House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ageless Vampire
Appointing your friends to your council
Ageless Vampire

Female Posts : 2711

Character sheet
Name:
Age: a time of life (usually defined in years) at which some particular qualification or power arises, such as...
Affinities : Fire & Equestrian

Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name. Empty
PostSubject: Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name.   Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name. EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:52 pm

There was a time in my life when I would have not cared to die. When dying was a solution to the never ending nightmare I was stuck living from night to day. This was before I met Max, before I learned what it meant to care and way before I learned to love. I guess I am telling my story now to remind you that life is short, eternity is shorter still and nothing should ever be taken for granted. I like to think I was a normal person, I had a good job, a house I couldn't afford and a nice car that I still owed the bank too much money to care. I was stuck in this rut, like tires slipping in mud and making a big 'ol mess but going nowhere. So I decided to be a lemming and drive off a cliff, this was a brilliant plan right? I mean who could mess up a plan like mine? That's when I ran out of gas and that's where my story begins...

Good speed and good riddance, I thought as I glared at the digital display on my dashboard. I was going over the edge, ending this miserable existence and going to heaven. At least I hope I deserved heaven, what with all I've been through I certainly deserved something. That's when my engine started sounding funny. Now one would think that a person about to drive off a cliff wouldn't care about these things, but well... I did! I smacked my hands against the wheel, making the horn beep and said a few carefully thought out words. About five feet from my drop of death my car hit a huge rock, the engine sputtered and died. I won't pretend I didn't start screaming bloody murder when this happened, because yes I did; I let out a loud long scream. I turned the key and the engine caught, still sounding funny. I put the car in reverse and backed it up a little then it died again.
Really? I thought, why me? I'm trying to die and my car dies, is this some kind of joke? I really wasn't in any frame of mind to find it funny. Now a really committed person would have probably gotten out of the car and just dived off, but I'm not that good so I just sat there crying.

Knock, knock... I jumped nearly out of my skin when I saw a handsome stranger knocking on my window. It was dusk, so I couldn't see more then his face but what I saw was pretty darn nice. The stranger made a 'roll down your window' motion with his hand. I kept my eyes on his as I did what he suggested but only half way. Does it make any sense to you that I would care about myself when just minutes before I was ready to end it all? Did rape or murder cross my mind? Yes, yes it did and that is why I only rolled the window down half way.
“Can I help you?” I asked the stranger. As if I wasn't the one with the tear streaked face who just finished screaming my head off.
“Actually, I thought you might need some help.” The voice was a quiet baritone.
Great, just freaking dandy! I thought shaking my head at the strange guy. “I can manage just fine thank you!” I told him and started to roll my window up.
“Let me buy you some coffee,” he suggested. I raised an eyebrow at him. Thinking was this guy for real?
“You just want me to get out so you can cut me up or do some other horrible thing to me.” I told him and added, “give me a break. Will you? It's not like I'm stupid or anything.” With that I rolled my window back up and crossed my arms over my chest. I kept my eyes straight ahead gazing deep into the forest, like it was my plan to be right where I was all stuck in the mud at the edge of the cliff. I heard him knock on my window again. Now I was getting frustrated. I rolled the window a third of the way down, “what do you want? Can't you see I am busy here?” I spouted off at the man.
“Here's my wallet and my keys,” he said dropping them through the crack. “I'm not going to kill you.”
This time both of my eyebrows shot up, who was this nut case?
“I don't want your keys,” I told him. Watching him out of the corner of my eye, I picked up the keys and dropped them back through the crack. I picked up the wallet and curiosity got the best of me. I opened it up.
He was a police officer. NO way, no, no, NO! I unhooked my seat belt, crawled over to the passenger side tossing his wallet at the window and opened the door. My feet hit the ground running, no way was I going to jail! This was beyond what I could deal with right now. This was also about the only option I had available, so I booked it. Thankful I was wearing some sneakers, I was pretty fast but not fast enough to out run the cop who was in much better shape then me. He tackled me from behind and I hit the ground, knocking the wind right out of me. I groaned as I heard him snap a hand cuff on my hand and snap the other end to something else.
“Why me officer?” I panted, “what did I do?”
He pulled me up to him and gave me a good look, “what are you doing out here? Do you realize how close you were to the edge of a huge ravine?”
“So, what if I do?” I retorted, “please don't take me to jail.”
“Are you doing any drugs?” Came his standard reply, I was ready for him to start reading off my rights.
“No,” I told him “and I'm not drunk. I have a great record, you can look me up and see for yourself.”
We had started walking back towards my car when he pulled me around to face him. He spoke sternly, in a low voice, “I was out here for a reason, before you came along and I need to get to that before it gets all messed up.” He let out a huff of breath, “now be good and maybe I'll just forget this whole thing ever happened.” The cop took me back over to my car, unlocked the hand cuff from his own wrist and locked me to my door frame. “You just stay right here,” he commanded me.
I leaned against my car and tried to think of ways out of my situation. I couldn't think of anything, I heard a crackle in the woods off to the right of my car. What now? I thought rolling my eyes, thinking that nothing could make this failed attempt any worse.

