House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?

Go down 
+10
Moonerz.
Livi
18simona03
StarlightAido
Erinacchi
WazzuMan
heatherox03
ZoeRedbird
JCP1987
iLOVErephaim!
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iLOVErephaim!
Going to the House of Night

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:32 pm

But she doesn't even learn from her mistakes, at leat I don't find.
She makes mistakes, realizes what she's done wrong and regrets it, then does it all over again. Like I said, one step forward, two steps back.
She's already claimed to be a Queen in front of the entire House of Night at the end of Awakened, but she hasn't even done anything to prove that she is worthy of the title. And what on Earth was with that necklace thing that showed her all the feys? Did that mean that only a Queen could see them or something? If so, then that's the only thing that determined that Zoey could actually be a Queen. Stark said in Burned when he was on that bridge to get to Sigach's Island that Zoey was becoming a Queen of the elements. How??? Her bond with the elements has stayed the same throughout the series. I just don't get how all of a sudden Zoey can just become a Queen.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:27 am

She isn't a queen. When she left she was being a smartass, reminding Neferet how Sgiach's order became independent from the Council. Basically she was just saying the Council won't pursue the matter if Zoey's group chose to live independently. Kind of saying they fall out of jurisdiction, so don't take her too seriously. She is becoming a leader but its not a process that happens overnight. I doubt anybody besides the gullable Stark will call her a queen for a long time to come.

As for your first point, making her mistake multiple times. I've seen a lot of people say that in the past year, including myself, but when I think about it, is it really so? In terms of Heath's knife trick the phrase "Fool me once..." certainly comes to mind and honestly that phrase wouldn't exist if nobody ever repeated themselves. But aside from that what is really repetitive about her other "affairs". Each of these guys was obviously different, their approaches were different, and therefore Zoey's feelings towards each of them were/are different. What mistake was she actually repeating?
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:20 am

ahhhhh, I see. I was thinking too literally. And haha "The gullable Satrk."

Yes, everyone makes mistakes, it's a part of growing up, but we're supposed to learn from them.
I'm not just talking about her endless boy problems, though it is not that hard to keep away from other boys, minus Kalona because of the A-ya thing. It really isn't, and Zoey only stayed with Erik because she thought he was "super hot", she strung Heath along because he was familiar to her, even though she kept telling him it was over. (Granted, Heath was annoyingly clingy and wouldn't let go of her. She still could've handled things differently.), Loren because he was "a man"....geesh. Stark is her soul mate I guess, so that can't be helped, but she still put him through Hell with all the other guys. Kalona is completley understandable. If she starts making stary eyes at Auroux, it will show she hasn't learned.

Anyway, I meant about how she always whines and complains about her powers instead of trying to be more useful. How she puts boy drama on top of her other responsibilities, how she doesn't even try to study her friggin handbook even though she's a High Prietess in training. There's just so many things she is so immature about. As for mistakes, she's made plenty, but off the top of my head, I can't really phrase them. Yeah, she might be a great leader some day, but I just can't handle her now.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 12:03 pm

That's the problem a lot of people are having. She is obiously not ready for ready for the responsibility but Neferet and Kalona aren't going to wait around for her to grow at her own pace. People are expecting her to be responsible and level-headed but she can't clean up her act in a few weeks. It's unnatural for a seventeen year old to be given such huge responsibilities and expect them to cope well. Zoey needs to obviously but she's young, she's naive and foolish, she's not going to get it right so quickly.

I'm going to wait, see what happens next. She's lost a lot, been beaten and broken, so perhaps it will be her time soon.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:20 pm

Well, at the end of Awakened she was showing a more mature side. I have hope for her, but it's slim. Damion was able to grow in just one book, and Zoey couldn't in 8. That's saying something. When Damion lost Jack, he was crushed at first, but didn't run away from Darkness. He was strong. Zoey ran even though she is a high preistess, and that's the difference.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 am

I doubt Damien's troubles are over. He'll bare the emotional scars for life, not to mention the frustration that Jack's death can never be proven more than an unfortunate accident. Sometimes he's rational but his emotions have clouded his mind from seeing things clearly before.

