House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what will happen to stevie rae

Go down 
+11
SweetBlood
Emo Kitty
Dandelion
SerenityLynn
angela_jp90
sayieng
Fallen_warrior
-~Lumanee~-
Mari-chan
Caristiona
chosen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SweetBlood
Being chosen by a kitty
Being chosen by a kitty
SweetBlood

Female Virgo Rat

Character sheet
Name: SweetBlood
Affinities : Earth

what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:57 am

Well hold on guys. Rephaim decided they were impossible to be together after Zoey returned to her body which could be for a couple of reasons.

1. Kalona, his dad, killed Heath, Zoey's Consort, and all his life Rephaim's been judged as Dark and Scary just by sheer appearence. People aren't the most rational when they're grieving, so i don't think it would be too farfetched for Zoey to think that Rephaim is just like his father and not worthy of Stevie Rae's time. Rephaim knows that Stevie Rae would do almost anything for Zoey, maybe he knew that he would be making Stevie Rae chose between him and her friends and didn't want to put her through that. After all, Stevie Rae never made him chose her over his father.
2. Rephaim probably doesn't think he's worthy of Stevie Rae or that it's not possible for Stevie Rae to love him. Better to go back to familiar, safe Darkness (that he's known for centuries), then try to change and risk losing everything and getting hurt. It's a self-dence mechism, we all do it, we are all afraid of change, of what we don't understand and Rephaim is no different. Anything in my eyes, it makes him more human.

Wow, that reply is so sweet! I hadn't thought about it like that before. I think I love Rephaim more now.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Discovering you have an affinity for Spirit
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 am

Well it just struck me as odd that when Rephaim felt his father return he was confused and asking Stevie Rae what they should do, instead of saying "OMG! My Father has returned, i need to GTFO right now!" Not that I can ever imagine Rephaim saying something like that, but you guys get the point. But when Zoey returned to her body, he seemed to take it as a confirmation of something. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what it seemed like to me.

Then there's these quotes from the book Burned

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet
Name: Dandelion

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am

Why did you took these quotations? i didn't see how his decision to go back to his father is linked with this quotations?

but ya right, he didn't run directly to his father, but that didn't change the thing that he had selected his father over SR Sad
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:11 am

Sorry perhaps my choice was a little confusing. The quotes i chose were supposed to show that Rephaim doesn't think he's worthy of love and that he was already considering changing sides and that leaving his father didn't seem to bother him too much. That also Kalona is a little suicidal... Maybe?

Quote :
For an instant the pain within Kalona was so deadening that he didn’t fight it. Perhaps he should let this terrible struggle for life and its trappings end. Perhaps, once again, he should allow himself to be vanquished by her
Chapter 1 Burned.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm

or kalona likes it dramatic Wink
i agree with you that Rephaim thinks that he's not worthy of love, but i don't think that it doesn't bother him to change the sides. he sees the positive aspects in the "other world" like he called it, but there were much hints that he's loyal to his father...
i guess he just would change the side if he has to decide under pressure, when he has to decide quickly - i guess he has to rescue SR from his father or Neferet or Dallas. and when he does that, he can't come back to the dark side, cause it would look like he betraid his group.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:54 am

Yeah, I agree. Sorry, i know that Rephaim is super loyal, i meant to say that the idea of Rephaim changing sides had occured to him.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:41 pm

i agree with that. he even tried to get a hint from Nyx for his problems. i think that's the best example to show that he turned a bit to the other side...
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:00 am

Probably or at least i hope that's the case.
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor
Meeting new friends at Lunch

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am

@Bella-Rose: I completely agree with your reasons why Rephaim left SR behind, nice reasoning. Smile

Quote :
Stevie Rae is having the same issues but in different situations if you know what I mean. She is falling for a weird creature that killed so many people but yet she believes she can change him by giving the free will her Goddess gave her. Now that they have an imprint it changes things. They have feelings for each other whether they want to admit it or not, and it's not because of the imprint if you ask me.

