House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Story... no name yet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

New Story... no name yet Empty
PostSubject: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 pm

This is one of my sister's stories that she had on the other forum.

This first post is just the information for it.

All Night and Sun people wear their symbols on chains around their neck, unless specified.

Night:
 Can see well in the dark
 Have fangs (like vampires)
 Need to drink blood to survive
 Can change into a pure shadow
 Can go out into the sun, but it hurts their eyes
 Prefer the night
 Full moons = strongest

Sun:
 Gain energy from the sun
 Longest day of the year = strongest
 Can shift into their corresponding animal
 Has a tattoo somewhere on them that shows what animal they turn into
 Gets weaker at night

All Night/Sun people can communicate with each other through their minds. Sun with Sun, Night with Night.

Night Chars

Name: Amy Lee Corvin
Race: Night
Looks:
Hair – Midnight black with five small blood-red streaks that goes down to her middle back
Eyes/ears – emerald green with little slivers of gold / double pierced and has one in her inner right ear (top)
Clothes – gothic attire
Jewelry – Always wears two rings. The Night symbol on her index finger on her right hand and one a cross intertwined with vines and thorns and a single ruby in the middle of the cross.
Personality – considered gothic, loner, protective of friends and family, has ton’s of self-control unless she snaps
Bio – mother was killed when she was six. Her father abandoned her and her brother Aiden a few months later. Amy decided to run away from her brother for various reasons and met the mother of the Night, Selene. Has known what she is since she was seven. Most know nothing about her
Power – Mind
Name: Jaedon (Jae) Seth Heart
Looks:
Hair – chocolate brown, layered with honey colored streaks
Eyes – icy blue
Clothes – always wearing a green jacket and a pair of blue jeans
Jewelry – wears the Night symbol ring on his middle finger of his left hand
Personality – quiet, shy, introverted, doesn’t speak much, extremely smart
Bio – most people know nothing about him since he doesn’t talk. His younger brother (whom he was very close to) died when he was ten. Both of his parents are still alive & his mom knows about the Night world. Dad doesn’t and wouldn’t approve.
Powers – control over air and ice/water

Name: Haven David Johnson
Looks:
Hair – spiky beach-blond with bright orange streaks
Eyes – a mix of orange and yellow
Clothes – anything bright
Jewelry – Night symbol on a chain around his neck
Personality – optimistic, doesn’t let things get him down, mainly happy, always smiling and cracking jokes
Bio – nothing really. His parents know nothing about the Night world
Powers – control over fire and electricity

Name: Serena (Rena) Alice Night
Looks:
Hair – midnight black, down to shoulders and has emerald green streaks in it
Eyes – light gray with slivers of dark green
Clothes – N/A
Personality – cold, sarcastic, caring towards friends, tough
Bio – grew up in a tough neighborhood, getting into fights most of the time. Found out she was Selene’s daughter when she was ten. Been living with Selene for ten years.
Powers – control over stone and plants

Sun Chars

Name: Shane Jake David
Race: Sun
Looks:
Hair – spiky, layered midnight black with silver streaks
Eyes – silver with slivers of black
Clothes – black leather jacket, black boots, random plain shirt and some type of pants
Personality – cold hearted, doesn’t care who he hurts, longer, almost no self-control (has anger issues), protective of Nikki
Bio – parents and siblings killed horribly in front of his eyes by a Night person. Passed out because of blood loss. Woke up cold and angry with two puncture wounds in his neck. Doesn’t know what he is.
Powers – control over fire and electricity
Animal – black wolf

Name: Aiden James Corvin
Looks:
Hair – beach-blond, layered with deep blue streaks
Eyes – ocean blue
Clothes – Aeropostale shirts, blue jeans and tennis shoes
Personality – optimistic, always joking, happy, though is actually depressed
Bio – Amy’s older brother; Went to an orphanage after his sister left him
Powers – control over ice and water
Animal – white tiger

Name: Jessica (Jess) Ashlee Stone
Looks:
Hair – dark brown down to just past her ears
Eyes – dark brown with golden slivers
Clothes – N/A
Personality – quiet, shy, introverted
Bio – N/A
Powers – control over stone and plants
Animal – black panther

