House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Arwen
Affinities : Water and Air

I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Back of the book:
"I will not say the fate of the world lies in your hands, for I would be lieing. I will not say, even, the future lies in your hands, for that is also a lie. I can't even say I promise you'll live to see the morning, for that my friend is the biggest lie of all. All I can say is that you have the past, to change the future. Every move you make will cause a change in the present to occur. But be very careful, some of these people are your ancestors. By tommarrow you could no longer exist, you may not even be a student here anymore. All I know is what happens, is up to you. I picked you people because you are survivors. You know that there is misery in this world, and you know how to beat it. That is why I choose you for this task, for this is the time were you will make the hardest choices of your life,"

Prlouge
Somebody once says everything happens for a reason, ha.
Claudia

Somebody great once said 'Everything happens for a reason,' Then please, enlighten me, why do I now have two boyfriends, might not live to see tommarrow, and I'm having to make the toughest choices of my life with no one to help me. Please explain this reasoning. I mean sure I know a few people that hate me, but do I really deserve this? First you tell me my twin died, and now he's alive? I really don't get it. Someone must really have something against me.

I walk around the streets of Medival Europe, wondering if I'll ever see my family again. I wonder if that one good-bye to Bobby right before I got sent of to Galeview is going to be my last memory of him.

I'm Claudia, and this is my story

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Chapter One
The School
Claudia
I ran away hands over my head as far as I could from the dumpster I just thrown the letter in. No, I am not one of those physco’s afraid of inanimate objects. Though I guess if I was no one would notice or care. The reason I am running away from this dumpster and the letter I just threw in it, is because it is about to explode. Yeah ready? Three…two…BOOM! Crap, I think I just lost hearing in my right ear. No it’s ringing and I still hear a few things, cars going by, teacher’s yelling at students.

Anyways, that letter was from this exclusive hard to get into private school. Apparently they think it’s funny to give kids exploding acceptance letters. Let me back up a bit though. My name is Claudia Florence NightGale I am seventeen years old. I am probably middle classish well my family is. One thing is for certain I HATE PRIVATE SCHOOL’S, snotty rich kids and a whole lot of other stuff. Ever since my twin ‘disappeared’ at this particular private school I’ve hated them in general.

So here I am a typical October Wednesday when the teacher calls me and this red-head girl who I can’t place a name to, to the front of the class room. Thinking it’s a normal ‘Hey your flunking’ thing I go up there. She hands me and the girl an envelope and doesn’t say a word she just points to the door. I was about ready to say something like ‘Hey a little louder I can’t hear you’ but just then a tall gorgeous guy walks into the class room and warmly smiles to me and the girl. I felt like fainting as the class gasped and whispered about his hotness. I stepped over to him when he made a slight beckoning motion with his hand. He opened the door for me and the other girl and we walked into the hallway “What the heck is this-,” but he cut me off. He pointed to the envelopes and made an opening motion. Was everyone in the building but me mute? I opened up the letter and scanned the page.

Dear Claudia,
You have been accepted to Galeview Private School for those gifted among us. Please attend the meeting at our lovely school tomorrow at three forty five sharp. We would love you company as we explain about our school. There will be a one hour tour followed by refreshments and the closing of our meeting. Please consider joining us at Galeview. Your talents would be most appreciated.

Everyone will meet in the auditorium at three thirty with the meeting followed at three forty five.

Schedule of Events:
3:30: Gathering in the auditorium.
3:45: Greeting and Introductions.
4:15: Meeting begins.
5:00: First tour begins
8:00: Last tour ends.
8:10: Refreshments.
8:45: Meeting closes.

Please be sure and attend. We will love seeing you at Galeview.

Sincerely,
Jacob Gale

PS: You have one minute before this letter self destructs.

And that my friend is were the running away from the dumpster came in. The red headed girl was either blown to bits or had the sense to drop the letter on the guys head and then run. Whatever twisted humor that was supposed to be I didn’t like it. I pulled my backpack on and began to run. I ran five blocks swung a right ran another four blocks hung a left and ran two more blocks to my home.