Thank you for that sentence, somehow it managed to calm my worrying, but in the end I think that's what will convince her friends. At least it would convince Zoey, if she needs convincing, that is. Though I still fear, that it won't happen anytime soon and definitely not in Awakened. *sigh*

I just hope at least Zoey will stand behind Stevie Rae's choice at the end of the book, if not it would be torture to wait for #9. Somehow I just have this feeling that it will be dragged out, though. What with Heath getting killed by Rephaim's father, Dragons partner getting killed by Rephaim himself and especially the trust issues between Zoey and Stevie Rae.

It really is ironic, because if Zoey knew what Stevie Rae was thinking, I'm sure there is no way she wouldn't support her. But with all that darkness feeling around Stevie Rae, that Zoey worries about and then her falling for a creature of darkness...I just know that somehow Stevie Rae won't be the one telling her the truth, instead Zoey will find out in a bad way and it will cause trouble. *sigh*

Maybe I'm just worrying too much, though. In the end it will be okay. I just waited for the clearing-up talk between those two for what feels like an eternity and now it looks like it'll be dragged out even longer, so my nerves are getting strained.

P.S.: btw, Serenity, I love your avatar. ^^
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Z will not accept the friendship (until now, it's nothin' more) without really seeing Rephaim doing something which would make him earn trust. and as long he doesn't do something like that, Z would not trust SR any more (Z may think she'd turn to the dark side again). plus, we agree in this case, SR would not be the one who tells Z about Rephaim.
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Yep, that's exactly why my nerves are getting strained. Because I agree with you on that. That's what I meant by it being ironic, because Zoey would probably understand, if she knew what SR knows/thinks and saw how Rephaim changed over the last two books. But yeah, it's obvious that it won't go like that and Rephaim will have to prove himself. The problem is...if Zoey isn't present at that moment, it would be most likely useless. *sigh*

I also meant the "but yet she believes she can change him by giving the free will her Goddess gave her" comment more as a final last push to convince Zoey, after she has already started to think different about the two of them. Sort of, when she hears that, she will have a moment of enlightenment and understand/accept it. And I also see it as a way to make her understand Stevie Ray's way of thinking/why she does what she does, because SR obviously sees free will as one of the most important things due to her past, unlike Zoey, whom has her focus more on other parts of Nyx belief's.

On a side note, I think it's great how the Priestesses (+Aphrodite and yes, I know she's a Prophetess, not a Priestess, before anyone goes nitpicking ;P) each hold different parts of Nyx way's in their hearts.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:47 pm

Stevie Rae holds Free Will with such high regard because she knows what it's like to be stripped of it, what it's like to forced to be something that somebody else wants you to be. I've got to be honest, i think it's going to take a lot for Zoey to be convinced that Rephaim is capable of being a good guy. She may even be the one that tries to break their Imprint.

The Casts didn't go into details about how to break an Imprint (other than feeding from someone else) was to involve a powerful High Priestess and that it would cause a lot of pain on the Human's behalf. That may even be the moment where Stevie Rae's payment to the Black Bull is revealed (as in "NO! Stop! I need to be Imprinted to him, because if I'm not Imprinted to him i can't pay my debt to the Black Bull. Blah, blah, blah.")

I honestly see the situation occuring that everyone BUT Zoey being convinced that Rephaim is capable of being a person of Light, and i have a feeling that Nyx herself is going to have to get involved.
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:04 am

Well, I wouldn't mind Nyx having to get involved though. Any moment of the Goddess talking to them is appreciated. ^^

And yeah, at some point it will have to be revealed, that breaking the Imprint doesn't change anything, because of what Stevie Rae promised/oathed to the Black Bull, and that she's bound to him through way more than just an Imprint. Also, at that point, I think SR will not only be drawn to him through the Imprint and the payment, but also she will have started to love him by herself, which will make it even more complicated. She already has begun falling for him, now she only needs to figure out if it's because of what happened, or if it's because of her own feelings.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 am

