House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?

Go down 
+46
Erinacchi
djstoute897
ZoeRedbird
softball21
XxPunkAngelxX
vampirechild
JCP1987
shaeshae
Spencer Δ
Amii~.
*PrincessOfDarkness*
Namine
Zmirazz
Fallen_warrior
Nova
twizzlers
*~Dreamer~*
Vamp_wannabe
VampyreFreak
~Devon~
Katie-la
lizzirawrsyu911
Drippy
Newbie Love
Lovegood. [;
Nightchild
gamerchica
Emi-Em~~*
Moonerz.
Emo Kitty
Skittles
~♪Dark_Rose♪~
ApacheBoy
earth-spirit
babygurl_20
Skyeee<3 [;
Midnightpanther
!*Nox*!
Shannon_babiee619
~EmoKassidy~
Kai_Of_The_Shadowz
Run BB Run
Mari-chan
seyma
Hex
Rose
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
twizzlers
Accidentally burning down a tree with Fire
twizzlers

Female Cancer Pig

Character sheet
Name: Rhein
Affinities : water, telekineses, teleportation , singing

Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:50 am

will we ever have a chatbox again??
Back to top Go down
http://www.leavesunturned.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 am

Twizzlers, as they said multiple times that the chatbox will never come back because of the never ending drama involving many people.There might be other reasons though, it's sad but true, sorry. :/
Back to top Go down
twizzlers
twizzlers

Female Cancer Pig

Character sheet
Name: Rhein
Affinities : water, telekineses, teleportation , singing

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:31 am

oh ok, well that is very sad, but i have to say i do understand. Thank you for letting me know, sorry for the repetitive question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leavesunturned.tumblr.com
Emo Kitty
Admin
Admin
Emo Kitty

Female Leo Dog

Character sheet
Name: Luna Moon
Affinities : Fire, Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:24 am

As said above, the chat box has been removed due to Misbehaviour. It will not be returning because of the drama.
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet
Name: Karena Drako
Affinities : Writting and Death

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:32 pm

And if people keep asking then there will never even be a chance that it will be brought back. The site is for the books. Most of the people who caused the drama barely ever posted. And a lot of them haven't been on or posting since the CB has been removed. But once it is back, the members return and cause drama. So until further notice, there will be NO CB on this site, and if people keep asking, it will take even longer for us to even consider bringing it back.
Back to top Go down
http://houseofnight.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Nova
Getting on the wrong side of the High Priestess
Nova

Female Gemini Dog

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Affinities : water

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:29 pm

so, i got a new idea, how about for each book? like, the forums discussing them? i think like if you click on marked, the background should be the same as the cover. like how we had it for tempted, or burned when they were released, it should be like that for when you click the book tittle.
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 pm

We can't make a different background for every page. Forumotion only allows us to have 1 background for the entire forum.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Nova

Female Gemini Dog

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Affinities : water

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm

sad panda!
Back to top Go down
Fallen_warrior
Temporary Mod
Fallen_warrior

Male Leo Goat

Character sheet
Name: Reaper
Affinities : speed, strength, visual accuracy, shadow manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:39 pm

I have a suggestion for the library, there are a few popular book Authors that aren't present, such as J.K. Rowling and sherrillyn kenyon. I suggest a general topic in there where people can post Author names that don't appear there and the main topic gets updated every month.
Back to top Go down
!*Nox*!
Mod
Mod
!*Nox*!

Male Virgo Tiger
Location : Drowning is a sea of self-loathing and despair, no lifeguards on duty.

Character sheet
Name: Crystal Night
Affinities : Poetry, Love, and Death

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 pm

I will bring up that suggestion to the rest of the staff. I have been consudering the idea for a bit but didnt know if it was good, but i will bring it up and hopefully we will have a topic in This section (The Forum section) soon. Thanks for bringing that up! =D
Back to top Go down
http://3ambro.tumblr.com/
Fallen_warrior
Temporary Mod
Fallen_warrior

Male Leo Goat

Character sheet
Name: Reaper
Affinities : speed, strength, visual accuracy, shadow manipulation

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:52 pm

thank you nox
Back to top Go down
!*Nox*!
Mod
Mod
!*Nox*!

Male Virgo Tiger
Location : Drowning is a sea of self-loathing and despair, no lifeguards on duty.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 am

no problemo =D
Back to top Go down
Zmirazz
Temporary Mod
Zmirazz

Female Sagittarius Horse

Character sheet
Name: Demona
Affinities : fire,air,earth and spirit

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:00 pm

is there any birthday reminder? i think it would be cool if every user enters his/ her birthday and others could wish them happy bd thanks to a reminder
maybe its not such a good idea but i was thinking if it could be done here
Back to top Go down
http://www.angels-and-demons.rigala.net
!*Nox*!
Mod
Mod
!*Nox*!

