House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should this series get turned into a movie? :D

Go down 
+45
Midnight Soul
Melly Salvatore
FallenInLove
Shannedo
Stevie Rae is d best
GlamAlex1991
nzchick
Allyson
HONReader_Diva
watervampire_nyx
Hannahofnight
black rose
DarkDaughterAngie
Kat<3Stark
Erinacchi
XxPunkAngelxX
Marian_yas
Saura
Emo Kitty
kittie
vampirechild
WazzuMan
JCP1987
Livi
ZoeRedbird
firegoddess
ShelbyLeeLoveForever
saddiebaby96
heatherox03
*PrincessOfDarkness*
samjie156
Demitria
Cassie Petitt
ZoeyAndStarkForever
didoo0501
Nightchild
sayieng
AmrodAegnor
Kim
jasmine silverdragon
Ivy
Fallen_warrior
I am a red fledgling3
*red vampire*
milly
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
firegoddess
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
firegoddess

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Fire
Affinities : Fire, Communication with animals

Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I would like it to be a movie or i would even settle for a tv program like vampire diaries..

If they do make it into a movie i hope they do it well and i hope there will be a few movies because if they tried to fit all the books into one or 2 movies i think that too much would be missed out..
Back to top Go down
milly
Walking back to my dorm
Walking back to my dorm
milly

Female Aquarius Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Milly
Affinities : None that she was aware of.

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 am

yea im hoping they do it harry potter style
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet
Name: Dock
Affinities : Telepathy

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 4:25 am

omg it would be awsome if all the books become movies! Clap

but not like twilight as most of you have said. they should make HON movies word by word.

its gunna be soo awsome when they out this year Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Livi
Going to the House of Night
Going to the House of Night
Livi

Female Aquarius Pig

Character sheet
Name: Olivia Rose
Affinities : Close to cats and air, poems.

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:43 am

I have one answer to this, and excuse me if you believe I am wrong, but ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!!!!!! I love Zoe and friends and I have read pretty much the entire series. If these books where turned into a movie, my opinions would not be based on the book anymore but on what the movie say.

Also, if these Vampyres are meant to have super human beauty, how will they find anyone to play the characters? Just saying (: xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 pm

YES!!! Very Happy
I think the HoN books would translate into movies as good as the Twilight books have. Actually, I think HoN would make better movies. I tried reading the first book in the Twilight series. I got so bored with it, I never read any chapters past chapter one. I later tried watching that first Twilight movie thinking it might be better than the book. I found the movie so boring that 5 minutes in I quit watching it and never finished.

Last edited by Carolyn318 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : A little rewording. Nothing to panic over.)
Back to top Go down
JCP1987
Eavesdropping on her conversation
JCP1987

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: Haruhi Yuki
Affinities : Sword/Judo/Tai quan do

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:53 pm

O yes yes yes please that would be awsome to have the hon series as movies.
Back to top Go down
WazzuMan
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
Discovering you have an affinity for Air
WazzuMan

Male Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 9:06 am

I'm on the fence here. I'm not going to say they should make movies out of this series, because I wouldn't know if they'd make very good movies or not.

All I'm going to do is comment on what I notice a lot of you are saying: that you want the movies to be "word for word" from the books. You don't. Trust me, it'd turn out horribly. The absolute, most important thing you can do for these book-to-screen adaptations, is treat them differently. They are two entirely different mediums that don't mix well together. That is why changes to the story and even the characters themselves are near necessities to make a good film.

Only a few months ago, one of my favourite books got its own film adaption and I loved it. It was different, and I can count for all the changes that were made (some were very significant, particularly storywise) but not every change was a bad one. Many were necessary to tell the story because you can't get inside a character's head, which easily accounts for about 60% of the book anyway. Some were made because they were more practical and cost effective. And many were made to make the movie more awesome. After all, I'd already read the book, a few surprises and changes were very refreshing. I wouldn't dare compare it to the book, because they aren't supposed to be the same, should never be the same.

What I am saying is you want an awesome movie that compliments your awesome books. You shouldn't try to think of it as an audiovisual copy of the book but as a movie. Also important, other people will watch it (ones who have not read the books) and if they leave the cinema confused or disappointed they won't come back for seconds, they won't buy the DVD, critics will trash the film and you are left with a very expensive, wasted opportunity. Just remember that you, the fans, are the minority group in the target audience for the film, so you must consider what is best for the film, not just what you want.

