House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caristiona
Head Mod
Head Mod
Caristiona

Female Libra Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Lykinia
Affinities : Air & Water, and the color orange. :)

A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!)) Empty
PostSubject: A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!))   A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!)) EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am

I'll add characters as I go along.

Sammy:
Spoiler:
Cally:
Spoiler:

Sammy got home from school and like usual her mem was in the kitchen. She walked in and gave her mom a kiss on the cheek. "Hey mom. Whatcha doin?" she asked her wanting to know why he mom was packing up some food.

"The picnic... remember. We have to go today." She said. Sammy remembered now her dad's law firm was having a picnic to celebrate some type of case that was apparently really big. Sammy wasn't feeling good at all, she barely made it through the day at work.

"Yeah Mom speaking of said picnic. I was wondering if I could skip out on it? I feel sick and I am tired. Next time they win a case... which I am pretty sure they will... I'll go to that one." Sammy looked at her mom with pleading eyes. "Please?"

"You know this is going to make your father sad right? He won a case and his daughter doesn't even want to get celebrate." She tried to do that whole reverse psychology, but this time it wasn't going to work.

"Mom I really need to rest. I'm honestly not feeling good." There was something happening where she was just... Bleh... She didn't feel good and she needed to rest. "I'll make it up to him... I'll get him... Something." Sammy said trying to convince her.

"If Sam doesn't have to go to this thing then neither do I." Sammys sister, Cally, said. Cally had just got into highschool and she thought she was popular. Her small frame worked for her. But it was the blonde hair and blue eyes that made her think she was cute. Most of the time Sammy thought it was annoying, especailly when she walked around in her belly shirts and mini skirts.

"Seriously? Do you ever wear clothes?" She asked her sister completely disgusted.

"Don't be jealous just because you don't have a body like me." She said and grabbed a granola bar. "And besides... I have a party to go to and I was wondering if I could not go either?"

"No your going. Because you don't need to go to any parties just so that you can get pregnant." Sammy gave a snort of laughter and Cally glared at her, she covered it up with a cough, like she was choking on her water.

Sammy faked a stretched "Ohhh... I'm gonna head off to the bedroom." She said and left the kitchen hearing her mom and sister arguing about how her mom is ruining Cally's social life.

Sammy walked into her bedroom and changed into a giant ACDC T-shirt, she really needed to sleep. She didn't know why she was so tired, but she knew that she was so ready to sleep. She curled up in her bed and closed her eyes. Right when she was about to sleep, she heard her door open. "Hey Bud." She heard her dad say. She turned and smiled at him.

"Hey daddy." Sammy smiled at him. "I'm sorry I'm not going today... I just really don't feel into it."

"I know. Your mom told me. Its okay, I'll see you when we get home and I'll tell you what you missed." He smiled at her. She knew her dad would never be mad at her because she wanted to follow in his foot steps. She too wanted to be a lawyer, thats why he always told her about his past cases that he won. "I just came in here to see how you are doing. But I can tell you want to sleep. So you rest and I will see you when we get back." He said and kissed her on her forehead.

"Bye." Sammy said and curled back under the blankets and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Caristiona
Head Mod
Head Mod
Caristiona

Female Libra Rooster

Character sheet
Name: Lykinia
Affinities : Air & Water, and the color orange. :)

PostSubject: Re: A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!))   A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!)) EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Sammy wasn't sure how long she slept but when she woke up, her alarm clock was going off. She had slept even through the night. She got up to go get something to eat, but something was odd. Her mom wasn't in the kitchen making breakfast. She looked around the house and no one was home... the car wasn't in the driveway. Maybe they just didn't come home last night because things ran late. She went to run her sisters cell phone when someone was at the door.

Sammy looked through the curtains on the door and there was a cop there. She opened the door. "How can I help you officer?"

"Are you Samantha Martin?" He asked looking up from the paper.

"Yeah thats me." Whatever it was Sammy knew that she didn't do it. She was home all night.

"I'm officer Moralis, I have some bad news. Can I come in and talk to you?" He asked.

Sammy looked at him a little confused. "Um... sure." She said and opened the door wider so that he could come inside. She walked him into the kitchen, "Have a seat." She said and went to the counter. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked trying to prolong said bad news. She really wasn't in the mood for bad moves she had to get ahold of her parents. "If its okay with you could I call my parents and see where they are so that they know I am talking to a police... Because I'm under the age of 18 and if I am being accused of soemthing I can't talk to you without a parent or lawyer present." She said to him heading towards the phone.

"Thats why I am here. You might want to take a seat." He said to her. "Please."

Sammy nodded and she walked to the table and sat down. Something inside her told her that this was life changing news and she didn't really know if she was ready to hear it. She looked up at the officer and nodded for him to begin.

"Last night your parents and your sister were on their way to a picnic. I'm sorry that I have to be the one to tell you this, but on the way there... the car was in a head on collision with another car. No one survived. I'm really sorry." He said.

Sammy litterally froze. This couldn't be happening... this couldn't be happening. She couldn't be the last on in my family left. Tears stung her eyes and she started to shake her head. "Your lying there is no way that they are gone." She said and stood up abruptly. She pushed her chair back and it fell to the floor. "Its not true. It can't be."

"I know you don't want to believe it, but I'm sorry it is true." He said and reached over and takes her hand. "Your Aunt Bell is going to come her and plan the funeral... then you are going to live with her. In California." He said and the door bell rang. Officer Moralis walked to the door and pulled it open.

Sammys Aunt walked in and pulled her into her arms. "I'm so sorry, Sammy." She said. She could hear the hitch in her Aunts voice so she knew she was crying.

"I should have been there too. I was suppose to be in the car with them... I was suppose to die with them... why am I still alive?" Sammy cried even harder into her Aunts shoulder. "I don't want to have to live without them."
Back to top Go down
Katie-la
Discovering you have an affinity for Earth
Discovering you have an affinity for Earth
Katie-la

Female Sagittarius Rat

Character sheet
Name: Michiko
Affinities : Sound, Water

PostSubject: Re: A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!))   A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!)) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Aww! So unexpected! Please continue!

Criticism wise...Umm...
I think maybe you could add something a bit more to the first part. Like some kind of bonding flashback or something to make the reader feel a bit more sympathy. But really, it's not even necessary because you did so well with the surprise...I mean you expected it when you saw the officer, but other than that, really shocking! Nice job, hope to see more!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!))   A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!)) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Death Left Behind ((PLEASE READ!))
Page 1 of 1