Name: Nichole (Nikki)
Looks:
Hair – chalk white with black streaks
Eyes – cloudy/milky white
Clothes – anything gothic
Personality – considered gothic, loner, dreamer, writes her own stories
Bio – an accident happened and she can no longer remember her past. Has always lived with Apollo after she lost her memory. Good friends with Shane, though she doesn’t know he’s like her.
Powers – control over air
Animal – hawk

To Comment Please Go Here
Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:45 pm

Chapter 1 – Nightwalker

The full moon shone bright above my head, giving me energy and making me feel alive. The gleam of Serena’s midnight black hair shone in front of me.

I closed my eyes, letting my mind guide me. I could feel where the buildings where, every crack and every space.

Her grayish blue figure stopped, cocking her head. She seemed to be listening for something, feeling the area around us through the earth.

I expanded my consciousness outward, searching the minds around me. I found one, frantic and lost, completely alone. My eyes opened slowly and I walked up to my companion.

“Found one,” I whispered.

She jerked her head, a quick nod.

I concentrated on separating myself, making myself blend into the shadows. After a few seconds, I was no longer a body, but a shadow.

I floated swiftly along the side of the brick houses, heading towards the person’s mind I had felt. After swirling away from a street light, I saw her.

Her beach-blond hair shone white under the iridescent lights, her fair skin ivory colored. Her baby-blue eyes were wide with fear and abandonment. It seemed as if she’d gotten lost and couldn’t find her way back. She never would.

My companion materialized a few feet away from the girl, making sure she wasn’t seen. Then, she stepped forward and smiled sweetly. The girl stopped, staring at her, frightened.

“Are you lost?” Serena’s sweet voice rang out into the night.

The girl nodded sheepishly, looking down at the ground. She spoke, but I wasn’t paying attention to that.

I materialized a few feet behind the girl. All sounds were amplified around me, her blood circulating and pumping through her heart and bloodstream. The sound brought saliva to the corners of my mouth and I felt a slight prick in my mouth.

I moved my tongue across my teeth. My canines were enlarged and sharpened to a point.

I stalked up behind the girl, who was too busy in Serena’s trance to notice me. When I was a few inches behind her, I reached my arms out and grabbed her roughly by the shoulders.

I pulled her up against me and sunk my teeth into the hallow of her throat.

Her rich, warm, sticky blood ran down my throat. I felt her tense, then fall limp in my arms. I continued to drink hungrily until I could no longer pull anymore out.

I pulled my head back, retracting my teeth from her throat. Then, I gently lowered her to the ground.

Serena walked up to me and kneeled down next to the girl. She put her hand on the girl’s back and the girl slowly decomposed into the earth. When she was done, Serena looked up at me, her gray eyes hard. “You didn’t have to kill her,” she muttered, mostly to herself.

I crossed my arms defensively, sighing. “I was thirsty. And now I won’t have to feed for a few days.”

She looked up at me, eyes still hard. She stood up, shrugging her shoulders. “Whatever. We have to get back to Selene, she wanted to talk to us about something.”

I regarded her curiously, though I knew I had no expression on my face. “And you know what it is don’t you.” It wasn’t really a question; I could read most of her thoughts.

She leaned up against the light pole and folded her arms across her chest. “I can’t keep anything from you can I?”

I shook my head, my eyes smiling. “Of course not. I can read your thoughts Rena.”

I saw her smirk, but she quickly hid it. “I know Amy. Selene told me not to tell. You’ll have to wait until we get back home.”

I glowered at her, not really mad, just a little annoyed. “I want to know now. If it’s about those others, I want to hear it.”

Rena hesitated for a slight second, then cleared her throat. “Selene thinks that Apollo found his fourth. They’re still making sure, but we have to get rid of any possibilities. She wants him dead, don’t leave any trace. Only, we can’t do that. The person they’re eyeing is a friend of one of them…” she trailed off, looking over at me.

I blinked, hiding any emotion that would have otherwise been on my face. It wasn’t good that we couldn’t kill him, it’d me much easier. “So, we can’t kill him… What are we supposed to do?”

