House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))

Go down 
+4
XxxHeatherMerriexxX
Moonwalker12
vampirechild
milly
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Milly
Affinities : None that she was aware of.

In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) Empty
PostSubject: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:05 am

CHAPTER ONE: HANNAH

I was sitting on the front porch of my house sketching an image i'd had ingraved in my head. I had
dremt about this since i was 12, never forgetting. I wished many times that it was only a nightmare, not true, a figment of my imafination... unfortunatly for me this was all real. It was my life now, and for better or worse i had to deal with
it.
I sketched the eys that haunted me, even in my slumber. the hands that hurt me, the evil within the soul. When i was done i grabbed the lighter sitting next to my cigarrets and burned it and released it into the air, hoping that the memories would go iwth it.

Last edited by milly on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
Accidentally blowing your friends over with Air
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Sita
Affinities : water, fire

In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:28 am

please continue.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:52 pm

With hands shaking i slowly lifted the cigaretts and lit one. i inhaled the smoke and began walking down the street. I was now nineteen, i left home as soon as i got the chace, not looking back. My dad died when i was young over seas, deported off to Afghanistan right after 9/11.

My mom needed a way out of all the bills, and remarried a man i could see, even then was evil. i shook my head and continued walking down the street. i needed a coffee, but i looked like crap. i turned back around and went home to take a shower and change.

When i got to my favorite coffee shop, just bean, i ordered my usual and sat with my sketch book. The ideas swirling in my head were like an unavoidable force of nature. twirling and swirling until they were down on paper. i had finals coming up, and this was the perfect project. This had jusd HAD to get me an A.

Last edited by milly on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:25 pm

I quickly began my drawing making intricate lines and designs until it was perfect. ((i forgot what my brilliant idea was lol)) I knew for a fact that my teacher was in no way going to fail me.

I walked into my class the next day just waiting for the end so i could be the first one to turn in my final. I heard everything the teacher said but not really listened. i was in a far off world thinking of caffeine. As the second hour of class finally ended i hurried on down the stairs and on to his desk where he had a small box where our projects were supposed to be dropped in.

As i turned to leave i heard Mr. Hale clear his throat and say my name. "Miss. Stuart... You're turning in your final a week early. Are you sure it's ready?"

I nodded and and reasured him that I thought it my most brilliant work yet.

"I hope you are correcet, because all though you are by far one of my favorites... It does not mean I am allowed in any way allowed to give you any prefearences grade wise"

"I understand Mr. Hale. I hope I don't let you down and you enjoy this piece as much as i have."

"I'm sure i will" he smiled at me as i walked out of class and straight for the starbucks stand outside.

"I'd like a mocha frappucino light no whip please" i asked the girl behind the register and walked towards the end where i would recieve my frozen caffinated drink.

I smiled and waited with anticipation. In those days where sleep was no longer my friend caffeine was all i had to stay away from the dangers that came along with night. With silence. With slumber.

I shook the thought away as the girl with the nametag that read Hellen called my name. "good choice" she whispered "it's my favorite." I smiled at the girl and thanked her.
I started walking towards the library and changed my mind. I had another class in an hour, i had time to go to the studio. I walked taking in my surroundings, looking for a new muse, new inspiration. That's when it hit me. Literaly, he hit me. By accident of course, but it sent my drink everywhere covering us both is frap.

"Omigod!!! that is so cold" i shiverd as i saw the guy who had ran into me. None other than the quarterback of our football team. Great now he was gonna think i was a dweeb.

"O sh!t! I'm sorry i didn't mean to do that" he rushed through the words as he removed his light jacket covered with my coffee and revealing a totally clean shirt free of stains. He removed his t-shirt and with a smile offered it to me. "Here you go. I imagine you dont have a change of clothes with you and i'm already leaving so i figured what the heck right?"

As he was talking it was hard for me to concentrate on his face. He looked like a Greek god. "Im sorry where are my manners? I'm Ian. Ian Stormhold." He extended his hand to mine

Last edited by milly on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Sita
Affinities : water, fire

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:25 pm

wow great job.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:10 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:16 pm

"I'm Ha_ Hannah. Hannah Stuart" i stated with a slight stutter. Gosh i was an idiot. He laughed a little at my noticeable nervousness.

