House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Jasper one shot-new moon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
love_is_noise
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
love_is_noise

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

Short Jasper one shot-new moon Empty
PostSubject: Short Jasper one shot-new moon   Short Jasper one shot-new moon EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 am

Jasper in New Moon after Alice leaves with Bella to save Edward

Writers note…listen to clair-de-lune whilst reading

Here I stand, the long night drowning in front of my eyes. The hazy, Midnight blue clouds swirling gently, dancing in-between the light of a thousand stars. The harvest moon, reflecting the last glimmer of dying sunlight.

But none of this means anything to me, for I stand here waiting for my love to return. I look out into the night, into the evening sky. I stand in the forest, as close to the border as Carlisle’s treaty deems possible.

I stand watching the horizon, never waning, never changing, never moving forward. I am frozen, a sculptor of ice waiting for her return. I look to the sea. Nothing moves. The world is at rest. But no rest for me, sleep will not call for the never aging, no rest for the cold-ones.

I cannot bear this separation, neither can she. I could not sense her emotion as she spoke those words of farewell to me over the phone but I heard it in her voice. Her efforts misguided, she cannot trick me, I know her to well for that.

“Don’t follow me. I promise, Jasper. One way or the other, I’ll get out…And I love you” She hangs up the phone.

Her final words ring out in my ears, over and over and over again I play them. Her words. Her swift, rattling words. Her lies.

Does she not care for me? Would she rather die for her ‘brother’, for her human companion than spend another day in my arms?

No I am wrong. I have felt her and I know I only lie to myself. She lies to keep me safe. What a stupid reason, does she not understand? I will not live without her. I have done so and all I felt, for nearly a century, was the anger and bloodlust of war. But she changed that. She showed me love and I will never forget that. I will never loose that love. So once it leaves I have no more reason. Once my love dies I will soon after perish.

I’ll see her soon, I promise myself. She’ll return. I try and believe my lies. I fail. My emotions to unpredictable. Uncontrollable. I lash out; my fist catches something hard, breaking through the surface too easily. How weak this granite, no match for my pristine skin.

I look down, my hand catching the last rays of sunlight sending out a million tiny sparks of light. Then the sun sets. It is night.

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
love_is_noise
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
love_is_noise

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Short Jasper one shot-new moon   Short Jasper one shot-new moon EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 am

I'm posting the first chapter from my charcter's POV....it's about chapter 9 in the story or something.

Jo’s POV

Watching her, these things she said, The times she cried, Too frail to wake this time.

The pit of darkness envelops around me, cushioning my fall.

The black hands slowly sweep across my lungs, squeezing them tighter and tighter.

I cannot breathe.

The dark veil falls onto my face, binding me in chains.

I cannot move. The cold fingers cling loosely to my heart, tearing away all feeling. It is all I can do to keep my eyes open, for I know that if they shut they will never again open. They are so heavy and I am blind.

I want so much to fall asleep.

To let go and give in.

To give the monster, what he desires above all else.

My Blood.

The fire is burning me alive. I have lost so much blood now. I feel myself drowning in it.

Why is it taking so long?

Why aren’t I dead yet?

He should have finished by now.

Why aren’t I gone?

………………………………………………………………………

I am placed on a cool metal bed, a small relief from the fire, which resides within my veins.

“Danielle, Please you have to leave” A male voice, not the monsters, this one is softer, I recognise it.

“No, I will not leave her side, I owe her that much” A female replies.

“It is not safe for you, for her”

“I carried her this entire way, with blood streaming down my clothes, does this not amount to anything?”

“Of course it does, she will always have you to thank for her life, but you cannot stay. You have not seen what it is like, to be there when it happens. Let me deal with this how only I know”

“Oh yes fine sir, because there is no reason to fear for her safety while you stand next to her”

“Danielle, I would never…”

“Not intentionally, but it might become too much for you, the taste” she hesitated “it could become too much, you could go too far.”

“Please Danielle, you have to trust me, we haven’t any time for your petty arguments, every moment we spend arguing the less time she has left.”

“Then go ahead and do it, I am not leaving”

“Please, you have to go, what happens when I am saving her and suddenly the air changes and you attack, what am I to do then? I cannot leave her and stop you for she will die, and I cannot continue with my work and wait for you to attack and kill her. If you have any senses left in you leave now and do not return until I see fit.”

They are talking about me. But who are they? Danielle- the female I recognise this name, but I cannot place it, my memory failing me. And the male, his soothing voice, the answer to my cries, the antidote to my pain.

The fire burns deeper now, seeping through my heart, searing through my nerves. I scream out. A harsh, primitive yelp. My body thrashes and my limbs writhe in agony.

Something cold grabs my arms, pinning them down against my sides.

“Please, Danielle, go now! I have to help her, if we delay any longer I fear we shall loose her.”

“Fine, but I will not leave you with her alone”

“Alice” he sighed, “she will not come, please do not force her, I do not want her to see this”

“I am not talking of Alice”

“But Carlisle wont be back in time, it has to be now”

“I am not talking of another of our kin”

“But who?” a brief pause “no, you would trust your best friend with the thing you despise above all else?”

