House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?

Go down 
+10
Moonerz.
Livi
18simona03
StarlightAido
Erinacchi
WazzuMan
heatherox03
ZoeRedbird
JCP1987
iLOVErephaim!
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iLOVErephaim!
Going to the House of Night

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  Empty
PostSubject: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:44 am

I hope the title didn't spoil anything, though it does say on the back of the book that she's becoming a Queen under Sigch (sp?)

Anyways what do you guys think? Is it just me or is everything just handed to Zoey? Wouldn't being High Preistess of all Vampyres be more reasonable? I mean, I'm kind of starting to forget they're vampyres the story's straying from the original plot so much.

I'm gonna have to say yuck haha

I'm glad the Nerd Herd got away from Neferet though.

Anyways any thoughts? They will be appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
JCP1987
Eavesdropping on her conversation
JCP1987

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: Haruhi Yuki
Affinities : Sword/Judo/Tai quan do

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 1:58 am

i kind of agree with you about her being the high priestess of all vampyres but i think if she got taught better by Sighi then she may be better and grow up even moer in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:54 am

i dont think she would be a queen like Sagh (cant remember her name sorry) but a queen to Stark since hes her gaurdian.
i say nay
but i di say yay to her being high preistes of all the vamps like that other one....
Back to top Go down
heatherox03
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
heatherox03

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Euterpe
Affinities : weather and music

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:12 am

zoey's too young to be a queen. if she got taught by sgaich, then maybe...but i agree w/ the others, she should be high pristess of all vamps. that job she would be better suited for.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:00 am

^ Wait, so people think that instead of just giving Zoey her own little island to rule, it would be better if she ruled the rest of the Vampyre community. It doesn't matter what you call it, both roles would grant her serious power, only the scope is different. As a queen she only rules an island, unless she wants to go all 'Nepolian' on the rest of the world.
Back to top Go down
JCP1987
JCP1987

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: Haruhi Yuki
Affinities : Sword/Judo/Tai quan do

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 4:07 pm

^lol Nepolian lol she is not as short lol but i get your reference and either role she ends up being she will be very powerfull and hopefully will get more mature as she grows and ages.
Back to top Go down
heatherox03
heatherox03

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Euterpe
Affinities : weather and music

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

but wht im saying is that it takes years of work, and esentially being born into a monarchy. the Queen of England didnt recieve that title by just marrying her consort Prince Phillip; it was her birth right. She was groomed to be Queen at a young age. Zoey certainly didnt know that she was going to be a queen, much less a vampyre when she was born. so she would be better suited for high pristess, but that, too, takes years of work to achieve. if she becomes a bookworm and learns wisdom as she gets older, then yes, she could be the next vampyre high pristess.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:47 pm

you guys are making a lot of good points here. What I'm saying is it seems that Zoey has everything handed to her even though she isn't studious and has no idea what she is doing most of the time. Being a "Queen" seems far fetched from the Vampyre plot line that this series started out with. It seems that P.C is just trying to catch Zoey's power up to Neferet's, who has become almost invincible. It's crudely done if you ask me. Why can't they make her mature a bit more, focus less on her boy issues, and more on her becoming stronger to become something a little more suitable for the original plot such as Vampyre High Preistess.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

heatherox03 wrote:
but wht im saying is that it takes years of work, ...
Who said it would happen overnight? Are we reading the same book?

heatherox03 wrote:
... and esentially being born into a monarchy. the Queen of England didnt recieve that title by just marrying her consort Prince Phillip; it was her birth right. She was groomed to be Queen at a young age. Zoey certainly didnt know that she was going to be a queen, much less a vampyre when she was born. so she would be better suited for high pristess, but that, too, takes years of work to achieve. if she becomes a bookworm and learns wisdom as she gets older, then yes, she could be the next vampyre high pristess.

Two things.

1. Being a great leader has nothing to do with blood or who your parents were. It's absurd. I'm not a student of history but it is definitely a weakness I've seen exploited in many fictional works, some of which are supposedly loosely based on truths. The Queen was groomed to take on that role but don't be mistaken... there are other people in this world who can do what she does, maybe even better. Besides royal bloodlines don't just come into being, the people decide who is "royalty" and if they turn into tyrants the people rebel and someone else takes the throne.