"I'm really sorry about the whole... Frap? I wasn't watching where i was going. Here, i know it's probably too big on you and stuff but... Gosh i'm babbling, i babble when i get nervous... And I'm still doing it aren't I?"

I looked at Ian with astonishment, "You're nervous? But why?" I asked curiously I noticed him lowering the hand holding the shirt and i realized i hadn't taken it, and his body was still half naked.

"You probably think i'm a doofus now" he smiled

"Sure bc i'm not the one covered with cold coffee" i smiled

He raised his shirt once more and i took it with a smile.

"Ian!!! Ian honey. What are you doing without a shirt?" Rylie Jones-capitan of the University's Cheer Squad raised a brow at me "Who's she?"

"Oh that's.... Umm... I'm sorry what's your name? I don't think you ever introduced yourself" Ian smiled at me

"I'm Hannah Stuart." I extended my hand out to her, and she just glared at it. I began to lower it when Ian took and shook it.

"Nice to meet you Hannah" he smiled

"well i better get going to the studio... Bye. Nice to meet you both" As i began to walk away I heard Ian call my name.

"Hey here. Take this. You still need to change." He gaveme a dimple full smile

"Oh it's fi_"

Ian shook his head and took my hand and stuffed the clean shirt onto it. "I want you to take it. It's the least I can do"

I smiled my dimples back at him and thanked him. I could see Rylie getting impatient, and he must of noticed me watching her, because he immediatly said in a real rush "I have to go. Nice meeting you Hannah. I hope to see you around" As he gave me one last smiled and walked away.

Last edited by milly on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonwalker12
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonwalker12

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Kassidy
Affinities : Fire and night

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Thats really good
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Back to top Go down
XxxHeatherMerriexxX
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
XxxHeatherMerriexxX

Female Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:50 pm

very nice! i was so interested i didnt even bother going to get my glasses i just squinted my way through it!
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:57 am

lol! Thanks! makes me feel good about it:)
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:41 am

I watched him walk away from me for a split of a second. Watched as Rylie wrapped her perfect silhouette around him, reaching her hand out towards his perfect butt, taking a large prtion of it in her small hands and giving it a sqeeze. That was enough for me. Yet another good looking guy, that wasn't ment to be mine.

I sighed and picking up my shirt where it was still dripping and chilling me I made my way to the restroom to change into the sdhirt that Ian had let me borrow. As I walked into the stall i couldn't help myself. I took his shirt and pressed it lightly to my face inhaling his cologne. As i recognized the scent it brought a quick tear to my eye. Polo black. My dad's favorite.

I quickly pulled my shirt off and slipped on his feeling the warmth he left behind. I sighed and walked out of my stall to go wash my hands and then walked straight to the art studio. There were so many things flowing in through my mind, with some new images running and burning deep.

I walked in and saw Ashley, my one and only friend in the whole institution. She was working on something, her final most likely. I walked slowly up to her work area.

"Hey."

"Hey babe! What are you doing here today? I thought you weren't coming in until next week?" she said as she made a smudge with her smaller brush.

"There's a lot of things that i need to let out" I answered simply as i sat and took out my sketch pad and pencils.

I flipped to an empty page and began drawing the lines and shadows creeping around in my brain

Last edited by milly on Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:38 pm

I never noticed what all the lines were making, until Ashley gasped and let out a small giggle.

"Is that... Ian Stormhold?" she laughed even harder.

"I... I don't know." i whispered looking at my sketch. "I suppose it is."
That's when she noticed my shirt, his shirt.

"what are you wearing?" she let out a smaller giggle than before.

"Oh... um... Ian Stormhold's shirt." i shrugged my shoulders slightly and continued looking at my drawing of Ian.

"Wait what? What are YOU doing with his shirt? How do you even KNOW him?"

I closed my eyes and thought of the unfortunate set of events. "Well lets see. I went for my usual frapp after first class and before i even got he chance to take a sip, BOOM!" I motioned towards Ian's shirt.

"Boom what? You did a bibidi bobiti boo things and you got his shirt on you?"

I shook my head "no you tard. He ran into me and spilled my frapp all over me. He took off his shirt and gave it to me to wear since i still had classes and he was done for the day."

"W-O-W, WOW! I cannot believe you're wearing his shirt. You're so lucky!"