Back to top Go down
vampirechild
Accidentally blowing your friends over with Air
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Sita
Affinities : water, fire

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Well, duh they'd make good movies!

If they're good books, then there good movies, END OF STORY.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:50 pm

firegoddess wrote:
I would like it to be a movie or i would even settle for a tv program like vampire diaries..

If they do make it into a movie i hope they do it well and i hope there will be a few movies because if they tried to fit all the books into one or 2 movies i think that too much would be missed out..

ya, but they screwed up the vampire diaries and made their own story line, i like, but i dont think it would be good for the HoN movie. I think one book per movie.
Back to top Go down
JCP1987
JCP1987

Female Pisces Goat

Character sheet
Name: Haruhi Yuki
Affinities : Sword/Judo/Tai quan do

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:16 pm

I really do want these books to be made into movies, but the only thing is that there are alot of book in the series swo they may have to combine the book, but i don't know if i like that idea, and plus i think they shoul keep to the book for the movies and not try to make there own plot.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 pm

agreed
Back to top Go down
kittie
Being Chosen by Nyx
Being Chosen by Nyx
kittie

Female Capricorn Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Katt Wakeshima
Affinities : prophecy, half demon neko

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:27 pm

well they should have series because that will be one long freggin movie to get every detail and action from the book the movies will be endless its the only reason why they do that to the movies based off of books it's like a short summary and acted in their own words of the actual book but i do agree that they can and should make a movie in every detail as the book it will be the first and probably the only one
Back to top Go down
Emo Kitty
Admin
Admin
Emo Kitty

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Luna Moon
Affinities : Fire, Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:39 am

I think that they should be made into movies. Since there is gonna be 12 books in the series, why don't they link the books together like 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, 7+8, 9+10, 11+12. That way there will only be 6 movies and they don't need to worry about the actors getting too old for their roles and they can get the movies done quicker and worry less.
If they made it into a tv series, i don't think that things will work out cause it'll take longer to film the whole series than one movie, and then when its filmed, it'll be even longer til it is on tv.
Back to top Go down
Saura
Mod
Mod
Saura

Female Taurus Dog

Character sheet
Name: Saura
Affinities : Electricity

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 am

I know they skipped out a lot of with the Darren Shan book-movie thing, but the way they joined up the books should be how they do the HoN ones. Like Emo Kitty ^^ I agree with what she saidd.

Also, with the Vampire Diaries, I know they changed the story line so much but I honestly think its for the best. I couldn't get into those books they didn't have enough going on in them for me but I think the TV series is amazing, so many plot twists ect.
Back to top Go down
Marian_yas
Seeing the Tracker
Seeing the Tracker
Marian_yas

Female Scorpio Monkey

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:09 am

Like it's been said here, with 12 movies the actors would get older by thr time they shoot the last one. Also, if they did 1+2, 3+4, etc etc, plenty of details and important stuff would be left behind for sure.

But on the other hand, I'd love to see what a movie would turn out to be like...
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Ya, I do like what they did with the vampire diaries, but i wouldn't want them to do that with HoN.
and i don't know how they would do 1+2 etc etc, because thier is a lot of storyline.
I still think it should be one movie per book, and about them getting old... well makeup always works!?
Back to top Go down
XxPunkAngelxX
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
XxPunkAngelxX

Female Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Isnt it already gonna be turned into a movie? bc i looked online and it said there making one. i really hope they make one :3 OwO
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:57 pm

ya it says that online...
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 pm

ooh
i have found out that Marked maybe going to be made into a movie Very Happy
(yay)
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:59 pm

Ya. I'm getting so imapetient... AH!

I demand House of Night! Angry
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:49 am

lolz XD
i hope it comes out soon, on the info i read doesnt say when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:50 am

Ya, but we can hold onto it coming out
Back to top Go down
Emo Kitty
Admin
Admin
Emo Kitty

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Luna Moon
Affinities : Fire, Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:21 am

They are working on making the novels into books so far.
Casting had not started yet
The Screen play is going to be different to the books
If you want to find out more, follow the Link
Back to top Go down
vampirechild
vampirechild

Female Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:52 am

Thanks, that reallly helped. It says they're going to change the movie, it'
s not going to be like the books!... Tears Gonk
Back to top Go down
ZoeRedbird
Mod
Mod
ZoeRedbird

Female Libra Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:20 pm

oohhhh.
that cant be all bad thow, because they'll have to stay close to the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should this series get turned into a movie? :D   Should this series get turned into a movie? :D - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should this series get turned into a movie? :D
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next