House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How did you find out about Marked?

Go down 
+123
hzp5050
Beautiful Tragedy
Erinacchi
WazzuMan
black rose
DarkDaughterAngie
kittie
ZoeRedbird
JCP1987
firegoddess
ChrissieXP
heatherox03
Forsaken_Angel
Cassie Petitt
ZoeyAndStarkForever
Dandelion
EmoAngel
Rain
Leah Redbird
Fallen_warrior
Vamp_wannabe
Broken_doll
~Devon~
Emo Kitty
SerenityLynn
mrsdickey10
sayieng
houseofnightfan
Julieeebabe
Caristiona
Seven
ainhi90
vampyricXfaerie
Allyson
Pandora85
Celene
Lilith of Night
LuckiCharmz
Hex
Tabor~!
-_Liquid Liesz_-
Koral8125
Nightchild
Raiden
Letumia
Beastbearer
Rach
Naatika
Marked_by_Nyx
graciella
Megean
dana.mariel
Ayla
Coona_
Semzm
Valérie
VampireLady92
BonnieBennett
Ellen
ALittleCrazy5773
stark-zoey
archery74
x-beautiful-trouble-x
vampgirl1718
K. Redbird B
JoseDef
~(~AlExAnDrA~(~
Hathaway x Moon Huntress
Astrid
Nire Star
BerettaBoys
gobby-girl
Xxclaiiree<3starkxX
(¯`·._.·[akasha]·._.·´¯)
kayrose
Arainia Cullen416
witchgirl172
vamp in hiding 82443
DaughterofNyx101
Alice C.
Lesleyanne
Suzanne4au
ixabbu_4_Nyx
Moonstruck Vamp
bobbie
ShelbyLeeLoveForever
Angie stark bieber
I<3James
Dodge ram girl!
Saaaaarah(:
Samii
Kayliex3
HardyGirl
latedreamer*_*
Emily
~Celine~
devon
SigneAndersen
kara kryptonite
genna
ishane
~TemptedKnight~
Iria
YessicaRabbbit
alwaysamongashes
Kitchings#1
Tailored4Dreams
Danae1913
*summertime*
Mari-chan
LectricErin
bunnyluver626
~*Dani*~
Immortal Love
Rose
Emi-Em~~*
MayonakaKitty
Luna
Amii~.
greennight
YoGo
Lilybloomus
LibielBird
127 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
JCP1987
Eavesdropping on her conversation
Eavesdropping on her conversation
JCP1987

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: Haruhi Yuki
Affinities : Sword/Judo/Tai quan do

How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:59 am

I was at the book store buying Eclipse in the Twilight series and saw Marked close to Eclipse and picked it up and the girl working there said there were three in the series, so i bought Marked, Betrayed and Chosen that day and had them all read in 2 days and i was hooked.
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:07 am

i bought Marked and Betrayed to start the awesome series again Smile

it all started in my school library i saw Chosen on the display shelf and read the back of it.
i thought it was good.

( i didnt know at that point that it was the third book, untill i looked in the cover lolz.)

i got Marked when it came back into the library.
the school only has up to Tempted, so i had to borrow the last two. i was hooked when i started to read Marked Smile
Back to top Go down
kittie
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
kittie

Female Capricorn Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Katt Wakeshima
Affinities : prophecy, half demon neko

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:53 pm

well my bestie doesnt ever read but when she moved she found out about it from her cousin and she actually read the book the whole book and she is like done with the series i think and she told me about of course i teased her saying you can read omg wow lol

so she said its her fav series and i told her to read maximum ride series and she said she will only if i read the house of night series so that is how i found out about the book marked and i automatically became hooked lol it was a good deal
Back to top Go down
DarkDaughterAngie
Accidentally burning down a tree with Fire
Accidentally burning down a tree with Fire
DarkDaughterAngie

Female Leo Goat

Character sheet
Name: Angie Light
Affinities : Children and water

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:32 pm

after reading twilight i had enough of this love triangle and tried looking for something else and then i saw marked It looked like an awesome story. started reading and i was like must steal from library!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/getlila1
black rose
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
black rose

Female Gemini Pig

Character sheet
Name: Chloe
Affinities : water & air

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:35 pm

one of my friends mentioned the books. But i was unsure at first but i am totally glad that i did read the series!!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:44 am

My friend lent me the series. Said I might enjoy them. She was actually only halfway through Betrayed and I doubted she ever finished them. It was her younger sister who was into them. She only told me this afterwards, though. I was unsure and then she said the main protagonist was a female... with super powers. Sold.

