House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sun of the Night

Go down 
AuthorMessage
♦Wolf♦
Accidentally blowing your friends over with Air
♦Wolf♦

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Michelle
Affinities : Fire

Sun of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Sun of the Night   Sun of the Night EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Alright.. so I'm attempting to write a book. I'm Stark by the by. Anyway it's kind of like the House of Night in my opinion... Post to let me know what you think. I know the chapters are short but it's just a draft. It's also from a females' prospective. No i'm not a perv I just find it easier to write like that. don't ask why please because I don't know. Anyway.. please don't judge..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness. The pain hit me so hard and so fast that I didn’t understand what had caused it. When I awoke my vision had been tinted red. I desperately tried to blink it away. No way was that going to help. Then my memory surged through my head and it scared me to relive what happened. Vampire. That was the first word that came to my mind. That’s what happened. I was bitten by a vampire.
Then I saw something move in the corner of the tiny, dark room. Unbelievable. I could see like there were ten lights on in the room. Whatever moved came over to me. He is the vampire that bit me. He was gorgeous. And yet, he had an evil glint in his deep Mahogany eyes.
I wanted to cringe away from him but my body wouldn’t allow it. Confused, I looked down at myself. He had me bound to the table I was laying on.
“The mark suits you.” His voice was dark and mysterious.
“The what?” My voice was hoarse and a wrenching pain surged through my throat when I spoke.
“ Shhh. Don’t speak,” his voice was more comforting this time but it still sounded dangerous and threatening, “ it will hurt too much if you continue to.”
I decided to close my eyes again so I could think over what I was doing before this creature bit me. Yes. I said creature. I say this because his eyes are a deep mahogany colour; he is abnormally pale and freakishly gorgeous. He had shaggy light brown hair, high cheek bones and a strong jaw. He was about 6’3”.
Before he bit me I was wandering through the mall with 4 of my friends and my boyfriend. Scott, my boyfriend, the Quarterback of our high school team, is 6’2” and has an outstanding build. Zoey, Steven, Phoenix and David were also with me. Zoey, the blonde in the group, and Phoenix, the brunette, are my best friends they have been for like ever .It was then when I heard Zoey whispering “Nicole...NICOLE! There is this totally yummy guy staring at you!” I saw the dirty look Steven gave her and she smiled apologetically up at him. (All of our boyfriends are on the football team and they are all the same height.) That’s when I felt it. Scott tensed at my side. Steven, Scott’s best buddy, must have felt it too because he had his hand on his arm and was telling him that it was okay not to worry about it.
I looked up at my boyfriend. He looked really mad. (Hee hee … he was really hot when he gets mad.) I grabbed Scotts hand, in both of mine, and turned him to face me, but being careful that his back to the guy that was staring. I looked deep into Scott’s eyes and I could see the jealousy and the pain in them.
“Scott you should know by now that I will never leave you.”
His soft blue eyes looked down at me with an adoring look. Scott’s large jock like body embraced me in a tight hug. I rested my head on his chest so I could smell his cologne and just let him hold me. So he could see that I wasn’t leaving.
Still in his arms I said, “I love you dearly Scott. You’re my life.”
And again, he looked down at me. He kissed the top of my head softly and murmured “Nicole, I know you would never leave me and I shall never leave you. I love you.”
Then Zoey broke our embrace by saying, “Uh Nicole, That dude is coming over here!”
That was all our over protective boyfriends needed. Their huge jock like bodies practically fenced us against the wall we were standing by. The gorgeous guy pushed right past all of them, grabbed me and, with outstanding, speed ran away. When he found an area of the mall that had been deserted he put me down. I finally got my breath back I screamed. He grabbed me and pushed me into another wall, which caused my air to be knocked out of me. Then he bit me.
I must have fallen back to sleep because my shoulder was being shook. I opened my eyes. There he was. The creature. He was looking down at me with a worried expression like he thought I was dead. Wait. That doesn’t make sense. He was looking at me like I died again. Then he smiled. His teeth were amazingly white.
“Good, you survived through the changing.” His voice didn’t seem so harsh this time.
“What were you saying about the mark suiting me the last time I woke up?”
He looked a little surprised when I asked. He looked like he didn’t expect me to remember anything that happened before the “change”.
He didn’t answer my question instead he asked,”How much do you remember, Nicole?”
“I remember all the way from when I got to the mall with my friends until now,” I replied.
Shocked flashed through his eyes but he quickly composed himself, almost too quickly. He , still, totally and utterly freaked me out.
“Come now, Nicole, we must go see Nala.”
“What’s Nala?” I asked him slowly.
This time he looked exasperated. Then he impatiently answered my question, “Nala keeps our kind in order. She is our creator, and care taker of our kind. She has to meet anyone who might have a possible ability of any kind.”