2. I think the idea of a "Vampyre Queen" is more of a joke, anyway. Think about it: vampyres can't have children, and the ones in the HoN universe are not immortal. No "royal" bloodline. Ever. Sgiach will die eventually, but her "kingdom" will still need a leader of sorts. Does it really matter what you call it as long as they were someone worthy and wise?

As I was trying to say before: titles means very little, it's just what people choose to refer to you as. It's what you do and represent that matters.

I see that the real issue you guys are having is with the word "queen". You'd happily call her a "priestess" and let her have more power than she otherwise would, instead of calling her a "queen". In my opinion it seems a bit shallow to worry so much about the choice of words instead of focusing on what is actually being said.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:15 pm

And as we've learned from history, those who are born to rule aren't always the best to rule. Many of the Roman emperors were born to rule but they blew at it. I don't remember which one it was, but one of them killed every people who said one little word against him.

I think Zoey would make a fine Queen at the Isle of Skye. She'd be able to live in peace and not stress over saving the world. After everything she's gone through you'd think she needed a long break. And I know she wouldn't become a tyrant. Though, it's true that power changes people. But Zoey doesn't seem the type who'd try to control other people.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Erinacchi, I don't think she should just sit on the Island and do nothing to save the world. That's the whole reason she annoyed me in Awakened because she wanted to do just that. Yes, she lost Heath and it was awful, but to sit around and let other people, vampyres and humans, lose their loved ones the way she did is absoultely selfish. She didn't ask to be Nyx's Chosen One, but she is and she should do her best to help people with her gifts, not sulk on an Island.

Wazzuman, you actually enlightened me. It is just another title of power that we're fussing about, I'll aknowledge that, but it's one more thing she didn't have to work for, that's what bugs me. I'm sure someone else is more apt to be Sigach's desiphel. Zoey is powerful, and has wise moments, but let's be honest, she's a horrible decision maker and she makes excuses for herself to justify her wrongs. I wouldn't want to be ruled by someone like that.
Back to top Go down
StarlightAido
StarlightAido

Male Scorpio Dog

Character sheet
Name: Aido
Affinities : Air

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:58 pm

(Spoiler) I wonder how she will react with her mom dying...
Also how will Stark get rid of Kalona...
So many questions come from the ending of Awakened...

Also, yes Zoey needs to start earning stuff instead of getting it and wasting it.. I barely even see her using her elements anymore...

Stevie Rae and Rephaim... How will this turn out.. I'm guessing just like how Stark and Zoey are.
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:38 am

I didn't say she should just sit there and do nothing. I said she needed a break.
Of course I do hope she'll save the world, but even heroines need breaks. They can't just concentrate on saving the world all the damn time.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

iLOVErephaim! wrote:
Erinacchi, I don't think she should just sit on the Island and do nothing to save the world. That's the whole reason she annoyed me in Awakened because she wanted to do just that. Yes, she lost Heath and it was awful, but to sit around and let other people, vampyres and humans, lose their loved ones the way she did is absoultely selfish. She didn't ask to be Nyx's Chosen One, but she is and she should do her best to help people with her gifts, not sulk on an Island.

Wazzuman, you actually enlightened me. It is just another title of power that we're fussing about, I'll aknowledge that, but it's one more thing she didn't have to work for, that's what bugs me. I'm sure someone else is more apt to be Sigach's desiphel. Zoey is powerful, and has wise moments, but let's be honest, she's a horrible decision maker and she makes excuses for herself to justify her wrongs. I wouldn't want to be ruled by someone like that.

Sgiach hasn't handed over anything to Zoey yet, and I suspect she still has many years in her, that is of course assuming she survives the events of the next few novels. She is wise and I know neither she or Nyx (i.e. the authors) will hand over that kind of responsibility to her until she is ready, and we all know she isn't. You're all fast tracking to a possibly distant future, one that isn't necessarily so. I think Zoey's first step is to prove that she can deal with a crisis, and how she deals with Neferet and Kalona in the inevitable 'final confrontation' will be evidence of that.

