House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1000 Words

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie-la
Discovering you have an affinity for Earth
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet
Name: Michiko
Affinities : Sound, Water

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: 1000 Words   1000 Words EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:18 pm

" I still relive the day.
You've been ther with me all the way.
I still hear you say,
'Wait for me, I'll write you letters.'
I can see how you stammered with your eyes to the floor.
But still I swore
To hide the pain
When I turn back the pages...

1000 words
cradle you,
turning all of the lonely years to only days.
They'll hold you forever."

Kodi Kumi (Jade [from Sweetbox] ), 1000 Words

Last edited by Utada Hikaru on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1: In my Shoes   1000 Words EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 am

Chapter 1: In My Shoes

"Are you calling me?
Are you trying to get through?
Are you reaching out for me?

I'm reaching out for you..."
Eminem, Beautiful

"'Bye, Ma!" My voice flew through the air. I walked outside and sighed happily. I could hear the sweet songs of the birds, feel the leaves crunching under my feet. It as that season, between green season and autumnal red season, where it wasn't hot or cold, but just in between. The perfect season for me. I inhaled deeply, then slowly exhaled. I closed my eyes and yawned. School was way to early for me to enjoy the morning, but I would just have to deal with it. Besides this is the first day. I'll eventually get used to it!
Ma always complained about me going to school and not helping out with the herbal shop, but it wasn't my fault so I didn't want to hear her. (I never told her that though.) It was all the King's fault. Everything: My brother Kienan's deployment to the Royal Guard; Aunt Lilian's debt; Uncle Dan's blacksmithing buisiness shutting down; Father getting laid off from his job in the Hobbit's Mines. Everything. And the economy is spiraling down. Way down. I cannot even afford a candy bar from Smitty's Candy and Etc Shoppe.
I looked up to the castle. King Jude's wife, Janet, just passed on. He and his daughter Alexandria must be depressed. Rumor has it that he had lost his mind, but no one knew what to believe in those times. The demonworshippers had started coming in from the north, corrupting all in their path and erecting their dark, dissolute shrines all over the Kingdom. Their evil, deceitful ways spreading with their religion. Some even claim they're demons themselves. Or at least their leader, Jakob. But King Jude has taken no action, for he has much resting on his shoulders.

Two hours later I arrived at the schoolhouse and, much to my shock, I saw King Jude's royal guard at the doors. Kienan!...I searched, but my brother was not to be found. Depressed, I slowly made my way to my class, weaving through the crowd. Crowd?!
My head shot up as I realized that the schoolhouse was crowded. That's weird. Most people skip school. It's never crowded in here. I was pushed and pulled in the sea of people. "'Ello!"
I turned. My friend Jazz stood short beside me. She had on a peasant blouse and a pair of pants. Few women wore them. She was really brave and was ridiculed often. Though she was a well liked person, but not the sharpest tool in the shed. "Hiya!"
She smiled and wacked me on the back. I tried, unsuccessfully, not to flinch. "Do ya know what'sa goin' on 'round here?"
She, somehow, turned on her smile to BRIGHTER THAN BRIGHT mode, pointedly blinding me for all of time. "Nope."
"Well that sucks." The crowd swayed, swishing me to the front of the crowd. I looked up and found myself being stared at by a man on the stage. Our eyes met and he quickly switched his gaze to the list in his hands. His lips rapidly moved as he read it to himself.
Someone tapped my shoulder. "Jonathan!" I super-jumped into his open arms. He was wearing his rare-since-the-depression leather jacket and a pair of slacks. He was about "six 'three. His shagg blonde hair was rare for men. "What are you doing at school?" My deliquent friend had a reputation for cutting classes. Something big had to be going down in this small town.
"If anyone knows what is going on you do, right?"
His smiled faded. "What? This isn't right! What's going on around here? This is pure craziness!" He covered my mouth. "Shh."
I slapped his hand. "Don't tell me to 'Shh'! And have you noticed that everyone in this crazyhouse are kids. I don't even see Mrs. Meyer!"
He put his serious face on. "I see that."
I raised my eyebrows at him. He souned sarcastic. "My parents sent me here. Said they'd beat me with a switch if I didn't go today. No questions asked. They never make me go! Something bad is happening today. I can feel it! Oh and I feel that too!" I gave him a look. "I gotta go pee!"
He left immediately. Something was up. If Jonathan the know-it-all and Jazz the new-generation-town-gossip both didn't know what was going on then we were in serious trouble.
BOOM! click. click. All exits closed we were trapped in the school. An eerie silence filled the air. Chills ran up and down my spine. I started to shiver.
The man on the audiotorium stage cleared his throat.