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
♦Wolf♦
♦Wolf♦

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

Sun of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun of the Night   Sun of the Night EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Scott was slowly walking the streets of the town posting up pictures of his missing girlfriend. His head was hung low; his eyes filled with tears, and his face was blank. Every time he looked at the picture he would silently cry. He looked up slightly, but just enough to see Steven standing on the sidewalk. Steven looked as if he was going to let his best buddy lean against him and cry. But suddenly Steven straightened and started to act as if nothing was wrong. That really hurt Scott. It seemed to him that his friend had betrayed him just because of Nicole’s disappearance. Scott missed Nicole. His heart felt like ice and it ached.
“Steven, please stop acting like nothing is wrong,” he pleaded,” it just makes me feel worse, bud.”
“Sorry man, I thought if I acted this way my girlfriend would appreciate me being a man in this kind of situation.” Steven replied.
Scott saw how Steven’s eyes softened and his posture became friendlier. He walked over to Steven and they gave each other a bear hug.
“Steven, man, Nicole wouldn’t appreciate it if you pretended she was never here.”
“I know, Scott, and I’m sorry for it.”
Scott knew Steven meant it, he could see it in the football player’s dark brown eyes. Just then David, Phoenix, and Zoey walked over. David pulled Scott away from Steven and gave him a bear hug. Zoey ran over to Steven and started to cry. Phoenix put a comforting hand on Scott’s cheek. Scott gave Phoenix a hug then she went to stand with David, who wrapped his massive arms around her.
“You guys, not cool, you make me feel like such a loner when you break off into pairs,” Scott teased, “Come here.”
With that said, Scott opened his arms and everyone came running over. Smiling through their tears, they shared a long group hug. They must have looked like a bunch of goofs because they got a lot of stares from people walking by.
“Scott…,” it was Nicole’s voice and it sounded desperate, “Scott, help me!”
Everyone must have heard it also because all of their heads snapped up at once. Scott was terrifie. He had no idea what direction her voice came from as he looked around frantically. That’s when he got a glimpse of her shiny, Carmel coloured hair. That’s all it took for him to run after her just like he was running sprints at the football field. He ran after her and truly hoped everyone was following him so he didn’t have to slow in case he lost them all. But at the moment he didn’t care. Scott just kept running, trying to keep his girl in sight.

Back to top Go down
♦Wolf♦
♦Wolf♦

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

Sun of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun of the Night   Sun of the Night EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 pm

