House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
*PrincessOfDarkness*
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
*PrincessOfDarkness*

Female Libra Dog

Character sheet
Name: alyson
Affinities : spirit, fire. knows persons past with one single touch. can read auroas

True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents? Empty
PostSubject: True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?   True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents? EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Chapter 1
It was pitch black outside. The only light you could see were the flames coming up in black smoke above my house. I stared at it in shock. Just twenty minutes ago, everything was fine, and now, it felt like I had just been hit with a rock. Straight in the face. My mother and little sister were in there…And worst of all I wasn’t even with them. I was at my friend’s birthday party. I wish I would’ve never gone at all. But, I guess, Fate speaks for itself. I don’t know, but I regret it. I will always feel guilty.
I was standing there in awe as the fire-fighter came to talk to me. I didn’t get all of what he said, but I did get the majority of it. My mom and little sister died instantly from 3rd degree burns. Pretty awful, huh? I couldn’t believe any of it. Things were all good just yesterday. Strange how things could change in the blink of an eye.
I sat down at a big rock type thing, and thought about everything that’s happened. The lies, heartbreak, everything. But this had to be at the top of the list. Nothing can compare to losing those you care about and love. I can’t even explain how it feels. There are a ton of words, but none of them will fully explain what it feels like.
My grandma pulled up, and I ran to her, crying. Every time I felt like this, or worse, she would be there, with her arms wide open to me. And this was one of those times.
“Oh, sweetheart, I’m so sorry, Are you okay?” She asks me caressing me.
I can’t help but smile,”Yeah. I guess so,” I say in between cries. “I just don’t understand, you know? Why them? Katie was so young, she was only 13. She had so much more to do with her life. It’s not fair,” I said as more tears came.
“Oh, I know, Honey, but just think, she, and your mother, are somewhere better now. They wouldn’t want us to be all mopey now would they?”
I shake my head,”No,”
“Okay, well go on in the car, and I’ll be there in a minute,” She smiled at me as I got my bag and headed to her car.
You see, my grandma was my only family member that was able of taking care of me. I didn’t even know my dad, or any of his family. All I knew about him was that he left right after Katie was born. My mom said I was too little to understand anything. And I don’t even remember him. And my mom was the second of two kids, but my aunt never really comes around anymore. Ever since she moved to California and got all snobby. So she’s out of the picture. That’s when my grandma decided that if anything happened to my mom that she would take care of me and Katie. And that time is now. I never realized how soon it would be.
I hadn’t noticed my grandma got back in the car until the door slammed. I could tell she had been crying. I would too if it was my daughter and granddaughter.
“What did they say? Do they know how the fire started?”
“They don’t know what started it, but they said if they found out they would call us,” She smiled, then said,” Do you have any other clothes? You do know you still have to go to school, right?”
I grinned,”Unfortunately, yes. And no, the only clothes I have are the ones I have on and the ones in my bag from Kayla’s” I told her looking out the window.
“Okay, well I’ll wash them so you can wear them tomorrow, and then I’ll take you shopping, “She smiled at me. Shopping? I wasn’t a big shopper, but I would take advantage of it if I had the chance to go.
“Alrighty, sounds like a plan,” I grinned at her.
We pulled up to her house, and it still looked the same. It was big, in a big neighborhood, and I loved it. I used to come here all the time with my sister and we’d swim in her pool. Those were the days.
I always felt bad because she lived here in this big house alone. I always worried about her. Well, I knew one thing for sure; She wouldn’t be alone anymore. Not with me here.
I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. A small smiled came across my face.
“You okay, dear?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. I just remember all those times me Katie came up here with you,”
“Yes, those were some fun times,” She smiled. I loved it when she smiled.
I smiled and walked in after her. It even looked the same on the inside too. Nothing has changed. Which was unbelievable. She always had something new in her house.
“It looks the same. You usually have it in a different way,”
She shrugged,”Yeah, well I decided to keep it the same for a while,”
“Well, I like it,”
“Well, Thank you,” She said putting her stuff up, “You can go on up to your room, and put your stuff up if you want to. It’s the same way you left it from before. I figured you’d want to pack up anything you didn’t want anymore,”
“Thanks, Grandma,” I smiled and hugged her and headed upstairs to put my bag up,”
I went to the kitchen to find something to eat, preferably a certain food. I looked everywhere and then I found it. My favorite snack, Gold fish. Yeah, go ahead and laugh at me, but it’s true. I like to make them swim into my mouth. I always have. I got laughed at a lot for it, but who cares? I’m weird. I was starting to get them out when my grandma called me into the living room.
“What?” I said entering the living room and not believing who I saw. “Damon! Kathy!” I went to them and gave them a big bear hug. “I’ve missed you guys so much!” I turned to grandma, “How did they know?”
“I told them, before I left to come get you,” She smiled her warm smile and left to her bedroom so we could talk.
“So, How have you guys been?” I asked them.
They were my friends from when I used to come here when I was younger, They were brother and sister, Kathy and Damon were twins. They both had black hair, but Kathy had a red streak in hers. Damon was cute, with his emo-looking style, but he was like my brother. In fact, him and my sister use to like each other. I wonder how he felt about what happened… I would ask later…or never..
“We’ve been good, you know, the usual. Nothing really interesting. “ She said and smiled, “ What about you? We heard what happened and we’re sorry..” She with an apologetic look on her face.
“Yeah, We really are.. It must be hard..” Damon said.
“It is..And painfull..But I got to deal with it..” I said holding back tears.
“It’s okay to cry, Abby. You need to let it out,” Kathy smiled then turned to her brother,”Damon, Can you give us a girl moment, please?”
“Yeah, sure, I’ll just be in there,” He said pointing to the kitchen.
I smiled, “He didn’t have to leave,”
“I know, but I wanted to be here for you. If you ever need anything,”
“I know that, and thanks,” I smiled at her.
“Good, now we have to go, We have school tomorrow, and so do you. I will pick you up, and you can ride with us. Sound good?”
“Yehp,” I said and smiled.
“Okie dokie, then” She said and turned and yelled for Damon,”Damon! Come on, Time to leave,” She then turned back to me, “Remember, If you need anything, I’m just a call away,”
I nodded and led her and Damon out the door.
I walked back in and sat on the couch, “Hey, grandma, Do you know of any good movies that are on?” I said flipping through T.V. channels.
“No, There never are at night.” She said sitting beside me. “But you do need to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is your first day at Memorial Heights,”
“Ugh…Don’t bore me…Can’t I go to my other school?”
“Nope, You have to go to this school, sorry, dear,” She said getting up,”I’m going to get some rest, you can stay up in here if you want to, but not to late,” She said bending down to hug me.
“Alright, I’ll probably be getting to bed soon, too. I’m worn out.”
She nodded and went to her room. I turned off the T.V. and went up to my room. That sounded funny to me. Well, not really, but yeah. I went up there and looked around. It was still the same. I had my own full bath, there was a t.v. in the corner, and my laptop sat on the bed. My comforter was still my purple one! Yay! I sat down in my black and purple chair and spun around. I loved this room. I could always come in here to get away. I wrote songs in here and a lot of poetry for my English class at my other school. It was peaceful to me. It silenced everything that was going on in my head.
I looked at the clock and it said 10:00pm. Crap! Already? Time sure does fly when you don’t pay attention. I lied down in my bed and thought silently. I soon fell asleep with only peaceful thoughts and the one where I would be starting the school of hell tomorrow: memorial heights.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
Accidentally blowing your friends over with Air
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Sita
Affinities : water, fire

