House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bite (Chapter 1)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LittleNightDreamer
Telling your parents you are a fledgling
LittleNightDreamer

Female Aquarius Dog

Character sheet
Name: Amy
Affinities :

Bite (Chapter 1) Empty
PostSubject: Bite (Chapter 1)   Bite (Chapter 1) EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 am

Hey guys well this is just a story ive been writing while on holdiday, i'm going to post the first chapter, maybe two, we'll see, and then if people like it i'll post the rest im sorry if they 're really long nd the spellings bad cus this is only a first draft!!! Razz So yeah enjoy!! Very Happy PS. i had ta split this in half cus it was too long, i'll post the second half next...

Lost Innocence

I was stood in the same place I always us, firmly under the bare cherry blossom tree in the middle of the deserted suburb street. It was deep winter so I was bunched up in layer upon layers of polyester coats and up to my knees in crunchy white snow, I hated it, every time I moved my body I chafed against my arms making it awkward to move. A piece of stray snow landed on my forehead making me shiver. I was alone.
But now I could hear a sound, no a scream from inside the house, my home. I wasn’t sure what to do I could still feel her warm kisses against my cheek.
‘Stay here, Belle,’ she’d smiled though I could see the fear in her eyes. ‘I’ll be back in just a second, you stay right here Okay?’
I’d nodded at her, but now I was scared, I wanted her back with me so I could be held and be warm again and not have to worry about the sounds I was hearing from under my mittens which were pressed over my ears.
Now I could hear footsteps from behind me in the snowy garden, I squeezed my eyes shut because I knew the shuffle step of his movements and I was so scared I could let a whimper escape my lips. And worse I could smell it, the sickeningly sweet scent that caught at the back of my throat and made me want to gag. And it smelled like her.
I knew she was dead even before I could see the blood.
‘Belle,’ He’d said and for one stupid second I’d turned and I knew from that moment on I’d wished I could have stayed where I was. I could see her blood running down from his lips down his ivory neck, his face twisted into a sinister grin.
He held his hand down for me, her red blood dripping through his fingers making tiny droplets in the snow.
‘Come with Daddy Belle,’
He said before there was a scream a bang and the snow turned red.