It was still two weeks before I actually read the books because at the time of giving me the rest she couldn't find the first book. I don't know when I got hooked, because for the first few chapters was mostly driven by curiousity for these "different" vampyres. Around about the introduction of Aphrodite and Stevie Rae, I think.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:37 am

I was at my favorite bookshop in Helsinki, looking at novels in English. I'd decided to improve my English skills and I was looking for books other than Harry Potters (that I already had read in both Finnish and English). Then my eyes hit at Untamed. The cover looked cool, so I read the texts in the back. I got to know there were three other books before the cool-covered Untamed, so I looked at Marked. It looked amazing as well, so I decided to give it a shot.

It was worth it. HoN is now my third fave book series, right after Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. After I'd read Marked I had to get Betrayed ASAP, so I waited for my 15th birthday (which was about two weeks from the moment I bought Marked). Then I got Chosen, Untamed, Hunted when it was released in Finland and... here we are now. At that time I was a Twilight fan (it's over now), so I was hooked to vamps. After I'd read Marked, Betrayed and Chosen I realized that House of Night as a series is much cooler than Twilight. At least Zoey can decide stuff for herself - and she isn't a "damsel in distress" like Bella is.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
Beautiful Tragedy
Requesting the presence of Earth from the north
Requesting the presence of Earth from the north
Beautiful Tragedy

Female Aries Dog
Location : Im in your computer waiting for you to turn around so i can eat you muhahaha

Character sheet
Name: Ari
Affinities : Fire

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:30 am

Okay so my grama said that if I was going to stay at her house for the summer, that I had to read a book. So I picked up this book and ended up reading up to Untamed and Eclips that summer :]
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/TiaLuvsYou
hzp5050
hzp5050

Female Cancer Goat

Character sheet
Name: Annlouise Morrigan
Affinities : Fire and Law

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:12 pm

I think the book was in my high school library's new books section
my librarian recommended it seeing as how i liked either legal thirllers or fantasy and this book was fantasy
Back to top Go down
http://xspellboundx.proboards.com/index.cgi
Hannahofnight
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
Hannahofnight

Female Sagittarius Dog

Character sheet
Name: Hannah Night
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:27 pm

I was lookin' for a new book to read it was really hard to find a really good book. I almost gave up when mom said "Look you like vampires huh?" I: "Yeah" we bought all 4 we found and hoped the books was good. And yeah the books = soooo goood just love these books cheers
Back to top Go down
watervampire_nyx
Going to the House of Night
watervampire_nyx

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: kuoyoki yuki icesabella iceleia darkstar nightshade shadowheart
Affinities : water,ice,visios,darkness,fire,electricity

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:22 pm

my friend bree wagner she was reading iand when i read part of iti instantly fel in love with the book
Back to top Go down
HONReader_Diva
Freaking out
Freaking out
HONReader_Diva

Female Capricorn Snake

Character sheet
Name: Nikki Ireland
Affinities : Water

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 pm

I found out about Marked when I was in the bookstore looking around for something new. Me and my mom go as often as we can. As I was looking threw the books I saw the book called Marked. I was very interested in it. I started to read the back cover of the book to see what it was about. After that I went looking for my mom threw the store and I couldn't find her, but I found a nice chair and I sat down to read. But of course I text my mom where to find me when she was done looking for a book. So as I sat to read Marked, I realized I was hooked after the first 2 pages. I read the first 2 chapters when all of a sudden I hear," Are you going to buy the book or what"?! I jumped up and realized it was my mom. I said", YES!!!" Thank goodness I didn't have to drive home. My mom was driving so on the way home I contuned the book.
Back to top Go down
watervampire_nyx
watervampire_nyx

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: kuoyoki yuki icesabella iceleia darkstar nightshade shadowheart
Affinities : water,ice,visios,darkness,fire,electricity

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:42 pm

one of my friends was reading marked and i asked her if i can see the book and read the summary of it, i read it and i loved it, i bought the book and the rest of the other books and i fell in love with the series, and now it's my favorite book series ever.
Back to top Go down
DarkAngel
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
DarkAngel

Female Capricorn Snake

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm

I found out about Marked when I went to Barnes N Nobles. I went there looking for anything new. As I was looking in my favorite section Teen Fiction, I came across Marked. I never hear about it or the authors for that matter. I happen to see another young lady around my age picking up the book right next to it. And of course the name of the book was Betrayed. I asked her about the book Marked and she said you will get hooked on it so fast that she was there buying more of the books to the series. She told me it was about vampyres but not your everyday vampyr. She asked me about my likes in books and once I told her, she said you will love it!!! After that, I picked up Marked and sat down and started to read. As time went on, I lost track of time due to my interest in the book. My mother came up to me and said did you find anything. I jumped up and said yes!!! After that, I have been getting books to the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I didn't even know about the series, much less the author. but I've seen the title at the library and it made me curious, so well, I finally decided to "bite" into it! and i'm in a vampire mood, so it seemed the perfect choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about Marked?   How did you find out about Marked? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Marked?
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9