"Omigod you got no idea! Bc he's like a total hottie mchottness and i'm like on cloud nine!" I said in my best snobby voice sticking my tongue at her.

Ashley stuck her tongue back at me and smiled "I'm being seroius!" she squealed.

"Yeah, well he's taken Ash. Besides it's just a shirt. NOT like it's an engagement ring. NOt to mention he's got a girlfriend. So can we just drop it?"

"I guess... But if you're as not intrested as you're trying to pretend.. You might want to stop drawing his face." She smiled giving her best smarty pants smirk and walking back to her painting.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:24 pm

I couldn't stop myself from looking at the drawing in front of me. Every time i looked into his eyes my stomach began to whirl and i coudn't quite explain why. I mean it's not like I had even really known him for a long time, or at all for that matter. So why was it that when i watch Riley wrap herself onto him i felt wretchedly awful.

I closed my pad quickly and took a deep settling breath. He's no one of importance to you, just breath and remember the career you've been trying to build. I repeated in my head over and over again. As i shoved my things in my bag i reached in the side pockets for my cigaretts.

"I'll see you later Ash." I called out looking for my lighter/

"Those things kill you know?" she pointed at what i was holding in my hand.

"Yea well so does alcohol but that doesn't stop you, does it?" i giggled

"Touche, my darling. Touche."

I lit my smoke and inhaled a long deep breath holding it in, allowing the nicotine to take effect on my body. Feeling like having a little fun i began making little figurines with the smoke i exhaled. It made me giggle so hard that people walking past me thought i was an even bigger freak than usual. But honestly, i didn't care. I was having fun with my care free smoke and that's all that mattered. It's not like people already didn't think i was the weird art kid that was physically abused and raped by her step dad.

The thought brought me chills and fright. I took another big puff of my smoke and started walking towards my car. When i got there it was to no surprise to see a bunch of boys surrounding it. As much as a freak as people thought i was, they could never get enough of my cars. That was something me and dad did together, work on cars.

"Dude what's under that hood?"

"Yeah art chick she looks mean!"

"The name is Hannah not art chick, and what's under my hood is my secret. I don't let people know. Now... can i please get to my car?"

They all laughed at me like i was telling the some type of joke. "What's so funny?"

"Hey man i bet she won't tell us what's under the hood because she hasn't got a clue."

"I bet!" i replied sarcastically "Now can i please get to my car?"

"Only until you tell me what's in your car."

"How about this. I bet you that i can figure out what your car has. Hundred. If i win hundred if i loose. Now if you can guess what i have... I'll give you 5 hundred." I smiled with a devilish smile.

"You're on!"

Last edited by milly on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:36 am

"Great let's start with yours. Show me the way i'll follow you."

They guys whose name i failed to know just shook his head. "No. We start here, turn it on mama."

"Ugh! You're so tacky!" I shoved him away from my door and threw my bag in the pasangers seat. I pressed down my clutch and reved it as loud as i could. I continued for about a minute and watched in amazement as all the boys jaws dropped. It made me giggle.

"So. Take your best guess."

"I bet all you have in there is a super charger."

"Anything else?"

"No."

"Is that your final answer?" i laughed as all the guys around him chanted "Good guess" and "You got this man".

"Omigod! Yes it's my fk!n final answer!"

"Well you can read the side of my car where it obviously says SS" i laughed at him "You missed about half of the things in it. You lose. Let's chek out yours."

"Whatever you're probably lying! Just don't want to pay up.''

"Well i guess we'll find out when i tell you what's in yours."

We walked to his car with all his boys behind him.

"Let's hear her purr shall we?"

I nodded at the nameless guy and listened to his car, which was in bad conditions by the sound of it. I laughed a little.

"So give it a whirl artsy girl."

"well by the sound of it, there's a hole in your exhaust pipe which is one of the things you have in it. You look like one of those guys who probably think that has a chip in it just because you think that it might make your car faster. And by the small whine i'm guessing you have a... .7 pulley. How did i do?" i smiled at him

Without another word the guy pulled out a hundred dollar bill and handed it to me.

"Nice doing buisness with you boys" I said as i fanned myself with the bill and made my way back to my car.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:20 am

CHAPTER TWO: IAN

I could feel Rylie's hand burning in my back pocket squeezing my butt. I tried to swivel out without making it too noticeable, but her grip was too strong to do it lightly.