Serena shrugged again, looking nonchalant. “That’s what we’re going to discuss. We were hoping you could maybe get him on our side.”

I shrugged and started walking close to the buildings, in the shadows. “I could, shouldn’t be too hard.”

Serena sighed. “You can’t force him to be on our side. You have to gain his trust the other way.”

I sighed, frustrated. I hated getting close to people. It was easier to just make him like me. Then, his powers might stay dormant.

Serena shook her head and stopped walking. “Good idea, Selene’s thought of that. But, we can’t be too sure of that. He could already know about his powers.”

I stopped walking and stood next to her. We were always in each other’s minds. I’d gotten used to her, she was the only person I let near me. I didn’t even share my thoughts with Jae, Haven, or Selene.

“Fine. I’ll work on it.”

I saw a slight smile spread across her face. “Thanks Amy. Selene will tell you more about him.”

I nodded, not really paying attention. I was more concerned with figuring out how to get him on our side. “What’s his name?”

“Shane, Shane David.”

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Chapter 2 – Memories

I sunk deeper into his soft, leather couch, trying to not look out the window. The night made me uncomfortable, though I didn’t mind being alone in a dark house.

My hawk eyes were dilated, bringing in light so I could see. If any of them lurked in the shadows, I’d be able to see them.

The couch shifted as he sat down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt his warmth radiating off of him. He rested his head on my neck.

“Hey Shane,” I smiled down at him, then put my hand on his head, threading my fingers into his hair.

“The night’s not going to get you.” He chuckled, burying his head against my neck.

“Yeah, I guess not…” He had no idea. The Night would get me and it’d kill him if it got the chance.

According to Apollo, Shane could be the next fire and electricity controller. It was crucial that he stay on our side. Otherwise, they would take over and enslave us all. They’d slaughter the humans, ripping out their hearts and drink their blood like wine. Some they’d keep as pets, to feed from as they so chose. To us, they’d kill us off horribly, tearing our flesh with their knife-like teeth. They’d reign over the night, making the sun never shine again, plunging the world into eternal darkness.

He pulled his head up and I pulled my fingers out of his hair, letting him get up if he needed to. But, I realized that he was shifting so I was now in his lap. He put his right arm behind my neck, supporting my head. Then, he moved me onto my back, looking down at me.

“Trust me, it won’t get you. I’ll be here.” He smiled brightly. “Besides, the night is afraid of me.” He winked, trying to get me to calm down.

I relaxed slightly, though I was still tense. I looked up at him, wondering how I met him. I couldn’t remember anything before I was ten, though he’d told me I’ve known him for almost twelve years.

I tried to smile up at him, but it didn’t come out as one. Only the corners of my mouth curled up, my lips stayed in a thin line.

He brushed a piece of hair away from me face and continued to smile at me. “You’ll be fine Nikki.”

I nodded and sat up, getting out of his lap. I stood up, almost hitting my knees on the small, glass coffee table right in front of me. I stepped around it, and in a few steps, I was at the door.

Shane stood up, narrowly dodging his coffee table. He leaped in front of me, going for the door, but also blocking it. He didn’t like me going off on my own. He thought I’d get in an accident again.

I tried to remember what had happened all those years ago, but a wave of nausea hit me. Needles pricked at my skin and made me cry out in pain. My vision went black and it felt like someone was shoving a knife through my skull. My knees buckled and I fell towards the floor.

Shane caught me, his arms feeling like stone. My brain went into overdrive, telling me they were back. I jumped out of his arms, smacking my elbow against the door. I crouched low, watching him; though my vision was blurred and he looked like he was always moving and there was ten of him.

He got lower, looking less threatening than before. I felt my golden hawk eyes come out, making my vision sharper than it had been before. I could see his muscles tense every time before he moved.

He sat down in front of me, staring me down. I couldn’t smell fear, and he seemed confident I wouldn’t attack him. I breathed out slowly, letting go my held in breath.