I woke up with a throbbing head, the kind you only get after drinking a whole ton of vodka and wishing you hadn’t the next morning. That was how I felt. Though at least I’d gotten asleep, I thought to myself. Even if I’d did mean I’d have repetitive nightmares.
I rubbed my head as I got up, I checked my clock, and it was only eight. I didn’t have time for a shower I decided, I balled my long dark hair up into a ponytail and slapped on some smoky grey eye shadow to try and make myself look as though maybe I wasn’t feeling as crap as I was.
I threw on my uniform and worn out leather jacket and then padded down the stairs for breakfast.
Charlie obviously wasn’t up yet, I peeked in through his bedroom door to check that he hadn’t drunk herself silly, he had. And not only that, but his room was a complete mess again. Just thinking about how I would have to clean it later made me feel irritated enough to want to leave. Though I snuck a peak at him anyway; he was all curled up kind of like a little child would be, with random limbs sticking out all over the place, His bulky disgusting grey jumper was still on and his messy brown hair was stuck all over the pillow. It was at times like these that I wondered how we were related.
‘Ren,’ he mumbled and it made hump a little, I didn’t even know he was awake. But then Charlie always had this weird uncanny ability of knowing when I was in the room no matter how silently I snuck in.
‘Um, yeah Charlie?’
‘I’m so sorry...’ he wailed obviously still pissed. ‘I meant to make you bacon for your first day back at school....’and then he started making wailing sounds like a toddler would. God he was such a child.
Somehow I wondered how we were related at all, how me and him could share one smidgen of DNA. Charlie was such a ditz for someone who was twenty five years old and supposed to be my legal guardian. Ever since my mum died Charlie had decided he’d look after me, even though he was from my dad’s side, his kid brother, he was completely different in most ways from the few memories I had of him. Except from some cousins, he was all the family I had as there was no-one left alive on my mother’s side. I always got the feeling that he held himself completely responsible for looking after me and took it way too seriously.
Though it usually felt like I was the one doing the taking care of.
I sighed out loud. ‘Charlie don’t worry about it I’m just going to have cereal anyway,’ I turned on my way out. ‘And by the way you should think about getting up soon, you don’t want to be late,’ Charlie made a sniffling sound against his pillow.
Then Charlie lifted his messy head a little. ‘Your such a good girl Belle,’ He said and for a moment the old nickname made my head flash back through my nightmare. I quickly shook it out. I was interrupted by Charlie’s head hitting the pillow like a rock. . I knew as I left the room that he’d be back asleep again in moments.
I sighed out loud as I made my way to the kitchen to make myself some cereal, my eyes caught a glimpse of her bright red poppies outside, and they’d all been blown over. That made me feel a pang of regret deep in my chest because she’d loved those poppies I could still remember her fawning over them when I was young that was why she loved coming over here so much. I should plant some more, I thought as I reached into the fridge for the milk just as the sound of the doorbell rang through the house.
I didn’t have a clue that it could be, no ok actually I could, and I guessed my best friend Red, here to give me more ‘comforting’ stares when he was actually expecting me to collapse at any moment. I was wrong though because in the end it was Irina.
I guess you could call Irina my best girl friend, she’d moved to the house across the street when we were both eight from Russia and I’d always liked her since. Irina was tough even at a young age and had no problem punching anyone who was unlucky enough to get in my way. She was also tall and skinny though extremely intimidating, it was easy to see why she’d won so many kick boxing tournaments....She was my only boy friend in my world filled with boys who only saw me as friends. Something told me she was still waiting for another outburst like I had a few weeks ago at the funeral because right now she was eyeing me like she would eye a deranged cat.
‘Hey ho,’ She said breezing past me into the house, flicking her shoulder length brown hair behind her as she went.
‘Hey Irina,’ I said tiredly, closing the door behind her. Irina immediately sat herself down herself down on the counter where I was making cereal.
‘Do you want some?’ I asked gesturing to the bowl. Irina eyed it suspiciously. ‘You got any sugar?’
We sat at the counter, me trying to choke my way through my wheetabix while Irina piled practically the whole bag of sugar onto her wheetabix.
‘So,’ she said when she had finished and laid the sugar down. ‘Did you hear that noise last night?’
I looked up. ‘Noise?’
Irina surveyed me. ‘What you didn’t hear it?’
I shrugged. ‘I didn’t hear anything, I was fast asleep,’
That made Irina scowl more. ‘You got to sleep last night?’
‘Yeah,’ I sighed keeping my eyes firmly on the wheetabix. Irina made a sound that sounded a lot like a snort.
‘That wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact, that Red came to stay over would it?’ Irina said with a sickening little smile.
I scowled. ‘No it didn’t actually because Red wasn’t even here last night,’ For once I was telling the truth, about Red and me to Irina, she was always pushing for answers about what was going on with me and my child hood best friend but somehow I’d never been able to explain to Irina exactly what the relationship between me and red was. We weren’t going out so much as Red kissed me once in awhile and I liked it far too much.
Irina’s eyes widened. ‘Hey don’t lie to me I totally saw him coming out of your house last night, I just assumed maybe he’d broken some precious vase or something and you and Charlie had thrown him out and that was the big smashing and screaming sound I heard,’
There was a long silence. ‘Irina,’ I wondered. ‘What the hell were you doing watching my house?’
Irina sucked in her lip. ‘I was not I just happened to be looking out my window is all...’
I rolled my eyes. ‘Sure,’
Irina’s evil smile returned. ‘So you’re not denying that Red stayed over and you just lied about it,’ She tutted. ‘So what were you two doing last night?’ I almost choked on my wheetabix.
I gave her my most malicious glare. ‘Well not whatever you’re thinking of Irina because I swear to you I don’t even remember him coming over,’ And that was true, maybe Red had just come around too late when Charlie was gone and I’d gone to bed. That must have been it.
Irina’s eyes went wide. ‘Oooh maybe he drugged you and then...’
I buried my head in my hands. ‘Irina,’ I mumbled. ‘You have way too much of an overactive imagination,’
Irina squinted over her sugary mush in a bowl. ‘Hmmmm,’ she hummed suspiciously.
I let the sarcasm seep into my voice. ‘What?’
‘Ren?’ She asked in the way a doctor might have asked a patient. It scared me.
‘What?’ I asked getting annoyed.
‘You doing drugs Ren? Pot, crack, a bit of e thrown in the side...’
I banged my head down on the hard marble and moaned.
‘....Cus it’s ok Ren if those dealer bastards are after you for something, you know I’m here right, I mean I have cousins round the other side of town who will shoot those guys up, real good, Ren just say the word...’ I ignored her, got up to put my bowl in the sink.
‘...Because whatever it is I’m here for you...’ I scowled.
‘I’m not going to dignify that crap with an answer,’ I decided out loud. ‘We better get going soon anyway so finish....that and we’ll go,’ I continued.
Irina let out a disappointed sigh. ‘Awww,’
I turned on the tap. ‘What now?’
‘My versions funner, yours just seems boring,’
I sighed inwardly. If only Irina knew how interesting my life really was.