Male Virgo Tiger

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:44 pm

we use to have one, but i believe we took it off along with some other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zmirazz
Temporary Mod
Zmirazz

Female Sagittarius Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 pm

oww okay, and i was thinking about having a place where all users can talk about anything like the hidden passages. only mods can write in it but if we had one where everyone can talk it would be nice to meet new people, unless there is one and i haven't found it yet! 10x nox
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 pm

We will not be having any section like that anymore. They were removed due to people not understanding the rules of the forum so we took away anything that wasn't HON/Book/RP. If you are friends with a member they are most likely going to tell you when their birthday is so you can wish them a happy birthday then.

And if people keep bringing up the Hidden Passage and the CB the slim chance that we might bring them back keeps getting slimmer and slimmer and farther and farther away. The forum is about the books, not a place to come and talk about random things. I know this sounds mean, but we mean well.
Back to top Go down
Zmirazz
Temporary Mod
Zmirazz

Female Sagittarius Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:50 am

okay,, i'm sry emily i didn't mean to get you mad or upset you, anyways i was just asking:) 10x
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I didnt get mad I was only half asleep and also tired of members asking about the CB and Hidden Passage. It was removed for a reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:39 pm

So far from skimming through this thread I haven't seen a mention of this certain concern so here I go.

I've noticed the site lags, not only the tab it's displayed in, but my entire computer. While my computer runs smoothly for anything normal, this site does not and I'm sure it has to do with the amount of memory usage it's making my system display. I mean, I play rendered MMO games which on normal computers without a graphics card would surely only lag it or in extreme cases, crash it. I can't have many tabs open or even run the site with youtube at the same time because something is causing the computer to slow down.

What is causing this to happen? Do the owners of this site manually script how the site looks? Because if so, I say there's a faulty script somewhere. I doubt simple tickers like the one displayed at the top and the side would cause my computer to lag when it's a simple site (This is also why I like forums that have their members create signatures to a certain memory or resolution limit, easier and faster to load). I can understand the site itself lagging but not my computer. It's making the computer load something it shoudn't be.

Not everyone has decent computers and mines fairly decent in video display without a proper graphics card so it's able to take a lot of memory at one time. It's only this site that I have this problem so I can't even run multiple things at the same time. I'm absolutely sure this isn't something on my side and to be honest, I can live with whatever it is because it's only three second lag to switch tab's or windows, but it is annoying to the point I don't want to stay on the site long. I'm sure you'd like to know about this.

EDIT: LAWL! I noticed ten seconds later I could've put this in the "FAQ and Help" Section. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Namine
Admin
Admin
Namine

Female Gemini Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Arwen
Affinities : Water and Air

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Well, I'm not sure why that happens. I can use this site and it doesn't lag except scrolling (which happens everywhere so it doesn't count), and I can have about three tabs open at once and nothing changes much. But, I will ask to see if anyone knows what could possibly be causing this to see if it can get fixed. And there is a character limit and possibly image size limit on the signatures.
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:50 pm

We can't do anything about that. the forumotion boards are free and they do most of the scripting, all we do is post images and change colors. I have't heard many complaints about the site lagging (I have heard of forumotion boards lagging for some people and causing issues but they sort of over-reacted...) I am sorry for the lag but we cannot do anything about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Ah, alright. Like I said, it's just an annoyance and I can live with it but it's nice to bring up the issue because I thought it was possible to fix it. Thanks anyways. =)
Back to top Go down
VampyreFreak
Admin
Admin
VampyreFreak

Female Libra Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Welcome. Hope you still have fun here
Back to top Go down
*PrincessOfDarkness*
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
*PrincessOfDarkness*

Female Libra Dog

Character sheet
Name: alyson
Affinities : spirit, fire. knows persons past with one single touch. can read auroas

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:24 am

for the roleplay section, you could add like a music roleplays, i dunno, its on aanother forums thing im on, it seems like it would be fun but its just an ideaa
Back to top Go down
gamerchica
Practicing your new affinity
Practicing your new affinity
gamerchica

Female Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:57 am

Yeah! Totally! But like... wats that? Like how would it work???? bc thatz wat makes me really confuzzled. Idk maybe I'm not very observent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?   Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Have Any Suggestions For The Forum?
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next