Even though the room was still spinning, and I could smell blood all around me, I reached out to him. I slowly put my hand in his. He threaded his fingers into mine and gently squeezed my hand. I didn’t have to explain to him what had happened, he knew.

I breathed in deeply, trying to stop the spinning. He gently pulled me to the floor and wrapped his arms around me. “You ok now?”

I wasn’t sure, I could barely comprehend what was around me. I looked down at me hands and saw thousands of holes, covering every inch of me, blood pouring out of them. I shuddered, cuddling closer to him and closing my eyes. I felt his fingers run through my hair, comforting me.

“Are you ok?” He repeated.

I shrugged and my eyes fluttered open, my white eyes studying his tender and caring face. I nuzzled my head against him and sighed. “I think so…”

He continued to stroke my hair absently. “Good, but we should go talk to Aaron.”

I groaned. Aaron was the name of my “dad”, Apollo. He let me stay with him, but I don’t like “Aaron” at all. He’s arrogant and selfish and doesn’t treat either Jess nor me well. Even though I didn’t really remember who he was, I had a bad feeling whenever I was around him.

“I know you don’t like him, but he needs to know they’re getting worse and more frequent. Your father really cares for you Nikki.” He smiled at me, trying to assure me I’d be fine when I went home. In reality, Apollo would yell at me, telling me I shouldn’t spend time with mortals. Then, he’d say he only allowed me to stay with Shane was because Shane was a candidate for being our fourth.

I was too busy thinking that I didn’t notice Shane had stood up, with me still in his arms, and was now walking out the door into the night. I tried to protest, but he put a finger on my lips.

“We’re going to go see him, end of discussion.”

He opened the door, letting the brisk night air hit us. Then, he walked down the steps and followed the sidewalk towards Apollo’s house.

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 pm

part of chapter 3

Chapter 3 – A New Mission

I curled my fingers around the oak-wood knob and slowly opened the French doors, walking into the room. As soon as I entered, I was engulfed in different shades of black and purple.

I walked past the black velvet curtains that were drawn, to the velvet, royal purple colored couch. I sat down, making sure I didn’t crush the thousands of pillows that covered the couch. After sitting there for a few minutes, I heard the clacking of boots across the hardwood floor. I turned and saw Selene.

Her deep purple hair covered her shoulders, going down to her lower back, and her bangs covering her left eye. The eye I could see was a vibrant silver-green. Her neck and shoulders were bare, her ivory skin free of blemishes. She was wearing a silky black dress down to her mid thighs. Her glistening black boots went up to just below her knees, clacked when she walked.

She stopped when she got to where I was and smiled warmly at me, though her lips where pressed in a thin line. “Welcome back Amy.”

“Selene,” I murmured, acknowledging her presence.

“Thank you in advance for accepting this mission.”

I shrugged; showing her it was no big deal. I didn’t want to do this, but I didn’t want them to win; they’d crush us.

“Follow me, you need to know more about him.” She turned and walked off; head held high and boots smacking against the floor.

I stood up, following her down the narrow hallway. We twisted and turned down it, weaving our way through it until we reached a crimson red door. Selene opened the door and led me inside.

Jae and Haven were waiting for me, Jae’s hands buried in his arm green hoodie and Haven pacing around the room.

I looked over at Jae, studying him. He was disappearing into his hoodie and his deep blue eyes were flashing everywhere, looking for anything out of the ordinary or anything that would try and kill any of us.

“Haven and Jaedon have been getting background on Shane. “I’ll leave you three to talk.” She turned and stalked out.

Haven took my hand and dragged me off to a chair. He almost threw me into my chair before leaping back into his chair, grinning at me.

“Okay, what do you want first? His bio or what he looks like?” Haven looked over at me, his eyes glistening.

I shrugged, it didn’t matter to me, but he’d make me choose one. “Looks.”

Haven looked back at Jae, who was still sitting alone, looking like a little kid. Jae pulled out some papers and his hood fell back, revealing his coffee brown, honey colored streaked hair. He stood up and handed Haven the papers. Haven shifted through them, then sat back down.

“He has layered, spiky midnight black hair. His hair is streaked with silver. His eyes are silver with tiny slivers of black. He wears a black leather jacket almost all the time, black combat boots and a pair of blue jeans.”

