House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~Aphrodite~LaFont~
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
~Aphrodite~LaFont~

Female Aries Buffalo

I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions Empty
PostSubject: I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions   I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Chapter 1

I was running. I didn't know where I was or where I was going. I really didn't care. Something was chasing me. If it caught me I knew I would be no more.
As I ran things tugged at my skirts. I looked down to see what it was. Weeds. I was in the maze.
I used to play there as a child. With Arther.
All of a sudden I took a sharp left. A dead end. I was trapped.
I heard rustling.
"Did you think you could get away from me that easily my love?"
I whipped around. There was no one there.
Suddenly there was hands on my neck. Squeezing the life out of me. Before I could scream, or even start to struggle, the world went dark.

(_____________________________________________________________________________________)

I sat up in bed. The dream was to real. I had felt my life draining away.
I looked out my window. It was overlooking the gardens.
I let out a sudden scream so loud that it scared the ravens from the trees. As the silence overtook me again I began to struggle for control. I could not go back to sleep. I could not have another vision tonight. I couldn't deal with it!
I finally gave in and let sleep overtake me.
This vision was a set of pictures. The maze, a beautiful girl, and a man. Always the man. He was handsome in a frightening way.
These images flashed again and again until I came to recognizing the pictures. They had to mean something! I just couldn't figure out what.
I began seeing little details that I'd missed. A blond streak in her hair, a new turn in the maze, a wrinkle on his face.
Again and again the pictures flashed until a new one arrived. A girl I recognized in a white dress, next to a boy I had known all my life. Who was the girl and why was she next to Arther?
The last thing I see before I return to the real world was a date: April 1st 1702.
'I shall have to remember that,' I thought as I drifted into the light of the early morning sunrise.

Please tell me what you think.

Last edited by ~Aphrodite~LaFont~ on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
~Aphrodite~LaFont~
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
~Aphrodite~LaFont~

Female Aries Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions   I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 am

Is it that bad??? Is that why nobody has commented?
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Combining your affinities to save the day
Combining your affinities to save the day
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions   I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:52 am

Hey, look at the number of stories I've posted! And none has reviews. It's okay. It's just that some are too popular, people forget ther est. Don't worry, I'm here to review. I love reviewing stuff that has no reviews, quiet threads are loved! (:

I realized a problem with your first part. It's too much of telling a story instead of explaining hte emotions a person feels. Yes, I can see you're trying to explain, but maybe adding a little descriptions of the protagonist's emotions like 'My heart was hammering against my chest. Breathing heavily, almost choking on each breath, I continued running. Never once slowing down, not once stopping to rest. I was afraid, terribly afraid, penetrated by fear...' And there you go, you can go on forever. That's one way to make it more interesting and also, add to your word count. Honestly, your write is generally good, just that the 'introduction' that dream part I meant, is a little not so good... Also, put dreams in italics, makes it clearer to readers that it isn't part of the actual novel / story because if they happen to confuse it, they will find it difficult to match the ideas together.

Just suggestions, but yeah still continue on the story. Never give up. Even if no one's there to comment or keep it alive, you know you've the power and ability to keep it alive. You are great, and that's what you should believe in. It takes a long time to get a story done, and even longer to get a GOOD story done. So believe in yourself, in your ability to craft out beautiful pages of words, let it be your motivation. Don't allow reviews (esp one liner praises) to be your drive to write and your goal of writing. When you write, write it for yourself. (:

ALL THE WAY!

(pm me if you would like me to give a more thorough review... I can't really speak all that I want here or else I'll get banned)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
~Aphrodite~LaFont~
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
~Aphrodite~LaFont~

Female Aries Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions   I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try to fix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions   I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

I havn't thought of a name yet but you can give me suggestions
Page 1 of 1