I'd be the first to point out the mistakes she's made in the past. She has been foolish, naive, ignorant, and has put personal affairs before that which really matters. Speaking as "man" who is almost barely over two years older than her, I can understand that completely. And I'd also point out that she is compassionate, brave, and headstrong when it matters most. She is not afraid to take extraordinary risks, or put others' needs before her own. She already has the makings of a great leader, if she learns to trust herself and have confidence in herself.

I can not blame her for not wanting to take on Neferet and Kalona with so little support, not without accusing myself of being a hypocrite anyway. I think it's been very clear from the beginning that if she could leave this with the adults she'd happily do so without hesitation. However, there it is. She hasn't give up yet, she may seem reluctant but she is aware of what could be at stake and if she ever forgot we know Aphrodite would set her right again. We should remember that she already has a lot of responsibility on her. Sgiach knows this, it's why she allowed Zoey a brief reprieve.

Besides, there was nothing Zoey could have done to prevent Jack's death. She may appear powerful but she is not ready to meet Neferet's power head-on. You're just going to accept that his death was a necessity to help mold Zoey into the women she needs to be to grow into her leadership role, whether that be a queen, high priestess, or both.
Back to top Go down
18simona03
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
18simona03

Female Pisces Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Simona
Affinities : Air, Fire, WATER, Earth, Spirit, Ability to see auras of people

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 2:12 pm

Zoey is too perfect - affinity for five elements, none can read her mind, five guys fall in love with her, all her friends have got affinities or special gift, she can speak with nyx, too powerful, more powerful than neferet, she knows everything and i dont like it. :// and now she is gueen... Stevie rae would be better main character. stare Angry
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Quote :
Stevie Rae and Rephaim... How will this turn out.. I'm guessing just like how Stark and Zoey are.
....Oh God, I hope not. Stark seems to be falling back into Darkness where as Rephaim just clawed his way out of it. I hope both guys can stay on Nyx's path, but Kalona might give Rephaim a hard time, especially since Kalona was counting on Rephaim staying a Raven Mocker. Anywaays, back to Zoey.

Quote :
Of course I do hope she'll save the world, but even heroines need breaks. They can't just concentrate on saving the world all the damn time.

Very sorry, I didn't mean to come off like I was attacking you and your opinions. Of course they need a break, but Zoey was planning on staying there, opening a new school, and pretending that the mess away from the island didn't exist. It took her friend dying for her to come back. A leader shouldn't runaway and leave people to die.
By the way, in her conversation with Stevie Rae, she had just been told sweet little Jack was dead, she cried for a second, then proceeded to tell Stevie Rae how her and Stark "did it".....anyone else find that a little unrealistic. If my friend was murdered I wouldn't be babbling about how I just had sex. Just a little side note for thought.

Quote :
You're just going to accept that his death was a necessity to help mold Zoey into the women she needs to be to grow into her leadership role,

I don't think she could've helped him either, and she did mature a fraction at the end of the book, I'll give her that, but it seems like she takes one step foward and two steps back...

Back to top Go down
StarlightAido
StarlightAido

Male Scorpio Dog

Character sheet
Name: Aido
Affinities : Air

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:53 am

Stark isn't falling back into darkness, I think he is being controlled by Kalona.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:41 pm

WHOOPS! yeah that's what I meant, not voluntarily anyway. I just hope Zoey doesn't condemn him for it and doesn't run off with Aroux. That would be seriously annoying...
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:13 am

18simona03 wrote:
Zoey is too perfect

The words Zoey and perfect in the same sentence? There is NO such thing as "too perfect", especially when we are talking about human or (in this case) humanoid characters. Even Nyx is not perfect since she started the whole mess with Neferet and Kalona.

18simona03 wrote:
affinity for five elements, none can read her mind, she can speaks with Nyx
So. She's the main protagonist fighting against the forces of evil, she's required to have aces. If you want to point the finger at overpowered characters then let's talk about Superman. Is it any wonder why Batman has better films?

18simona03 wrote:
five guys fall in love with her
Who are these guys and how come I don't know about him? Blake and Kalona were never in love with Zoey, and don't get me started on Heath or Erik. I even have doubts that Stark's emotions run deep enough for their relationship to work. If that's what "love" really is, then I don't want anything to do with it.