I waited for him to speak, hoping with all my heart that nothing bad would befall us. Pictures of my loved ones filled my mind as the silence grew more uncomfortable. Then the man broke it as he once again cleared his throat. My mental snapshots shattered and I felt a cold breeze seep into the room. No one dared to utter a single word, to fidget or even to cough. Those things were to mundane for a situation this seemingly dire.
"As you all well know," he began. I surprisingly thought that he would never had talked. That the sad, unpeaceful silence would last forever. How I wish it would've! But it didn't. "I was Queen Janet's-"
The crowd muttered the response that seemed to be automatic now. "May she rest in peace." The man nodded. "I was her royal advisor." Gasps ran through the audience. That's who he is! He continued, "I now serve under the King's own royal advisor. I came here for an important announcement. School will, until further notice, be cancelled. The reasons are covert at this moment and shall not be revealed to the public until more information about the current situation has been attained. King Jude sends his apologies to all hardcore academics. Please think of this as a, I don't know, a vacation, if you will.
The demonworshippers have been put at bay, so this village has absolutely nothing to worry about! We know you're the closest to their base, but have no fear."
A second grader raised his hand. "Momma says that yous be in a league wit toes demonworsippers!" Unease came into the crowd.
A unfamiliar preschooler raised her hand. "My uncle says that the King has gone crazy. He says he killed Queen Janet-"
"May she rest in peace."
"-himself and threatened su-su-su-ishide. He was gonta jump outta winder and the guad had ta get 'im out!" The advisor glared. The crowd started to whisper. The whispers turned into full-fledged conversations. Soon everyone was pratically shouting!
The advisor started to freak. he knew things were about to get out of hand so he started to just spout random facts. "And also your teacher, Mrs. Meyer, is sick and wishes you all a merry Harvest and a happy-" A guard walked to the man and whispered into his ear. The advisor frowned. "Oh dear," he muttered. "Alyce. Alyce Liddell," - All eyes flew to me - "please report backstage."

END OF CHAPTER 1

Last edited by Utada Hikaru on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:55 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 2: Go Ask Alice   1000 Words EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Chapter 2: Go Ask Alice

"Go Ask Alice when she's ten feet tall."
Jefferson Airplane, White Rabbit

I was so cold. Out here on my own. So cold. Why did they leave me alone out here? The question was really, "Am I alone?" Who were they anyway. That white-dressed man...I'd felt a connection with him, like I could trust him. I was proved wrong, I guess. Put into this situation, alone in the middle of a snowy-somewhere. It wasn't the right weather for this season. I must be far from home.

I tried to remember my conversation with that man, but it wouldn't come to me. I needed to evaluate my chances of surviving in there. So, I did what any idiot in my situation would do, I ran. I ran and I ran, faster and faster, until I ran smack into a brick wall. I stood up and look to both of my sides. The wall stretched on forever. I my gaze immediately shifted behind me, and fixated on a guy standiing directly behind me.

He obviously wasn't from a village like the ones in my region. Everyone hunted and gathered. You owned what you caught, except for the 1/3 that went to King Jude. I could tell by the way I could sense him following me ever since I started running. He was the reason I ran into that wall.

He was clumsy, and way to loud for my liking, but he would have to do for the time being. He was probably a noble, definitely not a knight. To lacking in survival skills for that.

I shifted my weight to my left as he moved to my right. He must not have known I could see him even though I was facing a different direction. He still hadn't noticed my head tilt toward him. They way my breathing silented. Definitely a noble.

We stayed that way for awhile. I was starting to think there was something wrong with him when he spoke. His voice was that of a teenage boy. I estimated his age ot be around seventeen. "Hey."

His voice jolted my mind. How long had I been spacing out? "Sorry if I scared you, but I've been here for awhile, waiting on you to notice my presence. You must be worse in skill than me."

I snorted. "Name."

He shifted his weight uncomfortably. I had to keep calm for this man or he would freak. In order to that, I needed to train him, unless we could get out of this place. "Name," I repeated it in a nicer tone, trying my best to comfort this man for both of our survival. I couldn't handle someone go crazy over here. I couldn't control him and we would soon be discovered, if we were being watched for. I tensed. Unless we was the enemy.

"Joe."

I repeated his name and smiled. How original! "Hiya Joe! I'm Carol!" I walked over and shook his hand and plastered a smile on my face.

END OF CHAPTER 2.