On the way to school I got to listen to more of Irina’s theories, most of them involved me and Red being involved in some elaborate love triangle with a pot dealer and now I was part of their drug ring.
I was telling Irina for the fifth time that no such thing was going on when we reached the school. Eastbourne High school is pretty big; it’s the only high school in a thirty mile radius so everyone who lived around went here. It had been clean redbrick once, but after a student crashed his car into the wall when he got drunk last month, and countless tons of spray paint later you could say it was looking less than shabby.
And then of course you had all the little gangs who kept their distance from everyone else. I guess me and Irina belonged to Reds gang. Red was tough as old boots on the outside, he was constantly getting into fights and that worried me. He had a shorter fuse than Irina but then that didn’t make him an easy target. He had won almost every fight he’d ever been in and sometimes that put me at ease.
Other times though and it was on the rare occasion when he got his nose punched in, I’d be the one holding ice lollies to his nose and telling him what an idiot he’d been.
All of Red’s friends were pretty tough too but just like red there was someone sweet deep on the inside, you just had to dig pretty damn hard.
Me and Irina made our way across the open court concrete school yard, I guess part of me was searching for Red; I wanted to ask him about last night, if he really had come over and why on earth he would anyway. My headache was sorer now and I was wishing I’d bothered to bring some nurofen or a bucket of ice or something.
‘Oh look there they are!’ Irina squealed pointing over to where the lads were sat on the side of the wall, smoking and generally looking moody.
We made our way up to them and now I could clearly see reds spiky head sticking up from between the group. He smiled when he saw us.
‘Hey Ren,’ He said lazily leaning back and patting the space next to him for me to sit. I jumped up. Jared, Red’s best friend with a mop of emo style black hair and thickly rimmed glass was staring at me.
It instantly made me self conscious. ‘What is it?’ I asked him.
Jared shrugged. ‘Just wondering what happened to your neck, has Red been over crossing the friend line,’ I blushed instantly in the stupid way that I did when anything remotely to do with boys got stuck in my head. I ignored it and reached up to my neck, as I touched it; I felt a sort of dry ache go up it. ‘Ow,’ I muttered as my fingers left the skin.
Red glared at Jared. ‘What are you mumbling about now?’
Irina leaned over Reds other side. ‘Holy Sh-‘
‘What!?’ My hand started fumbling the area now, ignoring the pain. ‘What’s wrong with my neck?’
Irina’s boyfriend Kaname, a boy with pitch black skin and pink neon sunglasses was now leaning in to have a good gawk, the looks on their faces was not good a good sign.
The last addition to Red’s gang, Matt, who usually sat around looking cool and irresistible from behind his cigarette and blonde hair was now glancing for the first time. His cigarette fell out of his mouth. ‘Whoa.’ Were apparently the only words for the situation.
Irina pulled out a compact mirror from her bag and handed it to me, biting her lip nervously.
Slowly and carefully I lifted up the mirror. It was so bad I almost choked on my breath and fell off the other side of the wall.

Part two comin up..

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link

Last edited by LittleNightDreamer on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LittleNightDreamer
LittleNightDreamer

Female Aquarius Dog

Character sheet
Name: Amy
Affinities :

Bite (Chapter 1) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bite (Chapter 1)   Bite (Chapter 1) EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:04 am

