House of Night Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?

Go down 
+31
ZoeRedbird
tdb1997
Moonerz.
Rose
Vamp_wannabe
Ivy
Nightchild
-~Lumanee~-
~Devon~
Fallen_warrior
xxEmo Hippie Angelxx
ainhi90
ApacheBoy
verona
~Crystal_Night_goddess~
Tabor~!
Hex
Alaina123
Shikyo
Jazzy512
Kai_Of_The_Shadowz
BonnieBennett
darkdaughter741852
~Jenny-kins~
archery74
dana.mariel
markedjaspercullen
jazmine
Flicker
nightgoddess14
Mr.D
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xxEmo Hippie Angelxx
Being chosen by a kitty
Being chosen by a kitty
xxEmo Hippie Angelxx

Female Cancer Tiger

Character sheet
Name: K
Affinities : Psychic powers,music,spirit,darkness,poetry,writing,and wolves

What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 pm

I was 11 when I started the series. so in that point it's not that bad and it's not a sex scene.
Back to top Go down
http://angel-of-spirit.tumblr.com
Fallen_warrior
Temporary Mod
Fallen_warrior

Male Leo Goat

Character sheet
Name: Reaper
Affinities : speed, strength, visual accuracy, shadow manipulation

What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:18 am

i believe, 10 is the minimum age to read this series, it has some themes to it that younger people may not understand, such as humer and sarcasm
Back to top Go down
~Devon~
Attending your first supernatural classes
~Devon~

Female Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:46 am

i think tha age you know
about sex so tha first book
don't shock you..
but kids these day come out of tha
womb knowing more about sex then me
lol
Back to top Go down
http://dark-daughter-sons.forumotion.net
-~Lumanee~-
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
-~Lumanee~-

Female Leo Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Simona
Affinities : Music control, Lover's eyes

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 am

Lol. I used to think sex was scary. I think the age is like 12, that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://kaminoclonetroopers.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Cc-7567_love
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah same here. 12 years.
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Female Sagittarius Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Carter
Affinities : able to take other people's affinities

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:24 pm

I started to read the books when i was 11 and i think that 12 is a good age because even though zoey has sex in the third book she regrets the whole rest of the series and i do think that you should let your daughter read twilight if you haven't already because bella waits to get married to do anything
Back to top Go down
-~Lumanee~-
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
-~Lumanee~-

Female Leo Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Simona
Affinities : Music control, Lover's eyes

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:32 am

Lol. Yeah, but in a way Z sets kind of a good example fpr kids. Minus the sex and slutty parts!
Back to top Go down
http://kaminoclonetroopers.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Cc-7567_love
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:33 am

that she totally regrets that is one of the reasons that i would let a twelve year old read it is she loved it and did it all the time i would say fourteen to sixteen
Back to top Go down
Vamp_wannabe
Accidentally blowing your friends over with Air
Vamp_wannabe

Female Scorpio Cat

Character sheet
Name: Juno
Affinities : passion, people and weather

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:53 am

i think that with all the swearing, sex and evil in this book i would say 15 and older would be a reasonable age to read it... and i know for sure that i wont be letting my daughter read it until shes that age but that another 9 years away lol
Back to top Go down
Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Rose

Female Taurus Monkey

Character sheet
Name: Rose Fletcher
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 pm

If you think about film ratings and then compare to the book it would be around 12-13.
In England, a film rated 12, usually involves extremely minor swearing (like once maybe twice in the entire thing) or a sex scene that doesn't really reveal anything, like, you know what's happening without anything happening on screen. (If that makes sense)

So I think 12 is a good age to read the books, most 12 year olds now days understand what sex is and they often hear swearing so it wouldn't shock them overly...
Back to top Go down
~Devon~
~Devon~

Female Gemini Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:41 pm

i think rose makes a very good
point
Back to top Go down
http://dark-daughter-sons.forumotion.net
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:04 pm

me too
Back to top Go down
Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Rose

Female Taurus Monkey

Character sheet
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was making sense in the middle of writing that >.<
Back to top Go down
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:18 pm

I simi understood it
Back to top Go down
Vamp_wannabe
Vamp_wannabe

Female Scorpio Cat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:44 am

well i dont know about you but i certainly dont want this movie to be made as a PG film and if it was you can count on them skimping out in the fighting and stuff... even Harry Potter was rated for viewers 15 and older or 13 if you have parents consent and harry potter has nothing on this series
Back to top Go down
Nightchild
Mod
Mod
Nightchild

Female Taurus Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Jez Fall
Affinities : Can't miss what I aim at, Spirit and Earth..

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 am

I agree with Rose.
And about the HP thing, yes that's true, but I think they rated it for viewers 15 and older because of Voldermort or have you spell it, and the fights with him and the deaths and all. Which I think is weird because it wasn't scary at all.
Back to top Go down
http://imagination-forum.forummotion.com
Moonerz.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonerz.

Female Taurus Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Marissa Winters (Mar)
Affinities : Witchcraft and Shadow Casting

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:36 pm

All I can state for a fact is that I'm twelve and I started reading the books when I was eleven. Not permanently scarred nor do I give much thought into the more explicit scenes in the book, but it all depends on what you think. If you are a parent, whose not to say you can't read the book and decide on which of an appropriate age to let your child read would be?

Personally, I believe it all depends on what you're ready to expose your child to.
Back to top Go down
Vamp_wannabe
Vamp_wannabe

Female Scorpio Cat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 pm

lol well im looking at it from a parents point of view but i can dare say that when i was 12 i probably would have gotten angry if i wasnt allowed to read it lol but yeah becoming a parent changes things lol
Back to top Go down
Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Rose

Female Taurus Monkey

Character sheet
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Honestly, if I was 12 and my Mum tried to stop me reading a book found in the Young Adult section of the bookshop I'd be pretty angry, the publishers choose the ratings in which books are given, just like there's a company who rates the movies too.
Since there are a whole group of people who decided it to be in that sections then surely letting people of that age read it is allowed. I know being a parent changes things, although, not being a parent myself makes my view biased.

Back to top Go down
Moonerz.
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Moonerz.

Female Taurus Tiger

Character sheet
Name: Marissa Winters (Mar)
Affinities : Witchcraft and Shadow Casting

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Exactly what Rosey said. They're put in the Young Adult section for a reason. As soon as you know it's in there, you might want to think about if you'd consider your child a "Young Adult" or not.
Back to top Go down
Vamp_wannabe
Vamp_wannabe

Female Scorpio Cat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:21 pm

i dont class 12 year olds as young adults.. i class them as kids and i do know that not all 12 year olds are the same but most of the ones i know are still too immature to be reading it but my sister who is 12 i think she would be classed as a young adult because she is a very mature 12 year old
Back to top Go down
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:35 am

the thing is that most girls that are twelve are mature enough to read the young adult books most of the books that are made for twelve year olds are much to childish so I think that the ratings are useless minus to tell you where your books are located in the book store
Back to top Go down
Rose
Trying to stop war
Trying to stop war
Rose

Female Taurus Monkey

Character sheet
Affinities :

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:59 am

In which case it is entirely up to the parent as to whether they let there child read a YA book..

Back to top Go down
Ivy
Loving the feeling
Loving the feeling
Ivy

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 pm

i agree with you on that
Back to top Go down
tdb1997
Going about a regular day
Going about a regular day
tdb1997

Female Libra Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Ellena Salvator
Affinities : Fire

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 pm

im 13 and have read every book that has come out so far my mom knows that there was a sex scene and still lets me read it but i think the reason she lets them read them is because of my maturity level Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?   What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is an appropriate age to start reading House of Night series?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next