She wasn’t yelling at me but her boyfriend Eric who cheated on her....agian.
“Amy! Its not what it looks like!” He said.
But this time. Something funny happened....well not funny but you know, odd. I literally felt Amy’s broken heart, I could feel exactly what she was feeling: Mad and heart broken. It was the weirdest thing that had happened to me–-at the time. And instead of Amy yelling at him it was me.
“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!” I screamed. I could feel it as if it was Amy saying it. “YOU HURT ME! BROKE MY HEART AGAIN!” No one was prapared for what happened next. I stalked across the room and slapped Eric as hard as I could across the face. “DON’T YOU EVER BEG TO COME BACK TO ME! JERK!” I then stormed out of the room.

My first power came to me that night. I am now an Empath. Which means that I am a witch that has powers. Not the ones that you see on TV with the ugly noses, hats and broomsticks but a kind that uses her powers for good...or at least tries to. It has been a month since that day with Eric. So I am still a new at all of this but so far I hated being a witch. Well first I had to switch schools to this psyco one where other “witches” went to and my friend Amy is scared of me. The weirdest part of all of this is though that there was no record of witches in my family. So apparently I am very powerful.
I am now sitting in my dorm room with my witch roommate Kathy. She was nice but it didnt take a rocket scientist to figure out she was scared to death of me let alone a Empath. Some of the teachers are even afraid of me. But then again I am the oh mighty powerful witch or whatever. Right now all I know is that I am a witch and I am sappost to get even more powers and become the most powerful witch in the world. I was forced to go to this school for two reasons: so if I grew into another power humans wouldnt be able to figure out I was a witch. And the most important reason—or so I’ve heard—so I use my powers for good. But that didnt mean that I didnt put up a fight so I didnt have to come here.

“Okay class,” my teacher Miss Lopotest said, “today we are going to learn more about witches instead of practicing our powers. Most witches have only one power. There are very few aceptions like for Lily and Jake. We all though can cast spells. But we must not do them for personal gain. Our powers are nutrual. Not good or evil. It depends on us to decide what way to use them. So if you ever cast a spell for personal gain—we’ll get into personal gain later on this week—it WILL backfire. There has never been a case where it hasnt. Lily and Jake’s powers’ are more powerful than the rest of yours and they can cast more better, stronger spells.”
Great just what I need...kids to be more afraid of me. The only kid that wasnt afraid of me was Jake because he had more than one power too. But I was still sappost to be way more powerful them him. But me and Jake don’t really hang out. He’s really shy and I just got here a few days ago so we havent gotten to know each other yet. Im not ganna lie...Jake’s pretty hot. He has dark brown hair—almost black—and a weird shade of blue eyes. But there was something about him...I couldnt put my finger on it. Like I just felt like I know him—not just because of my power—I mean like really understand h im...which is odd, just like me now.
After my classes I got to go to my dorm room. Where I stayed the rest of the night trying to tune out Kathy’s fear for me. Eventually I fell asleep.