Part two....
My usually white skin on the right side of my jaw going right down to the colour bone was a sickeningly bruised purple and across it was what looked like a huge red love bite. My mouth stayed open as I traced the pattern I knew that I bruised easily but not this bad, this was......
Red gulped. ‘Um maybe you slept funny....’ Irina slapped him. Hard. Across the shoulder.
‘Hey-
‘You little chicken *edit your post and this will go away* wanker did you do this?! Damn I knew there was something going on-‘Irina looked as though she were about to shoot him.
‘Irina...’ I started suddenly a little afraid for Reds safety.
‘Don’t you defend him Ren I mean look at the hickey it’s bloody huge!’
Kaname nodded. ‘Sorry but that’s huge I bet you could break a world record with that,’
Matt just stayed with his mouth hung open.
‘Hey I know I’ll get the camera!’ Jared exclaimed, rummaging in his bag.
‘Oh god...’ I moaned burying my head in my hands.
Kaname slapped Red on the arm. ‘That is mental man,’
‘Hang on why the hell are you all looking at me, I didn’t give her that!’ Red looked down at me with wide eyes. ‘Right?’
‘Don’t play innocent with me I saw you coming out of her house last night!’ Irina shrieked stabbing a finger through the air at him just inches from his face.
‘Huh? Hang on what were you doing watching Ren's hous-‘Red said leaning back, looking scared for his life.
‘That is irrelevant!’
‘No it’s called stalking!’
‘Aha so it’s true!’
‘Is not!’
‘Is so!’
‘Yay I found the camera!’
‘Guys...’ I said leading with them but no-one was listening.
‘So you don’t deny it then!’ Irina said with an expression like a cobra ready to strike.
‘Of course I bloody deny it, I didn’t do that!
Irina rolled her eyes. ‘Sure....’
‘It's true!’
‘Smile!’ Jared thrust the camera in my face and it went off with a flash that hurt my eyes.
‘Jared!’ I growled ready to get violent. Guys... maybe we should all calm down...’ Kaname said between fits of laughter.
All of us turned to glare at Kaname just as the go to class bell rang and Mr. Harper the resident school pervert who called himself vice principle waved a newspaper at us like we were a flock of pigeons to get off the wall.
‘Don’t worry I have some concealed in my bag,’ Irina whispered in my ear as we were steered into the school gates. I pulled my black hair over what I hoped was most of the bruise and gave Jared my worst glare.
‘If that picture gets out, I’m going to personally break your neck,’ from the gulp he gave me I’d say he believed me.
We were all bunched into the main corridor with the other three hundred and something students in the school pushing to their classes. It was a good thing we had art first, Mr. Burke was always so preoccupied with trying to get people to shut up while he was speaking, he probably wouldn’t realise that me and Irina weren’t there for a good hour at least. Before I was swept away into the girl’s bathroom by Irina I caught one last glimpse of Reds face before he was swept away by the crowd. What the hell was going on?
Irina shoved me in front of the mirror through a small bunch of girls applying lip gloss while she dug for her concealer. ‘Irina?’ I asked.
‘Yeah what is it?’ She said looking up, the concealed poised in her hands.
‘You don’t think maybe I did actually sleep funny, like maybe I banged my head against the radiator again...’
Irina gave me a look that told me she wasn’t buying my bullcrap either. ‘Yeah, because radiators can give hickeys,’
‘Come on it is not a hickey! I could have gotten this from skin cream, like maybe it’s a rash...’
‘Aw, does Ren have nappy rash?’ A sickly sweet voice wondered and Jenifer Crawley sauntered up to the mirror next to us. Irina gave her a look that proved why she’d won the under eighteen all Russia boxing championships four years running.
Jenifer didn’t seem to be intimidated though. Jenifer was tall, blonde, with the perfect face and legs she looked as though any moment she’d be whisked off to Paris to do an L’Oreal commercial and she was smiling wickedly at me.
Irina adjusted herself to her full very scary height. ‘*edit your post and this will go away*,’ she said sweetly. ‘Drop dead,’
Jenifer placed a perfectly manicured hand over her mouth and feigned shock. ‘Oh yeah well why don’t you go back to the motherland?’ She said mocking Irina’s accent.
Irina started cracking her knuckles. ‘Bring it on *edit your post and this will go away*,’
‘Irina...’ I sighed but Jenifer wasn’t looking at Irina she was staring at my purple neck. She smiled evilly. ‘Damn it Night, has Red finally made a move or has there been some domestic violence at home,’
I stayed firm and ignored her; I did however let my hands ball into tight fists so I could glare at her. I’m not going to give into her threats I’m not goi-‘
‘By the way how’s that dimwit uncle of yours what’s his name, it must be hard for him raising you on his own I bet you were a real problem child...’
I’m not going to give into her threats, I’m-
‘I mean what with your Dad killing your mom and everything.. .’ .’
I don’t know why I did it, ok no actually I do, it was because right at that moment I’d really just wanted to make Jenifer pay for what she’d said, so that’s why I couldn’t help myself and I jumped for her. How dare she say something like that to me she hardly knew me, how could she talk about stuff that she didn’t even understand! Then in an unusually reversed situation for Irina and me, it was Irina holding me back from Jenifer.
Though when Irina had finally pulled me off of her I was momentarily wishing I hadn’t hit her so hard because now I could smell it before I saw it, a scent so compelling I wanted to jump on Jenifer for completely different reasons. I had to clench my teeth together and resist, I had to try and stop breathing....
Jenifer glared up at me from the floor, a trickle of red blood dripping out her nose from where I’d punched her square in the face. ‘You little *edit your post and this will go away*!’ She shrieked bringing her hand up so she could see the blood.
‘I’ll make you pay for this I’ll have you suspended I’ll have you...’
‘Yeah you want to try,’ Irina said, obviously satisfied I wasn’t going to jump on Jenifer again, she let go of the back of my jacket so she could lean threateningly over her.
Jenifer let out an angry snarl and got up and rushed out of the bathroom, her heels clicking on the tiles as she slammed the door. Irina sighed. ‘God I hate her,’
The scent still hung in the air, I wished I could wrench open a window or something, I felt as though I was going to be sick if I denied myself any longer.
Irina turned to me. ‘That was some good punching; I didn’t know you had it in you,’ That made me almost want to laugh, if only she knew how strong I really was.
I leaned over the sink, I felt as though I was going to be sick from the lingering smell, my head was still pounding and I felt a little dizzy.
‘Honestly,’ I swallowed. ‘Neither did I,’
Irina leaned over to where I was perched over the sink. ‘Hey,’ she said in a softer voice. ‘Are you ok?’
I took deep breaths. ‘I just didn’t think I’d ever be the kind of girl to punch Jenifer Crawley in the face, you know?’
Irina stroked the back on my hair and let out a long sigh. ‘That *edit your post and this will go away* provoked you; anyone would have done the same,’
‘Yeah,’ I chuckled softly.
Irina turned her head to the side. ‘You sure, you’re alright?’ There was no way I could tell her the truth.
‘Yes I just feel a little sick,’ half true.
‘You want to sit down?’
‘No,’ I said shakily. ‘Let's just get this bruise or hicky or whatever the hell it is covered up,’
Irina didn’t look convinced. ‘Ok,’ she said anyway.