Haven put that paper down, then looked at me, waiting for me to say something. I nodded, smirking.

“Okay, what about his past? Got anything on that?”

Haven nodded and pulled out another paper. “Apparently his family was killed horribly, and he witnessed it. We think he passed out because of blood-loss. He woke up later and people who know him say he’s cold and angry all the time. The only person he cares about is a girl named Nikki or Nichole…” He trailed off.

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:16 am

^^ thank you very much.

Rest of chapter 3

“And she’s the Sun person,” I finished for him.

He nodded, then looked straight at me. “Exactly. Which means we have to get her away from him so you can get to him.”

I leaned back in my chair, sighing and rubbing my temples. My head was pounding from trying to think about this. I needed to get him to become one of us. That was crucial, or at least that’s what Selene had always said. But, a part of me wasn’t sure we should be fighting each other…

Jae’s small voice interrupted my thoughts. “We’ve already decided that Haven would get her to trust him and get her away long enough, then you can get to him.”

I nodded. “And how do you propose to do that? What if they’re always watching him? They know what we look like, and won’t let us anywhere near him.”

Haven smirked; I could tell he’d already thought about my questions. “You’ll spy on Shane. That way, we can go from there. Sounds good Amy?”

I thought for a moment, then nodded slowly. “Yes it does.” I stood up, looking down at him. “I’ll get started tonight. Any idea where he lives?”

Haven looked over at Jae. Jae nodded and pulled out a sheet of paper. I took it from him, looking over it carefully. It read:

2731 Quail Lane

I smirked, that was only a block away from here. I folded the paper and stuffed it into my jeans pocket. Haven and Jae stood up, following me out of the double doors.

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 am

part of chapter 4

Chapter 4 – A Feeling

Shane set me down, making sure I could stand on my own before knocking on Apollo’s door. I shifted nervously where I was standing, not wanting to tell Apollo about my recent episode.

The door opened slowly and I was relieved when I saw it was Jess. She smiled when she saw me, but then her smile faded. She could feel my feelings through the earth.

I pushed my way through the door, going past Jess and to our gray, leather couch. I slumped into it, burying my face into a pillow. I sat there and listened to them talk.

“Is she okay Shane?”

“She had another one,” Shane murmured after a second of hesitation.

“Was it bad?” Jess asked tentatively.

I didn’t hear his answer, but I figured he was nodding and saying that it had been worse. I’d almost attacked him this time and it was the third time in the past two weeks.

I heard the whoosh of wind coming in the door as it closed. I heard Jess’ soft footsteps come across the carpet and up to the couch. The couch released air as she sat down next to me. She rested her hand on my shoulder and I resisted the urge to shake her off.

“How bad was it?” She whispered.

I turned my head to look at her and sighed. “I almost attacked him Jess…” I trailed off, smashing my head into the pillow and curling up on the couch.

“You didn’t though,” She smiled weakly down at me, her hand still on my shoulder.

“I wanted too…” I closed my eyes, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. I felt horrible; I’d wanted to kill my best friend. I didn’t want to be here, Apollo would chew me out. He’d say I couldn’t talk to Shane anymore.

A few minutes later, I realized that Jess had left the room. She’d probably gone to get Apollo. I shuddered.

Soon after, I heard the soft crunch of carpet being stepped on, and I knew Apollo was in the room. I sat up; feeling like my head was full of water and it would burst any second. I turned around and saw Apollo standing in the doorway.

His fiery, reddish-blond hair was spiked up on top of his head. His golden-red eyes glared at me and I could see the fire in his eyes. He was wearing a regular black T-shirt and a pair of worn-in jeans. Even though he looked like he just got out of bed, he still was intimidating.

He crossed his arms over his chest, staring me down. “So, you had another episode?”

I bit my lip, unsure whether or not to answer. Either way, he’d get mad at me. I nodded.

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:25 am

I fail... I only have two more sentences typed up. But here they are anyway lol

He sighed, sounding frustrated. “Didn’t I tell you to stay away from him?”