I hung my backpack on the chair that served as our coat holder thingy. We had so many coats if we used one it would tip so we just used a chair. I had finished all my homework, so I went upstairs. I curled up on my bed my knees under my chin weeping silently. I knew what this meant. I knew that my mother would be so pleased that I was accepted into private school. Simply overlooking the fact that every kid that ever went there parent’s had a letter saying there child disappeared from the school. Oh yes my life is just lovely. Under normal circumstances I would have forgotten that the letter ever came my way and just forget about everything. Normal circumstances, ha.

The last time a kid blew off a letter from Galeview she was never heard from again. Galeview claimed they had no idea what happened to the girl. Whatever I’m not planning on seeing what really happens to kids who blow off the letter so I know tonight at six o’clock I will have to tell my mom over dinner about the letter. Then I’ll have to force a smile on my face and be all excited about this ‘wonderful opportunity for my future’. I get up walk over to my closet and open the tuber ware container bin thingy on the bottom of the floor. I pull out a black t-shirt a pair of dark wash jeans a black hoodie and my old high-tops. I quickly change clothes run to the bathroom put on you guessed it black make-up.

As I look in the mirror I silently trace my face. I trace the scar that starts from the corner of my right eye down my face diagonally. It continues down my shoulder, down my arm all the way to my wrist. I have a few other scratches and scars but nothing like this. Lucky. That’s the word the doctors used to describe me ‘Oh she’s so lucky’ ‘She could have completely lost sight in her right eye’. Right that’s me Claudia. Lucky.

There was no way around it. I told my mom and she was so excited. She was making appointments to get my hair done and stuff later today. Oh joy. With my last hours of freedom I run down the street crying. My tears mix with the rain and my make-up smears. But I no longer care.

I get to the point were I no longer can see. The water on my face is so bad I can barely make out shapes. I sit down in the wet grass letting the rain hammer down on me. I wish I could sit here forever. Just fade away. Holy crap! “Oh it’s you,” I say turning back around from the kid that nearly made me pee myself.

He laughs a little sitting next to me “Is that how you treat all of you friends?”

It’s my turn to laugh “Friend?” I nearly spit the word at him “Friends don’t stalk you for three months,” I say.

He sighs “That rumor is still going around?” he asks.

“That rumor,” I say “About the person, who looks a lot like you that has been seen sneaking around my house, is still going around,”

He laughs again “I was sneaking around your house because I had snuck out and that was the first place I thought of,”

I sighed I really didn’t care “So why exactly are you out here in the middle of a blinding rain?” I ask.

“Don’t know,” he shrugs “I guess to figure out what you’re doing in the blinding rain,”

I can’t help but laugh “I guess to get away from Galeview as long as possible,”

We talked for a while but then he was called home. I spent the night out there. When I came home my mother was a wreck trying fixing me so I looked like Galeview material. But I wasn’t so it was all just a failed attempt. My long messy black hair would not straighten, would not curl nicely, and would not do anything but be all messy. My mother could not wrestle me into a dress with out me fighting back. So in the end I went in my normal black attire. For her sake I wore no black make up. I put on some silver earrings and a little microscopic bit of lip gloss. Again only for her sake.

My mom made us leave unusually early. We left at 2:00 and got there at 2:30 we still had an hour to kill. She kept trying to put more lip gloss on me but I would turn my face so it smeared on my face. She was upset about doing that so she finally gave up on trying putting make-up on me. I sighed and slumped into the seat waiting for the doors to open.

The doors finally opened. I walked in holding my breath and when I turned the first corner. What I saw amazed me.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

CHAPTER TWO
CLAUDIA
Zeke
There was a hard punch to my stomach and I turned to my right “What the heck Josh?”

He pointed to the girl I had been staring at “That’s-,”

I laughed “That’s Claudia?” I asked if I hadn’t known any better she would have been one of the students here. I handed her a pamphlet. I kept looking at her the more I thought about it the more she did seem to look like Josh.

He nodded “Yeah it’s her I’m sure of it,”

The rest of the kids filled into the auditorium and we went in last taking seats in the back. We were on watch tonight although Kate and Josh usually had watch together and I was alone. But after trading times around it just so happened we were on guard duty together.
I turn away “Why does the moon have to be so-” my words are cut off as a small amount of moon light hits my arm. I look up to Josh what are all these other people here for? I don’t care I yip at Josh and get him to look at me. When he sees me his eyes bug out and he picks me up. Not that this task is easy. I’m easily 145 pounds and he’s muscular but he’s not that strong. He ends up putting me down after three or four yards. I look up at him trying to figure out what’s wrong.