"Umm... Ry, you know how i feel about PDA"

"Don't be such a prune Ian"

I came to a stop and pulled her hand out of my pocket. "No Ry. You can walk to your car from here right? I have to go find the guys."

"Do you want me to go with you? You know what they say, two is better than one"

"Na it's cool. We're going back to my apartment to watch the game"

She stepped forward and tried to kiss me but i moved my head sideways where she only got my cheek. When i moved she looked hurt, but didn't comment. Rylie looked at me and then walked the opposite way to her car.

I'd be lying to myself if I said that things between us were okay when they're really not. I found out a couple months ago that she had cheated on me the night before our one year anniversary with someone on the baseball team. It took me a couple days of convincing, mostly on her part, to stay with her. It's never been the same ever since.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 pm

I walked over to my car and found a bunch of my friends around theri cars. THey seemed excited about something. All i could hear was "That girl punked you" and "She made you look like such an idiot man". I couldn't help myself I had to know what they were talking about.

"Hey what's going on?" I asked Seth, one of my friends, as i shook hands with all the guys.

"That girl man! The one you spilt her frapp all over, she just punked Seth!", bolted in Keith laughing his a$$ off.

I smiled as the thought of that tiny petite girl punking a guy that could easily bench press three times her weight. "What did she say to you man?"

I couldn't help from laughing as he raised his brow.

"She pretty much robbed me of 100 bucks! That's what she did?"

"You got robbed by a girl that's the size of one of your arms!" I yelled laughing in his face.

"No, no, no, no. no man!", laughed Michael, "he bet her that she didn't know anything about cars. Guess our little boy Seth over here didn't know who he was messing with."

"So this girl, Hannah. She knows her stuff or what?"

"More than you, me, and Seth over here", Keith said while pointing at each of us, "put together. I gotta say man... It was pretty damn sexy."

I pondered over the thought. A girl who knew cars better than boys, that was a first. I don't think I had ever heard of that. Well minus the girls on fast and the furious.

"Yea man it was. Not to mention that it was a funny site watching Seth's mouth drop like hot pancakes!" Michael laughed from behind Keith.

"Yea, yea, yea. It was all very funny, okay? So she took my gas money, I'll win it off you losers at pool later. We still all going to the bar? I'm killing for a beer man."

"Na man. I think I'm heading home. I'm pretty wiped."

"Come on Ian! Guys night out! You have to go! Game's on!"

"Yea Ian" said the rest of 'em.

"Aghhh." I scratched the back of my head "Fine but only if ya'll are buying my beers", I laughed.

We all got in our cars and disperced to the bar that was a couple blocks off campus.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:05 pm

A few minutes later we had already arrived i could see that it was going to be a very long night. The bar was starting to get packed. Game was starting in half an hour.

I walked into the bar with my friends along side me.

"Hey Sotrmhold!"

I turned to see who was calling me. It was Frank, a guy that i met at the gym couple months back, he was on the track team. I nodded my head towards him and headed for an empty table with enough chairs for all of us.

My friends all caught up to me and sat around the table.

"Hey ya'll hungry?", asked Keith "Cause I am. Anyone up for some chicken wings? Theyre on special." He made us all laugh as he dragged the last word in a high pitched voice.

"Yea man order like five baskets." I laughed.

"More like ten!", said Seth from the head of the table. "Im hungry!"

We were all laughing around when our waitress surprised us by grabing Michael's face and leaning into it for a kiss. It wasn't until after she lifted her head that we all noticed it was Angela, his girlfriend. The hysterics continued as she picked up our order, not really needing any guidence as to what we wanted.

"Well boys, that just goes to show how much time ya'll actually spend down here.", she giggled in her Tennesse accent.

"I wanted to come see your pretty face, can you blame a guy?", Michael said with a smile on his face.

"Alright, alright, alright!", yelled Seth, "Angie can you please go get us our beers and wings? Your almost off anyways. You can come chill in like 10 minutes."

"Alright, keep your panties on", she teased.

"Hey how do you know I'm wearinf panties? Were you spying on me this morning?"

Angela stuck her tongue out at him and went to go get our drinks and wings. We drank and ate as we waited for the game to start.