“Yes, but you also said I had to watch him. Otherwise, Selene may kill him.”

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 am

the rest of chapter four Smile

“As long as you’re around, he won’t be killed. They aren’t stupid Nichole.”

I sighed, trying not to show my frustration. “I know, but we can’t leave him alone.”

He walked more into the room, sauntering over to me. He stopped on the other side of the couch, resting his elbows on the top of it. “We won’t. But, you can’t keep seeing him. He’s causing that horrible memory to come back. And, if you loose control again, you could kill him.”

“It’s not his fault!” I protested.

He pulled his hand up like he was about to hit me. ”We can’t know that for sure…”

“I set it off this time. I was trying to remember that day…” I trailed off because his eyes were burning into my skull, making me feel rather uncomfortable.

“Nichole,” he snarled, “You know that there is a reason you can’t remember. The Night people don’t want you to remember and I can’t help you remember without seriously injuring you or letting you snap and kill someone.”

What he said made me hesitate, thinking about it. I remember the Night people attacking me. They had been trying to keep me quiet about something… I grimaced, feeling the stabbing sensation in my head.

I felt something hot grab my wrist, burning it. Then, my wrist was being crushed… I screamed, then saw Apollo in front of me again, squeezing my wrist. I gasped, feeling the bones in my wrist shift, as if they were about to break.

He looked down at me, not letting his grip slack any. “Don’t think about it. Just make sure they don’t get to him. Other than that, I don’t want you to stay at his house longer than necessary. “

“But Apollo, what will he say? He’s going to ask why my “father” is forbidding me from seeing him.”

“I don’t care what he’ll say. Make something up,” he snarled, clearly not pleased with me. I could see steam rolling off him and I tried to get out of his grasp again.

His hand was crushing my wrist and my skin was starting to turn red, burning.

“Apollo…” I whined.

He released his grip on my wrist, still glaring at me. “You can only spy on him. You can’t continue seeing him.”

I was rubbing my wrist, making sure it wasn’t broken. I could still feel the intense heat from his hand. When his words finally sank in, I stopped and stared at him, mouth agape.

“Apo-“ I protested, but he cut me off.

“I’m not going to argue with you on this.” He turned and stalked out of the room.

I groaned, plopping back against the pillows. This was bad. I had to be around Shane, otherwise I’d get into my episodes more frequently. He kept me from thinking about it as often as I would otherwise.

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my gut. Something was about to happen and I knew it wouldn’t be good. It could be the end of the world…

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:20 am

the long awaited 5th & 6th chapters Smile

Chapter 5 – Awakening

I walked down the slab of concrete the humans call the sidewalk, heading towards the big brick houses. I read each number carefully, and though it was still dark, I could see each number perfectly, as if it was day.

I muttered each number under my breath, filling the aching silence around me. “2727, 2729, 2731…” I stopped in front of his house, observing it.

It was a normal, redbrick, one story with green shingles. His curtains covered his windows and I couldn’t see any light in his house. He had a stepping-stone walkway leading to his front door.

What puzzled me was the fact that his house seemed empty. He would’ve been out, though his house seemed eerily haunting. Like no one actually lived there at all.

Haven you sure you got the right address? I asked as soon as I found his consciousness. He wasn’t far away, maybe a few houses down, but I didn’t want to speak just in case Shane was waiting for us inside.

Positive, came his response.

Go see if you can find Nikki. Keep her away. I’ll wait here until he gets back.

I heard the soft padding of his feet walking away, getting fainter with each step. I looked up at the house again and decided I should check it out.

I scaled the wall and gabbed the second story window when I reached it. I used my mind to unlock the latch before setting my feet against the side of the house, making sure I had good placement and leverage. A second later, I pushed off with my feet, flipping myself in through the window.

I gained my balance, letting my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room. I glanced around, studying my surroundings and noting the possible exits if I needed to make a quick get-away. I had landed on a nightstand, knocking a lamp over in the process. I got off and walked past the neatly made bed and over to the door, which was slightly ajar.