His Grip was firm on my arm. But it wasn’t so hard it hurt. He pulled me off the table and paused long enough so I could catch my balance. Then he pulled on a cloak and pulled another over my head. I didn’t need to ask him what it was for. It would keep the sun off of me so I wasn’t in pain and so I wasn’t noticed if I withered against the sidewalk because the sun took all of my strength. But one question still lingered. What was his name?
“What’s your name?” I asked him.
“My name is Vladimir,” he replied, “Valerie is meeting us at the temple.”
Valerie? Who was Valerie? And almost as if he could read my mind (which he probably could) he said “Valerie is my girlfriend, she has been for over 50 years now.”
Oh wow. That’s a long time. Doesn’t he get sick of her or visa versa? If not that’s just amazing, I’ll bet she doesn’t get a lot of time to herself. Mind you how long have I been here? Maybe she has had all of this time to herself.
The next thing I knew was that we were walking through town. We must have looked abnormal wearing our cloaks. I looked around at the surrounding people and they didn’t seem to notice us. That’s when I saw him. Scott. My boyfriend was being smothered in a huge group hug.
“Scott…,” I yelled, “Scott help me!”
Vladimir clamped a hang over my mouth and dragged me around a corner. Picked me up and, with supernatural speed, ran away. I could faintly here Scott and the others running after us. But I knew they would never catch up. Vladimir would be impossible to catch up to unless you were also a vampire.
Then it was suddenly dark. The temple. I guessed quickly so I couldn’t freak myself out. In a beam of sunlight there was another cloaked figure standing about ten feet away from us. Vladameir put me down then. He brushed off his cloak, then spoke,
“Why hello Valerie, my dear, how have you been these past seven days?”
Seven days? I have been in that dusty old building for seven days? Unconscious? Wow, the change took longer than I thought it did. At least it didn’t hurt the whole time.
“Vladimir, I have been well. Why are you so early?” Then she looked over at me.
“Nicole here,” he pointed towards me “made a human notice us.”
Now I felt bad. But I couldn’t just be pulled around all over just because I was new at this life. It offended me to be treated like a 4 year old.
“Nicole, come over here please.” She said it so nicely that I couldn’t resist.
Valerie put her hand on my shoulder and turned me so I was standing beside her. Then she confronted Vladameir.
“Dear, you must have forgotten that she is new to this life,” she talked to him nicely but I could hear the edge in her voice, “You must have forgotten to explain some of the basic rules before you left the infirmary.”
So that’s what that old building was. They held all the new people that were going through the change there. Well that’s just slightly creepy now isn’t it?
“I guess I did forget Valerie, I’m sorry.” He said carefully.
The way he said it scared me a little. I didn’t know why he would say it so carefully around his girlfriend. But maybe Valerie was capable of something I wasn’t aware of.
Valerie turned me to face her again. She traced something on my cheek. It tingled under her soft touch.
“The crescent moon does suit you, just like Vladimir said.” She smiled at her boyfriend just quickly. Then faced me again.
“What are you talking about?” I asked, confusion plain on my face.
Valerie pulled out a small compact mirror, opened it and put it in my hand. I raised my hand so I could see my face. I gasped reaching up to touch the mark, it sparked under my fingers and I just stared at it until I fainted with shock.

Back to top Go down
♦Wolf♦
♦Wolf♦

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

Sun of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun of the Night   Sun of the Night EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:28 pm

The guys were running faster than they ever had on the football field. The girls, however, fell behind. Scott told David and Steven to go wait with the girls and he would be right there. The others fell behind and Scott kept on going.
His chest ached and his lungs felt like they might explode. But, he didn’t care. He just kept on running. Then it was too late. He had lost sight of the cloaked figures.
Scott slowed down, turned around and jogged back towards the others. Tears stung his eyes, stained his face and slipped onto his shirt.
“Scott…,” Phoenix started to say but then looked at David.
David nodded. She ran over and tempted to wrap her arms around Scott. He didn’t look down at her. He looked right at David with questioning eyes.
David mouthed the words “I will explain later.”
Scott nodded an “okay” to David then rested his cheek on phoenix’s head. He could smell the strawberry shampoo she used.
They stood there a long while. Scott had his eyes closed. Then, like a bolt of lightning struck him, an idea hit him.
“Ohm gosh, I think I know where Nicole is!” Scott yelped suddenly.
Startled, everyone jumped back in surprise. They looked at Scott with confusion plain on their faces. Slowly, almost cautiously, they walked over and surrounded him again.
“What? Where?” They all said in unison.
“Follow me!” Scott yelped again, and ran up the alley at top speed. His feet ached from all the running and hardly noticed. All he wanted to do is embrace Nicole again. He missed her dearly.