I was right about one thing; Mr. Burke hadn’t noticed we were gone. But it wasn’t for the reason I’d thought, when me and Irina swung through the double doors, me still feeling like crap but the bruise thankfully covered, Irina getting ready to punch Jenifer’s lights out the next time we had the bad luck to see her, Everyone was speaking in a low hum, like a drone of tiny wasps. Mr. Burke himself, a young teacher who was good at art and crap at just about anything else, looked as though he couldn’t believe his luck, he waved his hand at us when we came in and ushered us to our desks. This was the kind of hum that only came with real gossip.
The minute I got into my desk, I lay my head down on the desk and took deep breaths, how could I still smell it? I’d deprived myself for too long, I thought. if I could only get through this double art class until brake without someone busting open a vein maybe I could convince the secretary to let me go home early, after all it wasn’t as if I could get a parent to sign me out....
‘Hey,’ Irina whispered over to Becca Taylor, the class gossip. ‘What’s going on?’
Becca whipped her head around, her short blonde curls bouncing in the air around her as she went. ‘Haven’t you heard?’ She asked her blue eyes wide. Irina didn’t look particularly interested. ‘Heard about what?’
‘The new boy, just moved here from someplace in Scotland, look see; that’s him over there,’ Becca pointed fairly obviously at a cluster of desks at the opisate side of the room. I craned my head just a little to see the new boy that so many people were converged over, maybe it would take my mind off of the blood.
And the strangest thing was as soon as I did I was sure that I knew him from somewhere. Not like from TV but maybe like behind the till in Tesco’s... Just looking at him it was easy to see why the girls were so excited, a perfect model like face with a mop of sandy blonde hair just covering his bright brown eyes. His skin was tanned though just by a little bit and he was leaned back scowling like this was all one big pain in the *edit your post and this will go away*. And a tiny bit of me felt for him before I got this feeling, like the hairs on the back of my neck standing up that I knew, I just knew I’d seen him somewhere before.
‘So what’s his name? Irina asked.
Becca sighed happily. ‘Blake Hellsing.’

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down

Bite (Chapter 1)
Page 1 of 1