18simona03 wrote:
All her friends have got affinities or special gift
It's called a team. Look at Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc. The House of Night universe has suggested on more than one occasion that there could be war in the near future and the outcomes of war are not decided by a single person's actions. By the way, what "special gifts" did Heath have? Erik?

18simona03 wrote:
more powerful than neferet
Unless she can control the forces of Light like another limb of her body and was immortal to boot, I'd have to disagree with that.

18simona03 wrote:
she knows everything and i dont like it. ://
Of course! She knew all along that Blake was in kahootz with Neferet and she only slept with him to turn Neferet against him. Perhaps Zoey is the real evil mastermind driving the events of the books.[/sarcasm]

I'm sure you just mean that Zoey seems to know more than you do. Understandable, I was a bad student in school. Still haven't let that one go. No, this isn't a personal attack, I know people who were smarter than her when they were her age (some of them still are). It's all about study but I'm no good at it and I've got all sorts of bad habits that hold me back.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Quote :
The words Zoey and perfect in the same sentence? There is NO such thing as "too perfect", especially when we are talking about human or (in this case) humanoid characters. Even Nyx is not perfect since she started the whole mess with Neferet and Kalona.

The fact is, no Zoey is not generally perfect, but ideally she is. This character is a Mary Sue. She is accepted into a close knit group of friends the moment she gets into the school. Apparently she's gorgeous. She's already dating the "Super Cute" Quaterback at Broken Arrow, but the "most handsome and popular" guy at HON just has to fall for her too. She is blessed with all 5 elements, and doesn't seem to harbour any weakneses in using them. She can speak to Nyx, which I find is reasonable. I mean she is the Chosen One, so why not? She is given titles of power she hasn't really earned and is way to immature to have. Come on guys, who says "Poopy' and "Hehes." Her actions and whininess is immature too, no matter how well justified.

Quote :
Five guys fall in love with her.

Let's rephrase that. Five guys become obsessed with her. Erik definitely, Heath...oh God yes, Kalona totally, Stark yep, and Loren wanted both Zoey and Neferet which is what got him killled. It says at the end of Tempted. So I'm guessing Loren got a little crazed to.
In any case, three guys did love her, which still seems a little unrealistic, but hey, she is a High Preistess and extremely gifted, it's gonna happen... unfortunately.

Quote :
It's called a team. Look at Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc. The House of Night universe has suggested on more than one occasion that there could be war in the near future and the outcomes of war are not decided by a single person's actions. By the way, what "special gifts" did Heath have? Erik?

Agreed.

I disagree that she is more powerful than Nefert. Neferet is just plain crazy with her powers now. I never understood her motive though. I know her dad abused her, but is that enough to goad someone into taking over the world?

She is a know it all even though she hasn't read her handbook. But what she says is sometimes very wise even though she is immature. I don't know how to feel about that one :/

Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:44 pm

WazzuMan wrote:
18simona03 wrote:
affinity for five elements, none can read her mind, she can speaks with Nyx
So. She's the main protagonist fighting against the forces of evil, she's required to have aces. If you want to point the finger at overpowered characters then let's talk about Superman. Is it any wonder why Batman has better films?
Or Spiderman. Zoey has weaknesses too. If she didn't have them, she wouldn't have had her soul shattered.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:31 pm

ummm....this is off topic but no one's asked this yet and I've been wondering......did Neferet "do it" with the white bull?

I'm sorry for asking because it's sooo gross, but I just don't know! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:04 am

it is grose, i agree.
but i dont think she did...she was only naked.

back to topic
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:44 pm

oh goodness, thank God! I was so uncomfortable when reading her last chapter haha
Okay, yeah, back to topic! hahaha
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:51 am

Please, that is a mental picture we could a life time without creating.

Zoey, Queen, maybe. She certainly doesn't lack compassion and respect, but she is still a long way off before she can assume any kind of major leadership in any community. As a teenager she is still easily distracted, her priorities become shaky, and she is still relies on adults a lot for help. The latter is nothing of real consequence given her age, but learning to make decisions on your own and trusting your own judgement is obviously a defining trait in a true leader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next