House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you find out about Marked?

Go down 
+123
hzp5050
Beautiful Tragedy
Erinacchi
WazzuMan
black rose
DarkDaughterAngie
kittie
ZoeRedbird
JCP1987
firegoddess
ChrissieXP
heatherox03
Forsaken_Angel
Cassie Petitt
ZoeyAndStarkForever
Dandelion
EmoAngel
Rain
Leah Redbird
Fallen_warrior
Vamp_wannabe
Broken_doll
~Devon~
Emo Kitty
SerenityLynn
mrsdickey10
sayieng
houseofnightfan
Julieeebabe
Caristiona
Seven
ainhi90
vampyricXfaerie
Allyson
Pandora85
Celene
Lilith of Night
LuckiCharmz
Hex
Tabor~!
-_Liquid Liesz_-
Koral8125
Nightchild
Raiden
Letumia
Beastbearer
Rach
Naatika
Marked_by_Nyx
graciella
Megean
dana.mariel
Ayla
Coona_
Semzm
Valérie
VampireLady92
BonnieBennett
Ellen
ALittleCrazy5773
stark-zoey
archery74
x-beautiful-trouble-x
vampgirl1718
K. Redbird B
JoseDef
~(~AlExAnDrA~(~
Hathaway x Moon Huntress
Astrid
Nire Star
BerettaBoys
gobby-girl
Xxclaiiree<3starkxX
(¯`·._.·[akasha]·._.·´¯)
kayrose
Arainia Cullen416
witchgirl172
vamp in hiding 82443
DaughterofNyx101
Alice C.
Lesleyanne
Suzanne4au
ixabbu_4_Nyx
Moonstruck Vamp
bobbie
ShelbyLeeLoveForever
Angie stark bieber
I<3James
Dodge ram girl!
Saaaaarah(:
Samii
Kayliex3
HardyGirl
latedreamer*_*
Emily
~Celine~
devon
SigneAndersen
kara kryptonite
genna
ishane
~TemptedKnight~
Iria
YessicaRabbbit
alwaysamongashes
Kitchings#1
Tailored4Dreams
Danae1913
*summertime*
Mari-chan
LectricErin
bunnyluver626
~*Dani*~
Immortal Love
Rose
Emi-Em~~*
MayonakaKitty
Luna
Amii~.
greennight
YoGo
Lilybloomus
LibielBird
127 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireLady92
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
VampireLady92

Female Aries Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Güleser
Affinities : Water and Air^^

How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:30 pm

lol XD
Back to top Go down
http://the-deep-ocean.de.tl/
dana.mariel
Meeting new friends at Lunch
dana.mariel

Female Aquarius Cat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 5:13 pm

I found them beside the Twilight display at Target. I bought the first one (mostly because it was cheap and about vampires, haha) and absolutely loved it.
Back to top Go down
Megean
Going to the House of Night
Going to the House of Night
Megean

Female Posts : 113

Character sheet
Name: Megean
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:17 pm

I am bookworm and love to read,so a friend told me about Marked,so i went to the booksorte and got it and was done reading by the end of the day
Back to top Go down
graciella
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
graciella

Female Pisces Rat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:37 pm

my freind told me about it cuz i am like obsessed with vampires.
Back to top Go down
Marked_by_Nyx
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Marked_by_Nyx

Female Leo Rat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:42 pm

I was (Still am) in my vampire faze and my mom picked out a book on vampires. It just so happened to be marked. YEY!!
Back to top Go down
http:///lifewiththecullens.twilight-mania.com/memberlist.forum
Naatika
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Naatika

Female Posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 pm

I think I told the entire story in another thread. In short; I have been a vampire fan all my life, but basically read only sci fi and horror variations with the occasional adult romance. My sister recommended HoN to me. I wasn’t sure I wanted to read it because she also had suggested Twilight, which I tried to read and didn’t care for. I eventually picked up the books during a holiday break for light reading and found it to be a quality series with clearly open Wiccan elements. (up to the point I have read in the series the wiccan element is actually stronger than the vampire one =P ) I felt the twist was fairly original and far from the carbon copy of other peoples ideas I feared it would be. I am currently enjoying the last two books that are out on the market and looking forward to the rest. =D
Back to top Go down
Rach
Telling your parents you are a fledgling
Telling your parents you are a fledgling
Rach