“Go to the showers,” he commands. I run there with out hesitation. As soon as I reach my goal I am Zeke again. Okay so you’re probably wondering what just happened to me. I am a werewolf. Well sort of. Basically I change if the moon light hits me so yeah, and I change back when there is not moon light on me. But when I do change we have to form our relationship all over again because I pretty much forget you. But don’t take it personally some werewolves totally forget there true love. Yeah its weird I know, but I’m not the one who said ‘Oh lets confuse everyone and make the whole werewolf thing stupid and confusing’ nope not me. If I made these rules it would be all simple you change on the full moon. Moon goes down viola your human again.
But no. And I didn’t even sign up for this job. I wish I could’ve been something cool like a shape-shifter or a vampire. But nooo let’s make Zeke a were-wolf that’ll show him. Anyways as I stand thankfully in a shower stall I wait I know it’s only a matter of time before Josh will show up with some clothes or at least a towel. Yeah that’s another annoying thing apparently they think it’s funny to make your clothes get ripped to shreds when you change. About a month ago I was down to my last few articles of clothing and had to go buy some more. Oh well this was the first in a few months, usually I stay in a room with all the curtains drawn and the doors closed and stuff so I can get hit by moonlight. But today was an accident.
I listen for a while and Josh finally comes in with some clothes. His own, it just had to be his own clothes. See sharing clothes doesn’t bother me one bit. But, the fact that Josh is at least two sizes bigger than me in every type of clothing is a bit of a problem. I pulled on the pants first trying to make them smaller but it just didn’t work I quickly pulled on the shirt, and had to hold the pants up. When I walk out he laughs and I growl. He quickly covers the laughter with some coughs.
“You convenitly forgot to bring a belt didn’t you?” I ask
“No I forgot you’re a toothpick,” he corrects.
I growl again but head for the door; there’s absolutely no point in fighting him when my pants are about to fall down.
I walked all the way to the dorm got on a better fitting pair of pants and walked out ready to take down Josh when the alert went off.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

CHAPTER THREE
THE FOG
Claudia

I walk out into the parking lot. When did it become so foggy? Oh well, “Mom?” I call. I try to see through the dense fog, but it was a failed attempt. Where is she, she was right next to me ten seconds ago. “Mom?” I try again. I hear something that sounds like quiet laughter, but it has to be the trees. We had left very late because my mom wanted to talk to each teacher individually. It is cold too. I make my way to what I think is the parking lot. It turns out it leads me into a huge field. I sit down. That’s what lost people were supposed to do right? Stay where they are. The fog starts to smell funny so I hold my breath. I had been on the swim team so I could easily go a minute or so.
Without really noticing it I am surrounded on all sides. I look around and try to ignore the black figures around me. Well the majority of them wore black robes one wore a bright red set. I just pretend they weren’t there. Maybe this is all a dream. And then I hear it. A very distinct voice that he was careful to cover the first time I met him. It had to be him who else could it be? The voice of the man who told me to open the letter spoke “Why don’t you breathe Claudia?” His voice wasn’t gentle as I imagined it. It wasn’t cold either. It was a mixture of a warm comfort and a cold and stern command.

I struggle for words “I…don’t…know,” I said not daring to breathe. If the creep that gives you exploding letter asks you to breathe…you don’t.
“Come on Claudia,” his voice was gentler now “This is all just a dream, you don’t want to die in your sleep do you?” he asks “Just breathe,”
I did as he commanded taking small breaths at firsts which quickly became gulps as I wanted more of the mysterious fog. As I gulp more and more my eyes are blinded, and I don’t think it should be quite this quiet. Where did the smell of the fog go? Oh well, I gulp down more unable to get enough. I feel hands around me when I start to get dizzy. They pick me up and carry me for what seems to be like forever. When will they stop. I am so dazed we could have only been walking for ten seconds and I wouldn’t ha-

I remain unconscious for the next several hours.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:00 pm