Anyway, Damien doesn't deal with the pressures of being a leader, he doesn't have some all-powerful being invading his dreams, and last I checked he never lost faith in himself. So comparing Zoey to him isn't exactly a fair measurement.

Last I checked the only time Zoey ran was when Kalona first burst out of the ground, and Damien was right beside her. If you were referring to her little sabatical on the Isle of Women, that wasn't running, more like gathering strength. Everyone including Zoey knew she would have to face the big bad world, and confront Neferet and Kalona, again. Every once in a while we all need a break or the stress and fatigue get to us.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:58 am

Quote :
I doubt Damien's troubles are over. He'll bare the emotional scars for life, not to mention the frustration that Jack's death can never be proven more than an unfortunate accident.

Oh definitely agreed. I'm just saying that he handeled things a lot better than Zoey did, and Jack's death was very recent at that time, Heath's death being weeks ago, and yes, I know that is still recent but not as recent as Jack's was with Damien. He is not an authority figure, or a leader, but he handled it better than Zoey who is a High Preistess. There most definitely is pressure in being a leader, but the thing is she IS a leader and needs to start acting like one. She's got compassion and courage down flawlessly, but when it comes to sense and priorities, she's seriously lacking. If you are a leader, then you will have to deal with a lot of pressure. I'm just saying that Damien, who isn't a leader but is living with the same problems and fears Zoey is, handled things gracefully, even in his pain. No he doesn't have some immortal coming into his dreams, that is true. But we don't really ever know if Damien has ever lost faith in himself because we have not been gifted with one of his points of view. I'm sure he lost some faith in himself when Jack died, that much is evident. He didn't think he could handle fighting Neferet and Darkness anymore. That sounds like a loss of faith to me.

Zoey wanted to stay on the Island. She was running away and it took the death of a friend to make her realize she needed to leave the Isle and come back to fight. It wasn't going to be just a break. No there was no way that Zoey could have stopped Jack's death, but that is not the point I am making.
Back to top Go down
Livi
Livi

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Olivia Rose
Affinities : Close to cats and air, poems.

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 pm

I would much rather she was high priestess of all vamps.. As she doesn't have much to do with Sigiach etccc..
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:37 pm

same here
Back to top Go down
Moonerz.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonerz.

Female Taurus Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Marissa Winters (Mar)
Affinities : Witchcraft and Shadow Casting

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:52 am

Definitely. She doesn't seem like a "queen" at all. I mean, she has good leadership skills so she'd make a good high priestess of all vamps.
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 11:45 am

she's just so immature and self absorbed all the time. Not saying she doesn't love her friends, but she's so self orientated that she neglects important situations, it's irritating.
Back to top Go down
Vimpirelover2010
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
Vimpirelover2010

Female Virgo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Curtisa Beamon
Affinities : Sprite and Fire

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:39 am

i think it would be super cool if zoey becomes queen bt den again it wouldn't be for her sake
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 am

It's funny because I reckon if we just said she'd be High Priestess of the Island, some of you guys might be all for it. But you'd rather give her a much larger role in the grand scheme of things than call her a queen. I've made this point before but it is a bleeding title. It's not what you call someone, it's what they do that matters. Give her control of an island (where she can do the least damage in such a position of power) or give her authority over all vampyres (where she could do a tonne of damage, politically, possibly destabalising the entire vampyre community)??? Hmm...
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 pm

but if Zoey did indeed become Queen of the island I'm sure she'd find some way to make amends with the Vampyre High Council and rule from her place on the Isle of Skye, therefore having absolute power.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 am