[

Last edited by Utada Hikaru on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3: Do You Go Along   1000 Words EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 am

Chapter 3: Do You Go Along

"'Cause you want to belong,
Do you go along?
'Cause his pain is the price
for you to belong."
Superchick, Hero

It was midnight. I pondered wearily why I was here. That girl...
I heard the millions clocks in the jailhouse scream, indicating a new day. I study my cell. I was starting to get a crick in my neck from looking up at him from down on the concrete floor. A yawn accidently escaped.
He cleared his throat. "Do you understand now? Do you understand the trouble she's already caused? You wanted us to spare her. She and that boy escaped the Jabberwock with no trouble at all! Do you think we should've spared her now?"
I smiled at him, wondering how scary my blood-spattered face looked. "I have a riddle for you," I breathed.
His cocky smiled changed to something seemingly genuine, but it was obviously not. How did I know? At that moment he kicked me in the stomach. "DO YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT A RIDDLE AT THIS TIME? WHILE SOME, SOME, SOME GIRL RUNS AMUCK THROUGH MY LAND? SOON SHE'S GOING TO FIND THE GARDENS. DO YOU THINK THE QUEEN WILL BE HAPPY ABOUT THAT?" An eerie silence filled the room as his echo faded. When I did not answer, he sighed and kicked me again only lower. I gasped as my breath was taken from me for a second or two.
"The queen will kill us all. All of us the queen will kill. And whose fault would that be? I cannot believe that I believed you. I can't believed a let that troublesome little, small, puny booger go. Stupid armpit hair. She needs to be shaved off!" I wrinkled my nose and squinched my eyes in disgust and confusion at his metaphors.
"My, poor, poor Jabberwock! My Jabberwocky!" He mourned and recited,

" `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

`Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

`And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."

I started to laugh. Hard. In response, He kicked me. Harder. In between heaves and hos of my chest I managed to get out, "Do you understand even half of what you just said?"
"You just have no idea what you're talking about. Of course I know what I say means! It means...Anyway you're out of you're mind. Delirious! Mad-as-a-hatter!"
"Then why are you trying to argue with everything I say?"
He smacked me and cackled. "I know why you wanted us to save her. You love her! You've become infatuated. Poor child." He pretended to wipe tears from his eyes and dry them on my shirt.
"But, back to the Queen. I talked to her a little about the situation, mostly the part where it was your fault. This is actually the reason I came here. Just to say you're verdict is guilty. You're punishment: decapitation." He winked. As he walked through the door and into the darkness, he yelled back, "Now what was that riddle you wanted to share?" His laugh echoed in the room long after he was gone.

END OF CHAPTER 3.

Last edited by Utada Hikaru on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Words   1000 Words EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 am

In A Perfect World,
You'd Still Be Here...

Chapter 4: The Jabberwock

The fire crackled. I could feel its heat wafting towards me. I stared into it, watching the flame and ashes dance. My comatose state inside of the fire was interrupted by "Joe"- (if that was his name) -as he cleared his throat.
"What?" I really did try not to be grumpy, but this guy,,,This dude was so optimistic! I was going to kill him if he didn't stop. "Oh, now that you're here I'm saved...blahblahBLECH!" Lord have mercy on this genius's soul!
The firse separated us so, sadly, I couldn't choke him for interrupting "me-time" after hours of endless torture with him. He stared in awe at me. What was I doing that was so interesting? Well, it couldn't be me...He pointed his finger and made a weird, choked sound. I turned around and what I saw was...the Jabberwock.

`Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'

This, this thing...It was horrid, so horrid that I can not relate to you what it was, for if I did...The Jabberwock opened his mouth and roared a most terrible roar. A roar that, if you were to stand in a certain spot at a certain time, could/can be heard through the ages...Past, present and future. Joe, like an idiot, started to scream and I realized that our survival was upon my shoulders only. Joe would have nothing to do with this...Stupid sissy. So I did what any person in my situation would do, I roared back.
But my ferocious roar did not make the Jabberwock go away. In fact, it did nothing of the sort; it provoked that Jabberwock to come closer. So again, I did what any person in my situation would do, I played it to rock, paper, scissors. "Two outta three!" I challenged, and pulled out my fist, the Jabberwock did also. I counted down and could feel sweat pour down my face. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" I whipped out my fist. Jabberwock: Paper; Me: Scissors. What I did next is still unbelievable to me. I took a pair of scissors out of my pocket and threw it in the beasts direction, grabbed Joe's hand, and ran for my life.

Last edited by Juliet Capulet on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Words   1000 Words EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 pm

No one likes it? I added more to the last post...comments anyone? I'll delete if y'all don't like it that much.
Back to top Go down
earth-spirit
Accidentally flooding a classroom with Water
Accidentally flooding a classroom with Water
earth-spirit

Female Posts : 721

Character sheet
Name: earth-spirit

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Words   1000 Words EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:41 pm

I liked it. Is there more to the story?
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Words   1000 Words EmptySat May 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Joe, like an idiot, glanced back behind us. "Nice shot," he commented.
I grunted.
He nodded, "I'll take that as thanks. You are welcome."
"Where did they go?"
"Straight into his eye," he gulped.
Good, I thought. Now, if I only had another pair.
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Words   1000 Words EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:58 pm

This story is unfinished, so there won't be an update.
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

1000 Words Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 Words   1000 Words Empty

Back to top Go down

1000 Words
Page 1 of 1