House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Such Thing As A Happy Ending

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie-la
Discovering you have an affinity for Earth
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet
Name: Michiko
Affinities : Sound, Water

No Such Thing As A Happy Ending Empty
PostSubject: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Prolouge

There I stood watching the people of the village laugh at me. All of them were circled around me, pointing and laughing. From where I stood in the middle, I could not see how many there were, but I just knew that the other villages were behind them. But there were no other villages...which really made me dizzy. What in the world was happening?
I did not know how to feel. Anger, pain, hurt...All of them surged through me, but I mostly felt confusion. Why were they even laughing at me in the first place. I looked down at my outfit.
A KaKai?...Why was I wearing the Fire Clan's formal dress? I was just a servant girl. This was only wore by the heir/heiress to the Fire Throne, one of the five clans of our village.
I looked back up to the villagers and saw that they were still laughing, though in the back there was some kind of upset. I attempted to look around the people to see what was going on, but there were too many of them.
Then, something patted me on the head. I looked up and a Cherry Tree Blossom fell onto my nose and drifted slowly to the ground. I quickly scanned my surroundings. We were situated upon a hill, blooming Cherry Tress were everywhere, but through the trees the place had a strategic look down at the village...And of any intruders coming towards it...And there were strangers from the North, I noticed, but the crowd grew louder and it became an afterthought. I then realized where we were: Look Out Point.
It was the place where the men of the village proposed to the women. Insane as it was, the question was always out of the blue. The man "always found some long and complex, yet so simple way" to trick a woman up there. At least, that was what the Madame always claimed. I didn't know if every man proposed there, if they had spent hours and schemed their bride-to-be up to the hill, or if it was just the same old gossip I had always eavesdropped on. I had never been to the point myself, and I was shocked to be here.
All of a sudden, something wet and cold touched my hand. I jumped up fending off a scream only to find Chicken, my master's dog, sticking his nose in my hand. As familiar a gesture it was, it startled me. I sighed and patted his head. The peace he gave me was limited as I again became all to aware of the laughing crowd, and, in despair, I sat down on the cold trunk of the tree that I hadn't noticed before. But I felt really drowsy and didn't think anymore of it.
Back to top Go down
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Female Sagittarius Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Carter
Affinities : able to take other people's affinities

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:25 pm

I like it
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
Combining your affinities to save the day
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 pm

This was an intriguing prologue. Hmm a mountain huh? Sounds pretty cool... Like some ancient mountain in china or Japan.

Keep writing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:11 pm

You guessed it, Ger!
Back to top Go down
*~Dreamer~*
*~Dreamer~*

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Japan? It somehow reminded me of cherry blossoms and the traditional japanese wear. :X
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/690245/
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Mhmhmm. lol
Yeah, Cherry trees are my favorite...Well, they're actually tied with Willow Tress *hint* xD
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Chapter 1