^ Which is assuming she would want to branch out. But by which time probably century or two have passed and she may have grown to be a vampyre worthy of such a position. Nobody is asking that a homonal teenager be put in Shekinah's place. Not that it matters, everyone in this thread seems to assume Zoey will always be the same. The books have only coverd... what... four or five months of her life?
Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:35 pm

but the council and the professers at the House of Night seem to think she is old enough to be worshipped as a High Preistess even though she is still technically a fledgling, so it would not surprise me if they did offer such a position of power. She is Nyx's Chosen One afterall, and that seems to make everyone forget that she is still self-orientated teenager. I see no reason why Zoey would not want to patch up the relationship with the Isle of Skye and the Council, she already told Sigach she wanted to. And throughout the whole of the five or four months I haven't seen much growth in Zoey. There is undeniably some areas where she has become more learned, but overall not much, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that she probabaly won't change that much in the future. I'm sorry, but I pretty much gave up on her two books back.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:06 am

Zoey was named High Priestess of Tulsa because it was either her or a crazy woman that covets Darkness. That Council respects this decision made by the House of Night, and they advised Neferet to do the same when she objected.

And when I said Zoey may not want to branch out, I meant accept more responsibility beyond whatever role she would have as High Priestess of the Isle of Skye's House of Night (which is more or less what it is). I have no doubts she'd want to rebuild bridges and accept more warrior initiates but beyond that, I wouldn't make any assumptions.

Back to top Go down
iLOVErephaim!

Female Scorpio Rooster

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:38 am

But there are only a select few that truly beleive Neferet is a crazy woman that covets Darkness. They made zoey High Preistess in the first place because it was obvious she was special to Nyx. They'd definitley elect her High Priestess of all Vampyres for that reason alone, despite her age and inexperience and down right denseness. Zoey would accept the offer surely because of her bond and loyalty to Nyx (One of the things I love about her btw.)

It's not that I don't like the Character or that she lacks potential to actually grow into something better. But I wish her personality would grow a little more, not only her powers.
She's changed some, I've noticed a little more maturity in Awakened, so we'll see and maybe she will become someone responsible enough and well rounded enough to have the title of Queen or even Vampyre High Priestess....I just don't really see her as either right now.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:30 am

We still got at least four books to go, but do wish Zoey would get to the point where she won't tolerate the bull she is getting from Neferet and Kalona. Stevie Rae already passed that point when she decided to retake the depot tunnels by force but I like Zoey to for once cross that invisible line.
Back to top Go down
Leah Redbird
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Leah Redbird

Female Pisces Dog

Character sheet
Name: Leah Redbird
Affinities : Affinty for all the elements plus visions, aim, physic and high priestess in training

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:49 pm

I would have to say Yay because Nyx said Zoey was older than her years. XD
Back to top Go down
djstoute897
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
djstoute897

Male Aries Rat

Character sheet
Name: derrick
Affinities : writti g poetry, earth and fire

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:22 pm

i really think that she can be queen and you know she most likely will be just saying
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:57 am

I agree. In many ways, she has proven herself to be a competent leader, just lacking the emotional maturity for a greater leadership role in her society. But she is a teenager, so that shouldn't be too much of a surprise. I think she is still very mature for her age, after all it's not like adults never make mistakes, my problem is that she is too dependent on her grandmother and Stark. Should they be threatened, again, I have doubts about Zoey making the right choice. After all, undead Stark wouldn't have helped raise Kalona from the ground if Zoey had got to him first instead of spending all day at the hospital ironically breaking her promise to the injured party.

She needs to start making the hard choices, otherwise none of the others here will be convinced. Or maybe they really do have a problem with the word "queen". Titles...

Last edited by WazzuMan on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erinacchi
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Erinacchi

Female Cancer Dog

Character sheet
Name: Erina
Affinities : Air, water, writing

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:06 am

Jeesh, WazzuMan, how do you always sum up my thoughts? ^.^

I kinda think they have a problem with the word "queen". There really is a need to explain what it actually means.
Back to top Go down
http://filin-prinsessa.tumblr.com/
watervampire_nyx
watervampire_nyx

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: kuoyoki yuki icesabella iceleia darkstar nightshade shadowheart
Affinities : water,ice,visios,darkness,fire,electricity

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 pm

i think zoey would be awesome as queen of all vampires.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?    Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoey as a Queen. Yuck or cool?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2