Female Posts : 81

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

At my school we have D.E.A.R (drop everything and read), My friend was reading it and I asked if I could read it after her, she said I'm to younge for it and bla bla bla, so i brought it myself and fell in love with the books! study I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 pm

at my school we have S.S.R. (Something, i dont remember what it is Silent Reading)
Back to top Go down
Beastbearer
Beastbearer

Male Leo Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Chayton Yellowfeather
Affinities : Air; Totem is the Thunderbird

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:27 pm

As I said in my introductory post, I got hooked on P.C. Cast through her Partholon books.

After reading them all, I was still hungry for more, and I happened to hear about House of Night.
Back to top Go down
http://veeringverbose.blogspot.com
Ayla
Freaking out
Freaking out
Ayla

Female Aquarius Goat

Character sheet
Name: Ayla Care
Affinities : i have an affinity for earth and understanding people of different languages

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Beastbearer wrote:
As I said in my introductory post, I got hooked on P.C. Cast through her Partholon books.

After reading them all, I was still hungry for more, and I happened to hear about House of Night.

her what books?
Back to top Go down
Letumia
Attending your first supernatural classes
Attending your first supernatural classes
Letumia

Female Posts : 165

Character sheet
Name: Letumia Serendipity
Affinities : She can manipulate with thoughts (who has read Harry Potter then it's like Imperio, so she can just use people as her own puppets), in other words - Manipulation, and water.

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm

I saw it in the Bookstore. The bookcover looked so cool and I desided to take a look at it. For the first time I just read the description. And then I was visiting the bookstores more and more, and then I desided to buy those books (I didn't know how long I could torture myself by that).
Back to top Go down
Beastbearer
Beastbearer

Male Leo Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Ayla wrote:
Beastbearer wrote:

her what books?

Partholon. Tis a fantasy world she created.

Divine By Mistake
Divine By Choice
Divine By Blood
Divine Beginnings
Elphame's Choice
Brighid's Quest
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Freaking out
Freaking out
Ayla

Female Aquarius Goat

Character sheet
Affinities : i have an affinity for earth and understanding people of different languages

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Beastbearer wrote:
Ayla wrote:
Beastbearer wrote:

her what books?

Divine By Mistake
Divine By Choice
Divine By Blood
Divine Beginnings
Elphame's Choice
Brighid's Quest
is it really good? whats it about?
Back to top Go down
Beastbearer
Beastbearer

Male Leo Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Ayla wrote:
Beastbearer wrote:
Ayla wrote:
Beastbearer wrote:

her what books?

Divine By Mistake
Divine By Choice
Divine By Blood
Divine Beginnings
Elphame's Choice
Brighid's Quest
is it really good? whats it about?

They're awesome.

The Divine books mostly follow Broken Arrow English teacher Shannon Parker, who is in many ways P.C.'s literary avatar.
She gets magically pulled into the world of Partholon by her bitchy mirror image Rhiannon, and becomes the high priestess of Epona, and gradually becomes accustomed to her new life and her connection to the Goddess.

I've been a hardcore fantasy lit fan for years, and P.C. takes the whole genre and, simultaneously, makes fun of the "classical" approach to writing fantasy AND creates a vibrant world of her own with great depth.
Back to top Go down
Raiden
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Raiden

Male Posts : 33

Character sheet
Name: Raiden
Affinities : Air, fire

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:11 pm

I was just looking through books at walmart and I didn't expect to find any that appeased to my intrests but the beautifully graphiced cover caught my attention qand sinced then I have been absorbed into the entire series.
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 pm

My friend started reading it and I thought it seemed really weird. When she finished it I didn't have any book to read so I borowed it from her. I thought it was great and in the end I had read all of the book thus far before her. She is still not done yet. She says she is going to read soon though because I told her to Smile
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Koral8125
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx

Female Leo Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Karlie
Affinities : earth

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:08 pm

i was in a book store in vermont when i first saw marked. i needed something to read and i thought it sounded pretty good. i remember i was in vermont around like a few days b4 breaking dawn was about to come out so i wanted to read n get started on another vampire series to keep me satisfied until breaking dawn came out so i picked up mared and brought it back to south dakota with me. then wen i was done i showed it to me friends and i let them barrow it and they loved it too. so i recommmened it to our public library and wen they got the books they where hardly ever on the sheleves anymore lolz Smile
Back to top Go down
-_Liquid Liesz_-
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
-_Liquid Liesz_-

Female Posts : 5

Character sheet
Name: Liquis Liesz
Affinities : i can bake cupcakes perfectly??

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 pm

i was in wal-mart with my grandma and she asked if i wanted a new book (im a bookworm. i read EVERYDAY and sadly i finish them within 3 hours of me cracking open the cover)(read the whole twilight series in 2 days (BEFORE that horrid movie came out and it got so much hype)..ARGH i hate finishing books so fast) of course i said yea. we saw the whole series for House Of Night (except tempted) and i said i wanted that one (didn't even know it was about vampires). when i got home i cracked open the cover and after the first chapter i was bored with it. (surprisingly) but i kept reading because I was bored, then it got interesting. i finished Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, and Haunted in 2 in a half days. I had to go get Tempted and now i'm all caught up. Sad i hate having to wait for books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whydoyouwanakno.com
Ayla
Freaking out
Freaking out
Ayla

Female Aquarius Goat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:19 pm

that sounds a lot like me! the bookworm part
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Nightchild wrote:
My friend started reading it and I thought it seemed really weird. When she finished it I didn't have any book to read so I borowed it from her. I thought it was great and in the end I had read all of the book thus far before her. She is still not done yet. She says she is going to read soon though because I told her to Smile

So you call my book-taste weird huh?
I found out about it when i went to a bookshop and i thought it was a weird book in the beginning but then i just loved it;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 pm

I know i read them slow but that's because i focused on school and started reading Night World which you told me to do too:D
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:28 pm

No you don't have weird book-taste! It was just before I read it I was like "Moon? On their forehead? What the heck are you reading?" but it turned out it was great. And its good you read Night World, its great books XD
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I knooow!
Back to top Go down
Tabor~!
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Tabor~!

Female Gemini Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Stormy Dai Deere
Affinities : Air, Fire, Water, Earth, & Spirit

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:09 pm

me & my mom was @ tha mall walkin around & she went to tha r.r. so i went to tha bookstore. I dnt usually read. Tha only books i read @ tha time was tha What If... series. She came n & asked if i wanted anythin & Marked was tha only 1 tht looked interestin. It was bout $10 & i didnt want my mom to spend tht much money on a book 4 me bt she said she spent more money on books wen she was my age. I finished it n a week, had my mom buy tha 2nd 1 4 me @ wally world. & on xmas my mom bought me tha nxt 3. I finished those over tha wkend & had my sis go 2 wally world 2 get Tempted 4 me while she went 2 get food. i lent my friend Tempted lyk a month or 2 ago & she still hasnt gave it bak cuz she hasnt even started it yet. I let my other friend borrow my copy of Marked & she finished it n 2 weeks. Thn i gave her tha nxt book bt spring break started & she was halfway thru so i gave her tha 3rd book 2 read over spring break. She alreadi finished tha 2nd 1. I think shes almost done wit tha 3rd 1 bt idk cuz i havent tlked 2 her n 2 dais. I'll have 2 call her l8er. I mite have 2 give her tha 4th & 5th 1s cuz its onli mondai & we got this whole week & wkend left until we go bak 2 skool. So yeah now after i read Marked i'v read tha whole series n started 3 other series includin The Immortals, Generation Dead, n Fallen. Im so proud of myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tabor~!
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Tabor~!

Female Gemini Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Stormy Dai Deere
Affinities : Air, Fire, Water, Earth, & Spirit

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

im sori tht was so long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Marked?
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next