House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jump... (might change the title)

Go down 

How do you like the story thus far?
No, just....no
Jump... (might change the title) Vote_lcap0%Jump... (might change the title) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hate it
Jump... (might change the title) Vote_lcap0%Jump... (might change the title) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Eh, so-so
 0% [ 0 ]
It's okay
 0% [ 0 ]
Hard to say, post more please
 0% [ 0 ]
It's good
 0% [ 0 ]
It's great
 0% [ 0 ]
It's awesome
Jump... (might change the title) Vote_lcap100%Jump... (might change the title) Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
OMFG I LOVE IT
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Shikyo
Freaking out
Freaking out
Shikyo

Female Aquarius Rat

Character sheet
Name: Shikyo (Shi)
Affinities : Water

Jump... (might change the title) Empty
PostSubject: Jump... (might change the title)   Jump... (might change the title) EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:35 am

NOTE (Before you read): I'd like you to know I will be posting paragraphs. I'd post more but I use my Wii for Internet and if the Internet screws up, my data is lost Sad So I'll post 3+ paragraphs a day, (Most likely more than three) so please bare with me! Comments ARE appreciated!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: Yowling Noise

God, that noise, that awful yowling noise.
It's the one that I tell myself is just a cat, because they yowl, right? This is the kind of yowl that shakes you to the very bone... no, more like to your very /essence/. It's the one where, if it's nighttime, and you hear it, you'll scare yourself into thinking that it's something far worse than it is in actuality.

I do that a lot, push myself into fear...
My gaze falls to my window, expecting some sort of mutant red-eyed evil cat to pop up on the window screen. Involuntarily, I shiver, and there I am, imagining one thousand different senarios in which I'm killed by this figment of imagination.

Suddenly I'm frightened, though I know it's basically impossible for it to be a man-eating devil cat... right?
I do know where that insistent noise is eminating from though, even if I want to deny it.

My problem is that it's not a cat, I know it's not. Even though I'm frightened at the idea of a mutilated cat that wants to eat me, it's better than what I have to face. I can hope and hope, pray and pray that it really is that evil cat. I can push myself into a false sense of security, like humans so often do, I can do all of these things, but it still doesn't change the fact that my problem is still there, existing.

I switch my attention over to the corner of my room. Here, I see my cat, with his shocking white fur seeming to glow. His bright emerald eyes are half-closed. It's not surprising that he looks irritated, or that he's giving me that 'hurry the f*ck up and do something about this, before I attempt to kill you' look on his face that seems to always be there. Permanent and unchanging.

He's waiting for me to take care of the insistent yowling. He hates it as much as I do, but he's not the one who has to deal with it, I have to, it's one of those stupid cliché 'You were chosen' things. I don't give a damn if I was chosen or not, I should have a choice to opt-out. It's not like they couldn't find some other idiot more fit for the job.

I look at my cat, stare a him, hoping that by some miracle, he's the one yowling. I search him, but he's unmoving, his white fur like a radioactive glostick. And to my disappointment, he's not making a single noise. I guess it was ignorant of me to even hope for something impossible like that.

I groan as another sharp, piercing yowl scrapes at my ears. I see my cat shift positions as he hears it too.

Damn cat.

The point is that it's not my cat or any other cat for that matter

It's the dead guy at the foot of my bed.

The one that has been pestering me for some time now, the source of the god-awful yowling. And he's looking at me like he's about to eat me if I don't give him what I want.

"Ple-ASE," he yowls, begging with an agitated expression pressed on his face. Though it's painful to go through this, I'm not about to give him what he wants.

"No," I refuse, stubborn, "Why can't you dead be considerate?" I add, glacing quickly over to my clock. It's glowing numbers mocking me and underlining the fact that I had been arguing with a dead person for a good half-hour.

*-I am currently watching my anime, I'll be on later to post more!!!-*

To Comment Please Go Here

Last edited by ~Stark~ on Mon May 24, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down

Jump... (might change the title)
Page 1 of 1