House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what did you think of the parents visit?

Go down 
+39
watervampire_nyx
nzchick
HONReader_Diva
Erinacchi
JCP1987
ZoeRedbird
WazzuMan
firegoddess
ChrissieXP
Allyson
MissCole5507
milly
Caristiona
Mari-chan
ZoeyAndStarkForever
Wonders
PresY_F_96
EmoAngel
stardrop89
Fallen_warrior
Dandelion
Leah Redbird
SerenityLynn
Nightchild
ShelbyLeeLoveForever
earth-spirit
VampireLady92
vampyricXfaerie
Fire-Fly
ZanaRaeJohnson
Lilith of Night
Rain
Nova
Kedo
Beastbearer
Emma Paige
Naatika
Ayla
~Drewsila~
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
scorpiosting1996
Going about a regular day
scorpiosting1996

Female Scorpio Rat

Character sheet
Name: Shaunna (Scorpio)
Affinities : Water and Spirit

what did you think of the parents visit? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did you think of the parents visit?   what did you think of the parents visit? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Oh my... I completely understand why Zoey dislikes the Step Loser so much! He's just super disrespectful to all the Fledglings and Vampyres at the House of Night, just by discriminating their Goddess and their "way of life".

I mean, he had the nerve to actually turn up to the Parents' Visit full well knowing the kinds of people he would encounter there. It's like he purposely went there to hurt Zoey even more than he already has... 

I actually feel super sorry Zoey because she still has that small hope her mum won't follow the Step Loser out of the House of Night, but unfortunately she does, and I'm assuming this is due to her feeling like it is her duty as his Wife but not because she truely wants to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what did you think of the parents visit?   what did you think of the parents visit? - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:29 am

^ i'd say her mom still was rather brainwashed. maybe a small part of her was on "rebellion" but yea, she did what she thought was "right"
Back to top Go down
LillyMonster

Female Pisces Pig

PostSubject: Re: what did you think of the parents visit?   what did you think of the parents visit? - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 9:56 pm

The overall scene of the parents visit brings up many controversial issues. The most obvious of which is religious intolerance. Like most of the others before me, I disagree with the way Z’s step-father acted. As a Christian I understand his opposition to the House of Night’s religious customs. I do, however, feel like a simple statement of where he stands on the issue would have sufficed. I do not support other religions, but I am respectful of the people who choose to believe them. Verbally attacking another person’s beliefs is not respectful and many Christians would never go that far. The Christian faith is very heavy on forgiveness and accepting others. The step father is a good example of someone who is high up in the church and abusive of that power. As for Zoe’s mother, I have to agree that she seems rather spineless. I know my mom wouldn’t let someone be so rude to me. I do hope that Zoe can forgive her mother later, though. So many women are brainwashed by men from mental and emotional abuse. I think that is what the authors were trying to portray through the overall relationship between the mother and step-father. That he is mentally abusive and the mother doesn’t know how to stand up for herself to him.
On the other end of the spectrum is Stevie Ray’s mother. She seems very open and understanding of her daughter and the changes she’s had to go through after being marked. I can understand how it would be hard to accept that much change so quickly, but her mother demonstrates a strong will to stay connected with her daughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did you think of the parents visit?   what did you think of the parents visit? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

what did you think of the parents visit?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4