I woke up from the dream in a daze. "Koori!" Madame always yelled to her fullest power.
Even when I was not totally concious I knew my line, "What service should you need?"
"Ice water, immediately."
"Yes, Madame Alexa."
"And one for me, too. With lemon." The Master could never resist ordering whatever Madame did, even if he didn't need it. The orders like that often came back untouched. If someone else did this, I would certainly frown upon it (that does call for the authority to frown upon it, though), but it was not wasting, for I took up all unfinished food and drink into my own tummy. I was more than happy for Master's weird urge.
"Yes, Master Urban." I popped out of my bed, made it at an almost inhuman rate, and retrieved two ice waters, one with and one without lemon, and made my way to Master's bedroom.
I could tell from their present state that they had just woke up. But even in early morning hours, Madame still looked perfect. Absentmindedly, I wondered if I could grow up to be that pretty. Maybe the people in the village would talk to me...Not just the traders. And then I would be brought up to Look Out Point. Someone would care for me so much that the would plan this awfully cool plan to trick me into going up there. They would propose as the sun was setting and the cherry blossoms surrounded us.
Master broke my daydream, "Can we have our waters?"
"Oh! Yes, Master Urban. Madame Alexa." I nodded to them both and handed them their beverages.
"After we finish our morning routine, please tidy up after us, Koori. We must be off fairly early today for a village meeting. If you will excuse us..." His voice drifted off, as I hurriedly obeyed.
"Yes, Master Urban. Madame Alexa." At the door I turned, and, again, nodded to them both, finally making my escape.
I quickly roamed the hall, and ran into my room. I banged open my drawers and after a few minutes I located my nessecary clothes and underwear for the day.
I had my own bathroom which made up for the time lost in navigating through my messy wardrobe. I exhaled deeply, preparing for I knew that the last couple of minutes was the only time I had to think slowly. It would be nothing, but chores and orders until tonight. I ran to the bathroom and "tidied up", as Master always put it. I hurriedly washed my face with water from my basin and ran back to the Master's bedroom.
I quickly checked my appearance, knowing Madame only tolerated the best. Though my clothes were but rags I still had to keep up myself, or so Madame always chanted. I sighed in relief, but no so much as to change my perfected posture, when I heard the doorknob click. I had barely made it on time, but barely was enough. Right on time. Chaa~!!!
Master was the first one out of the door, so was the custom of his people. The men are superiour and always first when exiting a room, being served, or anything else alike. Though you would think the rule would make them this way, the majority of the men in the village were not at all pompous, especially Master...Of course, there were a few who deserved a good beating, but most of the men in our village were rather pleasant. Or the ones that I had met. The Traders.
But Traders were a different story from the men of the village; the majority of them were from distant lands. The ones that I enjoyed the most were probably the storytellers. They always set up their tools and equipment in the audiotorium every Thursday night. The auditorium was probably the smallest structure in the village. It had a very warm feel. The small wooden pillars made it very compact. It was circular, unlike the majority of the buildings which were square, but they were brick houses. Actual buildings.
The cloth roof would seal in the heat from the fire in the middle, used to illuminate the storytellers and the few actors. You could hear the breathing of everyone around you, and it was very comforting. They would always start in this deep, ominous voice. You knew that they had many secrets to share. They would have you wrapped around their finger with the first word that came out of their mouth. And I absolutely loved---
"Koori. Koori!" Madame snapped her fingers. "Now just how long are you going to stand there in some loopy trance?"
I jumped. How long have I been going on? I've always been a bit of a daydreamer, but for Madame to be this angry. I don't understand how I do it. "Excuse me, Madame Alexa. Master Urban." I nodded to them both.
pparently amused with my being startled, Master Urban started to chuckle. I was making a spectacle.
"I'm sorry, Master Urban. Madame Alexa. Please forgive my mistake and continue to the meeting. If I hold you any longer, you shall be late. Is there any service you need to be done while you are away?"
Madame Alexa nodded and recited her list. "We need you're regular chores to be completed, but also, please clean every room in the house for we may have visitors. Make sure the house is spotless and warm for it is fortold to be cold tonight. Make sure our room is also clean. Also, feed the livestock because Andrew cannot make it today."
Master Urban added, "Oh, and could you please fix my favorite for supper? You know what I like, my dear." He smiled warmly, as he and the Madame made there way out.
"Yes, Master Urban. Madame Alexa. Be safe on your trip."
"We'll be back really late now, but that doesn't make any room for slacking," Madame Alexa shouted back.
"I understand completely, Madame Alexa. Master Urban." The door slammed shut. I noddded to them, even though they couldn't see, so was proper ettiqute.
I shuffled slowly to the barn. Town meetings seemed to never end until at least an hour or two past midnight. I had plenty of time to complete my chores.

Last edited by Katie-la on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 pm

As I took care of the animals, I idly wondered why Andrew, our handyman, was not here today. I guess he was in attendance at the town meeting, as well. It must be very important.
After they were fed, I made my way to the well to fetch some water to clean the house with. When I was done, I started towards the kitchen, probably the worst room in the house.
I scrubbed and scrubbed until the kitchen was in perfect shape. I stopped to take a break for a few minutes and survey my work. I grabbed some of the water I fetched and drank a bit. Then, I was on my way to the Master and Madame's bedroom.
I always cleaned Master and Madame's bedroom the fastest out of all of the rooms. That was probably because Madame was an absolutely perfectionist. Madame's best quality is her tidy and efficent manner. It'll make any man feel secure and relaxed at his house. The perfect quality for a girl who must be married. Maybe I can have good things like that going for me. And I would have a grand husband who would bring me home a bunch of flowers every night and--. I shooky my head quickly, ceasing my thought-fit.
Back to chores! I've always seemed to cheer and talk to myself. I looked around and realized that Madame and Master's room was about as clean as it could be, and I quickly started on to hallways.
After I was done with all of the hallways, the sky's color changed and my energy had dissipated. With a sigh, I collapsed to the floor and waited for the pain in my back to disappear. Once I was relieved, I went to every room fixing them up to the greatest possibilty. I also made sure to start the fires in the fireplaces throughout the house. I was glad Madame reminded me, because it was already getting cold.
I made my way back to the kitchen and decided to wait until just before midnight to make the dinner. I sighed and made my way to bed.
Back to top Go down
ZOEY AND STARK FOREVER
Discovering you have an affinity for Water
Discovering you have an affinity for Water
ZOEY AND STARK FOREVER

Female Capricorn Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Alexandera( alex for shortz(or ally)
Affinities : vision, can see the dead, & can tell if someone is lieing

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:01 pm

This is good you should write more!!!Smile
Back to top Go down
Moonwalker12
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonwalker12

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Kassidy
Affinities : Fire and night

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:36 pm

i like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Such Thing As A Happy Ending   No Such Thing As A Happy Ending Empty

Back to top Go down

No Such Thing As A Happy Ending
Page 1 of 1