"Hey man game's 'bout to start."

"Hey Seth! Check out who's coming in. She's gna come jack your wings now", laughed Keith from beside me.

I turned my head immedietly looking, seaching for the girl. That's when i spotted her. She had changed from my over sized shirt into a shirt that showed off her perfect body. It clung to her in the best ways. She was with someone else, a girl i thought i recognized from economics class. I saw her pulled out a cigarett and begin to inhale, well i was going to have to change that. It was totally unhealthy.

I got up and chugged the rest of my beer. I grabbed a napkin that was nearby and cleaned any evidence of my wings. I took a deep breath and began to walk over to where the girl stood.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:40 am

CHAPTER THREE: HANNAH

Thank the Lord my apartment wasn’t that far away from campus. I got in my car with some cash for my beers tonight and headed to go get ready for the game. I was supposed to meet Ashley there.
I left everything in my car and just ran straight for my closet. I looked for a tee that might get me some free beers tonight. Not too conservative, but defiantly not trampy. I found the perfect shirt, a dark green that made my gray eyes pop a little more.
I reluctantly removed Ian’s shirt and threw the clean one on. I didn’t have time to shower, as I was already running late. I found my hairbrush and gave it a quick run through. As I quickly rummaged through my makeup finding my eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara. I applied it quickly and ran.
I got in my car and quickly found the bar I was looking for. I took my smokes and lighter out and stuffed them in a small bag that goes over my shoulder and across my chest. I grabbed some money out of my purse, and the money I had won from my little bet earlier, and stuffed it in the side pocket. I gripped my favorite lip balm and lip glossed and applied it as I was walking in.
Ashley was by the door waiting for me before walking inside. I smiled at her appraising her look. “You look great. So hot.”
“You think so? Not to trampy?” She asked worried.
I shook my head at her. “Come on lets go in. It’s starting to get cold out here.” Although it was still October and we live in Texas, the breeze was getting pretty chilly.
With Ashley by my side I walked into the bar more confident than ever. We made our way straight to the bar where I took out a cigarette and lit it. I inhaled the nicotine and turned to see none other than Ian walking towards me.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:06 am

“Omigod Ashley. Please tell me that he’s not walking over here?”
Ashley turned away from the big plasma in front of her to look at me slightly annoyed because the game was starting. “He who?” she asked and the gasped at the same time I felt someone tap my shoulder.
“Smoking’s bad for you, you know?” I heard Ian’s deep alluring voice behind me. I turned slowly and looked up to meet his gaze.
“So I’ve been told,” I smiled at him dumping ashes into a small tray on the bar.
I watched as he took my cigarette from my hand and put it out. Okay who the hell did this guy think he was? Those are expensive now-a-days! “Hey! Just what do you think you are doing there buster?”
My expression or use of language must of seemed funny to him because he started laughing like there was no tomorrow. I raised a questioning brow at him. “May I ask what’s so funny?”
“Your face!” He laughed even harder. That was it. It set me off. There went all my confidence for the night. Of course he was a jerk how could he not? He was the quarterback!
“Well I’m sorry we can’t all be perfectly blond, tall, tan, popular, and rich like your girlfriend!” I yelled at him as I got up from my seat and out the door. It’s not like anyone out there would put out my cigarettes, and I needed one badly.
I rummaged through my small bag and quickly found what I was looking for. Just as I was about to light my cigarette I see a hand snatch it from behind my head. I whirled and who else is there but Ian.
“Why can’t you just leave me alone, huh? I’d like at least a couple of minutes to enjoy my cigarette which you keep snatching out of my face!” I was starting to get a little more than agitated. It’s not like he was Ashley to be telling me anything. Not even she bugs me as much about this as he was.
Ian said nothing as he smiled down at me with a smug look. “How about I get you a beer?”
“How about you give me back my cigarette and quit following me to make sure I’m not smoking? You’re starting to creep me out.”
He laughed hysterically like I had just told him the funniest joke he’d ever heard. “What’s so funny? And if you say my face again I swear it’s gonna be your face the one that pays!”
“I creep you out? I’m just trying to keep you alive a little longer. I thought we were friends.”
“Friends? You met me for the first time ever an hour ago and now your acting like you’ve known me your whole life. What’s you deal?”
He stood there for a minute deliberating on how to answer. “It’s different with you. It’s like as if I had known you for a while. Like we’ve been friends since kids you know?”
I looked at him incredulously. Of course I knew what he was up to. “Look, Ian, is it?” He looked amused and simply nodded. “I know guys like you. I’ve seen what guys like you can do, and honestly I’m not interested on being one of your many side girls. So do me a favor and get the picture.”
I didn’t wait for Ian to retaliate with a smartass remark. I simply turned and got into my car. I needed air, needed peace. My bags were still in my car and so I decided to take a detour from my route home. Who cared about a stupid football game? I threw my car into third and made my way to a cabin my mom and horrid step dad had by the lake. They never used it. The cabin had been neglected for years.

Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:29 am

After about an hour or so, I spotted a little gas station and decided to pull in to refill my car, and refill my stomach, which unfortunately for me was extremely, empty.
I walked in to the small space. It smelt like cigarettes and peppermint. It was a familiar scent, comforting even. I saw a small crinkled old man behind an old register that could use replacing. I grabbed some snacks, roman noodles and a twelve pack of both beer and water.
“Umm, I would like 40 on pump, I’m sorry I can’t exactly tell what number that is. Oh and all this please.” I smiled politely at the small old man.
“You’re not from around these parts, I don’t think I’ve seen you around here.”
“Oh, no I am from the city. My mother has a cabin around here. I, umm, needed some peace.” I smiled as I handed the man the money.
“Well darlin’ if it’s peace you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.” He laughed a groggy, thick, weak laugh. “Here, you might want this just in case.”
I looked at what he held in his hand, it was a flashlight. “Oh well, thanks. It’s really not necessary though.”
“Take it darlin’ there have been many power outages ‘round these here parts lately.” The man gave me a heartwarming smile.
Not wanting to offend him I gladly took the light and made my way out to fill up my car as I loaded all the food I’d just bought.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:01 am

CHAPTER FOUR: IAN

I watched as Hannah walked off to her car and I felt a desperate need to follow her. That however, would qualify as she very mildly put as creepy. Not to mention that I’d probably be considered a stalker.
I laughed once without humor as I tossed the cigarette I still held in my hand and walked back inside from the chilly night.
The entire bar was screaming for someone to run and keep going, but my heart just wasn’t in it anymore. This girl caused an odd sensation in me. It was both a feeling of nerves and adrenaline.
“Hey Ian where did you chase that girl off to?” Keith hollered at me from behind his beer bottle.
“I don’t know man; guess I’m not as funny as I thought.”
I shrugged back in my seat and attempted to have a good time with the guys, but it just wasn’t the same. After about ten minutes I had had enough.
“I think I’m going to take off guys, I’ll see ya’ll tomorrow.”
“You can’t leave yet! It’s not even half time!”
“Yea I know, Seth, but I just really need a nap.”
“Man, what did that girl tell you to psych you out so much today?”
“Good night.” I got up and threw a duce at my boys and called it a night at the bar.
What a day. Here there was this odd girl that no one really knows. She knows cars, she’s smart, she’s not drooling all over me like the rest of the stereotypical girls around here , not to mention that she was beautiful without a doubt.
She didn’t need any make up, and the little she wore looked fine on her. Not like the fake tans I’ve been used to, grown up with even. Did this girl fit any of the normal girl patterns I am so accustomed to?
I drove home in silence, wondering who this girl really was, but more importantly when I would get another chance to see her again. Good thing I knew someone who could answer that for me.
Suddenly I was anxious to arrive home. I had to look through some old papers I had in my desk. I knew exactly what I was looking for and where to find it. I hoped. Knowing Rylie she probably went snooping through my things and tossed it out.

Back to top Go down
Midnight Demon
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Midnight Demon

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Rosalina
Affinities : Writing Poetry, Dream Walker

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:45 pm

I really love the story! Keep Writing! Please.
Back to top Go down
Sak-Chan
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Sak-Chan

Female Taurus Rat

Character sheet
Name: Maria Silversong
Affinities : Air. death.

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:53 pm

keep going please.
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 am

i'll try to get to it as soon as i can
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))   In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<)) Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Blink of an Eye ((Please please read me guys! Input would be greatly aprreciated >.<))
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next