I peeked around it, looking up and down the hallway. Nothing. Pictures framed the walls, probably of his family, and a table was set up with flowers a few feet from my position. Once I was sure he wasn’t coming, I proceeded out of the room and walked down the hall. I was careful not to make any noise, my conscience studying everything below me and around me.

I stopped, seeing something with my mind. I closed my eyes to get a better picture. Right below me was the living room. Gray blobs appeared, showing the furniture in Shane’s living room. I could vaguely hear the sound of the television on, but I doubted he was watching it. A blue blob was on one of the gray ones. It moved occasionally, as if it could hear me.

I opened my eyes again and headed to the stairs, my boots sinking into the soft carpet, muffling my steps. I paused at the top of the stairs, watching Shane from above. He was leaned against his couch, palms outstretched. His lips were moving, as if he was talking to himself. One of his hands was cupped in front of the other, hindering my sight. My brows scrunched in thought, was he doing what I think he was doing?

He looked up; his silver with small sliver of black eyes catching my emerald gold streaked ones. He stood up, his body completely tense, his expression asking what I was doing here.

I cleared my throat. Time for a little improve. I took a few steps down the stairs, speaking slowly and calmly. “Hello Shane.”

His eyes narrowed slightly, on edge. “What’re you doing here?”

I came to a halt at the bottom of the stairs, a smile plastered on my face. “I’m here to help you. I can see you’ve figured out what you can do.”

He looked at me, slightly surprised, though he quickly hid it. “Of course I have. Are you aware what I can do?”

He was challenging me. I laughed in my head, this would be amusing. I searched his mind, without him being fully aware of it. Perfect. “You’re an elemental. Fire and electricity to be exact.” I made the plastered smile wider as I took a few more steps towards him.

He nodded, smiling slightly. “Very good, you’ve done your research. Now what makes you think you can help me?”

“I can make you stronger.” I replied simply. “Enhance what you’ve created as well as give you new abilities.”

He chuckled, walking towards me until we were only about five feet away from each other. “You can do that?” He paused, making sure I was serious. “Then, I accept.” He held out his hand, his smile genuine.

I took his hand and shook it, smiling for real. This had been too easy. It wasn’t supposed to be this easy.

Chapter 6 – Anger & Fury

Brisk, cool air whipped at my face, sending my hair flying behind me. I let it play with my white hair, loving the feel of the air around me. I wanted to change and take to the skies, but Apollo had always told us to change unless we had too.

I stopped walking, feeling odd. I turned slowly and saw a guy leaning up against a tree. His eyes were fixed on me and that made me feel uncomfortable.

The guy reminded me of Apollo. His orange-yellow hair was being blown back by the wind and his fiery eyes burned a hole into my skull.

Questions flashed across my mind. Who was he? What was he doing here? Why was he staring at me? And why does he look so familiar…?

Visions of things I’d never seen before flashed in front of my eyes. He was there, talking to the other Night people. They were discussing something I couldn’t hear nor understand.

They turned and saw me, their faces contorting in anger. All of them came after me, one disappearing into the earth, one turning into a shadow, one turning into the air around me, and the last one made the air fill with electricity.

I bolted out of the door and tried to escape from the house. I could see the door in front of me as I ran, but it seemed to never get closer. The crackling of lightning got closer and closer, making my nose twitch and my hair stand on end.

I screamed as he grabbed me, shooting electricity through me. My vision turned black, though I could still see outlines of everything in the room, making the darkness glow florescent white.

He released me and I slumped to the floor, my knees giving out under my weight. I lay there for a moment, blinking back spots, when I suddenly got very enraged.

I stood up and saw him doubled over, laughing maniacally. I growled, suddenly feeling like a feral cat. Everything became sharper, until I could see every detail, and I knew my eyes had changed.

He hadn’t noticed I’d stood up yet and I smirked triumphantly. I felt my body shudder and new instincts took over me. I lunged at the guy, heading for his throat.

I snapped back into reality, realizing he was still staring at me. But, he was closer than before and he actually looked concerned about me.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

I felt a low growl escape my throat and my lip was curled in a snarl. “No, you did this to me…”

He stared at me, confusion clear on his face. I probably sounded crazy to him. But, I didn’t care; I kept talking.