Back to top Go down
♦Wolf♦
♦Wolf♦

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

Sun of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun of the Night   Sun of the Night EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm

I awoke to a cool hand on my forehead. Surprised, my eyes shot open just to allow pain to surge through my head. Hurriedly, I closed my eyes and winced.
“Oh, I’m so sorry,” a male voice apologized. I did not recognize the voice though. “Hang tight, I’ll turn off the lamp.”
I reached up to rub at my temples, just to discover more aches and pains throughout my body.
“What happened?” I murmured so quietly I didn’t think he heard me, “I don’t remember a thing.”
“I’m sorry, but I have no idea on what happened. I found you here just like this.”
Cautiously, I opened my eyes to look up at the man that was speaking to me. He didn’t seem to be there. Off handedly I thought he was probably sitting behind me. Slowly I tried to sit up just to fall back against a pair of strong hands.
“Careful, you don’t want to move to fast. You truly don’t want to get dizzy right now.”
“Where…am…I?” I asked, almost choking on the words as they came out.
I twisted my body, so I could possibly get a look at this stranger. As I twisted, I gasped and withered in pain as I fell back against the man. Seeming to instantly pick up on how much pain I was actually in, the man put his hand back to my forehead. Mumbling whispered words. Slowly, but gradually, the pain eased from my torso allowing me to breath again.
Seeing that the pain had eased he answered my question, “You are in Nala’s Temple.”
Slowly, I relaxed and when I thought I could possibly trust my voice I spoke, “How do you know about Nala’s temple?”
He didn’t hesitate for a moment at all, but I felt he weight shift behind me, “I am a vampire.”
“Are you a Healer as well?”
“Yes, I am,” He said the words slowly as if he thought they might hurt me in some strange way.
I thought about how the words could possibly hurt me. Hadn’t this man just helped me escape pain that was so hard to stand? Did this man have some secret about his ability that he doesn’t want me to know about? Oh well, I sighed to myself. It really doesn’t matter, does it? He helped me, and that’s all that really matters to me at the moment.
Never allowing his hand to leave me forehead he moved to sit beside me. After he had settled back down on the floor, he carefully lifted me and placed me on his lap. He looked down at me and I gasped again. His eyes were brilliant silver. He gasped also. Then, almost as a late reaction, concern played over his features. He must have seen the worried expression on my face.
“I am okay. Just slightly shocked. Are you okay?” I attentively asked.
“I am fine, shocked also.” He replied smoothly.
I gave a little embarrassed giggle. He quietly chuckled at my embarrassment. After a long moment of silence he asked, “Why were you so shocked?”
Hesitantly I thought over how I was going to answer.”I-I was shocked by the colour of your eyes.” I realized how quietly I had said it and felt bad for being embarrassed about it.
“That’s the same reason I was shocked. Your eyes are such a bright colour. It’s amazing.” His eyes scanned my face, “You are not in pain are you?”
“No I am not. Why were you shocked at the colour of my eyes? They have always been a soft brown.”
I looked up at him and met his thoughtful gaze. For the first time, I noticed his mark. It was a navy blue. It seemed to almost slightly rise off of his cheek. It was the natural crescent moon, but it had been added onto. The addition was two cobras’s wrapping around his jaw.
“Then you are in for a surprise when you look in a mirror.” He said in a smug tone.
Mirror. The word sent my memory flooding through my head in pain. I gasped and fell limply against the man. Before I shut my eyes I saw the concern in his silver eyes.
“Do you trust me?” he asked in a hurry.
I nodded. In a swift movement his hand left my forehead and pressed against my chest where my heart is. My body gave a weird jolt. Everything went silent. Slowly, I opened my eyes and saw relief plastered on this vampires’ face. I cleared my throat and spoke softly, “What was that? What did you do? What is your name?”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sun of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun of the Night   Sun of the Night Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun of the Night
Page 1 of 1