CHAPTER FIVE
Death in the face
Claudia
My eyes flutter slightly but I keep them closed. I can hear voices around me but can’t make out their owners. I open up my eyes on my right I see my mom. Straight ahead I see…Bobby! I jerk upright and he grins. I pat the part of the hospital bed next to me and he sits there. I climb into his arms and he kisses my head “I missed you,” I murmured not yet awake.
“They found some really freaky sh- crap in your blood,” he said trying to be polite in front of my mom. I smiled and leaned into him. He was the best and only boyfriend I ever had. Our life was practically Taylor Swift’s song Mary’s Song. When we were little I was in ballet (you think I would lie about such a thing? I seriously don’t believe it myself) and every day when I would come home he would stop me and say ‘One day your pretty little dress will get ruined’ and I always ran away and he never came after me. He was actually the one who had dared me to kiss him. And of course I ran away. I had been in his truck up until two a.m. Our first fight was slamming doors instead of kissing good night. But he stayed out there and when I saw him out there I laid out there with him. NO WE ARE NOT MARRIED! He hasn’t even proposed and I don’t think he will until we’ve both graduated college. But still you get the idea.
“They did,” I say looking up at him.
He nods “Yes they did. But don’t let me hog all of the attention say hi to the rest,”
“Hi mom,” I mumble.
“And,” he coaxes.
I peer around his shoulder and meet Spence’s gaze. She was there last night. She was one of the hooded figures. But how? I pretend not to notice “Hey Spence,”
“And,” he coaxes again.
“Who else,” before I even got the words out of my mouth I heard a high pitch squeal which can only belong to “Megan (although she insists everyone pronounce it May-gin) hi,” I mumble.
She perches on the edge of the bed next to Bobby “This. Is. The. Biggest. Scandal. In. History,” She makes each word a separate sentence “You could’ve gotten killed by the wolf,” she says her eyes popping out of theirs sockets.
“Wolf?”
“Don’t you remember,” she hits her forehead with her hand “Silly me the tramaticness of it must have made you forget,” Tramaticness? Is that even a word? “A huge wolf drug you to the door step and then ran off,” she says staring into the distance like she can see the wolf.
I pretend to nod but really I’m just burying my head further into Bobby’s shoulder. Bobby rhythmically pats my back as May-gin rambles on. Then she says something that catches my attention “Oh you and Bobby must be so happy your finally reunited,” she sighs. I look up at Bobby smiling. I stretch my neck up and kiss him. He wraps his fingers through my hair putting us closer together. Then my mom clears her throat. He lets go of my head grinning.
“Can we have a moment?” he asks his eyes still on me.
My mother nods “Just call the nurse when your ready,” my eyes lock on the red button back in the back of the room. Got it I say mentally.
“Be seeing you,” Bobby says. The moment they’re out the door Bobby begins to kiss me again. But I stop him.
“I think Spence was there last night,” I whisper.
“What?” he asks.
I press a finger to his lips “I said Spencer was there last night when I was attacked,”
“What happened?”
I tell him everything I remember which is right up until I started gulping down that funny scented air. He nods but never interrupts when I’m finished he says “Are you sure?” and I nod “That fog must be that crap in your blood,” When he mentions that I look around I’m hooked up to some sort of IV and there’s a little heart meter, measuring thingy.
“They thought I was going to die,” I whisper feeling the color leave my face.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

((Thank you! Whoops! Spence's name was changed I forgot to change it, it's Riley now))