“It has to be him,” she said aggressively. “And I do not hate him above all else, you’re forgetting the French” There was a pause in the conversation I was so vigorously following. Why had it stopped? This small insignificant thing that I was hanging on to with all of my withered strength.

“Danielle, what are you doing?!” he called, somewhat distressed. And then I felt a cool hand in mine and something brush past my ear.

“I will return, I promise you this.” she whispered gently, an edge of…panic? And my head continued to burn and I continued to scream and writhe in agony. And slowly…the hand slipped from mine and she was gone. NO! I wanted to shout. COME BACK! Danielle? Was this her name? She had no place in my memory; this fierce, somewhat precious individual. I tried to picture her, I bet she was beautiful. I mean, she was a vampire; wasn’t she? I couldn’t even remember her species. What was she? I could remember a fire; her hair? Her eyes? Nothing now, but the constant fire which burned with me and I questioned; was this memory, or was this fire taking over all I knew?

“Thank-you Danielle, you may yet have saved her li..”

Whatever the angel was about to say was cut short by another gut wrenching scream.

The fire burning brighter, filling up my lungs, spreading out through my body, along my arms, down my legs. With a sudden lurch the fire explodes within my arms, I fight upwards against the steel grip that pins them to my side. Another ear piercing scream as I feel my arms break under the pressure.

A door closes at the other side of the room. Shouting comes from the room below me. Another second and the door opens this time.

“Jacob, hold her down”

“I can’t believe I am doing this, helping you recruit more.”

“Jacob, please just help me she is dying”

“Fine, so who is it this time?” Burning hands replace the ice cool ones, holding my body flat on the bed. ”No, it can’t be, oh *edit your post and this will go away*, what happened to her?”

“Another vampire, he attacked her but Danielle managed to fight him off and bring her here. There wasn’t enough venom in her system, she will die if I don’t help her”

The hands at my side burn even brighter than the fire beneath my skin, I scream once more.

“Now!!”

The burning hands grab me even tighter as the angel whispers in my ear.

“I will save you,” such a tender voice, I think to myself.

“But will she ever forgive you for doing so?” The raspy voice, Jacob growls at my angel, he grabs me tighter, to tight, my broken arms scream out in agony. I have no energy left for screaming, I let out a whimper.

“I will make it stop, I’ll make the fire go away.” He promises, oh please let the fire stop.

And then the ice came, there was a loud ripping sound coming from the centre of my chest and ice pored in, through the gap and into my aching heart.

“It is done”

The burning hands leave me. I hear two pairs of footsteps walking away from me and the door closes.

“Don’t leave me,” I whisper

No reply comes, I wait and wait but there is no one here.

I drift in and out of consciousness as the battle between fire and ice rages around my body.

“I’m so sorry” a soothing voice whispers in my ear.

“Don’t leave me,” I whisper back.

“Never” the voice replies

A pair of granite arms, clad in leather, collect my mass of twitching limbs, holding my body against his. And while I scream into his shoulder he sings to me.

……………………………………………………………

Back to top Go down
love_is_noise
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
love_is_noise

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Short Jasper one shot-new moon   Short Jasper one shot-new moon EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:45 am

this next chapter follows on from this one.

Gabriel’s POV

All this feels strange and untrue
And I won't waste a minute without you
My bones ache, my skin feels cold
And I'm getting so tired and so old

She is so beautiful, so perfect, I love her so much.

I love her. I do not know this girl, the one screaming into my arms, I have not met her, and yet I love her.

I did not think something like this would ever be possible for me, love.

After humanity had left me, I thought I was alone. Elizabeth is dead, and she was all I knew.

But now, the screaming girl that I hold in my arms, I love her. I am drawn to protect her, to help and heal her. I need to see her safe and I cannot because she is screaming and in so much pain, and when she is safe, if that time ever comes, they will not let me see her, they will forbid it. Because it was my Lucas who did this to her. My Lucas who stopped her heart beat, my Lucas who left her, a child, screaming into the night. My Lucas who has declared his love for my angels friend. My Lucas who has driven this family apart. My Lucas who is breaking me. Is breaking this girl, my angel. My sobbing, crying, screaming angel.

Such a lonely, little girl. My lonely angel, my Devia angelus.

I hold her in my arms, her screaming mangled body. So fragile and alone.

Her family is not here to comfort her, they have left that job to me, and yet when she awakes she will not know it was I who held her, she will be told otherwise, she will believe it was Jasper, the man who is too coward to stay here with her.

“Open yer eyes” I plead, “Open yer eyes, look into mine, know that it was I who stayed an’ held yer and cared for yer, know that it was me who sang to yer, know that it is me who loves yer.”

I silently plead. But nothing happens, her eyes stay closed, she cannot hear me.
I begin to sing to her, hoping that she will recognise my voice, that she will know me. That when she awakes she will hear my voice in her memory, that she will love it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Jasper one shot-new moon   Short Jasper one shot-new moon Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Jasper one shot-new moon
Page 1 of 1