Nyx already is involved, she changed the reflection in the water. that shows me that she noticed from the two and tries to help them - she shows them how it could be if Rephaim changes. so i guess it's not impossible that she intervene when everyone is against their relationship.
yes, Z will be the one to be the hardest to convince, cause she would feel betraid by her BFF (especiallly cause Kalona killed Heath). That SR loves Rephaim (and i'm damn shure she will) would turned from Z to the attraction Kalona has to her (he's the son, he could have inherit that ability) and she would try to convince SR that it's no real love but bad influence.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:28 am

I mean like Nyx appearing and going "Behold! I approve of this couple!"

Zoey would think that breaking the Imprint would do something. That it would break Rephaim's hold over Stevie Rae, and thus he would have no need to have anything to do with her. Zoey wouldn't get it that Stevie Rae and Rephaim are joined by just more then an Imprint.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 am

maybe Z will get it, but that didn't change the main problem - she just wouldn't accept them as a couple.

and i think, if Nyx already intervened could be a hint that she would do it once more? if necessary?
Back to top Go down
SweetBlood
Being chosen by a kitty
Being chosen by a kitty
SweetBlood

Female Virgo Rat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:56 pm

Yes, Nyx will most likely have to interven again. I'm guessing it will be in a vision from Approdite. because she already had one about them.
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I guess she would, but only as a last resort.

A vision of Aphrodite, is what I'm expecting anyway at some point, somehow it's bound to happen and it would be nice. ^^

And yeah, I can see Z saying that it's not real love. To be honest, I wouldn't mind them breaking the Imprint, because until that happens it will already be far too late for SR and breaking the Imprint won't change anything. And not just because of the payment for the black bull.
Back to top Go down
Bella-Rose
Bella-Rose

Female Taurus Snake

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 am

But we don't know that. We don't know if Stevie Rae has to be Imprinted to Rephaim to be bound to his humanity or if their seperate things.
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Huh. Didn't think about that. You could be right there. Though it would be weird of Light, to bind the payment to the Imprint.
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:44 pm

but maybe that was the price, one is able to break an imprint, but you may be connected to the person furthermore with the binding from Light. I understood it like SR isn't able to be NOT bound to Rephaim. I'm just asking myself what happens when he die or when his non-human-side will take over?
Back to top Go down
AmrodAegnor

Male Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:23 pm

Quote :
I understood it like SR isn't able to be NOT bound to Rephaim.

Me too, but I thought they were seperate things. But it makes sense, it could be possible that Light additionally to strengthening the Imprint, he made it unbreakable.

Hmm, maybe that's meant by "being irreparably broken." If he dies, it shatters her, just like Zoey. Well, not that I think it will be repeated, that would be lame, I was just making a hypothetical assumption. But it would be a good thing, it would mean he can't die. ^.^

If the dark side takes over...good question. Only the Casts could know the truth. Maybe she would fall to the darkness too. But I think in that case nothing special would happen, apart from Stevie Rae being in emotional pain and despair because of it. :/
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:29 pm

... and as we saw, to be shattered is not irreparably.
but as we guessed in this or another topic, it's true that Kalona or Neferet try to use Rephaim for SR...
Back to top Go down
SweetBlood
Being chosen by a kitty
Being chosen by a kitty
SweetBlood

Female Virgo Rat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 pm

they wont have that repeated agian. I think that if he goes dark she will just be sad and broken in it. remember the vision Approdite had?
Back to top Go down
Dandelion
Finally mastering Fire
Finally mastering Fire
Dandelion

Female Gemini Snake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:17 am

yeah but the vision showed that Rephaim has not decided yet on which side the stands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what will happen to stevie rae    what will happen to stevie rae  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

what will happen to stevie rae
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next