House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Falling Into Darkness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AHMoore
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day

Female Posts : 2

Falling Into Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Falling Into Darkness   Falling Into Darkness EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 pm

I looked over at the picture of him on my dresser. The boy of my dreams, who I had loved so passionately. It seemed impossible that I was lying here alone tonight. We were going to go to college, and then get an apartment and move in together. How could I have been so stupid? I should’ve known that someone like me didn’t deserve a happy ending. After all, I was just an outcast. A freak.
“Sam? Are you home?” My mother said coming home from work. I said nothing. I just rolled over on my bed to face the green wall. I didn’t want to deal with her. Her or her new boyfriend. Her boyfriends’ name was Dean, but to me he would always be known as the intruder. He didn’t like me at all. He didn’t like how I dressed in all black, or how I would glare at him when he was over for dinner. I also wouldn’t leave them alone together when he was over. I would be in the same room with them, never taking my eyes off of him. I didn’t like the intruder being near my mother and I wished that my mother would see what a jerk he was and dump him. He thought that my mother gave me too much attention. Ha. My mother barley gave me any attention at all. Once, when my mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner, he whispered to me that as soon as I turned eighteen that he would make my life miserable. Some boyfriend, right? At least my boyfriend, excuse me ex-boyfriend, wasn’t like that. He was pretty close though.
I heard my mother come up the stairs and stop in front of my door. She lightly knocked on my door and waited. “Sam? Are you in there?”
I sighed deeply “Yeah. What do you want?”
She opened the door and walked over to where I was laying on the bed. “Are you okay?” Was she blind? I was crying on my bed for crying out loud. Did I look okay?
“Do I look okay to you?” I snapped. “Can you please just leave me alone? I don’t want to deal with anybody right now.”
My mother just sat on my bed and put her hand on my shoulder. I shook it off. “Did something happen at school?”
“Yeah. But it’s none of your business. Can you go now?” I was becoming angry. All I wanted right now was to be left alone with my thoughts. I wanted to easily remember him one more time, and then forget him just as easily.
“I’m your mother, it is my business.”
I sighed angrily and then said, “Keith dumped me for some other eleventh grader. Okay? Now please just leave me alone!”
“Aw, Hun. Boys are nothing but trouble…” I ignored her. I didn’t wasn’t to hear the “Boys are nothing but trouble” stuff. It was pathetic and she was just trying to act all motherly. I bet she didn’t care about it at all. I mean, she didn’t even like Keith. So, really, did she think I was stupid or something? I knew that she was lying. She must have stopped talking because I heard her get up and leave my room. About time. I rolled back over on my stomach and buried my head in my pillows. I wasn’t as angry as I was, I had to admit. But I was still hurt; I probably would be for a while. I guess I would have to get over it; I had other things to do. Graduate, for one, and get out of this stupid house. I sighed one more time and drifted into a deep sleep. I knew the next month would be hard, but I was prepared to deal with it.

Comments .com link

Comments .niceboard.org link
Back to top Go down

Falling Into Darkness
Page 1 of 1