---------------------------added more story on 3/07---------------------------

Okay, maybe it could get worse, I thought when a huge wolf almost as big as a bear lunged out of the woods at full speed. The thing was heading right towards my car until it suddenly gathered itself and changed directions, heading back up the path in the same direction the cop had just gone. Now the cop is going to be dinner and I'm going to die chained up to my dead car, ironic? I think so.
I leaned back against my car and thought about my previous life. Did I have any last wishes? No, not really. Any last regrets or things I would have done differently? Yes, plenty. Well I am where I am and not much I could do about that, with a sick feeling in my stomach I realized my ears were straining to hear if the cop was getting eaten or not. Now why do people do things like that? I found myself wondering, probably I was just trying to distract myself from the cold weather and inevitable death that awaited me. Like for example, why if someone claims they farted do people sniff? Everyone knows a fart smells bad, so why smell for one? These things always confused me about life, but hey what did I know anyways.

I couldn't tell you how long I stood there, chilled to the bone when finally the cop came walking back down the road. He lives! I was actually happy about this little fact and my body felt relief at being able to move, hopefully to get warm. When the cop walked up to me he looked dog tired, like he had the kind of day I always had, and when I started to speak he quickly put up his hand in a gesture that begged me to keep quiet. I tightened my lips and kept my comment about understanding his day to myself. He said in a tired voice, "just please don't say anything." I shook my head at him, keeping my lips sealed shut. "Get what ever you care about out of your car and I'll take you home," he told me. This must be my lucky night, he didn't sound like he was going to commit me to jail! Excellent!

To Comment Please Go Here

Last edited by Ageless Vampire on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ageless Vampire
Ageless Vampire

Female Posts : 2711

Character sheet
Name:
Age: a time of life (usually defined in years) at which some particular qualification or power arises, such as...
Affinities : Fire & Equestrian

Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name.   Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name. EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 am

---------------------------added more story on 12/08---------------------------

He pulled the keys out of his pocket and stuck the correct key in the hole. My eyes stared like hot laser beams of lava at the key, watching it slowly turn, while my teeth chattered from the frigid air. I could not help myself, honestly if I had this whole thing happen again... I know I would have reacted exactly the same way. I started laughing. A laugh that started small, held behind my breath and escalated rapidly into hysterics, causing the cop to stop unlocking the handcuffs and just stare at me.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I said between fits of giggles. "Oh please, don't stop. I'm so sorry!"
Regardless of my apologies, he didn't turn the key and instead just gaped at me. I tried to hold my breath, but the laughter came out in a nervous whoosh of air. I tried to remember all the reasons I was out here in the first place, but the laughter got stronger ...edged now with tears and frustration. Finally, I grabbed my stomach with my free hand and got control of the fits as I struggled for air, dropping to my knees. The handcuff bit into my skin drawing a couple of drops of blood that I didn't even feel as my eyes stared at the cold, hard earth.
"Really, why me?" I asked aloud, to no one in particular.
I felt a warm, soft sensation on my wrist that sent chills over my skin. I looked up to see the stranger holding my now uncuffed hand in his and running his tongue over my raw skin. His eyes met mine and our gaze held for one second longer then socially acceptable. Weird? Yes, very... but his amber eyes seemed to wash my thoughts and worries right out the window. Or in this case, being that I am outside the car, any sane notions I might have had just sort of vanished into thin air.
"Coffee?" He asked with a sly smile.
Back to top Go down

Crazy UnNamed Story <---One day it will have a name.
Page 1 of 1