Chapter Two:
I woke up by a scream. It was Kathy. I shot up “What’s wrong?!” I asked alarmed.
This caused her to scream even louder. Just then one of the teachers—Mrs. Tilterpod—walked in the room. “What’s going on in here?” she asked. Her voice was more alarmed then mine. Kathy just pointed to me. “Oh my god.” Mrs. Tilterpod said with her mouth hanging open.
“What? What’s wrong with me?” I asked my voice shaking.
“Y-your invisible.” Mrs. Tilterpod stammered. She was scared. But deffinetly not as scared as Kathy was.
“Im what?” I asked. I could feel my mouth drop...not that anyone could see my face though. “How do I become....visible again?”
“I don’t know.” Mrs. Tilterpod said. She looked as if she were in shock. I glanced over at Kathy. She looked mortified, she was sitting at the corner of her bed shaking. “Ill go get another teacher.” Mrs. Tilderpod said. “Stay here.”
“O-okay.” I studdered. I couldn’t believe I was actually invisible. Well I guess in a way I’m glad my parents made me go to this school. Otherwise I would have turned invisible in front of my whole school of humans. Just then Mr. Oliver walked in. Behind him was Jake.
“Woah!” Jake said now his mouth was dropped too.
“Jake!” Mr. Oliver said, “Get back to your room!”
Jake smiled in the direction of my bed. “Well at least now Im not the only one with more that one power!” he said. It became obvious that he didnt believe the rest of the teachers when they told all the students I was going to become very powerful. Jake was happy I could feel it. From what I heard he has been here since he was five and everyone was afraid of him for being more powerful than the rest of them. But now with me here. He seemed to think we will now get along and I knew we would. When you were the only two freaks, you were bound to get along. Plus theirs that thing that I feel around him. Even if we werent freaks I had a feeling we would have gotten along.
“Jake get back to your dorm now!” Mr. Oliver said.
“Fine.” Jake said and walked out of the room.
“Can you change back?” Mr. Oliver said. He wasnt scared he was just concerned.
“How?” I asked.
“I don’t know. No one has ever had this power.” He told me. Why did he have to say it with Kathy in the room. She was so scared that she started crying. No not crying sobbing. Great, just what I need. My roommate more afraid of me than she already was.
“Maybe you should get her out of here.” I said to them.
“Good idea. Mrs. Tilterpod please get Miss Efili out of here. I know today is the kids free day so Im sure she’d like to do something.” Mr. Oliver said.
Mrs. Tilterpod nodded. “Come on Kathy, lets get you out of here. Kathy nodded.
“Im sorry Kathy. I don’t mean to scare you.” I told her.
“T-t-t-this i-isnt y-y-y-your f-f-f-f-fault.” she stammered. She was shaking so hard I was surprised that she wasnt going into a caesar. Kathy did have a reason to be afraid of me and of everyone. Kathy is the least powerful witch here. Her power is important though. It senses when evil is coming near her. She knows Im not evil but she still seems to be afraid.....of everyone. But me especially. Her and Mrs. Tilterpod walked out of the room.
“Okay,” Mr. Oliver said, “try to think about being visible. Think about being seen.”
“Okay.” I tried. “Can you see me?”
“No.” he said. A few minutes later he finally said “Did you have a nightmare last night?”
“Yes....howd you know?”
“What was it about?” he asked. He was now feeling a little bit relieved so it must help if I tell him.
“The Dark Powers where coming after me.” I told him. “I had to hide.” Oh that makes sense. I had to hide in my nightmare so it must have caused one of my powers to come. The Dark Powers are the people who use there magic for evil.
“Okay. Tell yourself that there is know threat and that there is no need to hide anymore.” he told me.
“Can you leave then?”
“Excuse me?” He said. He was still worried but shock came over him.
“I mean I can feel you. Empath here.” I said pointing to myself but I don’t know why. He obviously cant see me.
“Oh right,” he said. “Can you read anyone else’s mind?” He asked me.
“Only the people in the room.” I told him.
“Okay. I’ll be in my office. Come see me when you change back.”
“Okay,” I said, “what if I cant?”
He became more worried. “Come to my office in a few hours then.”
“Okay.” I said. He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him..

After about a hour. I changed back. It was my nightmare that set it off but to make it go away I had to sit there and meditate for that whole hour. I took a shower and changed into some clean clothes and started walking to Mr. Oliver’s office.
“Hey!” someone called after me. It was a mans voice. “Wait up!”
I turned around to see who it was and it was Jake running towards me. I stopped walking and just looked at him curiously. He was a shield which means that he can block out any magic when he wants to. He also had the power to astroproject which mean that he can be at two places at once. But his real body will make him look like he was sleeping. Apparently he gets in trouble for doing it all the time. Right now he was blocking my power so I couldnt tell what he was feeling. “I see you switched back.” he said as he caught up to me.
“Yeah.” I said. We started walking again.
“Well you have the coolest powers!” he said to me, “I wish I could turn invisible!”
I smiled. “Well your powers are pretty awesome too. Way better than mine.”
“I’ve had my first power when I was five. And I only have two. They say Im ganna get more but god its taken like 10 years for my second one to develop. I mean God how long is it ganna take to get my next one? Plus its your like what, fourth day here and you already have two? Your truly gifted.” he said smiling.
“Yeah I guess,” I said, “but it makes more people afraid of you. I sense some of the teachers are already afraid of me.”
“You would know.” he said smiling. “But im not afraid.”
“You arent huh?” I replied. “And I wouldnt know because your blocking my power.”
He blushed. Well I gatta run. Im ganna astroproject myself to go see my mom.”
“Okay. See ya later.” I told him smiling.
“Bye.”

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down

Powers first two chapters
Page 1 of 1