PostSubject: Re: True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?   True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:45 pm

wow thats a really good story. sad, but hearfelt in a good way.
are you going to continue it? It's really good.

Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Sita
Affinities : water, fire

PostSubject: Re: True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?   True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:17 pm

please continue

Last edited by vampirechild on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I WANNNA DELETE IT!!!! DAMN THING!!!! UGH>>>>>>)
Back to top Go down
*PrincessOfDarkness*
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
*PrincessOfDarkness*

Female Libra Dog

Character sheet
Name: alyson
Affinities : spirit, fire. knows persons past with one single touch. can read auroas

PostSubject: Re: True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?   True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Beep! Beep! Beep! "Crap," I muttered looking at my clock. So Much for a peaceful sleep.
i got up and took a shower. I stood there for a good fifteen minutes. I liked to let the water flow onto me. it was soothing and made me feel a lot better at times like this.
I got out after washing my hair and put some jeans and purple shirt on. I grabbed my hoody and bag and walked down stairs. I was surprised by my grandma's dog, Scooter.
"Well, he seems to still like you, Abby." My grandma smiled at me and waved me over to the table. She had breakfast ready; Bacon and eggs,yum, my favorite.
"Thanks, grandma,but I'm not really hungry..And Kathy and Damon will be here any minute," I said and looked at her.
"well, Okay, That's fine I gess," She grinned and picked up my plate.
"I;m sorry..It's just..difficult right now..you know?" I looked over at her.
"Yes, I know. It will be hard for you. For a while,"
I smile and get up as I hear a horn beeping outside. "Bye, See you this afternoon," I hugged her.
"Bye, andoh, don't forget, we're going shopping later," She smiled warmly.
I laughed,"I won't. Bye Grandma." I walked out the door and ran to their car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?   True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents? Empty

Back to top Go down

True love conquers anything? Well, how about disapproval of parents?
Page 1 of 1