“You made me forget everything and now you’ve come back to get rid of him.”

His eyes changed to understanding, like I wasn’t crazy, though I was. He stepped forward and another growl erupted from my throat. He stopped and cleared his throat. “I have no idea what you’re talking about. And you friend should be fine. We aren’t going to hurt him.”

I stared at him, wanting to believe that, but my mind and body wouldn’t let me. It was itching to change, to kill him. I wanted to rip his heart clean out, then watch it still beat in my hands.

The sword shot through my head, making my head throb, trying to help me ignore the pain. I cried out and my hands flashed up to my temples, clutching the sides of my head. My knees fell out from under me, and I fell to the floor.

Fiery hands caught me and thoughts flashed across my mind. He was trying to kill me! Even though my vision had gone black, grayish-blue shapes darted all around me.

I jumped out of his hands, crouching low in front of him. I growled threateningly, trying to frighten him or make him leave. It was taking all of my concentration not to attack him.

The thumping in my head increased, making it hard to hear my own thoughts, much less concentrate. His lips moved and my eyes darted to his face. He was trying to tell me something, but I couldn’t hear him. He seemed like he was trying to calm me down, his hands held up, palms towards me in submission.

Sound exploded back into my ears and I winced, his voice pounding against my eardrums, even though he was whispering.

“I won’t hurt you or you friend. I promise.”

His promise sounded hallow and it made me wonder if he was lying or not. Blood pounded into my mind, drowning out and sounds that were around us. All I could hear was his blood circulating through his body and the blood pounding through mine from adrenaline. He was breathing shallowly and I could see his body tense, ready for anything.

I breathed in deeply, letting the oxygen flow up into my brain. The sound around me came back sharper than ever as I let out a scream that pierced the night.

Back to top Go down
Sylvia
Finally mastering Spirit
Finally mastering Spirit
Sylvia

Female Cancer Rooster

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Chapter 7. it's kinda short. But, here it is.

Chapter 7 – Dancing with the Night

A scream shattered the silence. My body tensed as I watched Shane’s expression change.

“Nikki…” He whispered, eyes widening.

I changed my expression, acting like I had no idea who he was talking about. I watched him run out the door, leaving it wide open. I went after him, unprepared for what I was about to see.

Shane was crouched down next to Nikki, who was crumpled into a bloody pile. Cuts and bruises covered her body, a pool of blood surrounding her. She was shaking in Shane’s embrace, looking like she’d just been mauled.

I walked over to them slowly, scanning the area for Haven or his consciousness. I couldn’t find it, which meant he’d gotten away.

What did you do? I sent to him.

Nothing… She flipped out. I swear.

I sighed in slight frustration, shaking my head. I stopped behind Shane, kneeling down next to him as he cradled Nikki to his chest. He was stroking her hair, asking her to wake up, pleading to her.

Her eyes suddenly opened, her nails digging deep into Shane’s arm. I saw him wince but he made no move to stop her. Her lips moved and her gaze came over to me. I tensed at what she whispered.

“Night person…”

Shane looked confused as she sat up, struggling to get out of his grasp. Her blackened eyes returned to their normal white as Nikki murmured, mainly to Shane, “What is she doing here?”

“She’s my cousin. She’s visiting for a while,” He murmured into her ear as he tightened his grip on her, running his fingers through her white hair.

Nikki kept staring at me, though she seemed to relax a bit at Shane’s gesture. Her eyes were burning a hole in me, trying to figure out what I was wanting and what I was actually doing here.

I’m not going to hurt him. I whispered into her mind.

Her lip curled into a snarl, her response stabbing at my consciousness. I doubt that leech. What do you want with Shane?

I’m just observing him, chill.

Yeah, right. I’m not stupid. One of your friends came by and attacked me.

My eyes narrowed slightly. Haven’s not like that.

She shrugged, standing up. Shane helped her, eyes filled with concern as they started up the pebbled walk towards his house. I just sat there, watching them walk away.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Story... no name yet   New Story... no name yet Empty

Back to top Go down

New Story... no name yet
Page 1 of 1