CHAPTER SIX
Don’t press the red button!
Claudia
Everything plays out before my eyes the same way it did so many years ago. The pain, the color, the sounds everything so real I was almost sure it was. The only thing keeping me in reality that it was not was the fact that I am not seven. “Thou shall not steal,” she murmurs holding up her next bit of ‘evidence’ an empty fruit snacks package. I feel the knife come down on my face again. With terror in my eyes I sneak a glance at Josh. He lies unconscious in a small amount of his own blood. I know she if almost finished when she says “One last thing your twins right,” she holds my brother’s face up by his hair examining the damage. Her eyes lock on what she wants to trace onto my flesh. She takes her knife tracing it diagonally down my face over my shoulder down my arm. She pauses and the knife hits the ground. When I look up Josh is standing there over our aunt. His eyes are wide with terror and I find my way down from his face to our aunt, now unconscious.
He does not wait. He picks me up and carries me to the phone dialing 911. He repeats the address we are at several times and finally says “Two ambulances one police car,”
In a few moments four people in white and blue suits come in they cannot separate Josh and I for he has an iron grip on me. They put our aunt (thank God) in one ambulance and us in another. I’m still on top of Josh as he strokes my hair murmuring a lullaby. A police officer and to doctors come in. The police officers tell us to recount everything that happened to us. I begin: We were on our way home from school and we were going to see if Maci and Fred wanted to come along. When we got into their house we saw our aunt abusing them in the same manner she had us. We saw a few empty prescription bottles on the floor next to her. One I had recognized that wasn’t supposed to run out till a month from then. We tried to escape the house and call 911 but our aunt heard us. She picked up Fred and Maci and carried them to the basement which we our not sure what happened to them. At that moment one of the officers disappeared out of the ambulance. I continued: Our aunt pushed us on the ground and started with Josh. She had recounted everything bad he had ever done and cut his face once for every thing he had done. When she was finished she made the cut from his eye to his wrist. She had ripped open his shirt so she could cut his shoulder to. The doctor then got up and from behind us began examining Josh’s face I heard him wince occasionally but that only made me grip his hand tighter. I went on: He had pretended to pass out when she had done it leaving her to start on me. She repeated it by pointing out all the bad things I had done. I said how she had claimed we were twins and then cut me. And then Josh picked me up and called 911.
When I finished telling my story the police officer came back in with Fred and Maci. I hugged sweet little Maci and pulled Fred into a tight hug. He laughed and patted my back. “It’s okay I’m going to see you in a few minutes, I promise,” he said. I cried when they took him away.
The doctor waited until I was done crying to begin looking at my face. I kept squeezing Josh’s hand when it hurt, which was often. Finally the doctor let go of my face. I didn’t open my eyes but I felt Josh pick me up. They kept insisting we should go in on stretchers. Josh had said “Fine by me,” and perched him and me on top of it. They sighed but realized it was a failed effort trying to persuade us other wise. We got into a room and they begged Josh to let me go for a few minutes just to let them do something very quick. The only way he said he would was if he got to come. After fifteen minutes of arguing he won. He held my hand as we walked through hallway after hallway of blindly bright lights.
They finally had gotten me into a operating room. I heard a muffled voice from beside me “Is that you Clad?” I reached my hand out and felt Fred’s.
“Yes it’s me,” I whisper as they stitch on my face. Well stitch isn’t the best word choice, because they gave me so much pain killer I’m not sure what they’re doing. “Lucky,” I hear them murmur around me.
Fred squeezes my hand and Josh holds my other. “It’ll be okay Clad,” he says. I draw a shaky breath and hope he is right.

My dream fast forwards to when they’re done with surgery and Josh has carried me back to our room. I don’t dare touch my face for fear of what is or isn’t there. “It’s over,” he whispers over and over again.
I jerk awake. Bobby is saying it’s over “What’s over?” I mumble curling up in his arms.
“Nothing. What are you talking about?” he asks peeking down at my face.
“Nothing. Never mind,” I say “One sec I’ll just call the nurse to tell her to let the people back in,” I say stretching.
“Hunny you’ve been out for almost a day,” he says “I was sitting here ‘cause you wouldn’t let go of me,”
I look at him confused “Oh well I’m calling her anyways I’m hungry,” I reach behind him and press the red button. As soon as I make contact a waling siren comes on. I scream.
Bobby rubs my back “Just wait,” he says.
5…4…3…2…1 he’s right they turn off. But they are replaced by the sounds of fire trucks and police cars. “Aww… crap,” I say.
A nurse bursts in from the door “Why did you hit that?” she says demanding “To get a few laughs?”
“No I thought it was the call the nurse button,” I grumble.
She sighs “Sorry most teenagers do it for no good reason,” she walks out of the room and I hear her apologizing for the false alarm.
She comes back in “So what did you want?”
“Some breakfast,” I grin.

Comments .com link

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)   I Can't Promise (title will most likely change) Empty

Back to top Go down

I Can't Promise (title will most likely change)
Page 1 of 1